Rêve d'Infini 2016

Rêve d'Infini by Lalique
Rêve d'Infini is a perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Richard Ibanez

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lychee, White rose absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Peach, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.05.2021.

Sniffsniff
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
As luck would have it, a small sample from the house of Lalique rolled towards me when I opened today's fragrance envelope. Rêve d'Infini. Ouch. If the noun is indeed the omen, then nothing less than the dream of the infinite should manifest itself on my nasal mucosa as soon as I release the fragrance from its capsule. What I think of such lofty naming concepts, I have already worked through in detail elsewhere. Therefore here only fragmentarily: Who pokers high, can fall deep.
And so it is then unfortunately also. It has dreamed itself out. And the awakening is quite nasty. If infinity smells like Lalique's Aurelia-Eleonore of the fragrance world on my forearm, then I wish for a quick end. As short and painless as possible.
It's not really my style to review fragrances I don't like. And actually I always leave myself some time to let at least a tender familiarity flourish from the first acquaintance. But today I feel so olfactorically hit with a lathammer that I need to channel my trauma into writing therapy.
I smell artificial watery melon gum. Calone? By the bucketful! Plus lots and lots of musk of the nastiest kind. Penny musk. Cheap and synthetic. And this nasty duo is flanked by nondescript fruit and floral notes and a brain-busting sweetness reminiscent of a Natreen bottle cracked on the kitchen tiles. I can't remember having had a similarly unappealing scent under my nose since testing the horrid glamfume fuzz in the black bottle.
Rêve d'Infini just presents itself as flat, artificial, and incredibly cheap. This is already very reminiscent of the weaker representatives of the drugstore segment. And then it is aggravated by the fact that he triggers a very sensitive point with me: everything about this fragrance seems put on, fake, posed. Spasmodically good-humored. Always nice and fresh and neat. We're in a good mood today. We're beaming with the sun. Up to both ears. This summery lightness. Suuupi. Bye. More plastic fruit? Oh, yeah, great, I love plastic fruit. It makes us feel so carefree ...

So, I need to find a sink now to get rid of the smell. Dark clouds of headache are gathering over my temples. And on the subject of eternity is also said everything
Après un rêve
I wake up from a dream, a dream that was so beautiful that I don't want to let it go.
So while waking, my eyes still remain closed: not too fast; just don't wake up too quickly.
But then I open my eyes slowly and look straight into your grey starry eyes!
Starry eyes in which I am sinking into infinity!
Starry eyes, at the bottom of which I can see myself - small, very small!
Sunk, infinitely small in Your starry eyes!

"Rêve d'Infini", the dream of the infinite, was captured by Lalique in the enchanting flacon: infinitely sensual; infinitely radiant; infinitely feminine - eternally feminine!
The ingredients to this potion of infinity, infinite love and trust are not exotic mysterious plants.
It is fruits, flowers and woods that we all know: Dreams for You and Me!

Bergamot and sweet whitish lychees with a bit of bite and their aromatic syrup greet the sovereign being: white rose absolute.
She is delighted by the friendly yellow and intense scent of freesias; they radiate back and immediately smell a little more cheerful.
They are already looking forward to the thick white flower heads of the jasmine; its golden faces also reflect the joy of being reunited.
And how lovingly the sun-ripened peach is embraced, taking center stage for a moment.
The result is a swirl of fragrance that sings softly as it winds around the slender silver trunk of the cedar, absorbing the powerful spice.
White and bright fragrance yellow from fruits and flowers unite with the silky silver of the cedar....
A watercolor of lilting, dancing lines and planes still searches for the dabs of scent that can make it special.
These can be found in soft warm waves of vanilla and musk:
Were before the senses not yet awake - now they are!
And sandalwood oil puts here and there still a droplet to it; just in the right place!

Alluringly feminine, a woman's dream of the infinite was born here at the Lalique company.
And since it will remain only a dream, must be re-sprayed again and again; the awakening would otherwise scratch with small pointed fingers on this pink flacon - just as bored cats try their claws.

A delicate pink round flacon that I hate to let go of, nestles softly and snugly in my hand. When I remove the stopper, the scent of the infinite floats away - it floats away my dream; my eternal dream!

"Après un Rêve": I awake and am, sensually scented, in search of my dream!
My dream of infinity and I suddenly know, "Rêve d'Infini" is not infinite.

"In the sleep that enchanted your likeness,
i dream of happiness, an illusion full of passion.
Your eyes were tender, your voice bright and sonorous.
You shone like the sky in the morning light.
You called me and I left this earth,
to slip away with you to the light;
the heavens prepared for us a path through the clouds.
Unknown splendor, divine gleam divined ...
Alas, alas, sad awakening from dreams!
I call thee, O night, give me back thy pretences;
come back, come back radiant,
come back, mysterious night!"

Wrapped confidently in "Rêve d'Infini," in its loving spell, its tenderness, and its warmth, I awake one day from my dream.
Your starry eyes, so captivating, look at me; you smile tenderly and I drown in the infinity of your gaze - "Après un Rêve d'Infini"!

... my tears taste salty
Sleepy sleep ...
... perhaps also dream - and what dreams may come in sleep, if we shake off the urge of Ir`dschen - that forces us to stand still `n...

I love Hamlet and his monologue in which he thinks about being and not being.

Dreams are infinite, boundless - they let us slip away from reality, but also hold the danger of losing oneself in them.

I, as a recognized dreamer, like to take that risk.

Reve d`infinity takes me with a sweet, light flower hand into a pastel-coloured different world.
White rose arches bloom, yellow freesias shine mildly like the morning sun and ripe peaches hang heavily on the branches.
A dream garden - floating - up to the blurred horizon.

A soft vanilla wind blows - and carries shiny swallows into the sky blue.

I'm humming Herman van Veen:

I have a tender feeling, for those who dare to dream - who, when their dream meets the truth, can still laugh ... even if too loud...

Bergamot Lychee Lotion
I'm not sure what to think of this one. The marketing adverts seem to be geared toward younger women, but that is not the vibe I am getting from this perfume. It was released in 2016, but my batch code says it was produced in July of 2015.

The sprayer on the bottle smells of the lychee; it is quite sweet and fruity. The initial spray isn't as sweet as just sniffing the bottle because the bergamot is very present and bergamot is not a sweet-smelling citrus to me. I have no idea what "white rose absolute" smells like, but there is a subtle rose scent to this perfume during the first hour or so. The heart notes are blended very well and create a light, flowery accord after the fruits die down. Peach does not perform well on me, but this one is okay; there is not much peach here, thankfully.

Eventually, the base notes move to the front, and this is where this perfume loses me. I've smelled vanilla-musk-sandalwood before in a thousand perfumes; these are very standard base notes. We all know them! Here, they devolve into a creamy, "lotion-y" smell. That is not bad, in and of itself, but this has some strange slightly nutty tone that throws me off. I hate to say this y'all, but it smells like an old-fashioned cream that a grandmother would wear. A very fashionable grandmother, who loves her cosmetics and lotions and perfumes, but a grandmother nonetheless. I don't hate it, but it's also not what I want to smell like. This sensation is only present in the base notes, but unfortunately, the base notes stick around for a long time--hours, in fact. I did not scrub this off, but I am at a loss to how these three very common base notes could do this?! Perhaps it's the freesia? Or the cedarwood? I have no idea, but this is not a love, and I will probably seldom pick it to wear. Maybe I'll put it in storage for 20 years until I'm "of the age."

The sillage is strong for the first hour or two, and then it tones down. Longevity is about 4 hours. The bottle is attractive with its shape and rose-gold accents. It's Lalique, and they do their bottles extremely well. It is clearly marketed to young women, and the top notes will reinforce that, but I do not think most young women will enjoy the drydown. The sprayer is more a targeted, short blast than the diffuse mist from the Satine bottle (which I love).

I received this perfume free from a friend. She is an assistant to an elderly lady who is currently in transition to a nursing home and is unable to take all of her perfumes with her. That saddens me for her, but I am grateful for the chance to have unknown-to-me gems fall into my lap. It is every perfumista's dream! Thank you, friend. You know who you are.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Great top/heart notes; lackluster base notes create an old-fashioned lotion-y smell that confuses my nose after the wonderful opening.

by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique