La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum 2012

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme
Bottle Design Catherine Krunas
La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Praliné, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.04.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Julia Roberts.

PennyPearl
"Life is beautiful" or "Life is a blast" ...
... whether in the positive or in the negative sense can only judge everyone for themselves.
The prelude is no surprise, it jumps a sugared berries like corn in the pan against, a standard with many playful ladies perfumes, but it also resonates directly something smoky.
The sticky sweetness seems to creep when sniffing directly to the throat, and since I'm not a friend of berry fruitiness, the heart note slays me unpleasantly (but that is of course a matter of taste); I mean to recognize directly a kindred spirit to "Mon Paris" Yves Saint Laurent, very pink, very effervescent, very fruity, but somehow also special-be-wanting.
It follows powdery fruitiness, the iris gives everything (which I find positive), but there is of course still a lot of jam (by now it is orange marmalade) sticks in the scent mush,
and "stormy trickles the sugar" that it tickles the nose like Ahoy sherbet in the mouth.
Henceforth, one waits for the redeeming soft smoky vanilla, which softens the sugary fruit salad and finally expels.

There is to my sensation hardly a fragrance with such a recognition value, cheap it does not smell, rarely I found a fragrance but also so penetrating.
Especially on other people I do not like the perfume at all (often it is yes the other way around, you like to sniff many things rather on others and can not stand it on yourself),
but here I find, a spritz on your own neck is sometimes ok, you perceive your own perfume yes not so extreme, but I feel him, with me as on others, always rather as a disguise and never coherent and really advantageous.
Based on one person who wore it frequently at work, I perceive the scent as oddly stale but would-be youthful, somehow wistful and forlorn ala "Oh, everything was nicer when I was in my early 20s!"

So, now the question remains whether I own/ owned this perfume or just tested it:
and, you can hardly believe it, but I still have it in the closet, and indeed the 75ml bottle, if already, then already :D
It happened that I stranded years ago with my mother in the perfumery in front of the shelf with this perfume, he was new, he was hyped, I thought then still, something like that could please me well and fit me.
Once sprayed on, my mother: "Yes, why not, if you like it, he is not bad now..." (She herself doesn't wear anything sweet, only very powdery, woody or fresh-floral scents)
Their motto is anyway, if you buy a fragrance, then the larger bottle is worth it, so it was directly clear that it will be 75ml.
Well, so often I have not worn it then, sometimes in winter and autumn, but low doses, because it is just spacey.
I have then quite soon tried to turn on an acquaintance something of the perfume, the sweet Gormanddüfte very much like, but the also still had a full cup of it at home, which did not want to be emptied.

All in all, a massive fragrance that you have to like, if then but please use only a spritzchen before you get tired of him too quickly.
Phenomenon Mainstream - Women's Perfume Review No. 4
Moin you dear Parfumas and Parfumos,

today we deal with the topic of mainstream. And which fragrance fits better than "La vie est belle" by Lancome? Right, none! :-)

(For all the impatient who just want a quick opinion on the fragrance - the review starts as always below)
Mainstream, a word that can not be more frowned upon. And a phenomenon that can be found in all areas. It means as much as mass flow, broken down to the essentials, mainstream means nothing more than pleasing the masses.

Let's take an example from music. Bin Vici is a DJ duo from Israel. And they have managed something that no one has managed before. They are the first Goa DJ's who regularly play at all major festivals in the world on the main stage. They have made Goa suitable for the masses. Now you can guess three times how the die-hard Goa scene is talking about Vini Vici. For this, feeling exclusive scene, Vini Vici is frowned upon and a disgrace to all Goa DJ's. Because they make bad music? Not at all, because the big names in the scene praise their music highly and use tracks in their own sets. So what's the reason? The suspicion is that suddenly everyone calls themselves a goafan because they listen to Vini Vici. And nothing is worse for the (supposedly) exclusive scene than not being exclusive anymore. So they smile at Vini Vici and their fans. And judge in forums sharply and not objectively about their music. Because Vini Vici doesn't just want to create psychedelic works of art, but to inspire a broad mass with their music. And they manage to do that.

Here, however, you can take almost any area of life. Fashion, film and television, sports, music, perfume. Mainstream is ubiquitous. And everywhere, especially the really big mainstreamers have only two camps. Those who love it and those who hate it. Almost, like FC Bayern. Ask 100 people about their favorite club and ask 100 people about their "hate club". Bayern will win both polls.

And as with Vini Vici in the goa scene, La vie est belle is ostracized especially in the "scene", in the community. Does Vini Vici care that the "real goa experts" (the scene) are harshly hostile to her? Not one bit. Does Lancome think about the "fine noses", the perfume connoisseurs ripping her fragrance to shreds? Probably not. Because success proves them both right.

And here lies the crux of the matter. Mainstream wants to appeal to a broad mass. Mainstream wants to please. And in all street surveys among "laymen" La vie est belle" is always far ahead. The fragrance does what it's supposed to do and what it was made for. And a rating of 6.4 is simply not objective. Period! Every fragrance twin listed here comes out better. Even the ones from Tom Tailor and La Rive. Is that objective anymore? La vie est belle was certainly not meant to be a work of fragrance art, but a fragrance that the masses would like and that would make perfume even more accessible to "normies". And they succeeded in doing that. Is mainstream therefore bad? Certainly not. I have Niko shoes. I listen to pop music from time to time. I like to watch the occasional blockbuster. And I wear one of the several mainstream designer fragrances from time to time. Today Dylan Blue. Smells good ;-). Nevertheless I am and remain independent and unique. Because not what I wear defines me. But what I do, say and think. Mainstream is no one who wears La vie est belle or who listens to Vini Vici. But this chatter and slating of mainstream, that's who!!! Uniqueness is not something I need to present to the outside world. On the contrary. The urge to do so, is more mainstream than anything I know. Of course, it's difficult for a sommelier to evaluate supermarket wines. But honestly? Then he shouldn't. And when I see La vie est belle being rated 0.5 here in some cases, it gets ridiculous. The fragrance pyramid is known in advance. The goal that this perfume pursues also. And yet, some here fall backwards in shock when they realized that a "sweet-synthetic one-size-fits-all" is served here. Well.....then let's just see what I think of this fragrance. Quite fairly rated. Not by the standards I set for a Roja or Xerjoff. That would be finally crazy. ;-)

Let's go:

The bottle: 10/10

Solid heavy glass, beautiful curved shape. Good sprayer. In short, stylish and a real eye-catcher. The same goes for the name. Great marketing, Good off Lancome!

The fragrance: 8/10

Let's give in to the scent progression. The fragrance starts with a sweet, synthetic and loud pear and a, for me a little too "scratchy" (because caramelized?) Currant. The prelude is already very opulent and mMn. a little too much of a good thing. But it is neither unbearable nor does it give me a headache. It is just a neat sweet "Haudrauf" top note. For me, as I said, unfortunately at the beginning still a little too scratchy and not quite round. Here I simply lack a soft counterpart. This comes, however, already short moments later in the form of the floral fragrance notes. These give the fragrance the depth it needs to become coherent. And now the sweet base notes are coming more and more to the fore. Tonka and vanilla (synthetic, of course, but that's okay!) take over a bit now and stay until the end. The initial scratchiness has now given way to a, still slightly burnt, but no longer annoying sugar note. There's almost a bit of popcorn stuck in a bouquet of flowers. Patchouli rounds out the scent. All in all, I can very much see why La vie est belle is the best selling women's fragrance of the last 10 years. He just smells very pleasing.

Short form: a, at the beginning unfortunately a little too scratchy fragrance, but then becomes a round (synthetic) sweet fragrance with floral touches and especially from the heart and in the base is really nice.

Durability: 8/10

Short and sweet - per hour one point.The fragrance survives 8 hours in any case. On the clothes clearly longer present.

Sillage: 9/10

The first three hours very present and almost room-filling. Also in the hours 4-6 it is enough for an experience in the elevator.

Wearability: 5/10

Here lies the great weakness of the fragrance and unfortunately the reason why many dislike it. Dear ladies, no, this fragrance is with 8 sprays certainly not a fragrance for the office or the suburban train. No also in high summer is rather nothing. But also here, let's stay fair. Who, apart from perfumos has more than one or two perfumes at home? Who distinguishes between summer and winter scents? That's right, no one - except us. Still, the fragrance very much I fall/winter due to the heavy sillage and heaviness. And again. The dose makes the poison. 3 sprays are enough here completely.

Compliments: 8/10

This thing works. Properly dosed this fragrance comes simply super. Mainstream halt :-P

Price / performance: 8.5/10

Honestly? 200ml for 100.00 € are already a fair price. Nice that there are times a women's perfume with 200ml. P / L therefore fits completely.

Conclusion:

Completely unjustly torn in the air fragrance, which was not without reason the best seller from the house Lancome. Almost everyone, outside the "scene" will find this fragrance great. For "normalos" a clear purchase recommendation.

Hanseatic greetings ⚓
La Vie est Belle
I confess, I bought the perfume because of the advertising with Julia and made a blind purchase.I have not regretted it.I love this heavy, floral and sensual fragrance that may accompany me all day and me umwabert.I like the durability, do not like fragrances that you have to constantly Nachsprühen.Men like him apparently not quite as much, but you are woman enough that may decide for themselves.
Olfactory caries threatens....
Two sprays on the wrist and the nose on it.... and a fruity-sweet wrecking ball hits me....es pass several hours before the heavy sweetness thins out to leave a milder, more pleasant vanilla sweetness.

Very many ladies love this fragrance - I will not be one of them.
Even if he comes along attenuated quite nice, the beginning is too bulky and not distinctive so "hard candy moderately" but quite a few fragrances begin....
Nadine21287
My little story about la vie est belle
Back when he appeared, I have pretty briskly 2 30ml bottles almost devoured.

Then I have him years not worn, at some point then become aware of a dupe and I thought, I Try it times. Since several years have passed, I could not remember the original exactly. But the dupe was so so pungent and really not pretty. I couldn't figure out how I could like this scent so much. And yet I tried to explain it to myself so that my taste has probably changed with time.

Now, 2 years after the dupe blunder, I blindly bought an original bottle and put it on "all or nothing" and now I know what was so horrible about the dupe. La vie est belle starts very strong/opulent/ almost pungent. Develops with me but very creamy and gentle, despite the absolutely terrific H+S.

With the Dupe the stinging never disappeared into the background.

La vie est belle has again become one of my favorites and rightly so :-)
Met by chance...
I have to start by saying that I haven't been going to perfume shops for a while. Therefore, I'm quite long 'come around' this throw. He is already a few years on the market. But fl... be thanks, I got to know him recently and find him worth a comment on my part.

After spraying on, rises me immediately the currant in the nose. Jui... Intense... Also the pear and iris does not let wait long on my skin.... Hmmm... Very pleasant.

Over time, the scent becomes much softer, but it's still there and present.

Overall, I find the perfume sweet, floral but also somewhat sensual and it lasts almost all day on my skin. Feminine but not too 'ladylike'.

Meanwhile, I bought a small bottle, because the fragrance is good for my everyday life.
Signature scent
This perfume is for me the perfect Pondon to Dior Sauvage (for men). A perfect all-rounder, which holds very long and has a very very good silage.
La Vie est Belle is an expressive and powerful, yet strongly feminine fragrance.
As a man, you quickly have the impression that many women's fragrances go in the direction of sweet and pludrig. This fragrance is different without being negative. On the contrary, he brings consistently positive comments and convinces with a unique note.
I can not quite understand the bad reviews in my eyes. This perfume is the best seller in every Douglas and can be worn by women of all ages.
Women and especially young ladies can't go wrong with this perfume. It looks sexy, loud and confident.
Greeting Vector
Forever Love
2012 I was 16 and Christmas was coming up soon, I had a fragrance wish again, how could it be different :D

Which scent it should be exactly, I had not even thought of until then.

Mom and I went to Douglas to see if there was anything I liked, I liked a lot of things but I was 100% convinced that there was none
1 week later it was the end of November I saw it on TV and a commercial from Lancome appeared, Julia Roberts was on it (one of my favourite actresses)
I looked at it and it was a new scent, the advertising captivated me and I immediately decided to go back to Douglas the next day.

I saw the new stand at Douglas and the bottle fascinated me somehow, I sprayed it on and thought OMG! NO ! this is not for me.
Disappointed back home, I hung up my jacket in the wardrobe and suddenly smelled something very tasty *.* it was the jacket, it was the smell now it was so of mine! I could not stop smelling it, I had to have it!
(Unfortunately, he is nowadays already one of the standard fragrances that almost everyone has)
The durability is the
HAMMER lasts much longer with me than zb Alien, and you can smell it yourself very long (24 hours no problem, on clothes zb scarf, jacket 1 week!!) which is sometimes not the case with scents although they are strong
And yes it is a strong fragrance but I don't find it pungent or annoying in my opinion. After 1-2 hours you can smell what the scent can actually do

Funfair,Vanilla,Warmth,Feel Good,Feminine,Sensual,Noble,Special,Sexy.

La vie est douce-
- or in plain English: Life is sweet. First of all: you may think of "LVeB" whatever you want. Even if it is only distance. One thing you gotta give Lancôme, though. They have created a modern mainstream classic. I don't have any exact sales figures to hand, but I'm sure that "LVeB" is one of the, if not the, best-selling perfume(s) of the past decade. At least the most successful newly released fragrance of the 201X'er. You have to appreciate it- the merketing, the Julia Roberts ads, the name, the bottle. The whole concept is very appealing. And yes, "LVeB" has inspired many fragrances that have been released after it. Whether you love or hate it - it deserves recognition.

Let's get down to the fragrance itself. I have to admit, I got caught up in the hype back then. "La Vie est Belle" was a (half) blind buy. I'm sure I'd tested it a few times, but I never made a judgment call. When there was a big bottle for a ridiculous price, I took it. What could go wrong ? I love sweet scents. Since then, the beautiful bottle has adorned my glass case. But now let's come to the fragrance :

Immediately after spraying on, the smell of caramelized popcorn rises into my nose. After only a few seconds a rather dominant currant joins in - fruity and slightly sour. Acidic fruits and I are a little bit on war footing. Already in "Sì" it was the currant liqueur that makes the scent unbearable for me. But I find the currant note in "La Vie est Belle" tolerable, even if it gives the fragrance a certain scratchiness in the top note, which I could confidently do without. It takes the sweetness out of the sails a bit and even seems a bit harsh in itself, although the fragrance always remains quite sugary - with time it becomes more floral, although I can't identify the flowers individually. However, the flowers are caramelised, with a dash of currant jam. That way the scent remains. The currant never disappears completely, at least not on my skin. After about 8 hours I only notice a delicate touch on my skin - on my clothes it lasts even longer. Also the Sillage is quite strong. You can easily overdose it. 2 splashes are enough for me - and my fellow men - completely.

Now for my conclusion. Maybe I should wear "La Vie est Belle" more often, at least next fall. He did not deserve the ignorance - 10ml in 2 years is not a good consumption value. I love the caramelized flowers, the warmth and the fine popcorn note. Sillage is also convincing, as well as the durability. The only drop of melancholy is the currant. Acidic-fruity notes often seem quite scratchy and inharmonious in combination with a rather heavy sweetness. But this is my personal impression. Fortunately, it is not too much in focus - just a fine disturbing note. Nevertheless I find the fragrance quite beautiful. "Flowerbomb" remains my favourite of the "sugar bomb fraction", because the sour fruit is missing. There are only caramelized flowers, so beautiful! Nevertheless, I will pay more attention to "La Vie est Belle" in future. It is sexy, feminine and sweet. A beautiful fragrance that also goes down very well with others.

Lancôme has done everything right and created a modern classic

La Vie est Belle, or "Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication" - DaVinci
I felt a review was in order as LVEB has become my signature fragrance.

I guess you can say I like the basics; basic like a string of pearls, a well-tailored black suit, and tasteful black leather stilettos. This is the type of "basic" that I perceive of La Vie est Belle.

The composition opens with an enveloping sweetness that somehow manages a concurrent delicacy; like a dancing ballerina, she seems frail but her bones and musculature are strong and true, vibrant and ready. Don't mistake her dexterity for mere frivolity; on the contrary: feminine, sweet, rich and decadent, if you're looking for a candied personal scent cloud, give LVEB a go. This composition is very artfully, masterfully, and deliberately engineered to be precisely what she is.

I heard a YouTube reviewer say in description of this fragrance, something like "La Vie est Belle is basic but it's basic done to perfection". I concur with her wholeheartedly; this treasure has conquered me completely and I say that without shame, dazzled by the sheer beauty of this simple, yet iconic fragrance.

If she loves you (as she loves me - my chemistry, that is) - she will love you passionately and completely.
Fragrance: Still a 10/10.
Performance including projection, sillage, and longevity: 10/10
Value: Superb. To me, worth so much more than present asking prices, I'm grateful to have fallen for this attainable, simply beautiful basic.

I am eternally mesmerized.

ScentilityScentility 2 months ago
Where have I been? I have just discovered my absolute favorite! Vanilla black currant patchouli iris beauty! Signature worthy scent. Perfect
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
La vie est....gourmande! The blackcurrant-praliné combo dominates the bouquet giving a very sweet character to the scent.Pleasant in winter
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Guilty pleasure, once a year. Killer sillage/longevity, why can’t my other perfumes be this strong? Extra cold days praline/Iris/o.b hug.
OPomoneOPomone 6 years ago
If you married a woman of taste, don't give her La Vie est Belle on her birthday or she might file for divorce.

by Ginger
by Lolita2903
by Lolita2903
by LucyLou
by LucyLou
Dank den tollen Babauba-Mundschutz weiß man auch in Coronazeiten welcher Duft getragen wird ;-) (zumindest wenn die FFP2 Maskenpflicht in Bayern wieder gelockert wird)
by AOther
by Lovelikewhoa
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Peut-Être (2020) by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Toilette Florale by Lancôme