Lalique pour Homme Lion 1997 Eau de Parfum

Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique
Bottle Design Marie-Claude Lalique
Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lalique for men and was released in 1997. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit LavenderLavender Mandarin orangeMandarin orange RosemaryRosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris JasmineJasmine Virginia cedarVirginia cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris OakmossOakmoss PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Couchlock, last update on 24.05.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique, which differs in concentration.

Nilson12
Save Lalique pour Homme Lion!
LOVE Lalique Pour Homme!!!
My first imported perfume! I bought it at a time when I knew nothing about perfumes, or even their fragrances. I was younger, time from my first job.
I went into an imported perfume store (something chic), saw that bottle of perfume, and bought the perfume because of the magnificence of its bottle, that face of a rustic lion, and when I tasted that fragrance it won me over at first.

Since the first time I felt it in the store, or so many other times I've used it, it reminds me of a fougere, powdery, classy perfume, which also has a BARBERSHOP vibe, which reminds me of cleanliness, a feeling that you just showered, and used LUXURY soap, in a 5 STAR hotel.

NOTE: Don't be a reductionist, and don't just sum it up there is something vintage, or even dated! This is stupid! Be smart, try to understand the perfume! Don't be part of this NUTELA generation, which is used to this sweet vibe that is already a pain in today's perfumes!

- Fixation on my skin for at least 8 hours (always quite remarkable).
- Average projection of 1 hour and a half, whoever comes close to me always praises.
My name is Alpha
Some don't talk much, they just are. Here the name is program. The opening is aromatic, underpinned with mild citrus. Short intro, then "no nonsense". Linear aromatic-floral on hard wood. It's serious, classic. I am alpha, my place is on the cushion.
EIn prima fragrance for occasions when it matters. Salary negotiation, employee interview, hello, dear future mother-in-law, child, what have you done now. Let me introduce you to my best employee, Do you tango? Do you want me.... you get the idea.
We're all kind of crazy hunter-gatherers here. This is not a club scent. But he fits exactly for THE Momement, if he is there. And, he costs almost nothing. No "must have", but "should have".
PS: if someone has tested the Lion times at the first meeting with the future father in law, please report to me ;-)
Harrock
An opening vile as Ed Gein, a drydown elegant as Jay Gatsby..
Lalique actually stands for good quality or niche quality for a reasonable price. At the latest since Encre Noir knows each niche must not always 300 € or 400 € cost. I myself know and wear Encre Noir and am through Parfumo then also on the other Lalique fragrances found and Pour Homme had it me then angetan, the fragrance pyramid sounded promising and the comments were right. So briefly looked on the Internet and ordered ... A par days later, the fragrance then also arrived, and before I now go into detail: The fragrance has not convinced me at the beginning rather disappointed ...

The Opening.
When I had sprayed the first time Pour Homme lion, I thought to myself only "Oh man what have you bought?"... The Opening the first 10-20 minutes partly up to 30 minutes a so bestial chemistry stank ... what is going on here ? It smelled so disgustingly bitter synthetic... do you know those scent sprayers that some have in the bathroom next to the toilet of febrees or something ? That's what it smelled like. Bitterly chemical and synthetic nothing fresh, nothing citrusy nothing that even remotely resembles a perfume. In fact, it got so bad, it gave me a slight headache... with these fragrance dispensers for the bathroom that is normal, they are supposed to bind and drown out the other fragrances but in a perfume? No, that's not possible! With Cool Water Intense one has yes also so a Synthetischen smell at the beginning, which is however after 5-10 minutes away here holds the really 10-20 minutes and partly I smell the also a half hour afterwards still .... I was shortly before throwing the thing away...

The middle and the dry-down
After the initial shock was overcome actually returned some calm ... the synthetic faded and it laid a light citrus veil around my neck with the first light signs of vanilla at the end. I wondered "Is this it? Is this the Lalique pour Homme you were talking about? Is this the elegant citrusy-powdery scent we always talked about?" I actually started to like the scent, it has something sublime and elegant about it. But there was still something slightly bitter in the air but this time more in the direction of soap ... just soap. At the end remained the vanilla with a light citrus touch And I found it almost a pity that the fragrance would now slowly disappear the last hours had been very pleasant...

Conclusion
If we leave out the opening times, then this is quite a passable fragrance ! Definitely an everyday fragrance that accompanies a good and happy 8 hours and never becomes too intrusive. It has a slight vintage touch to it and the bottle is all first cream! Only the plastic lid seems too big and inappropriate. I myself still have an old filling where the lion's head with this "Frozen-glas" effect is imprinted and properly pressed into the bottle while the new version is simply printed on it ...
I can not forget this opening but I have to be really spartan with the fragrance otherwise I get a headache ... so I have the duft rated a little worse than he actually is ... the scent is good but this opening is not at all! And it accompanies a halt already up to 30 minutes and that's not acceptable..., I will probably not buy this fragrance again..

Friendly lavender
This is a lovely lavender and vanilla combination, with citrus and fresh herbs at the top and dry woods at the bottom. It's gentle, not sweet at all. There's a fougere accent that keeps it sharp and interesting. I get a faint soap vibe as well, a bit old-school yes, which may explain why people call it 'barbershop'. I don't know, the stuff my barber splashes on me after a cut can't compete with this elegant fragrance.

It stays close to the skin, even when temperature goes up.
All in all a versatile high quality scent. The bottle is just impressive artwork.
Powdered lemon
An interesting combination of powdery iris and citrus freshness, with slightly woody notes in the background, and all in all, it is a really pleasing fragrance that should be tried especially for the price.

The only shortcoming for me here is the low silage and durability, the fragrance settles relatively quickly very close to the skin.
A summer night in Tuscany
How do I start. You know how there are scents, you read their notes and immediately think that you have to have this perfume. That's what happened here.
The lion symbolizes strength, untamed and pure dominance, the lion does not let itself be shaken by anything and is not afraid of anyone. So if a fragrance bears this crest, it must be very strong, just like its wearer. And when I talk about strength I don't necessarily mean power, but mental power, because you radiate this to the outside and with this power even a small mouse can look like a giant.

So much for the intro.
For a long time I thought about getting it, because often I read "old man's fragrance", which I personally cannot confirm. But I would also say that this scent is nothing for a 20 year old young man who wants to impress some women in the disco. This fragrance is for a man who has stood with both feet in life
Let's get back to the bottle, which is absolutely precious in mine and ultimately reflects the fragrance. The engraved lion and the beautiful shape of the bottle are more than appealing and I think it can compete with the Valentino Uomo bottle
Now to the actual fragrance.
So that's... woooow! This lion roars really hard in the beginning!
A load of grapefruit, bergamot and above all rosemary comes your way! The top note smells very bitter, but also spicy. The rosemary plays an important role over almost the entire course of the fragrance. In the beginning very aggressive, the lion changes in the heart note and becomes a bit calmer. The iris joins in and gives the fragrance something creamy. I also take floral notes. I'm wearing it at this very moment and it's now in its base and the iris is now joined by vanilla and sandalwood. It becomes more and more pleasant every time I wear it
All in all this fragrance in its spicy/sweet combination is definitely a perfume that stands out from the crowd. It smells to me by and large like Tuscany at sunset, very fresh, spicy and a hint of vanilla in the air. Even if the first blast is really extreme, it simply evolves into something extremely elegant and very noble. The high quality you get for this price is definitely hard to beat.

You can wear this fragrance all year round, but I think it is better in autumn/winter.

And not to forget, the durability is really extremely good. I applied this fragrance this morning at half past two and I still smell it very clearly, even if my wrist is 30cm away from my nose.

This lion's got it goin' on!

The Aristocrat's Purr
To me, this is one of the greatest designer scents ever created. The subtle genius of Roucel's handiwork is readily apparent in the blend of lavender and vanilla - similar to Kurkdjian's Le Male at times - but with the added dapper elements of crisp cedarwood and a touch of florals for a regal and professional edge.

The opening is a superb blend of herbal lavender, rosemary and tart grapefruit. Immediately, the florals feel "full" as if warmed up by a creamy sandalwood and vanilla right from the start. For me, it was love at first sniff. But just wait...within about 5 minutes, the composition opens up with a fantasticly enveloping cedar note that is seldom found in the designer realm these days. Although it does remind me of Bois du Portugal, I prefer Lalique's iteration by a landslide. It's far less harsh IMO, and with just the right amount of spice, melding perfectly with the velvety lavender and vanilla to create one of the most comforting woody barbershop scents I've ever smelled.

30 minutes in, the rosemary has all but disappeared, and replaced with a synthetic green oakmoss. It's certainly not overdone, but adds a slight sour and musty edge to balance the sweet vanilla, warm lavender and woods. It's such a comforting aroma, that the calming effect on the mind and spirit cannot be understated. Personally, I don't get much iris, jasmine or ambergris, but I'm not complaining. To experience this kind of quality at such a low price is just staggering.

Truth be told, I was on the fence about purchasing this one for a very long time over concerns that it would smell too dated, old-fashioned or like grampa's underpants. Well.....I don't know about grampa's underpants but I can certainly vouch for it having a vintage aftershave feel on account of the lavender and oakmoss. Fortunately, the GENEROUS amount of vanilla in the base comes straight from the 90s and is in NO WAY out of place in today's professional aesthetic.

If you imagine JPG's Le Male to be a young, loud, flirty, rebellious and irresponsible teenager, Lalique Pour Homme is his gentle, level-headed and business-minded aristocratic father - always well shaved, well dressed, informed and respectful of his roots - a true scholar, but also the dreamer as it were, a visionary and optimist. Incidentally, there are times when I am reminded of elements from Versace's The Dreamer, perhaps on account of the green notes combining with the warm and watery sweetness? Either way, the effect is wonderfully nostalgic.

The bulk of the fragrance is dominated by cedar, oakmoss, lavender and vanilla well into the drydown, until it disappears as a soothing and powdery woody vanilla about 7 hours in. Overall performance is about average on my skin, with very modest projection (being an edp), but I suppose that's why it comes in a 125 mL bottle!

So glad I finally gave this scent the benefit of the doubt. I've yet to try the edt version, but I'm sure the effect is similar, albeit a tad brighter on account of the added citrus. Nevertheless, this is easily the best blind-buy I ever made - timeless, regal, professional and grounded. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it to most people under the ages of 20 or 25, but if dapper is your style, definitely go for it. Might as well scoop up a second bottle. I know I am.
The dose-dependent lion
You really never stop learning here at parfumo and you always learn more, mostly with scent samples that you never expected. One such one was this one. You probably know it: You get a completely unknown scent sample in the context of a souk purchase... Hm, I don't know it at all, just click into the pyramid of scents of parfumo... Wow, a Lalique with 8.2, look at that, that's interesting. But: Isn't Lalique the producer of Encre Noir, a fragrance that didn't really convince me at that time and so I "ticked off" Lalique de facto according to the motto: Can anything good come from there?
In short, yes, it can!

The opening is rather harsh, almost bitter, probably due to the bitter grapefruit in combination with rosemary and lavender
However, this rather unfavourable first impression is defused and becomes increasingly floral-woody. The emphasis is on FLORAL-woody and not ONLY-woody, like the Creed Bois du Portugal, to which it is often compared. However, I cannot say anything more precise about this comparison, because at that time the BdP bottling was allowed to leave very quickly because it was too one-dimensional, almost "penetratingly woody". In any case, Bois du Portugal did not convince me in any way.

As a result, however, this one here is much more complex, pleasantly creamy-powdery vanilla, which effectively "tames" the wood parts (or perhaps even the whole lion?). In drydown, this powdery impact makes itself very attractive, I think. I would now describe it as a powdery-woody floral scent, where the segments floral and woody are equal, which for my taste is the special attraction of this scent.

In my opinion, the sillage ability is also worth mentioning: In my opinion, if overdosed, it could easily be used as a distance-maintaining weapon in the sense of the COVID 19 regulations. Therefore, be careful with the dosage, because otherwise the lion could become uncomfortable and unpredictable and become a sillage monster or a fragrance penetrance.

Durability: Very good, lasts loosely as a skin-near fragrance up to 8-9 hours.

If this fragrance hadn't been around for 23 years, I would call it an insider tip. It really amazes me that it has so few comments despite such a high rating here at parfumo. Allegedly, Bill Clinton is or was a user of this fragrance, but that didn't have much influence on my review... :-)

For me, the price of Lalique pour Homme Lion is once again a typical example of how strongly the price depends on the sound of the brand: I dare say that if this were a fragrance from a niche manufacturer (Lalique is a niche, isn't it?) with an even more resonant name, it would probably easily cost several times as much. Of course I'm happy about it.

By the way, because this often seems to be a quality criterion: I don't care, either I like a fragrance (and YES, this can also be a mainstream fragrance) or I don't like it (and YES, this can also be a niche fragrance).

Conclusion: A real discovery, which made it into my collection in flacon form in a very short time. ROOAARRR!!!

Flaviu12
Bois Du Portugal in a very unique blend, sexy bottled, splendid!
I ve blind buy this from the entire reviews on yt chanel and of course i ve watch into Carlitos1 colection, fabulous man, expert in fragnaces and a very humble man! This is classy, this is green, this is spicy, this is woody but not agressive quite alluring and of course not for those who just like Sauvage Dior, Paco Rabane, Invictus-Aqua di Gio type. This is for real man, for real young and mature man, this fragnace have a mature scent! Projection and logevity above the average, for me 7-9 hours lasting till skin scent, silage 5-6 ft, with good 3 hours strong projection. I recieve some compliments, but i repeat myself this is for gentlemans!
Blind buy this? Yes, go blind.

Akela
He is the lion... he is the king !
My signature perfume! I love him and ... if he had a bigger sillage he would have been perfect. He is warm ... woody ... and he gives you a good mood.Of course, there are many perfumes that I like ... in fact ... all !!! :) but this one is from my family. That's how I feel. I will always buy him as long as I live.

50something50something 2 months ago
I like it.
JayNayJayNay 3 months ago
This one deserves a higher ranking than it’s younger brother Equus (horse). The latter smells like nothing compared to Lion.
MikaelMikael 6 months ago
It's warm, smooth and luxurious. Iris, woods, lavender, citrus, all on a creamy vanilla base. Smelling like a lion sure feels good!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Beautiful combination of lavender and rosemary. Spicy, green, woody with fresh citruses in the opening and a barbershop vibe. Great scent.
StamatiosStamatios 12 months ago
Strong grapefruit opening followed by spicy,woody,herbal accords plus a bitter drop.Distinct,manly and classy!EDT performance.Great bottle!
RisendyRisendy 2 years ago
Heavy lavender and rosemary combination, very versatile. Rather for older men. Performance is above average. Great price.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
Another good and affordable fragrance from Lalique. It is citrusy , fresh and uplifting. One of my summer fragrance
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Great piece in every way! It starts like Versace Dreamer, swells up like Jaipur Homme, ends up like Bois du Portugal. Highly recommended.
Flaviu12Flaviu12 2 years ago
Bois du Portugal 4x Cheaper and also a very unique manly scent.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Drydown is similar to Bois du Portugal.....it's very good.

Alles Gute zum Vatertag ...***
by Giggs1980
by Zezick
by Zezick

Popular by Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique