Jasmins Marzipane (2016)

Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme

Jasmins Marzipane is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Bourbon vanilla, Jasmine sambac, Jasminum grandiflorum, Cashmere wood, Almond wood, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 23.07.2020.

The scent is part of the collection "Les Parfums Grands Crus".

The name fooled me
What do you expect from a fragrance with the word marzipan in its name? Something warm, soft, cuddly... Unfortunately, I don't experience that with this scent. In fact, I find the top note rather cool and pushy. But once you get past it, it becomes a little more sweet. However, I can only perceive a little bit of the scent, which would make JP a little more interesting. It stays jasmine-heavy until the end. On cool, rainy days I can hardly imagine him? Where is the marzipan that comforts me? Especially on YT channels the scent is praised to the skies. That tempted me to blind buy...luckily only the small flacon. My lesson: always ALWAYS test it yourself and rely only on your own taste. No reproach to those who hyped him...fragrances are always a matter of taste
chewy candy
Very chewing-gummy at first. Later the woods and the musk come to light. Then it is a matter of a clean and cultivated smell. However, I cannot get over the prelude, so that I do not become a fan of the fragrance after all.
EdithLyri
My skin turns jasmine's marzipan into chewing gum
At the risk of stepping on some people's toes. I don't want to disparage anybody for the smell they like. Opinions, scent preferences and skin chemistry are really very different.
Anyway, this smell smells terrible on me.
I can't really understand why so many people like him at the moment. Maybe the scent on most people's skin smells different, maybe my skin just can't cope with the scent at all. In any case, I don't find a "jasmine tea aroma", no "real" jasmine, I don't find the scent "pleasing" or "discreet", but exactly the opposite, heavy, oppressive, pompous, sweet-synthetic.

The scent starts with me with a heavy chewing gum prelude, it is exactly the pink Hubba-Bubba chewing gum that loses its taste really fast. However, Jasmine's marzipan does not lose its flavour quickly. The chewing gum note is retained, it changes to the exact odor of the big red cinnamon chewing gum.
With the best will in the world, I cannot understand where jasmine is to be found, let alone marzipan. I still don't understand how notes like jasmine, vanilla and wood can result in cinnamon and chewing gum notes. It's already very mysterious. After about one and a half hours the synthetic chewing gum has finally decreased, even if the impression remains. Heavy flowers come out stronger, but in their worst form, stuffy, musty, oppressive, headache producing. Meanwhile the base is smellable too, it's okay. There's some nice wood aromas.

The whole fragrance is extremely sweet and smells like chewing gum for kids, very artificial. As an adult woman you can't wear it in my opinion, just for the sake of your fellow human beings. Jasmine's marzipan is for me on a par with the Britney Spears scents.
Really, I'm making my skin responsible. I believe that the scent of all the others who commented smelled completely different.
Duftsucht
Unbelievable: Am I still becoming a jasmine fan?
Actually "Orange Bigarade" of the same series attracted me during my lunch break - without much hope of actually being able to test it. But lo and behold: Our local Karstadt really has the series!
The saleswoman, who is really fogged up with these fragrances, recommended that I also try "Jasmins Marzipane" after a few specific questions about fragrances I like. I was, I must confess, VERY sceptical. The name was a real deterrent for me and in my mind's eye I smelled sticky almond mixed with stinky jasmine - probably with an overdose of vanilla as well. Shudder!! My (suspicious question) whether the scent would be very almond-laden, the lady politely denied and described it as "Of course clearly a jasmine scent, but with a slight freshness that it retains until the end - and no, the jasmine is not stuffy and oppressive, but a very clear, pure scent". I should give the fragrance some time to develop, at the beginning it's a bit overwhelming, especially if you usually wear light scents. Hmm: Jasmine and clear and pure? I was not really convinced, but nevertheless I decided to sacrifice a wrist.
And what can I say: At the beginning already VERY overwhelming: A surge of jasmine, jasmine, jasmine - and additionally vanilla. Already I see my worst fears confirmed, but I take a short coffee break and give the fragrance half an hour to sort itself out. And it does - and how beautiful! The jasmine is really just the same as it smells on a balmy summer's evening, when you sit next to it at some distance and the wind gently blows the scent cloud across. Not at all like when you drill your nose into the flowers so that the jasmine almost takes your breath away. Really quite clear, translucent and radiant white. The musk can now be smelled - it is a clean musk that gently envelops the jasmine. The woods also serve only as flattering support, but do not push themselves into the foreground. By the way, I don't smell marzipan at all - not even much almond! For comparison I sprayed "L'Instant Magic" by Guerlain on the other arm. The fragrances are not dissimilar in appearance, the cuddling factor is high for both. "L'instant Magic" has this distinct almond aroma - and "Jasmine's Marzipan" is more floral - a bit more elegant and mature. As the scent fairy at Karstadt had promised me, the fragrance is really accompanied by a delicate freshness that smells a bit like orange juice made from very mild fresh oranges.
A creamy powdery floral symphony of scents! Very big cinema! br /> Is "Jasmine's Marzipane" moving in with me now? Once again, I'm struggling with the fact that some fragrances are only available in these large bottlings and at correspondingly steep prices. He will definitely be on the wish list!

Pretty Jasmine
I didn't get much bitter or powdery almond in Jasmins Marzipane. The fragarnce is all about jasmine during the first 3 hours, and a very pretty one at that. The jasmine here is more full-bodied than those primarily relying on the green radiancy of Hedione, sweeter and with a noticeable indolic twang. But compared to Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge and Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Jardin Blanc, it's tamer and has a less complexe olfactory profile.

The initial indolic and green nuances soon disappear after about 1 hour. The sweet floralcy of jasmine also becomes more and more nebulous with time. During the 4th and 5th hours, the fragrance sometimes smells very softy of caramelised wild strawberry, probably because the cashmeran becomes more noticeable at this stage, which I perceive as having an abstract berry and woody smell among other things. But ultimately, Jasmins Marzipane would resolve into a clean white musk infused with the vague sweet floracy of jasmine. The vanilla is never explicit on my skin to evoke a truly gourmand caracter, but serves to provide a smooth playground for the dainty jasmine.

Jasmins Marzipane has a moderate to soft sillage, and lasts about 8 hours on my skin.

Although the smell of Jasmins Marzipane didn't inspire the same awe as its splendid bottle to me, it's pretty charming and easy on the nose, and adheres to the conventional feminine beauty quite well. It's probably not the most innovative, interesting or realistic jasmine fragrances that I tried so far, but it does smells more natural and more sophisticated than a few mainstream offerings. I would recommend it as an easy-going everyday fragrance to jasmine lovers, or to those who are venturing into jasmine fragrances but are still unsure about how much indole one can handle.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Amylovesyou
by Amylovesyou
by TenderPoison
by TenderPoison

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Toilette Florale by Lancôme Tubéreuses Castane by Lancôme Oranges Bigarades by Lancôme