Hypnôse (2005) Eau de Parfum

Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme

Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesPassion flower
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 14.09.2019

8.0 6.0 4.0 8.0/10

Hypnosis
My favourite fragrance from Lancome.
I got to know the scent through my girlfriend, which I noticed very positively. I like the bottle with its interesting shape and its purple liquid very much.
Personally I always wear the scent in between, I have no special season for which I would only recommend it.
Since my first purchase, it has been an integral part of my collection.
Since the scent is not quite so intense, it may be here with me with pleasure also a few splashes more. At the beginning I think the fragrance smells very fresh and somehow "green", I think this must be the passion flower. After a few minutes I begin to notice white flowers. They smell fresh, but already with a sweetish note. More and more the fragrance becomes sweeter in the course, but also the fresh floral notes still resonate. The durability is unfortunately not so enormous with me and amounts to perhaps 3-4 hours on the skin. On your clothes you can smell him much longer. I find the scent mix of fresh and sweet notes very successful! In order to be noticed by others, you have to spray yourself a little more luxuriantly, if you want to, so rather a small Sillage, in my opinion
9.0 7.0 8.0 5.5/10

Too sugary
I had it. I don't know why I bought it....maybe a special offer? I don't remember . anyway, after a few years I re-tested this scent and I found it too sugary. Not my cup of tea. Tastes change. The bottle remains a masterpiece, but what there is inside is something extremely sweet-synthetic. If you risk diabetes, don't try this scent!

Passion flower
The scents I am mostly picking up are the passion flower and some vetiver. We own some property out by a lake and there are passion flower vines growing on it. They smell fantastic, and I have always wondered if the scent was used in perfumes. So I was surprised and excited to find that this perfume, indeed had passion flower in it. Yes, there is vanilla in this but it's not a warm vanilla to me but kind of cool and icy with perhaps a little mint. I don't find the vanilla all that strong. Perhaps it's just me. With the first spray, I thought that this was too subtle. Boy was I wrong! In about 5 seconds the power of the fragrance shot out from me into the room. It's strong and has lasted now for several hours. It's fabulous!
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Oddly hypnotizing plastic-vanilla
This is one vanilla-based fragrance which I find utterly breath-taking.

Hypnose is yummy and sweet without being overwhelming. This has no where near the same strength as Fantasy or Pink Sugar, to my nose this is light and much more grown up.

This is spicy, but only mildly so. Hypnose is mostly soft and slightly powdery vanilla, jasmine, passion flower, vetiver and bergamot.

I find this fragrance to be one of those scents that smell better on the skin rather than paper. On the skin it becomes very warm and soft, however on paper it can be rather sharp.

The lasting strength and sillage are good, but I must advise you all that this fragrance should not be over-applied. Hypnose would make a lovely fragrance for the colder months and special occasions, however I would wear this casually myself.
9.0/10

A hypnotizing scent - .-
My mother used to manage a Lancome counter when i was 14-17, so i am very familiar with most of their recent fragrances.
When this came out i was given TONS of hypnose homme vials, and never really enjoyed them.
I DID however sneak some of her Hypnose Femme vials frequently! ;) This is a primarily sweet fragrance featuring nuances of creamy florals, and soapy rough vetiver.

The top:

I get a mildy acidic bergamot, and mandarin orange rind(a generic start for many fragrances), and a harsh miasma de aniseed! :O
If you're thinking the same thing i am, you'd be thinking this is VERY confusing already!...Almost Hypnotizing!!!
*creepy hand shaking, along with wiggly fingers*

The middle:

The heart of Hypnose is primarily owned by an extremely powdery hard jasmine! Not that i mind, as i mention in many of my other reviews, i am a jasmine ADDICT!!!
So if you are turned off by jasmine, head for the bloody hills with this one! Along side the Jasmine, i get a crazy dirty soapy vetiver, which is sort of like a good friend to the jasmine.
Telling it to count to 10 before it blows a fucking floral gasket!!!

The base:

While being extremely vannilic, it is also remarkably barfy...Which isn't a bad thing.
It's very VERY radiant...in all the WRONG ways, but smells completely RIGHT for this. Hey don't say I didn't f*kin' tell you this wasn't confusing.
It's ok i'll see you in counseling soon.
In the meantime, go out and enjoy this fragrance.
Hell maybe even buy a bottle, it's pretty good!
:EDIT:
I had NO idea Annick Menardo had her hands in this, but now that i look at it, i'm glad i hadn't gone into this review with a biased opinion! She is the MASTER of sweetness!

LauraBella 2 years ago

by Mann
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Idôle by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme