La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum 2012

AFreimann
01.12.2019 - 01:34 PM

La Vie est Belle, or "Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication" - DaVinci

I felt a review was in order as LVEB has become my signature fragrance.

I guess you can say I like the basics; basic like a string of pearls, a well-tailored black suit, and tasteful black leather stilettos. This is the type of "basic" that I perceive of La Vie est Belle.

The composition opens with an enveloping sweetness that somehow manages a concurrent delicacy; like a dancing ballerina, she seems frail but her bones and musculature are strong and true, vibrant and ready. Don't mistake her dexterity for mere frivolity; on the contrary: feminine, sweet, rich and decadent, if you're looking for a candied personal scent cloud, give LVEB a go. This composition is very artfully, masterfully, and deliberately engineered to be precisely what she is.

I heard a YouTube reviewer say in description of this fragrance, something like "La Vie est Belle is basic but it's basic done to perfection". I concur with her wholeheartedly; this treasure has conquered me completely and I say that without shame, dazzled by the sheer beauty of this simple, yet iconic fragrance.

If she loves you (as she loves me - my chemistry, that is) - she will love you passionately and completely.
Fragrance: Still a 10/10.
Performance including projection, sillage, and longevity: 10/10
Value: Superb. To me, worth so much more than present asking prices, I'm grateful to have fallen for this attainable, simply beautiful basic.

I am eternally mesmerized.

Latest Reviews

AFreimannAFreimann 2 years ago
Spongebob Squarepants - Spongebob - Petite Beaute

Spongebob Squarepants - Spongebob Spongebob Squarepants EDT
In the US, I found one of these online for under $10 USD and have to say the price is right. The scent is nice, though it opens quite strongly, it quickly fades to a skin scent. I haven't tried wearing it on clothing or textiles yet. The...

AFreimannAFreimann 2 years ago
Poupée - Rochas

Poupée Strawberry Shortcake Doll in a Bottle
Created by Perfumer Anne Flipo, Poupee is a delightful, playful, quirky fragrance that is very true to the name (which is French for "doll", not to be confused with poop by the ignorant and/or immature). I find the scent linear,...