Idôle 2019

Idôle by Lancôme
Bottle Design Chafik Gasmi
Idôle is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Turkish roseTurkish rose
Rosa centifoliaRosa centifolia
BergamotBergamot
PearPear
Indian jasminum grandiflorumIndian jasminum grandiflorum
Chypre accordChypre accord
MuskMusk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.11.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is the American actress and singer Zendaya Coleman.

Is that necessary?
Idols for the label Lancome from the house L'Oreal is as superfluous as the whole "eau nuits", "essence de parfums", "l'eaus" ubd what else comes so from their Chemiekpche.

How does Idole smell? I think: Idole is an absolutely trivial, banal, fatal, run-of-the-mill rose fragrance, with no durability, no character and no sophistication.
Rose, pear, jasmine.....a floral mishmash that could have been used for fabric softener, hand cream, body milk or a face cream. Totally arbitrary, non-intrusive, a mass-produced product for girls young and old. And Lancome, at the launch, once again - and as always! - as if they had reinvented the wheel!
( Miracle is better by lengths!)

Whether the fragrance now comes as a perfume, L'eau, Intense or Essence daherkommt, is completely irrelevant - it is only marketing water without its own message, and if any of the variations does not sell as desired, it disappears again in the sink.

Hold does not really the fragrance, and develop on the skin also nix. Idole is an indefinable flower slush Not fish, not flesh.
Beautiful everyday companion
First of all: I'm not very adept at describing, nor do I have a nose that recognizes individual fragrances without a doubt.

Nevertheless, I would like to describe my impression, so it goes directly:

The scent is lovely rosy, not heavy, fresh, not aquatic, very pleasing and pleasant but not boring, at least not to my nose. Beautifully floral, but not sweet at the same time. A candidate for me when I can not decide in the morning, which always goes.

Only the bottle annoys me, without holder it always just lies lazily around and is thus an eye-catcher on the perfume shelf, unfortunately not a beautiful one.
Muckelina
Great scent but not much behind it
I got a sample of the fragrance with a purchase of another fragrance just before it was released in 2019. I was immediately very enthusiastic and when the fragrance then came three weeks later in the stores, I went straight to buy it.
Now here's the thing, it's not always just the scent that drives the buying decision. This bottle looks really good at first glance. But it can't stand up. So yes, briefly it can, but not permanently because it's so narrow. So you have to find someone who has the stand (from wherever) and sell it - for a lot of money I think. Or option two, you put it down. That's really dumb, it always looks untidy. That sounds banal, but I must say that it bothers me so that I would not buy the fragrance again just for that reason...
But now to the fragrance itself. A strong, dominant, bloomed, beautiful rose. More a whole bouquet of roses, in which you bathe and from whose smell you can not get enough. Very lightly in the background but well perceptible the bergamot, which frames the whole perfectly. I personally don't smell pear. The whole thing is accompanied by a lasting hint of musk. I find the fragrance very very successful and noble, because the rose is for me the queen of flowers.
However, from the durability and sillage, the fragrance is rather a disappointment.
I myself smell me after about 2 hours no more, others can perceive the scent about 4 hours and even on the clothes he disappeared after 5-6 hours. So cheap he is not that that would be justified.

So if you are anyway a permanent Nachsprüher, you have the thing anyway in the bag and the stand problem falls away and the short shelf life you do not notice. Then the scent is perfect. If not, you have to weigh yourself ;)
CharlotJ
From the first disappointment to the great love!
I was also tempted by the, admittedly quite well done, advertising to buy. At the first spraying I was first once disappointed beyond measure. For me, Idôle smelled absolutely 08/15 and nothing special. So it stood around unused for a while and when I tried it again a few weeks ago, I didn't trust my nose...! Nothing with 08/15!
I smell the beautiful rose, which in my opinion but not too intrusive or musty smells; something slightly citrusy and at the very back (but also somehow at the very front) the musk, which perfectly underlines the whole in its femininity and softness.
At the beginning, I felt a little too young for the fragrance in my mid-20s, but that has also changed in the meantime. For much younger girls, I would recommend the fragrance but still not, because it seems relatively adult.
For me at the moment even somehow my Signiture fragrance! Love.
5.5

Very heavy, headache inducing
To me this is a strong perfume, probably because of the chypre. It’s all about floral and rather complicated to my nose. I honestly can’t discern between the Roses and the bergamot. Smells so 1990’s to me.

The perfumes lays heavy on me. One squirt is plenty, and almost too much for me to handle. Unfortunately for me I bought blindly and have a full size bottle that I’m trying to wear every so often with hopes I begin loving it (or standing it).

It’s headache producing for an hour. I want to love it, but it’s such a difficult fragrance for me. I have an aversion to oak moss, and it’s detected here. However, after an hour things start to slow down. The florals start coming out, not so harshly, allowing me to breathe again and enjoy the fragrance.

Having said all of this, I wouldn’t have bought this perfume had I known I’d experience the discomforts of this scent bomb, but it’s manageable after a couple hours.
IDÔLE we can, we will!
Confident, strong, feminine.
These are the adjectives that first come to my mind about Idôle, and I think they fit.
Initially very sparkling and bold, through the fruity notes and the chypreakkord it captivates throughout the day by its feminine consistency. The rose, the hobbyhorse of Lancôme puts itself like a superhero coat around the wearer and gives her a confident femininity.
Clean and unfussy is also the bottle of the fragrance with its strong design complements well. He reminds of a smartphone (which is intended), you can take him everywhere, he is our constant companion and he is a sign of our time.

IDÔLE gives you the confidence to be YOU,
Without compromise, without regret
Idols Le Parfum vs. Idols L'Intense: a layering experiment
Welcome my dear ones to my 13th perfume advent calendar door and today I would like to compare the two Lancôme fragrances Idole Le Parfum and Idole L'Intense.

Idole Le Parfum was released at the same time as Yves Saint Laurent's Libre, the Idole L'Intense also coincided with, who would have guessed, YSL's Libre Eau de Parfum Intense, well the competition never sleeps. Since I've already said enough about the Libres here, this commentary or fragrance comparison should now be dedicated entirely to the idols.

Both are classified as floral-fruity women's fragrances, composed by the same 3 perfumers at Givaudan, one of the major fragrance oil manufacturers. Both are surrounded by the same slender bottle, with the es L'Intenses having a darker colour. Both contain a chypre accord.

With idols I have already made some experiences, emptied some tester tubes. The scent starts out a bit over-fresh and sweet, but slightly synthetic, with both opposite poles quickly levelling out. The fragrance lives mostly from the pear-rose combination with chypry notes. For me, Idole is not a pompous or even elegant fragrance, but a beautiful everyday companion with a light character, which I like to wear to work, which never offends and always looks pleasing, even if it never loses this slightly synthetic touch. If the opportunity arises, I would consider investing in a large bottle, since I can never get enough of pears and roses.

Before my direct comparison of the two fragrances, I didn't have the Idol L'Intense variant in my memory. Shortly tested in the middle of summer, it seemed to me to be overexerted and overexerted. But I wanted to try a second test and I was actually proven wrong: When spraying on the Idol L'Intense, you can smell the idol DNA clearly, underlaid with something deeper, darker. A distinctive patchouli crystallizes out, combines skillfully with the rosy chypre notes. The fruitiness of the pear is missing, here it has been replaced by mandarin. The fragrance actually seems more intense and lasts a bit longer on my skin than the original version. The L'Intense version also has a slightly synthetic undertone, but that doesn't bother me much. As beautiful as I find this fragrance, I have to say that I miss the pear note here a little bit. Idols L'Intense I would also classify as suitable for everyday work, perhaps on a colder, more uncomfortable day. It could also be a nice addition for the evening, to give the idol worn during the day a deeper facet and some elegance.

My perfect idol is probably a mixture of both, whereby I am very satisfied with the result of a 1:1 mixture. The ratio can be adjusted according to weather conditions, desire and mood. To my astonishment, both fragrances last much longer on my skin when layered, than when applied separately.

If you are looking for an uncomplicated everyday fragrance that contains just the right blend of freshness and sweetness, then Idols is the right choice for you. If you already know and like idols, test the Idol L'Intense, maybe it is a nice addition
I am now thinking about buying both idols at a suitable opportunity and layering them happily.

Your Flaconesse

new? - No, with...
Idols sprayed. It is one of the best clean scents for me. I've only tested it a few times, but I know I'm definitely gonna buy it.

This fragrance reminds me of cleanliness, freshly washed laundry and purity. Fantastic. The sillage and durability are okay - so all in all nothing special.

Nevertheless, there is something about the scent that attracts me magically. Very suitable for every day or the office, because the fragrance doesn't scream for attention too much, but it's still there.

The individual scents are not perceptible to me, so the composition as such is very well done. If you had to describe everything, it would be like sitting down in a big mountain of freshly washed laundry. Absolutely beautiful.
I Never Walk Alone
After I know what a "chypre" is,
i'm gonna say that's not a "chypre"!

After having skimmed some comments and statements here, read them only in parts, partly or even completely, and looked at the reviews, it seems that "Idôle" is rather a "commonplace scent". Nothing special, so completely or only "okay" maybe, at the end still "quite nice" maybe, ..., whereby we all know that "quite nice" is often only the little sister of " ... " means...

After the first test in the perfumery, I had probably let myself be influenced more by the opinion of 2 friends, who first had the tester: "Noooo sweet - smell it too!" and quickly put it away again. Opinions are subjective, I didn't think he was toouuuuu sweet, but it went on, back then.

But the temptation remained too big for me, because first of all I did not like the fragrance badly, and secondly, quite independently of that, the temptation of the bottle is not to be underestimated at all!
And "One plus two" became "Buy!" - without further aftertest.

After "all that" I already said the other day in a statement how I feel the perfume is presented in brief:
Idôle is gentle. Quiet. A silent companion. Almost imaginary. One that still keeps telling you, "I'm with you. I'm not leaving you. You smell, smell good!"
It kind of makes you feel safe, doesn't it? Even without being annoying or sticky!

Right from the start there is nothing pungent or biting. In the beginning also here again a little bit the pear. Not as direct as in Irrésistible (Givenchy), but very light, because somewhere under a wafting scent of a bouquet of fresh field and meadow flowers, grated with the fingers. A touch of the rose always present. All this carried by jasmine and musk.
For me, the fragrance remains stable overall - for some, it may become boring. But I say no, because it delivers what it promises. And for as long as it lasts. And the durability is also quite impressive.

Idôle - a very pleasant, unobtrusive, soft fragrance, becoming more and more skin-tight, but never leaving you. No fragrance for the evening. No fragrance to go out. No special scent. Not a common scent. An all-round beautiful scent. Light. Fresh. A feeling of well-being throughout the day.

I don't think our tête à tête will be short.
Eaumygosh
You take some "Chloé (eau de parfum)
... and refine it with a good shot of "Daisy Eau So Fresh" - in the end, the precious little water only has to be filled into an admittedly very pretty bottle and "Idôle" is finished.

A tangy pear and rose determine the top note. Floral, clean and fruity. Very spring-like. With time, the fragrance loses some of its initial effervescence. Pear and rose remain in focus, but the overall impression becomes much more powdery and soft. So the fragrance then remains on my skin until only a delicate rosy touch remains. Sillage and durability are good. It is quite perceptible, 2/3 sprays are completely sufficient. I wear fragrances mostly on my clothes and there it lasts a good 6/7 hours. Towards the end it smells as if I had washed my clothes with a nice fabric softener.

I would recommend "Idôle" to anyone who perhaps found the original "Chloé" from 2007 a little too soapy. The tangy-fruity pear plays around the rose really beautifully - it doesn't seem too dominant. That's why I also mentioned the similarity to "Chloé (Eau de Parfum" and "Daisy Eau So Fresh". The first is a really elegant and clean rose scent, while the second is a sparkling floral good mood scent with a clear pear note.
I would also like to say that "s.Oliver for Her" is a better "Idôle" than "Chloé (Eau de Parfum)" Dupe in my eyes. The sweet powdery and slightly fruity note reminds me more of this fragrance

OphaqeOphaqe 21 days ago
The smell is soft and classy, and it will get you a lot of compliments; however, people would tell me I smell like a 40yo business woman.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Pure, clean, extremely feminine as a dew drop on a rose,it's a very classy and discrete scent to wear mainly by day.
Refined the thin bottle

by CandyScent
by Patti21
by Patti21

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor Dentelle de Roses by Lancôme Hypnôse Elixir Envoûtant by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme