L'Autre Ôud 2012

L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme
Bottle Design Catherine Krunas
L'Autre Ôud is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCypriol, Labdanum, Clary sage, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Turkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesBalsam tree, Gaiac wood, Gurjum balsam, Moss, Myrrh, Oud, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.02.2021.

The scent was re-released in 2016 as part of the collection "Les Parfums Grands Crus".

Dark & Mysterious
Oud is a rather recent discovery for me, and I simply cannot have enough of it! This one is definitely one of the best. Mesmerising and addictive. Dark elegance, mysterious and seductive. Mature experience, when the years gone by have made one wiser and more daring at the same time. A dark red rose at the button-hole of a silk velvet dinner jacket. Or a burgundy evening gown. Someone who enjoys dressing up for going to the opera or the opening night of a star-studded play. Someone for whom only the best is good enough. And then more...
SchatzSucher
Why not be different for once?
I have been thinking about L´Autre Ôud for a long time. I would like to classify it as a rather difficult fragrance, because it has little to nothing flattering or whatever kind of lovely about it.
Still I like it great!
I just went to a concert in the Elbphilharmonie yesterday evening (my first concert ever). The topic was "Piano Day"
What exactly was waiting for me was a little unclear, because the description in the program was also quite vague.
Quite experimental music followed, a piano virtuoso with her own compositions, a trio of piano, double bass and drums simply played on it without prior agreement (that would have been done for 12 years, we were told). Yes, that sounded like it, although you could tell that you were very well attuned to each other. Lots of sound and little melody are the best words. And yet it was coherent.
And then followed a duo, piano and saxophone, with improvisations and new interpretations of jazz classics.
That's not really the music I normally like to listen to, but why shouldn't one just get involved with something else and realize that besides the old and familiar paths there are branches and byways?
In this connection I would like to mention that a row in front of me sat a lady wearing L´Autre Ôud. I recognized him right away. This certain imperious severity, paired with already quite bitter and dry resins, with very few, minimalistic floral impressions fitted perfectly to this evening. This lady might have passed the 60, with a slightly harsh but very distinctive appearance, discreet and chic dressed in grey and white with few accessories. The scent matched the lady just as excellently.
During the break it turned out that we stood together at one table and so we got into conversation. It is always worth discussing unusual music a little more extensively. I couldn't help but talk to her about the scent. She was very pleased with the compliment and I could confirm that it fit her perfectly and was perfectly chosen for the evening. Actually I should have worn it too, that would have been a wonderful addition.
L´Autre Ôud is already in my collection for a long time, I still have the previous version in a 75 ml bottle with the printed gates.
I was able to buy it very cheap together with Ôud Bouquet and I am thrilled by this difference.
I feel this scent like yesterday evening, unlike the old paths, very unconventional, very dry, very experimental, it somehow has nothing really harmonious about it, but as a whole it seems very harmonious again, makes me think.
Usually the term oud rather triggers flight reflexes in me, I feel it as pungent, too harsh, too pushy, sometimes almost stable-like, unpleasant, penetrating.
But there are exceptions like this one. Oud is clearly present here, sets the tone, but is shaken up a little in interaction with resins and spices. The very sparingly used accents of rose provide for the certain balancing harmony and reduce the severity somewhat, even if only very little.
I can't see a clear progression, the stringing together of chords just continues and you just let yourself in and get carried away.
And these chords are quite long-lived, they continue to reverberate until the next morning.

So my conclusion about last night and the fragrance is: If you like to take a look around away from the usual monotony and get involved with extraordinary music as well as extraordinary scents, let's take a look at L´Autre Ôud. The fragrance is also equally suitable for him and her.
It may go simply gladly times differently, I find it enriching. So I'll wear it again today, even if it's just for me today.

FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
Beautiful middle eastern style mukhallat perfume. When I wear this, people always ask what it is I have on. A crowd pleaser indeed.

by Entenradio
by JPhx
by Dalma
by Dalma

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Peut-Être (2020) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Toilette Florale by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme