Lancaster 1987 Eau de Toilette Concentrée

Lancaster (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Lancaster
Lancaster (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) is a popular perfume by Lancaster for women and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense
CivetCivet

Submitted by Kittycat, last update on 24.09.2021.

Lancaster - A classic
With my perfumes it behaves, as with my favorite football club, which belongs to my heart, which is not changed.

In the spring and summer I use for 25 years Acqua di Parma Cologna, Hermes d'Orange Verte or Harry Lehmann's Orange and in autumn & winter for 35 years Lancaster Eau de Toilette Concentree.

Lancaster is one of the very few oriental-heavy fragrances that does not smell vulgar, crude or dirty on me, but elegant, clean and neat.

I first bought it when I was 20, it smelled sensual and mysterious to me, like a big wide world, had that unpretentious bottle, was affordable in price and available at our small town department store.

Every time I put it on and closed my eyes, I saw myself traveling to New York, London, Shanghai and Paris. An elegant lady, with a leather travel bag, cashmere scarf, and travel journal.

That feeling hasn't changed to this day.

For me, a fully perfect perfume, with an excellent price-performance ratio.

"And then you came!"
Warm, sensual and incomparably beguiling, this fantastic fragrance drew me under its spell.
As a high school graduate, I worked in a perfumery during the Christmas holidays.
Samples and miniatures were freely available to us.
There was a proper stocking up and sniffing for all it was worth.

Then came Lancaster!

Never before and never after did a fragrance get under my skin like that. We became one.
For 15 almost 20 years, it was my fragrance, my ever-surrounding identifying mark,
my great love. There were some other beautiful waters, which came in between to use, but Lancaster was my one and everything, undisputed number 1.

Today I still love it very much, but I don't want to wear it anymore.
It reminds me of my youthful Sturm-und Drang time, which is long gone,
Wistfulness spreads.
He stands well guarded in my wardrobe and remains there as a dear friend.
I hold him in honor.

Surprise1908
Second Spring....for me :)
My God, how I loved you. You wonderful special animalic oriental scent that smells like you just got out of the shower at the same time. It's been over 30 years since I fell in love with you. (Am I really that old??:) Everyone, but everyone, has talked to me about you. How well we fit together, what a wonderful vibe I have with you. Everyone wanted to be with us. Everybody wanted to be close to us. We were together for a long time, inseparable for a long time. And then, all of a sudden, there was someone else I wanted to be with. Without a guilty conscience, our time was simply over.
Recently I discovered you again, in the very back of the closet you were waiting for me. Still the same scent. Memories loom before me.....why have I forgotten you?
I spray you on and take you to work, first a quick trip to the bakery.
As soon as I get to the bakery, the question comes: who smells so good here, is that you?
No sooner am I at work, the colleague asks, what is that please for a rattenscharfer fragrance, I wear (colleague could easily be my son).
Everything is just like before with you, we are still a great couple.
Forgive me for my infidelity, it won't happen again.

The Ritual
I think all of us have rituals! I've been doing things over and over again. To repeat something that gives us joy, that makes us happy. To make a thing or an old habit even more beautiful or to celebrate it. Rituals give things permanence and a kind of magic. They decorate a beautiful habit and underline it. A ritual came to make something beautiful even more beautiful. With a ritual a thing can be started or finished. Today I will take you to a very important ritual in my life!

Every year we go to the Canary Islands for two weeks. Always in the same hotel. Every morning I get up at six o'clock on vacation to go swimming. I put on my bathing suit and go to the bathroom to put on my bathrobe. But before I leave the room I spray my bathrobe with a perfume which most pleasantly underlines the ritual that follows. A scent that accompanies me on my way to the salt water pool. The moon is still shining, but the sky is already slightly orange-purple because the sun can already be seen, but still not seen for a long time. I slowly get into the water and swim for a good hour. Without rushing and without hurry. The birds begin in the time gently with its chant. Wonderful! Then I go over to the brine pool to warm up in the almost hot water. The water's so salty it makes you float in it. Afterwards I go after usually fifteen minutes over into the outer Spa area and shower hot. Afterwards I frost off and put on my white and perfumed bathrobe. Then it goes over to my couch which in the meantime has already been finished by one of the pool boys. There I sit mostly in the lotus seat and watch how the light of the rising sun slowly breaks into the crowns of the palm trees and shines over the pool and the air around me mixes with my feel-good fragrance which escapes my bathrobe. I've only ever had two perfumes for this almost meditative ritual. Laguna of Dali or Royal Bain de Caron of Caron. This year there will be a third fragrance to celebrate this ritual with me. Lancaster of Lancaster. Why Lancaster? I'll be happy to tell you!

Lancaster is like a cocoon of purity, protection and sensuality. Orange blossom and various herbs such as thyme, coriander and basil give a touch of freshness and cleanliness. Spicy and tangy floral notes are added by herbaceous rose geranium and a powdery soft tuberose. Lancaster has something of a chypre that gradually changes and transforms into an Oriental. Slowly and steadily warm tones of soft amber are added, decorated with cuddly notes of vanilla. An incredibly soft sandalwood makes Lancaster more and more creamy and cuddly before sinking into a smoky base of protective oak moss and incense.

Conclusion
Lancaster embodies many things for me. For me he embodies shiny brown bodies and sunbaths in warm, spicy sand on a hot day by the sea. But also a spa temple in the men and women in white bathrobes relax in foggy steam saunas and sultry-warm baths. Or let the stress be massaged away in a Hamam with spicy warm oils and fine soaps. Lancaster is a fragrance that connects the sexes. He's neither male nor female to me. Lancaster is like a very groomed,
soft and flattering veil on the skin. He radiates a deep security and peace, but also a deep sensuality. He has something luxurious and very neat in his style. It can be worn in the deepest winter, but also in the warmest summer. Lancaster can do a lot, but what he can always do is make something beautiful even more beautiful. Back then already and still today.

At least for me!

I thank SchatzSucher for the rehearsal and the new rekindling of a forgotten old love!

Sophisticated lady
You look at the simple bottle and you can think of a serum or a product for the face by Lancaster, but it isn't so. This scent is a silent "bomb" realising its power little by little, hour after hour.
Son of the opulent Eighties, it's a masterfully harmonized symphony of flowery, aromatic and oriental notes which keeps anyway its discrete and classy character for a very refined result.
At the opening you smell a spicy-aromatic bouquet giving way after a few minutes to a very femininine and vibrant flowery heart dominated by the tuberose (pleasant and not too intoxicating), the Jasmine and a light mimosa touch. At the base, a wonderful mix of oriental notes: ambergris, civet, Woods and frankincense made smoother and sweeter by the vanilla note, soft and not too sweetish or medicinal.
The sillage is good but not heavy and the result is longlasting. It could be the perfect mid season scent by day as well as by night. Precious and refined but simple like a silk shirt or a string of pearls, it's the perfect scent for a "sophisticated lady",citing the title of the famous jazz ballad by duke Ellington.

LadyRogue
Where were you all my life?
"Lancaster Eau de Concentree" is a very nice surprise! I didn't know what to expect when I came across a Lancaster stand with a small row of these black boxes with Calla lilies on display. The price was very friendly and after looking at the notes online I decided to risk a blind buy.

Hmm! Oriental bliss! At first spray it's amber goodness with a smooth vanilla and a sandalwood infused incense. I am liking it very much...it's reminiscent of a lighter and younger Shalimar but with more white flowers and a herbaceous twist (basil, coriander & lavender) I can discern these notes clearly and find it a very well composed fragrance. The middle stage reveals neroli and in the dry down a lovely jasmine note is added.

It's smooth, soft and very yummy! I can't believe its been around for so long and I have never noticed it! I must go back and buy another bottle, especially since I know now its very hard to find. It's a scent that developed and morphs on your skin, it's interesting and never boring; I can only recommend it.

A must sniff for all oriental fans that would like to have a very smooth, aromatic and sexy beauty. It's not a *light* scent, but if applied with sense you can wear it to all occasions including the office.

Silage is: an oriental aura with herbal goodness -- Longevity is: 80s era true with a 9+ hours in which it becomes a slightly powdery skin scent that also likes to cling to your clothes forever. *YUM*

A Shadow of a Shade
When I was a child, I used to love looking at the negatives of family photographs. Things that were familiar to me took on a different twist, as light was changed to shadow and vice versa. Lancaster Concentrate is the negative to the photograph of Houbigant Chantilly. In the Lancaster, the powder is still present, but the incense, oakmoss and civet are amped up while the vanilla and citrus are played down, while they both whisper that melange of florals. This 1987 creation smells truly vintage and I love it.

RomadyRomady 1 year ago
I am a man and use this fantastic fragrance. It's one of my favorites.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
an evergreen gem from the glorious 80es: rich, perfectly harmonized but discrete too. longlasting but not too heavy. A must have!

by 008Pauline
by Noedde
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Lancaster

Eau de Lancaster by Lancaster Sole di Capri by Lancaster Aquazur by Lancaster Le Parfum Solaire by Lancaster Eau de Soin by Lancaster D'Light by Lancaster Aquasenses by Lancaster Aquasun by Lancaster Selection by Lancaster Sunwater by Lancaster Sunrise by Lancaster Chantage (Eau de Toilette) by Lancaster Summer Splash by Lancaster French Riviera by Lancaster Summer Moods Night by Lancaster Sol da Bahia by Lancaster Eau Fleurie by Lancaster Summer Moods Day by Lancaster Chantage (Parfum) by Lancaster Lancaster (Parfum de Toilette) by Lancaster