Hypnôse 2005 Eau de Parfum

Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPassion flowerPassion flower
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia
JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 22.07.2021.

Bubblegum, fruity, sweet scent
He is a bubblegum, fruity, sweet scent. He has biscchen püdrigkeit also there. He is in the direction of La vie est Belle but not so Syrupmäßig, but yet biscchen sticky from the sweetness. Smells biscchen after camphor also my nose. On one side soothing and on the other side biscchen flirty. (Smells me but still favorable I must say.)
"A touch of destiny!"
Now I'm only a few weeks here member (after I was for years unregistered but loyal reader) and already 4 fragrances and various filling on the way to me ^^ Well, you treat yourself - just to Corona times - nothing else.
"Hypnosis" is the last few years always pulled past me, today he was actually allowed to move in (bad pun :-D)
Arrived, unpacked, sprayed on. First thought "Oh dear, that was probably nix, why did I order again without testing?!" Spicy anise and something green welcomes me, and will 10 minutes partout not give way. Is that what passion flower smells like? Strange. But then something pink floral, mixed with woody, only moderately sweet vanilla emerges, very nice.
Interestingly, "Hypnosis" smells different on my two wrists. On the left spicier, on the right more vanilla. I think there's a drop of magic in there. And somehow it also smells erotic, also reminds me of the aura that floats around you on a first date.
Somehow, the herbaceous-spicy opening made me immediately think of Tia Dalma from Pirates of the Caribbean. She could smell like that. "Hypnosis" starts off tart and slightly masculine and finishes soft and warm. It's the other way around with the portrayal of Tia Dalma, she starts out quite nice and by the end she turns back into the sea goddess Calypso. The twisted bottle reminds me of a sea whirlpool.
Maybe I have to revise my judgment after longer testing, but I really like it extremely well
Yvandriel
Better than the sum of its parts...
If you had asked me until yesterday - and I have been wearing it for years with great pleasure: For me, this is a floral vanilla cuddly scent - perfect for the cold season.

First, the fragrance itself: I can only smell the top note for a moment - I could do without it. But I don't need to torture myself through, so that's fine with me. As you know, I love jasmine, which appears here very gently, only to fall into a cuddly vanilla bed at the end.

Whenever I wear it, my husband sticks to my neck - it has to be said that he loves vanilla and often finds jasmine too sultry The fragrance is already a bit pleasing and there is no exciting course to discover for me, but that's exactly why it has this cuddly feel-good factor for me. It smells pleasantly good, doesn't push itself loudly into the foreground and doesn't annoy anybody.

Yesterday evening, despite 22 degrees and sunshine, I decided to wear Lancome Hypnosis because we wanted to spend a special evening together - due to Corona at our home on the terrace.
As a result, after dinner I asked myself why I could smell the jasmine bush from the other end of the garden and at some point I started to smell paranoidly at the flowers right behind me, although I actually know that they do not smell of jasmine... Until one day I realized that it was ME who smelled so wonderfully soft like jasmine ;-) This unfolds in warm temperatures apparently much more.

Lancome Hypnose will always be worn by me and as I will wear it in all weather conditions in the future, it has just pushed my previous signature scent (The Different Company pue eVe / just pure) if not off the throne, then in any case to the side - I will now observe this over the rest of the summer. I would not have thought that this was possible and certainly not from a fragrance I thought I already knew...
So you should always remain open for new things and rediscover what you have ;-)

P.S.: Lancome, if you ever hire him, you're dead to me!
I don't know why...
...have I only just discovered this scent?
Was in the perfumery the other day and discovered the bottle hidden in a rather awkward corner just below...next to...I guess...other fragrances that are not so "in" anymore and asked me how purple EdP smells? Well...briefly sprayed on my wrist, mask lifted, sniffed it... "boa neee" thought, mask down again...continued with the shopping
There I was...standing at a rather long queue and sniffed my way through several strips of cardboard. And that's when I remembered my wrist, so I sniffed it too...hellooooohoooo?! What was that perfume again?! Oh yes...that Lilane...that initial floral scent that made me shy away at first seemed to have vanished...what remained was an elegant scent of gardenia with...jasmine? I love jasmine...but I smell the gardenia more out, I know the flower from my mother, she is a "green thumb" as they say and this plant adorns your terrace. Later the smell becomes creamy with a touch of tart? I don't know what it is, but it keeps this scent in balance, so that it doesn't completely fall over into the flowery, sweet...

Got out of the queue, grabbed the scent and now I call it "MY"...I would call it a "year-round scent"...wearable in the office as the flowers won't kill you...First Date scent...Girls' night scent...Cinema scent...warm summer nights scent...quite an allrounder in my opinion...

Unfortunately the scent does not last very long...in my case 4-5 hours at the most...Sillage as I said, not very pronounced, rather discreet...
My aunt's scent!
Do you know that when you sniff a scent and immediately have a person in front of your inner eye? That's what happened to me! According to the information, the fragrance has only been available since 2005, but I immediately have a snapshot in front of me when I smell it. It's 1994 and I'm sitting in the back seat in my aunt's car. She chews chewing gum to overtüns her cigarette smell and that's where the smell comes in. Somewhat slightly sweet, sensual and very interesting... And thus the smell belongs also to my darlings, which my collection is extended! *-* Simply great and for going out in the evening super suitable, but for the everyday life I feel him something too much!:) But definitely a great fragrance!
Hypnosis
My favourite fragrance from Lancome.
I got to know the scent through my girlfriend, which I noticed very positively. I like the bottle with its interesting shape and its purple liquid very much.
Personally I always wear the scent in between, I have no special season for which I would only recommend it.
Since my first purchase, it has been an integral part of my collection.
Since the scent is not quite so intense, it may be here with me with pleasure also a few splashes more. At the beginning I think the fragrance smells very fresh and somehow "green", I think this must be the passion flower. After a few minutes I begin to notice white flowers. They smell fresh, but already with a sweetish note. More and more the fragrance becomes sweeter in the course, but also the fresh floral notes still resonate. The durability is unfortunately not so enormous with me and amounts to perhaps 3-4 hours on the skin. On your clothes you can smell him much longer. I find the scent mix of fresh and sweet notes very successful! In order to be noticed by others, you have to spray yourself a little more luxuriantly, if you want to, so rather a small Sillage, in my opinion
5.5

Too sugary
I had it. I don't know why I bought it....maybe a special offer? I don't remember . anyway, after a few years I re-tested this scent and I found it too sugary. Not my cup of tea. Tastes change. The bottle remains a masterpiece, but what there is inside is something extremely sweet-synthetic. If you risk diabetes, don't try this scent!

Passion flower
The scents I am mostly picking up are the passion flower and some vetiver. We own some property out by a lake and there are passion flower vines growing on it. They smell fantastic, and I have always wondered if the scent was used in perfumes. So I was surprised and excited to find that this perfume, indeed had passion flower in it. Yes, there is vanilla in this but it's not a warm vanilla to me but kind of cool and icy with perhaps a little mint. I don't find the vanilla all that strong. Perhaps it's just me. With the first spray, I thought that this was too subtle. Boy was I wrong! In about 5 seconds the power of the fragrance shot out from me into the room. It's strong and has lasted now for several hours. It's fabulous!

Oddly hypnotizing plastic-vanilla
This is one vanilla-based fragrance which I find utterly breath-taking.

Hypnose is yummy and sweet without being overwhelming. This has no where near the same strength as Fantasy or Pink Sugar, to my nose this is light and much more grown up.

This is spicy, but only mildly so. Hypnose is mostly soft and slightly powdery vanilla, jasmine, passion flower, vetiver and bergamot.

I find this fragrance to be one of those scents that smell better on the skin rather than paper. On the skin it becomes very warm and soft, however on paper it can be rather sharp.

The lasting strength and sillage are good, but I must advise you all that this fragrance should not be over-applied. Hypnose would make a lovely fragrance for the colder months and special occasions, however I would wear this casually myself.

A hypnotizing scent - .-
My mother used to manage a Lancome counter when i was 14-17, so i am very familiar with most of their recent fragrances.
When this came out i was given TONS of hypnose homme vials, and never really enjoyed them.
I DID however sneak some of her Hypnose Femme vials frequently! ;) This is a primarily sweet fragrance featuring nuances of creamy florals, and soapy rough vetiver.

The top:

I get a mildy acidic bergamot, and mandarin orange rind(a generic start for many fragrances), and a harsh miasma de aniseed! :O
If you're thinking the same thing i am, you'd be thinking this is VERY confusing already!...Almost Hypnotizing!!!
*creepy hand shaking, along with wiggly fingers*

The middle:

The heart of Hypnose is primarily owned by an extremely powdery hard jasmine! Not that i mind, as i mention in many of my other reviews, i am a jasmine ADDICT!!!
So if you are turned off by jasmine, head for the bloody hills with this one! Along side the Jasmine, i get a crazy dirty soapy vetiver, which is sort of like a good friend to the jasmine.
Telling it to count to 10 before it blows a fucking floral gasket!!!

The base:

While being extremely vannilic, it is also remarkably barfy...Which isn't a bad thing.
It's very VERY radiant...in all the WRONG ways, but smells completely RIGHT for this. Hey don't say I didn't f*kin' tell you this wasn't confusing.
It's ok i'll see you in counseling soon.
In the meantime, go out and enjoy this fragrance.
Hell maybe even buy a bottle, it's pretty good!
:EDIT:
I had NO idea Annick Menardo had her hands in this, but now that i look at it, i'm glad i hadn't gone into this review with a biased opinion! She is the MASTER of sweetness!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The vanilla note is just to sweet and a bit cloying. I t does not ressemble to any sweet vanilla feminine perfume I know. A pass for me.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
5.5
Unbearably sweetish. I wore when I was younger, but now I can't smell it. However, good longevity and precious multifaceted bottle to show
LauraBellaLauraBella 4 years ago
Classy, but date night. Intelligent. Wish it lasted longer.

Die Vergänglichkeit der Schönheit
by Odinia
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor Dentelle de Roses by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Oranges Bigarades by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme