Perles de Lalique (2006)

Perles de Lalique by Lalique

Perles de Lalique is a popular perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBulgarian rose, Iris
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon pepper, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.05.2020.

Longing
I am grateful for this community, which is always critical of consumption and literature, and I enjoy looking for gifts for special people.

Thanks to BonOdeur for the sample! I'm also glad that the package included a nice contribution, Marbert Woman. This helped me to understand this work of art in its traditional line "Chypre". It immediately corresponds to a picture.

Right to the scent. The top note says playfully and unmistakably: you might like me, but I only get what I want. Relationship status: Private. The Bulgarian rose absolutely emphasizes her plump red lips, which speak what the heart note feels and thinks. Why makeup! She carries a briefcase and always looks extremely professional. She is in her mid-20s and where she wanted to go after a quick degree at international universities. Whether Shanghai or UAE, neither the souks nor the advances of the sheikhs could stop her. She runs straight up the stairs, the cameras follow her (not the other way around) and towards the lectern, where she smiles and addresses the guests with "Welcome". That's enough. Everyone smiles back. This is the basis for a pleasant conversation. The men's hearts beat faster. Much longer than at Shalimar, Le Bain and Co, because the men don't control it.

Suppose he were someone else, he'd be happy just to talk to her. But he is him and prefers to imagine that he has shared every thought with her since he spoke to her and took her hand For he will always support her as much as she stands behind him when he steps before his hall.

Even if I usually like to describe a fragrance for a longer time, not here! There is something else more important to me. What do you ladies want with all these expensive sweets? Only boys and girls want to snack. Men want to fight for something that seems unattainable. And women want the same thing. There's no reason to give it up. Woody scents are loved by men. That's why they buy them. And here, the woody is packaged to steal the men's thunder, including Bogart's One Man Shows and the raise. The point of this piece of art is not whether men can wear it, but whether they can't even let them wear it in the first place. Appropriation. Equal opportunity. Subversion.

This is professionalism. That seems to me to be Nathalie Lorson's female counterpart to Encre Noire. It has what it takes to improve the rules by which we play. And that's postmodern too. Female boss without shoulder pads, but with tradition
Here I give 10 out of 10 with full conviction, because Marbert Homme is only retro. "Welcome to the next level" like 6 Space by ILS on good speakers or Soldier of Love by Sade.
Enchanted
Wow!!!
It is unbelievable what my nose reveals itself here! From the very first second, this fragrance captivated me in a way I have never experienced before. For me it is the biggest surprise since I discovered my love for fragrance - a true revolution! And actually exactly what I have always been looking for: a very special, woody scent with a very feminine note.

After the diverse and exciting comments I expected an interesting fragrance, but
this one is really indescribable!

I try to put the pearls into words: This fragrance actually shimmers like pearls in all the colours of the rainbow. It oscillates between delicious coolness, warm but intense wood tones and balsamic rose. Compared to many other comments and statements, I don't find him cute at all. Rather sublime, somewhat inaccessible, but nevertheless deeply captivating.

I am trapped and surrendering with joy!

Sparkling ice
I find it extremely difficult to grasp this scent, to grasp it and to describe it even approximately. Just the title alone makes me uneasy. "Iced fire", "fiery ice" and similar contradictory things are buzzing around in my head. But that is exactly what Perles de Lalique is for me - he is cold as ice on the one hand, but also hot as hell.

From the very first spraying, this scent was strangely familiar to me. I never tested it before, because I would have remembered the beautiful iced glass bottle. Besides, I don't know anybody from my environment who wears it or has ever worn it. Yet there was this familiarity, the feeling of having arrived and being at home.

I don't perceive any pepper at all. Rose and Iris, which are listed in the pyramid, I could not identify. The pearls start floral-powdery, but not with iris as in other fragrances. Here the powder note is also completely different. No innocent baby powder, but also no body powder and no smell of make-up or make-up in the broadest sense. Herbs also play a role, but what are they? I have no idea. Because as soon as I try to get to the bottom of a component, it disappears. Maybe it's the SHU Somehow the scent plays cat and mouse with me.

You may all think I'm completely crazy now, but when I wear PdL I have to think of iced bommerlunder. Maybe because it is drunk out of iced glasses? But I can't make out caraway seeds and then I think of juniper brandy. Is that herb I smell juniper? And no, I'm really not a boozer, and I'd rather stay away from the high-proofs
Perles de Lalique has only recently moved in with me, but I have worn it so often and it seems to be made for me. It creates distance where it is necessary and on the other hand gives me a feeling of security. A fragrance that warms me, but also cools me down and creates a healthy balance. Hot and cold, fire and ice, yin and yang. This could be my signature fragrance, because it combines everything I want and probably need.

Thank you dear Schoork for this wonderful fragrance recommendation, because I would probably not have found this fragrance alone.
EsterEverest
Like a cool walk in the woods
I got to know the scent quite by chance during a visit to a thermal bath. Just as I was on my way out, completely relaxed and grounded, the relief of the friendly cashier entered the foyer and took off her jacket. And that's when it hit me in passing. A breath of winter, cold, forest, meadows, moss and rain. Completely carried away I stopped and let the impression work. Seldom had I noticed such an extraordinary scent on another person. The question about the scent was quickly asked and in joyful anticipation of finding this perfume I marched resolutely to the local perfumery a few days later.
It is a very wonderful place, the walls are decorated with rich wooden ornaments and panels and radiate the feeling of unshakability.
At the wooden roundel in the middle I also found very quickly a lady who looked as if she was the queen of this small kingdom. Tall, elegant and obviously extremely knowledgeable in her field.
So I asked her about the incomparable scent I had only encountered a few days before. Knowingly she smiled and led me to a single wooden shelf, in which the rather simple flacons of the brand Lalique had gathered.
With an almost solemn expression on her face she sprayed a splash on my wrist.
Quite different from what I expected. A flowery, powdery-sweet fragrance began to envelop me. Pleased to meet you. But miles away from the forest echo that had grabbed my attention. Interpreting my look correctly, the elegant lady only said: "Wait and see. They smell best on them again in an hour or two. Then they'll know if it's her scent. Which is something very special. Not everyone can carry it. "
Then she looks at me critically "But maybe you do. You just wait and see... The smell finds you."
A little confused, I left the shop. Again and again my wrist wandered to my nose, but the sweet one seemed not to want to give way and a little disappointment wanted to spread.
Then, actually two hours later, something happened to the scent. The spicy, woody note, which I had previously only perceived very hidden in the background, suddenly seemed to take over the helm and put everything into a new context. Suddenly the scent clicked together and everything fitted.
Bought it shortly after and meanwhile I am on the third bottle.
Although I appreciate this fragrance especially on warm days, it brings me back the cool freshness of winter and the wet forest floor.
I can warmly recommend this fragrance, but the elegant lady from the perfume shop is right... it finds a... and maybe, if it fits, it'll be a love for life. Anyway, it's hard to flirt with that scent... He wants a whole. He got me
Unusually beautiful
PdL recently moved in with me.
A blind purchase... again but this smell irritated me so much so I just did it.
Some describe him as a powdery flatterer with a cool rose aura.
The others call him very peppery with masculine elements if not too masculine. Everything that I do not really like and yet I had to have him.
Just before he arrived, I was sure this fragrance would not be for me.

Then the big day: sprayed on and ohhhh what is that?
A soapy and at the same time airy freshness spreads. Like freshly washed laundry. I smell citric echoes. Masculine? Somehow yes and somehow no.
After a few minutes it gets a little sweeter and very powdery and woody.
Still I perceive the soap but so incredibly beautifully merged with the other elements, so it's not at all
seems strict.
I can guess Rose but not superficially.
Also the pepper stays in my background.
After approx. 20 minutes it is soft, woody, powdery, fresh and tart and incredibly warm at the same time.
Patchouli gives him that certain something but so nice and discreet that you can only guess at him.

Shelf life absolutely ok. I noticed him well yesterday (a splash on the back of my hand) for 6 hours and the radiance is just as beautiful. In the beginning, he almost knocks me over with a little spray.

With PdL I became really happy.
I never thought I'd like it that much.

For those who prefer flowery sweet and even vanilla, this will be nothing. Perles is exactly the opposite.
I could say that now but I am the best example that it could be :)

And yes man can wear it too and still it is incredibly feminine for me.
It depends on the carrier and what he makes of it.

Perles I love you :)
Abgeklebt
if only there were no powderiness ..
According to the descriptions I had expected a clinking, cool ice queen scent, which brings a nice unpredictability thanks to ISO. I am a big ISO fan and was very disappointed when the first sprayer wrapped me in an almost unbearably powdery sweetness. Probably owed it to the iris? After a few hours my unbearable powderiness fades away and finally the shimmering, ringing qualities come to light. Rose and patchouli alternate, unite and float flickering around, glistening and pure, seductive and unapproachable. That's what you wished for! Unfortunately also the powder comes out again and again, which is why I will probably not become friends with the smell unfortunately.
Glass bead game
Wow, he's hot! I had been looking forward to a flowery-spicy fragrance, with iris and lots of Bulgarian rose and beautiful earthy patchouli. But I didn't expect this sharpness that this perfume greets me with. But I like surprises and I am curious what this EdP will offer me. The peppery beginning of our acquaintance is quite unusual and promising.

In my search for a fragrance for the autumn, in which rose and patchouli should play a major role, a perfumer Perles de Lalique recommended me - a perfume that in her opinion was criminally underestimated.

My curiosity was aroused. It just happened to be some women's day or something. And 100 ml Perles de Lalique to have a file € 29,19. Including € 4,99 postage. Now or never? Now. Now. At this price you can also risk a blind purchase.

The white wrapper's got something. And only the iced glass bottle with the pearl cords on the four edges. This looks stylish, noble, modern, unusual and refined. A successful synthesis of simplicity and elegance. You can already guess what awaits you.

I'm not waiting for the right time to open a scent I bought. That's got to be now. Who knows what tomorrow will be. So down with the cellophane and tested.

The unexpected peppery sharpness has only cleared the way - like these Hell's Angels, who in Falco Superstar Amadeus's music video "Amadeus" protect Amadeus from his fans who seek too much closeness.
Instead of Amadeus, Amadeus, however, a velvety beauty appears: a fully flowered, deep dark red Bulgarian rose. Yes, a rose. This is not a lovely, tender rose, but a proud rose - noble and a little melancholic.

The perfumista warned me. You have to like Iso E Super to love Perles de Lalique. No problem. No problem. It is not my first Iso E Super, Rosa Rossa von Guerlain is also in my collection and is by no means a wallflower there. I like to wear the pleasing rose scent very much.
But Perles de Lalique is already another caliber. He doesn't make it that easy to like him. He's not an Everybody's Darling. He doesn't want to be. It's not easy to get to know him. But that's what makes him so interesting and attractive. It is not an "Aha, pear, apple, lemongrass" scent that can be identified immediately and then classified satisfied. Mission accomplished! It is idiosyncratic, sophisticated, somehow abstract and therefore not tangible. He's got something dazzling, transparent, ethereal. These are all attributes that you wouldn't associate with an autumn fragrance. At least I think of precious woods, earthy notes and heavy sweetness. Just at Patchouli, Cashmeran and Rose.
But who even says that pearls are a fragrance for autumn? I do. Because this mixture is - at all with its initial sharpness - much too tart and strong for a summer or even spring scent. And for the winter it can be a little sweeter because of me gladly.

I would call les Perles the air sign among fragrances - a mercury, mobile, iridescent, iridescent. So distant and almost nonsensical one rarely experiences a rose. This is probably due to the fact that the fragrance looks quite cool and dry overall, but for me it is not a fresh fragrance. Only late, when rose, iris and patchouli combine with cashmeran, does the fragrance become softer, sweeter, more sensual and warmer, more conciliatory, so to speak.

If Perles de Lalique were a human being, he would be intellectual, complicated, elitist, perhaps even eccentric. I'd like him. Even if he is sometimes exhausting and gives up puzzles. One thing Perles de Lalique is certainly not: boring.

What fascinates me about this fragrance is that I never feel it the same. Sometimes it reminds me of dried flowers, then I feel again a fragile aloofness and sensibility that makes me think of ice or glass figures.

He wouldn't be my first choice for business appointments. In addition, it radiates too little security and resistance. Privately I find him attractive, because he is changeable and remains exciting. I could imagine that he interacts with the skin of the wearer and behaves like the gemstones so popular some time ago, which indicate the respective state of mind by changing their color.

For me, Lalique is a women's fragrance - not because he's a bit moody, men are, too, but because he seems to me to strengthen qualities that are - perhaps wrongly - attributed more to women. He is seductive, but does not like to commit himself and has his secrets. And he surprises because he always seems different. This makes it difficult to assign concrete associations to him. Maybe he's also reinforcing his own mood. Then the rose is sometimes dark and a little sad - but always elegant, discreet and noble, even if somehow distanced.

What seems extraordinary to me is that I often hardly notice the scent while wearing it, while others still notice it. But this should be typical for Iso E Super.

Perles de Lalique is certainly not mainstream, but rather a very special and for many people perhaps a minority programme that needs getting used to and that you have to like. I like it. Maybe because it's so unfathomable.

Anyone who finds glass bead games attractive will soon be best friend with this exciting fragrance.
It's definitely worth getting to know him.
However, I would wish for a longer shelf life. But maybe it lasts longer with others.

With Patchouli N' Roses by Reminiscence and Perles de Lalique by Lalique I have now found two different, excellent autumn scents that will accompany me safely into the winter.
Synthetic Magic
I'm a self-confessed ISO junkie now. I have the Lehmann variation "MOL intens", pure ISO thinned down to EdP strength, and these are my olfactory rescue drops.

If nothing works, if I absolutely don't know how I should smell, if I don't necessarily want to smell, but just want to smell good (meetings, plane), if I still can't decide, while some floors below the last subway rolls in, which could bring me to an appointment in time, in short, in acute perfume panic, I reach for MOL - a spray is enough and I'm back on the track, the smell focuses me, he norded me, everything will be fine.

ISO is a molecule that doesn't even act as if it smells like something specific. It is a fragrance without a role model in nature and it has extremely wonderful properties. It is apparently difficult for some to smell, can - in strong dilution - make fragrances more floating and transparent, does not change while wearing, has - at least on paper and clothing - an outstanding durability. On the surface it smells slightly mineral and of warm dry wood and light incense, but that's not it, it's it: There is something unheard of, something unexpected, something completely new: ISO silver plates the air, vibrates softly, rings like silver bells, fragrant fairy dust, in short: synthetic magic.

And now I stumble across the pearls...

80 % ISO is contained in the pearls, at least! someone rejoices further down that the scent can't commit itself, many write, this uncertain, vague, incomprehensible, noncommittal floating, therefore ISO-typical is often sung about or mourned and one of my favourite commentators hymns.

I MUST test the scent...

... which at first turned out to be unexpectedly difficult, because: Fragrances of Lalique are searched in vain at the usual sources. Douglas, Müller, the usual department store perfume departments, nobody's running Lalique.

Unfortunately, every now and then I lack the mental strength for a ramble through the meanwhile rather niche-oriented temple columns of the house of Oberpollinger, where woman (in the case of me, clearly older and let's call it: Unhappily proportioned) sees herself exposed to a superiority of highly perfected influencer clones (dream lips, 2-meter eyelashes, perfect make-up, phenotype Southern Europe / Asia Minor, each finger as long as my forearm - where did these girls only get these limbs from???).
But the weekend before last I was in a good mood and sufficiently armed and searched and found the Lalique-Counter, where I could spray a sufficient amount of "les Perles" on a paper strip and later on my arm and each of my ISO-addicted cells screamed: "DAS! WILL! I AM! GOT IT!!! NOW!!!".

The soft woody ISO note with its specific shimmer is immediately there - it is and remains the never changing general tone to which all other fragrance colours match and classify themselves. The pepper, usually slightly quarrelsome and rebellious, makes a servant very well-behaved and immediately clears the stage for a rather cool and discreet rose. This fluffy fragrant rose and the transparent ISO are a weightlessly floating dream couple, made for each other. For a while they dance around each other, sometimes I smell rose, sometimes only ISO, typical also for the further process: Again and again I don't smell the one, the other already, long ago disappeared believed appears again, that is exciting and also not every day the same. While yesterday the Patchouly, dry and with a pronounced Indian shop character, seemed to clearly dominate the heart note, today I smell little of it, but all the more of the dry warm and delicate sweet base note of Cashmeran, also such a synthetic magician.

Knowing how strong the external effect of ISO is even when you think you haven't noticed it for hours, I resist the temptation to spray the scent all too often.

That's a good thing: Although I used "les Perles" yesterday morning and then didn't spray it during the day and although I would have sworn in the afternoon that I had been completely unscented for some time, my husband didn't greet me in the evening with any loving words, but with "Oh, ISO!".

My Immergeher
Perles was a real blind buy. I had to strike on the basis of the pyramid and the favourable price. And what can I say? He's become an absolute favorite of mine.

The first sprayer made me shy away a little. Medically somehow... but I was prepared for that on the basis of the comments. I want to anticipate that: Meanwhile I can fully enjoy this prelude. After about three minutes he (now unfortunately) disappeared and a wonderful peppery rose scent remains. Woody and unsweet. Like a cool breeze in the morning.

Certain occasions are not necessary for him. He goes anywhere, anytime. It's the fragrance I get the most compliments on. It was bought in total 6 times in my circle of friends. That didn't happen to me with any scent.

Thank God I'm one of those people who can strongly perceive Iso-E-Super. I am completely addicted to this fragrance and have a little sympathy for those who can't smell it.

Durability and Sillage are also phenomenal. Even more... times less. That's what makes this fragrance so exciting for me
A phenomenon!
Now I have to get hynical, maybe even a little pathetic. It's not my way usually. So maybe I'll try to describe what I smell when I wear "Perles" first.

The fragrance begins very fresh and almost impetuous with the note that some describe as medicinal. I find the prelude very pleasant. It has an ethereal note, which for me, however, does not arouse any association with cold remedies, but reminds me of a morning walk through a eucalyptus forest. One simply has the feeling of being able to breathe deeply and freely.

I must perhaps say in advance that in my perception the fragrance has no classical course, but that all the notes flash up again and again, just as the fragrance as a whole appears stronger and weaker and this over many hours, because the shelf life is quite good. In one of the previous comments, this phenomenon was described as "meandering". I really liked this expression in this context.

What else do I smell? Rose pepperwood. In varying proportions. More rose, more pepper, less wood. Iris, patchouli and other notes that could identify finer noses I can't tell. However, the initial freshness flashes through again and again until the end and can even be sniffed at the clothes the next day.

Why is this fragrance a phenomenon? Because I can't imagine that at any point he might not fit in or bother anyone. I once blasphemed somewhere about the attribute "Immergeher" and don't want to use the term here either. "Perles" doesn't always work, it always fits.

At minus 10 degrees as at 35 degrees, at any time of year, in any weather and at any temperature. To jeans and T-shirt like to the black velvet dress. Morning, noon, evening, night. To the opera, to work, to housework, to dates, to interviews, to sports. For weddings and funerals. How does he do that?
"For me, "Perles" also suits every age and is definitely an interesting option for men, too. However, those who are decidedly into floral-sweet fragrances will not get their money's worth. A certain weakness for clear, rather cool and a little more distanced fragrances should be brought along, but then "Perles" is worth a test in any case.

by Glosoli
by Chanelle
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Lalique

Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique