La Nuit Trésor à la Folie 2018

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme
Top 41 in Women's Perfume
La Nuit Trésor à la Folie is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper
PatchouliPatchouli
Blond woodsBlond woods
AmbroxAmbrox
NutmegNutmeg

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.07.2021.

The long way
Love at first sight, er sniff, it was not. Definitely not.
A la folie haunts me regularly. The first time in winter. While browsing, on the great homepages of all-knowing perfumeries, a la folie was suggested to me again and again. I ignored it. Tresor is so not mine. A flanker was beyond my imagination because of this. However, the internet was persistent. Ok, a look at the scent pyramid can't hurt...wait, rose, vanilla, tonka bean?? That's what I love. So kid packed in the stroller and off to the nearest perfumery. Shh. Corona. I was not allowed to enter the perfumery. The lovely shop assistant took pity and handed me out a cardboard strip of a la folie. It was, well, a pure horror! My nose automatically avoided this artificially pungent, acrid smell. No, this was supposed to be the great a la folie? I threw the cardboard strip in the trash and was sure it would never work out between us. But somehow it continued to haunt me. So many people on this forum recommended him to me. Rhapsodized about him. How could I not smell it?? Eventually, the time came. I got a small bottle of this magical scent. Ok, 2 choices. Either hate it or get hooked. My gut warned me about the second, and it was. As soon as it touched my skin, all the things I had so eagerly hoped for unfolded: dark seductive rose, creamy vanilla and a bed of tonka bean and woods. And yes, I was hooked and went straight out and got myself a bottling. This I kept like a treasure, clear otherwise it will be empty, and probably each of us it dreads the sound of an empty atomizer.
Rescue approached, however: a la folie on sale. Of course bought. And what lasts long will finally be good!
By the way, I tested him today in a perfumery again on a cardboard strip. Also there I found him terrible and there he had little resemblance to the a la folie on my skin.
Finally my
In February due to the Parfumo hype smelled for the first time and since then this fragrance has not left my head. I smelled him then only on a test strip and was already blown away.
Now I found a super offer, received it an hour ago and of course immediately sprayed on my skin. I am shocked, as I did not think that this fragrance could be even nicer. On my skin it smells very strongly of vanilla accompanied by beautiful berries...I am in seventh heaven and just happy that I have now found another beautiful fragrance next to La Belle, in which the vanilla plays the leading role.
Clear buy recommendation to all vanilla lovers who love sweet and fruity / berry scents.
Thank you Parfumo!
PS: If you know other fragrances with good H/S, which are affordable and dominated by vanilla, I would be very happy.
Balticsea
"This is insanity why are you sending me to the....."
Moin all you lovely perfumas and parfumos out there. (Just a quick opinion on the fragrance? The review starts visibly further down)

Well, have you just sat in front of your screen and mentally shouted out loud "...hell, hell, hell"? :-P well so. However, to this fragrance probably fits "...heaven, heaven, heaven" much better. But more on that in a moment. My wife added this beautiful vault to her collection about 3 months ago. I found the Tresor L'eau de Parfum rather mediocre and didn't expect anything from this one. But the foil really surprised me in a positive way. And while we're at it, I'd love to surprise you guys for a second too!
Therefore, very briefly in advance a mind game moreover I would like to ask you a guessing question. I am sure anyone who has never heard this mind game will be wrong. And clearly!!! Very, very clearly!!! I promise. So here's the mind game followed by a question:

Imagine you have a normal sheet of writing paper. Now further imagine that you fold this sheet of paper 42x. (I am aware that this is not technically possible - but imagine it theoretically)

How thick do you think your folded sheet of paper is after 42x folds?
(Resolution is at the end of the review. You'll be amazed.)

But now to the actual topic, the insane night treasure - or rather the night treasure of insanity? My French is very modest. Forgive me and feel free to correct me. I think you knew what I meant anyway. Of course we are talking about La Nuit Trésor à la Folie.

So, let's get started:

The bottle: 9/10

Doesn't this one just look great? Like all of the series a glass diamond. Beautiful, dark color. Noble black bow. Only drawback. Lid could be more valuable and the feel is of course a little compromised by the shape. But hey - still a real ger eye-catcher. Sprayer is incidentally also upper level.

The fragrance:

Let's give in to the scent.

The fragrance starts little restrained. It goes off offensively, fruity. The famous Lancome top note combination of pear and currant is definitely a dream here. What comes across a little too scratchy for me in La vie est belle, especially initially, is perfectly balanced here. A sweet pear paired with a dark currant that gives off a bit of acidity. I honestly don't detect any bergamot. With the Tresor L'eau de Parfum, the burgeoning orchid paired with the incense would have bothered me by now. Neither of those scents are present in La Folie. Thanks for that Lancome. :-)

The floral heart in persona of rose and jasmine are quite noticeable. But not sticking out. But much more supporting in the overall picture. I'm not a rose lover. But it is thankfully not the issue here and nestles perfectly into the fragrance.

Because what makes this fragrance is especially its great base, which not only pick up the rest of the fragrance here, but ensure that the fragrance after the deliciously sweet-fruity top note out the back again. Because the interplay of loud, sweet vanilla tonka and the rest of the notes is just divine. I can't pick out much else here. But the sweetness is picked up great and never seems overpowering. I detect a very subtle balsamic (patchouli? ambrox?). As I said, I don't detect nutmeg and woods in detail either, but I'm sure those too ensure that this scent is sweet but still grown up. The vanilla here is world class, by the way. Not because of its naturalness, no, the fragrance is from the head to the base certainly a certain synthetic not to deny. But this is here so not disturbing. The fragrance is incredibly well balanced and nothing is annoying. The (as always and everywhere) synthetic pear is great. And the same goes for the incredibly delicious sweet vanilla, which is almost reminiscent of the smell of gaudy custard. Really great cinema.

Short form:

Sweet-fruity, harmonious berry-pear mix that beds down on delicious vanilla tonka , which is perfectly picked up and balanced by the floral companions in the heart and the rest of the top notes and never comes across as annoying or childish despite the sweetness.

Durability: 8/10

In a nutshell? The fragrance lasts for 8 hours. On the clothes even the next morning to smell. Fits!

Sillage: 8/10

With 5 sprays one is to smell in the first 2 hours for everyone even over an arm's length. Also in the hours 2-4 it is enough for a stay in the elevator or a hug. After that, it starts to get skin deep. All in all, totally okay. However, it doesn't fill rooms right after application either. But this can also have advantages. These we explain, nevertheless, simply in the next point. The.....

...Wearability: 8/10

This fragrance fits best in the autumn/winter. Nevertheless, this is a fragrance that you can also use as an all-rounder. Because just because he is not a space filler this fragrance will not tarnish even in the office. Date? Party? Everything fits. Only and only at temperatures beyond 20 degrees I would classify it as too heavy. Can a man wear it? Of course, but it is a very feminine fragrance. Nevertheless. Everyone what he has Bock. For me, it often ends up on my hand. Because I smell him just very much. :-)

Compliments: 9/10

Yes what can I say? My wife has a colleague who does not like sweet scents. This one, however, she finds great. It just works and the vast majority of people will find it great. I love it. So does my wife. And also in the circle of acquaintances he came consistently well.

Price / performance: 8/10

70.00€ for 75.00ml are certainly not a classic Cheapie. But the price is absolutely fine and for me this fragrance is more than worth it. Above average great fragrance for an average (designer) price.

Conclusion:
Yes what can I say? Here really fits everything. Incredibly beautifully balanced fragrance that starts fruity and develops sooo seductively sweet and delicious without losing class because of it. Sweet? Yes! But mature, a bit dark and incredibly coherent. Synthetic? Um yeah, hardly surprising given the scent notes. But "zero point zero" annoying or negative. The vanilla is so great on display here, I can only tip my hat. Let's make this short. Great fragrance, great bottle, H/S and P/L really okay.

Blindbuy candidate? Definitely.

Resolution and conclusion:

I asked you guys at the beginning to contest a mind game with me and guess how thick a standard sheet of paper is after 42x folds. Well? What was your tip?

30cm? 80cm? 100m? 5km?

Who types the 5km you ask? I said you will be amazed. Because 5km is also wrong.

The solution: the leaf would be so thick after 42x folding that it would not fit between the earth and the moon!!!! Unbelievable? I think so too.

And you know what I also find incredible? The La Nuit Trésor à la Folie! And you guys, for fighting your way through this review until the end. :-) Thanks for that.

Always keep an open mind, never stop learning and getting excited. And hang in there!

Oh, and please never start folding a piece of paper 42x. It won't work ;-P

You better try the La Folie. Because that works!!!

As always hanseatic greetings
Successful blind purchase
This beautiful fragrance was my very first blind purchase and I definitely did not regret it. Trésor à la folie smells for me just like what the bottle suggests on the outside. In the top note very fruity sweet, deep red, ripe berries. Then after some time it changes slightly and the vanilla comes through very strongly, stronger than I would have imagined (but not a cheap Dr. Oetker vanilla pudding vanilla like many other fragrances). I had to get used to this distinct vanilla, but by now La nuit Trésor à la folie is my very favorite cozy scent for cold days. Definitely a sweet scent, the vanilla remains present almost throughout. Very good durability and sillage. Whether I would buy it again, I do not know, but I will use it up very gladly
Christacita
Je t'aime à la folie et à l'infini
I will now tell you a love story. I have already written about it in another perfume review, namely when Gucci Rush almost drove me crazy with its coriander notes and my new love from Paris. It wasn't love at first sight, but definitely a storybook love story with a man who looked like Mathieu from La boum the fete. We met in San Diego. I'm Swiss, he's French. We had a great time in together, exploring the shores of California and our emotional worlds alike. The sunsets on the beach were the most romantic thing ever. The language barrier wasn't easy, but when I think back, kind of nice too.

After I was back in Switzerland and he was back in the city of love, Paris, we couldn't be without each other. And so every other weekend, I took the Chur-Paris night train to be close to my Manu. Since we loved each other à la folie anyway, I spontaneously decided to move to Paris. And I did. An intense time in Paris followed, with romantic excursions, learning the most beautiful language in the world, tête à têtes and much more. Every day we said to each other several times, "je t'aime à la folie et à l'infini".

With "à la folie" I now make the link to the Trésor perfume. After all, I was on war footing with Trésor, as the 90s perfume didn't turn me on at all - to put it mildly. Fortunately, I recently ventured into the same perfume line with à la folie. What a scent!!!!!! Smelled it, liked it, and bought it. The name and scent fit perfectly with my love of France. Vanilla-intense with that pink pepper and nutmeg note, its subtle floral-fruit accords. Haunting, sweet, seductive, passionate. And totally special! Just like our love back then. To underpin our vow of love in the form of music, we chose Francis Cabrel's song "Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai" as our love song.

Love, alas, did not last "à l'infini." But the memories of how it felt then, with all the passionate and romantic aspects, different countries and cultures, remain unforgettable. So if you want to know what it's like to feel "à la folie" and feel the touch of Paris magic around you, I can only recommend this perfume
Anonymous
Even if the fragrance is a somewhat perfumed vanilla with accessories: it is just awesome
I love this deliciously sweet, warm gourmand. Even if it comes across a bit perfumy, it's not synthetic, mega pleasant and kind of yummy, especially towards the base note. Therefore, no vanilla fan should miss it. I love this one, as well as the original version, but it is also interesting, in my opinion, for those who didn't like the "Ur-La Nuit Tresor". Compared to this one, à la folie is fluffier, rounder and definitely less smoky.
To the fragrance: I'm not super, what it fragrance descriptions, but nobody is perfect. ;)
The top note begins floral sweet, however, I can not identify the floral notes exactly, because they appear only briefly and background.
In the heart notes, the berries then gently appear with the cozy vanilla. A somewhat sweetish rose is also present, but only discreetly like the other floral notes at the beginning.
In the base, the cozy, soft and actually slightly less perfumy vanilla note remains with. Nice that this note accompanies the course of the fragrance throughout.
Both the durability, as well as the sillage are top (as usually with the Lancôme fragrances). Some estimate the fragrance as mature, but I am of the opinion that the fragrance is suitable for all ages. I wear him already seid about a year and am just 20...
Actually, he is an elegant Ausgehduft, but I love him so much that I wear him in everyday life. Am just a big gourmand fan... Also The price-performance ratio is very appropriate in my opinion.
À la Folie will certainly accompany me for many years. However, I no longer commit to a signature fragrance, because there are several fragrances that I appreciate. This is nevertheless one of my favorite fragrances of the highest order
I am a la folie
A more appropriate headline I can not think of for this unspeakably great fragrance.
I have some fragrances that fit me incredibly well, and I love the fact that there are so many beautiful perfumes for thousands of different occasions, lighter for summer, heavier for winter, daytime fragrances, evening fragrances. I also like the variety of being able to put on a perfume on a whim. If I'm sad, I can underline that with a melancholic scent, or cheer myself up with something sparkling. I have wonderful memories with many of my treasures, and some have to wait longer for their use, but then fit all the better because they were carefully chosen for that day. That's why I actually don't like to commit to just one signature scent.
Would you put me, however, before the choice ... it would be Lancome La nuit Tresor a la folie. I am so addicted to this fragrance, it's insane.

Once again, I'm lying in bed, my daughter snuggled up to me, and I'm trying to describe this pink and black jewel that gently envelops me, but I think I just can't do it justice. Also, I just can't and won't smell and describe this fragrance broken down into its individual parts because it just shines so perfectly and deliciously in the sum of its things. It smells so natural, never pungent, synthetic or suffocating, floating around me, always there and staying with me until the next morning. When I spray it on (2, 3 sprays on the back of my neck), I always have to close my eyes for a moment, inhale with a sigh and somehow, very briefly, the world stands still. Honestly, that's how it really is! That a perfume blows me away like that, and beguiles me like that, completes me like that, has never happened to me to this extent before. I fall in love quickly, am easily impressed at the first spray, but usually this interest fades quickly again, at the latest after 2, 3 weeks. But not with this fragrance, oh no. The euphoria is unbroken for months.

"La nuit tresor a la folie" smells exactly as described in the pyramid. Most of all, I perceive juicy dark (but not overripe) berries, a beautiful dark pink (but not squeaky pink) rose, and the very finest bourbon vanilla (yes really, not the normal vanilla) as well as a delicious tonka bean on warm wood. It changes by the hour, yet stays the same. He smells so familiar and yet new.

The comparison with red fruit jelly with vanilla sauce I can partially agree, but the wood, the rose and tonka are so present that he yet again does not quite fit.
Who knows me knows that already a too penetrating rose note can spoil the whole perfume for me. May the top and base notes are still so beautiful, is it too rosy is over with me, I'm sensitive. The well-known Tresor la nuit Damask rose is used here, however, well-dosed, the slight spiciness by Ambrox and nutmeg round off the fragrance perfectly. H+S are very good, but without being intrusive or artificial.
The heart note reminds me of something, but I just can not come up with it. Somehow, the fragrance melts so well with my skin that I can just fully identify with it.
I am downright addicted to it, can you tell very much? :-D

I'm a responsible mum since summer 2020, but in my heart felt forever 17 (in my head sometimes too :-D), and somehow "a la folie" brings across this change and at the same time constant believably. I'm still the same, yet changed in one fell swoop. My needs no longer come first, I have to always decide for the best for a little person who wouldn't exist without me, and honestly? Sometimes I'm scared shitless of doing something gravely wrong. However, when my little mouse squeals happily at me, reaches her sticky little hands out to me and gurgles "mamamamam"...I know I can't do too much wrong. My daughter makes me stronger, more vulnerable, even more confident and mindful of what's important, just like "A la folie". I love them both, but my child 1 billion times more. That's still a huge compliment to "A la folie".

Nuit Tresor a la Folie and it’s magical tricks
This looks like and is a gem to me. It smells like a sweet potion infused with redcurrant and spices. There is a cherry-kissed tonka bean sweetness and a magical red-fruit stinginess and twinkling feeling. The vanillic benzoin offers warmth and depth to the scent. The rose feels somehow chocolatey, sprinkled with cocoa powder, it sometimes even gives me chocolate truffle "illusions". Now if it could only be a bit more intense because what I get is so gorgeous that I can't get enough of it. It has a very strange property in terms of how it is perceived. It is such a deep scent that you have to look for it and go through an olfactory "digging" process. So the scent is potentially but not actually there and all the fun is about trying to "catch" it. Nuit Tresor a la folie is definitely a treasure worth to be found.
Seductive
This fragrance I find better than its predecessor La nuit Tresor.
It is sweeter and brings an oriental, spicy vibe.
Super sillage, durability and a compliment-getter.
Suitable as an evening fragrance, date-night scent.
Especially in the cold seasons.
(Y)
Runa
Melting contents in hard shell
This perfume is certainly not the most suitable candidate to try on with your first comment.
I dare to do it anyway, because apart from the abundance of comments, mine is not decisive here and because ... and because, well... La Nuit Trésor À La Folie and I don't have such a close and hot relationship, but actually only on certain occasions do we (literally) make contact with each other. In other words, if I were "it" (La Nuit Trésor À La Folie) - I would feel totally neglected ... :(

Nothing happens by chance and there is a reason for that with us, between us, and when I look inside myself like this, it is more based on respect than anything else. Through our togetherness La Nuit Trésor À La Folie embodies a special charisma and elegance for me and is neither an all-world nor an everyday perfume - La Nuit Trésor À La Folie is not hot, but like ice cream!
The thick glass flacon is huge, heavy and very solid, with a hint of diamond-cut. The dark, gradient colouring between black and red has a magical attraction, I feel I'm holding something unusual in my hands.
In contrast to the flacon, the cap is rather inconspicuous, but very fittingly held, simple and very flat, not disturbing or tearing apart the symmetry of the flacon. However, I see a kind of "blemish" in the fact that it is not made of glass, but rather light and made of clear plastic, which means that the coolness of the flacon, which is always felt in the hand and fingers, is not transmitted and felt equally well.

Sprayers left, right, wrists. and then there is why it is not such a hot love with us, because something smoky cold, slightly wicked, I perceive, nothing expects sweet or warm is there. That may be the combination of the top note, and I discover something of cooled and burnt wood, perhaps from the base note During the first hour À La Folie builds up a certain kind of "coolness and above all distance" towards me despite direct physical contact - I don't (no longer) try to smell the scent of À La Folie. Rather, it's like this, now and then, through movements you make, to perceive the perfume here and there in the spikes it radiates, because À La Folie is and remains actually very close to your body. But these "tips" are warm, slightly fruity, berry-like, and when I want to have more of it, to "sniff" for the fragrance again, I notice more and more over time how this cool distance gives way to a lovely, sweet, sometimes fruity warmth instead of its broadness - but the radiance and elegance is still preserved. À La Folie develops its own special aura in his playing, which becomes more and more creamy, almost even feels like this (felt in the head) in the end.

À La Folie is a special perfume in my collection. Compared to the others, it's not "straight" from beginning to end, but alternately magical and remains enchanting. After all, it's the same perfume that was once applied.

With À La Folie, I only get warmer with time, and I have long since taken over this for myself, because I know of no better way to go out and simply play the melting game "à la folies" with it!

PS:
To formulate this here (also consciously for me) in this comment has 2 changes as a result:
1. Adjustment of my valuation by +0.5 and
2. out of the "Outlet" folder!
Thanks for reading and see you next time, maybe ;)

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Hazy bourbon vanilla peers through amber coloured glasses whilst lazing on a velvet chaise. Gaudy, but so decadently gorgeous.

by Tahnee
by Normajean12
by Staerke
by Staerke

Popular Lancôme

Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor Dentelle de Roses by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Oranges Bigarades by Lancôme