Satine 2012 Eau de Parfum

Satine (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique
Satine (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lalique for women and was released in 2012. The scent is powdery-sweet. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Nathalie Lorson

Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
SuedeSuede
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.10.2021.

Karma
I have a karmic relationship with this perfume. I love it so much! I like everything! Its scent, the bottle ....
A wonderful vanilla that becomes one with my body.
Tonka complements it. Perfume for every day, that you never get bored. Fortunately for me that is still on the market, and at a very good price.
A YEAR OF LOVE❣️
Melaniemel
Into each other and with each other..
In my entire life, I have never dared sooo many blind scent purchases as I did during Corona time. To buy a perfume without sniffing it first? Impossible for me in the past. Powdery? Floral? Yes all well and good but that's why I still don't know what it smells like. Phew... What the hell... Ordered. When Satin arrived, I stumbled over its elegant bottle. Wow, very well done... Then the first spray and yes, I was really excited! The spray is already an experience! No kidding! Totally fine and valuable. Now for the scent. A relief spreads. First thought :mei, smells the guuuuuuuut!!!! Nothing at all jumps out at me in a negative way. Everything smells round, feminine, elegant, a touch nostalgic (no, not stale!!) floral and simply elegant. I can usually identify and describe individual notes in a fragrance just fine. I have a really really hard time doing that here. It's all very well intertwined and interwoven. A fragrance that really always goes. It smells neat, feminine and simply likeable. If I had to explain to a person who has never smelled a perfume in his life, how such a perfume smells in general, then I would probably spray him Satine by Lalique on the wrist
Parisian Nude Ice Cream
A few years ago, during a trip to Paris for his birthday, I gave my boyfriend tickets to a burlesque show at the "Crazy Horse" club; I had always wanted to see such a show
and was hoping for Parisian glamour vibes.
Moulin Rouge was described in many reviews as not so great and unsexy, but backward; forced animals in the shows and such, so it became the Crazy Horse.
Anyway, we kind of liked the show, the cute girls hopping around the stage with a mix of playful naivety and slightly wicked innuendo with pretty sets and revealing costumes.
Around us, many young couples; young women who patted their husbands' shoulders during the show in a patronizingly benevolent manner: "You can find it cool, it's all good! And I'm a very chilled out, cool and NOT jealous woman!", as were single older Asians.
Champagne chilled in tubs on all the tables, dim lights, a cleaned out dandy as "emcee" at the beginning of the show.
Anyway, after the show, my friend said in a daze, "I smelled them! Full blast!"
I knew what he meant too; their body glitter cream or whatever they had put on there.
That's what "Satine" smells like to me, except that the half-naked ladies had a little more vanilla going on.
So then times closer to the perfume:

I was recommended "Satine" as a very powdery fragrance, so far so good.
It starts out peppery and sweetly floral, quite quickly it also powders a bit.
Intimate, gentle and yet playful, directly wicked or sexy actually not, even if the fragrance would like to seem so.
So, as if the burlesque dancers were actually educators or midwives in the main job. Or very dear florists.
For me resonates there something diffuse sugary fruity, although not specified, which makes the perfume for me in this context somehow somewhat banal.
In the further course very fine powdery, sparkling and delicate, somehow with a tangy, tingly effervescent sweetness like raspberry cotton candy, but too little refined (no vanilla sweetness, which I quite like, but simply sugary sweet as you know it from artificial berry notes).
Personally, I would have liked more woodiness, something earthy, something that would give it more depth.
I could imagine the scent being a man magnet, but I find it too arbitrary, too familiar, it wouldn't appeal to me to spray it on, even though I like sweet-powdery scents.
Not bad, can be worn without feeling uneasy, but I had perhaps other expectations.
Powdery silk
This fragrance fascinates me...a wonderful perfume.

Delicately sweet and elegant, it lays like a gentle veil on my skin, like powdery silk. Again and again I spray throughout the day...First I wear it on my inner wrists, right and left on my neck, on my shoulders, in the back of my knees, on my back. Today, I am addicted to this perfume. Even my scarf reaches a gentle spray. This scent is not penetratingly sexy, but delicate, even tenderly powdery, soft, feminine, sensual..intense but not overbearing. This is how I want to smell today, all day. Again and again I sniff my wrist.

It has a wonderful pleasant sweetness, at the beginning it has something that reminds me minimally of pencil. But it doesn't bother, on the contrary. Slightly sweet-balsamic-spicy and quite delicately almondy (though no almond is listed) it seems at first. Every ingredient listed is gently added and has a calming effect.
It remains almost linear, which I think is beautiful.

It lasts very well on clothes, on skin it becomes more quickly reserved. Even tonight before sleeping, one last spray lays on my skin...felt like I was in silky bedding, caressed to sleep by the scent.

....Yes, that's how I want it today....
Jessica86
the first spray is deceiving...
...so it was at least me. At the first test on the arm I thought "Ui...a very strange, old fragrance like from the 80s". Until my husband later said: "Wow that smells quite nice". The next day, I sprayed it on myself liberally hoping it wouldn't give me a headache and tadaaaa: I'm convinced! A beautiful skin-like scent, quite cuddly, soft and cuddly. The fragrance can definitely be worn during the day and also in the evening well; maybe not exactly to dance, but with a movie at home on the couch!
Real satin is softer
Stones really has a strong silage, which is not pleasant for everyone. The fragrance is in my opinion but not so powdery, he has rather what oriental in itself. When I first sprayed it on, it immediately reminded me of a scent I was familiar with. I went to my collection, reached for Zara Femme and.... Bingo! I think the fragrances smell seeeeevery similar, with Satin evolving even more over time and becoming softer on the finish. I would have imagined something even more delicate and soft under the name Satine though.
Gently wrapped...
Now the fragrance has moved in. I had thought about it for a long time, but you usually have several candidates. And I admit, Satine was never in the first place.
For several years, her sister, Le Parfum, was my signature fragrance. I had also never thought that it will be different one day, but well... that's another topic.
Parfums of Lalique I find almost always great and now she is so finally moved in....was a blindbuy on the basis of the fragrance pyramid and since I have made so far almost only good experiences with fragrances of Lalique, I had also this time already a good feeling.

The flacon I find honestly not pretty at all, the angular of Lalique are more my thing. But it should be about the content.

As soon as Satine is sprayed on I perceive heliotrope and tonka bean. Very delicate and finely tuned. As if through a veil, the fragrance carefully penetrates to me.
I have rarely found a perfume so gentle and pleasant. It does not scream, it does not dump an alcohol smell over me. Satine comes and embraces me gently.
It feels warm and powdery, I relax instantly.
None of my powders smell this nice, by the way, whether drugstore or high end....so I'd like one, though.

I do not perceive a large scent progression at all....fortunately. It feels just fine the way it is.
Pepper comes out, very fine....a very mild pepper, does not prick the nose at all and suede is still perceptible to me. Very little sandalwood....Satine is close to the body, not for a grand entrance. Durability is at 5-6 hours.

When do I wear the perfume? Or why? Well, I want to smell good with perfume of course but I find just this perfume I wear when I do not care about others....ich wear it for me. Yes, now you say I do that with every other perfume too...but I think this one is different. What do I want with Satine?
When I wear Satine, then I am with me....all the rest does not matter. I'm sure I'm a better version of myself with her.
If Satine were a lipstick, then she would be a so-called MLBB lipstick (my lips but better). Yep....that's it!

Favea
Satine - a name that could hardly be more appropriate
This beautiful fragrance also ended up with me during my souk forays. Lalique is known to me manufacturer of beautiful bottles and noble, elegant fragrances. And the price here was really a nice offer,
So now to Satine - a beautiful pleated bottle in satin glass, nude liquid and black emblem. And here, the visuals are indeed a taste of the fragrance experience.
At the first spray with its aromas coming towards me, the following image came before my eyes: a timelessly elegant and flirtatious burlesque dancer, in a nude-colored, heavy satin corset, which is tightly laced on waist. She is wearing long black satin gloves and a narrow black leather collar that accentuates her neck. In her hand she holds a vintage powder puff to mattify her face a bit. This is the image I have in mind when I smell this fragrance - this is what timeless vintage elegance smells like.
At the beginning matte, flowing powder smell of helitrope and tonka. The tonka bean remains and intensifies with vanilla, sandalwood and well-dosed patchouli. The whole flirtatiously garnished with pink pepper, cedar and very little leather. The scent on me is warm, flowing, powdery like heavy nude satin. Kind of sweet - but elegant and always with style.
I like him very much - I associate with him vintageerotik.
He holds with me 6 hours and the sillage is perceptible but not intrusive.
A beautiful noble fragrance, for self-confident women who seduce unobtrusively - so I perceive him.
LucyLu
On days like this twice a day Satine
I think we all know that So much is happening in our lives and in this world Despite everything, we always try to stay positive and make the best of everything.

But there are also days when we find this particularly difficult and feel vulnerable and helpless.
That's the kind of day I have today Then I look for comfort, security and protection in one fragrance and find it again and again in Satine.

At the beginning warm tonka bean hugs me and Heliotrope says quietly hello.
Gardenia brings lightness like a fresh morning and Jasmine whispers...Hey...I'm making your day a little sweeter. But not too sweet...whispers the pink pepper..because I bring a little bit of looseness Soft sandalwood and soft vanilla join in and I already feel much more comfortable.
A little bit more fine patch as a balm for the soul and vetiver for the grounding.

Satine has done it again.
I feel comforted, safe, protected, gently embraced and grounded again.

Again with a little smile on the face everything is much easier again.

I hope each of you has a soul warmer Take good care of yourself!!!!
Nights in white satin
Today my eyes got caught in the noble Satine bottle - and my nose followed my eyes.

I hadn't heard such fine powderiness in a long time.

However, the powder does not dull the fragrance, but makes the soft satin shine.

Delicate sweetness is skillfully paired with mild astringency - but the fragrance remains soft and cuddly.

Heliotrope shimmers like silk and is irradiated again by the jasmine.

Pepper and vanilla appear mildly sweet - but the cedar adds smokiness.
The patch is deep and sandal slightly spicy.

A balanced fragrance that conveys style and noblesse.

I think of Moody Blues : Nights in White Satin - where Satine seems to me rather nude - because white.

But " Nights " are more in my mind than " Days ", because Satine lets silk lingerie rustling quietly with discreet eroticism.

A feminine fragrance that celebrates femininity.

ChimidoroChimidoro 4 years ago
Water down Kenzo Amour, add bubblegum, whipped cream and a tidgy smidgen of CK Obsession. But don't get me wrong - Satine is fab.
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Soft and whispering. Powdery and slightly sweet. Creamy and dreamy and perfectly beautiful!

Mandelbaum Blüten wie der Duft selbst **
by Melaniemel
by Gitti
by Gitti

Popular Lalique

Lalique pour Homme Equus (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Encre Noire à L'Extrême by Lalique Ombre Noire by Lalique Encre Noire Sport by Lalique Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888 by Lalique Lalique Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Perles de Lalique by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Lalique White (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Noir Premier - Fleur Universelle 1900 by Lalique Amethyst by Lalique Noir Premier - Terres Aromatiques 1905 by Lalique Noir Premier - Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Zamak by Lalique Lalique (Eau de Parfum) by Lalique Lalique pour Homme Lion (Eau de Toilette) by Lalique Les Compositions Parfumées - Oriental Zinc by Lalique