Lalique pour Homme Equus (2001) Eau de Parfum

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 2001. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Juniper berry, Citrus zest
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Mace, Sequoia wood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Amyris, Benzoin siam

Submitted by Lupnigardsch, last update on 10.10.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique, which differs in concentration.

7.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Galahad
A touch of insignificance - liquorice rasping - I can't help but get through the horses ...
Equus pour Homme was a blind purchase for me, the filler, so to speak, to save shipping costs. Like almost all Lalique fragrances, it is very inexpensive to find online, but in many perfumeries Lalique is not even on the shelves.
Due to the very good rating of 8.5 at the moment, I was as tense as a flash bow at the first - and that's anticipated, last test.
For the coming autumn I was looking for some woody and spicy scents, here Equus should fit well into the scheme, I thought at least.
I liked the ingredients of the fragrance very much on paper, so what should go wrong with a price of mid 20€. The juniper berry, which is repeatedly praised in some reviews, is often used in my kitchen as well as in the digestif afterwards. I particularly appreciate the tart touch of the fruit in distilled form as a main botanical in gin. In Lalique implementation I can unfortunately not even guess it, in my opinion he lacks the bitterness of the berry completely. Overall, the fragrance is very sweet. More of a liquorice shredder :-) For a spicy Holdzuft the horses go through me here too fast with a very sweet benzoe-resin note.
Also the fragrance changes very little in the course of wearing, it remains flat, one-dimensional and therefore somewhat disappointing, I had hoped for a more differentiated course. Since Kenzo "Power" at the latest, I have come to appreciate flowery notes very much, here they blend into a sweet woody scent, strongly overlaid by nutmeg. Nutmeg, which I also like to use for cooking, gives this scent something dusty and old-fashioned, similar to Kenzo "Jungle" pour Homme it covers the whole fragrance pyramid. However, the warmer and less fresh players are not able to integrate the nutmeg.

Unfortunately Lalique therefore remains for me an uninteresting scent, which is also quite weak on the chest. Worn on the skin was after 4 hours absolute break from broadcasting. Within the first hour I could still perceive the scent, afterwards only very closely.

Of all Lalique-fragrances tested so far only Encre-Noir could convince with quality (yes, I could wear this polarized one only rarely, but it is well composed and has power). With all other fragrances I was always a little surprised about the good rating in this forum, because they were not comprehensible for me. This is not a reproach to all the Lalique-fans out there, I like to be taught better :-) #challengegeaccepted

Only the flacon can make something, except the plastic lid, which doesn't fit the aesthetic relief of the horse's head.
It was a short intermezzo between me and Equus, I will not ride the horse to death, but transfer him to a nine stable. The butcher was too sorry about the ferry for me. All that remains after our only ride together is a touch of insignificance ..
10.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Equus Review
A very original Juniper+Nutmeg combination. But I feel like the smell of Malaysian halal food restaurants. Just only some hints are shared with Spicebomb and Bvlgari MIB. The three are actually quite different. Equus is essentially a type of chef fragrance.

Anyway I have both EDP and EDT. Performance doesn't seem to make much difference. EDP pours more nutmeg and mace, and EDT seamlessly connects from citrus to vetiver-woody notes. But really not a big difference. Both are great value for about $ 25. It's best for a day off at home. Equus is a domestic and caring husband, and a father holding his two years old child in his arms and cooking in the kitchen.

It's not useful at all for outdoor or official events. Unless you're a novice, it's not good for business also. Wear it only on weekends to fool your wife that you did some houseworks.

* The engraved bottle is really artistic.
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Farneon
The juniper's new freshness, or: another gin and tonic?
Not only since today I am olfactory on the wrong track! ;-) Whereby this way may be enriched very gladly with striking herb smells ... Just as if you were going on a hike through a light, dry, Mediterranean forest. Equus gives me this impression, but of course I wonder to what extent I should go down this road in the big city that is my home? On the other hand, I could say to myself: I now wear a Gin Tonic on my skin, so one of the still hottest trendy drinks!

My first statement, which was less enthusiastic, is now followed (after many days of testing) by this comment!

Yeah, Equus is pretty weak-chested for an EDP. I don't even want to imagine how the EDT comes along. But since it is relatively cheap, I don't want to criticize it too harshly. The ingredients keep what they promise. The juniper berry is the clear focus and the citrus peel gives the whole a tart freshness. All the other ingredients make sure that I don't feel too reminded of kitchen herbs and that the whole thing doesn't develop too one-dimensionally.

I can't say what the name of the horse is, but the association seems clear: we are dealing here with a natural, green, discreetly spiced and rather rural scent experience. The fragrance is quite linear, which I personally welcome, because I don't really like changing moods within a few hours
Anyway, I'm just thinking that I smell damn good or like to smell Equus! On the other hand, it is also clear to me that juniper is not everyone's cup of tea and that current fragrance trends do not come to bear here at all. NO sweetness, soap, powder, flowers, leather: you're looking for all that here in vain ... which is why Equus turns me on, but "out there" may well sink, at least when going out!
8.0 5.0 7.0 7.0/10

Perles Pour Homme?
Scentrack: Jakatta – The Other World

In my opinion Lalique is one of the most underappreciated fragrance houses. Lalique always delivers well-composed imaginative creations for a good price. Just to mention Encre Noire, Hommage a l’Homme, Hommage a l’Homme Voyageur, Perles, Amethyst, Ombre Noire... Yes, performance is sometimes subpar, but no one could deny their timeless beauty and sophistication.
Equus is the typical story of Lalique fragrance. Launched too early, nicely polished, reminiscent of a classic era and completely under the radar. It opens with a certain Asian citrus touch that almost immediately transforms in spice cabinet nutmeg and cardamom. This introduction is rounded by juniper with gin qualities and just a hint of green violet leaf. Then gradually morphs in woody phase characterized by the guitar rosewood, subtle vetiver and musk. In the base there is also a touch of gentle powder. The most impressive is the connection between the name and the composition. From the first smell Equus transported me way back in the past, directly in the circus. Although it is clean, polite and well groomed, underneath the surface is a funky animal hidden note, probably by the usage of some woods.
Equus is very natural smelling composition. Relaxing as a walk through a peaceful forest on a sunny day. The sun is muted by ancient trees, but still bright enough to enjoy the walk. A composition that came out too early. Later this theme will be relaunched in a denser way inside Spicebomb and Bvlgari Man in Black. It has some qualities of radiant Perles, but still, it is not its male counterpart. A beautiful woodsy fougere that confirms my theory that 2000s were the most creative years for perfumes.
9.0 5.0 6.0 9.0/10

The spice cabinet
Never smelled and yet very vague memories. Dried hay in the shed? The sun-warmed wooden bench under an old tree? I don't know exactly what this scent is trying to remind me of so remotely melancholically. But I can tell you how I perceive him or what picture he draws for me:

In front of me stands a small, rather inconspicuous little cupboard made of wood. I'll open the door. Even before I can see the contents, the scent of various herbs and spices flows towards me. It smells dry and bitter and also fresh. The juniper is to be noticed right at the front and at the beginning at the strongest. Next to it there are some cardamom capsules and provide a slightly exotic spice. Further back I find nutmeg and a small bouquet of wild herbs. On the inside of the door hang a few dried lemon slices to decorate and give off their fresh, sour scent.

The longer I examine the contents of the cupboard, the more the spicy aromas unite with the fresh, untreated, light wood of the container. But unfortunately the scent evaporates - I quickly close the door. But already tomorrow I will send my nose again on the smell journey into the inside of the spice cupboard!
9.0 8.0 9.5/10

Elevator Pause
This mesmerizer caused me to follow a strange man onto an elevator and stand in the doors, asking what he was wearing. Understanding me fully, he answered quite seriously but all I heard was "Lalique Pour Homme" before I stepped back and let him get on his way. Bad manners, yes, but there are worse things—like never finding out what this was! I panicked when I discovered that Lalique Pour Homme comes in versions: Lion, Horse (Equus), Deer (Le Faune), also Cristal which includes Panther, Bouddha and Athletes.

Off I went to the nearest Lalique counter, to no avail except narrowing it down to this and the one above (Lion) because they weren't in stock. I ordered them both from an online discounter and, voila! The elevator man was wearing the intoxicant, Equus. It has Juniper, mainly. Also cardamom and citrus zest in the top. Violet leaf, Mace (mace? oh, the seasoning) and Sequoia wood in the heart. When I put the test strip to my nose, I didn't want to interrupt smelling to take it down and do a skin test. On paper, my nose loved it as much as faves of this group: Pour Monsieur and Heritage.

Okay, skin test. Yum to the max. I love this fresh, appealingly bracing scent. My nose does twitch a tiny tad, eventually, so there may be an aromachemical in there, but not enough to close a nose like so many new ones do.
6.0 6.0 10.0 8.0/10

Spicy Woody Goodness
I am totally in love with and impressed by this fragrance. A gentleman's scent. With extreme longevity. I'm surprised it has a longevity rating of 7.1 when really this easily lasts at least 14 hours

I received this as a gift and didn't expect much but boy was I wrong. I will definitely be buying another bottle for myself soon.

Carlitos01 169 days ago
Equus is unique in a good way. It's manly, with a remarkable citrus opening followed by a fenomenal forest scent of juniper & woods. Great!+4
10.0
Vmaster 6 months ago
This is a very nice woody-spicy that makes me feel like I am walking in a redwood forest on a hot and dry Summer day.+1
9.0
9.0
Rocendroll 10 months ago
[Tak] Męski, serdeczny i taki okalający ciepłem. Na zimę chyba trochę za słodki, to może na jesień? Wzbudza we mnie jakiegoś rodzaju radość+1
ScentsByKK 17 months ago
Spicy Woody Goodness+1
10.0

by IrisNobile
by IrisNobile
Ein schattiges Plätzchen für's Pferd....
by Blödel
by Helge
by Helge
by Couchlock
by Couchlock
by Privateblend
by Privateblend

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique L'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique L'Insoumis by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Nilang (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique