Rêve d'Infini 2016

Rêve d'Infini by Lalique
Rêve d'Infini is a perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Richard Ibanez

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lychee, White rose absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Peach, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.09.2020.

Sleepy sleep ...
... perhaps also dream - and what dreams may come in sleep, if we shake off the urge of Ir`dschen - that forces us to stand still `n...

I love Hamlet and his monologue in which he thinks about being and not being.

Dreams are infinite, boundless - they let us slip away from reality, but also hold the danger of losing oneself in them.

I, as a recognized dreamer, like to take that risk.

Reve d`infinity takes me with a sweet, light flower hand into a pastel-coloured different world.
White rose arches bloom, yellow freesias shine mildly like the morning sun and ripe peaches hang heavily on the branches.
A dream garden - floating - up to the blurred horizon.

A soft vanilla wind blows - and carries shiny swallows into the sky blue.

I'm humming Herman van Veen:

I have a tender feeling, for those who dare to dream - who, when their dream meets the truth, can still laugh ... even if too loud...

Bergamot Lychee Lotion
I'm not sure what to think of this one. The marketing adverts seem to be geared toward younger women, but that is not the vibe I am getting from this perfume. It was released in 2016, but my batch code says it was produced in July of 2015.

The sprayer on the bottle smells of the lychee; it is quite sweet and fruity. The initial spray isn't as sweet as just sniffing the bottle because the bergamot is very present and bergamot is not a sweet-smelling citrus to me. I have no idea what "white rose absolute" smells like, but there is a subtle rose scent to this perfume during the first hour or so. The heart notes are blended very well and create a light, flowery accord after the fruits die down. Peach does not perform well on me, but this one is okay; there is not much peach here, thankfully.

Eventually, the base notes move to the front, and this is where this perfume loses me. I've smelled vanilla-musk-sandalwood before in a thousand perfumes; these are very standard base notes. We all know them! Here, they devolve into a creamy, "lotion-y" smell. That is not bad, in and of itself, but this has some strange slightly nutty tone that throws me off. I hate to say this y'all, but it smells like an old-fashioned cream that a grandmother would wear. A very fashionable grandmother, who loves her cosmetics and lotions and perfumes, but a grandmother nonetheless. I don't hate it, but it's also not what I want to smell like. This sensation is only present in the base notes, but unfortunately, the base notes stick around for a long time--hours, in fact. I did not scrub this off, but I am at a loss to how these three very common base notes could do this?! Perhaps it's the freesia? Or the cedarwood? I have no idea, but this is not a love, and I will probably seldom pick it to wear. Maybe I'll put it in storage for 20 years until I'm "of the age."

The sillage is strong for the first hour or two, and then it tones down. Longevity is about 4 hours. The bottle is attractive with its shape and rose-gold accents. It's Lalique, and they do their bottles extremely well. It is clearly marketed to young women, and the top notes will reinforce that, but I do not think most young women will enjoy the drydown. The sprayer is more a targeted, short blast than the diffuse mist from the Satine bottle (which I love).

I received this perfume free from a friend. She is an assistant to an elderly lady who is currently in transition to a nursing home and is unable to take all of her perfumes with her. That saddens me for her, but I am grateful for the chance to have unknown-to-me gems fall into my lap. It is every perfumista's dream! Thank you, friend. You know who you are.

Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
Great top/heart notes; lackluster base notes create an old-fashioned lotion-y smell that confuses my nose after the wonderful opening.

by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique