Lavandes Trianon 2016

Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme
Lavandes Trianon is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Caramel, Lavender absolute, Madagascan vanilla, Provençal lavender, Milk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.09.2020.

The scent is part of the collection "Les Parfums Grands Crus".

Caramel Overkill
since I like the combination of lavender and vanilla very much, I got myself a 10 ml bottle from Lavandes Trianon by a dear perfumista and was already thinking out of anticipation whether I should not order a bottle immediately - the scents and comments had delighted me so much.

Now I've been testing him for three days and I can say we're not becoming friends.
The lavender comes on my skin again and again very beautifully through and also the vanilla I like - but with the rest I can unfortunately not conform. After two to three hours my perception of the fragrance is only annoyingly sweet, sticky and far too much of everything except the lavender I'm also missing some finesse - after three hours only vanilla and lavender waft and that's it. I prefer to get the eau de parfum "Lavande intensif" from Leblanc - 12 ml only cost 9,90 Euro - and for my nose these two smell quite similar. For the time when I feel like cuddling, the rich one must *g

Lavender field at dusk
I was once handed by an SA a ceramic tester heavily sprayed with Lavandes Trianon, and I was not thrilled at all by its dense cloud of generic gourmand tonka vanilla. But when I got around to try it on my skin, the result is much better.

It opens on my skin as a vivid purple lavender. It's not at all like the metallic, ultra-clean note in certain mainstream masculine sport fragrances. Here, the lavender is aromatic and herbal in a gritty, earthy, deep and resinous way, sometimes even a bit like burnt rubber.

As the fragrance enters into the dry down, the latter nuance shifts gradually into a soft burnt caramel and dried hay undertone thanks to the quiet arrival of vanilla and tonka bean. The initial lively herbal vigour is also soothed by the comfort of vanilla. I was a bit wary whether its commercial gourmand vanilla-tonka base previously observed on the ceramic tester would take over the fragrance. But as long as I'm careful with the amount applied on my skin, Lavandes Trianon is foremost a lavender soliflore, and the vanilla and tonka bean in the base behave more like a filter to soften the contour in a picture.

Although Lavandes Trianon is mostly linear, its tone does shift from the opening to the dry down. If the opening is a field of lavender at dusk, releasing its aromatic yet resinous redolence after bathing under the Mediterranean sun, this field is then caressed by the vanilla like a balmy summer breeze of early evening. I get a moderate sillage during the most part of its 8-hour longevity.

While Lavandes Trianon might not be the most complex lavender fragrance, it does display a wide range of earthy, deep nuances that are rarely featured in mainstream offerings. Its gourmand base also manifests in a measured manner as long as I don't overapply, which helps to avoid triggering gourmand fatigue too often. Personally, I find it more "lavender" and less gourmand than Rochas Man and Mugler A*Men. Although I would hesitate to recommend it to fans of fresh lavender fragrances, Lavandes Trianon would be an interesting option to consider if one ever wants to venture into gourmand territory, and vice-versa for lavender-phobe gourmand fan.

Ronny1987Ronny1987 9 months ago
I really like this one. Nice strong, but yet subtle blast of lavender with milky vanillic base. Great casual. Easy to understand. Nice!

by IoanaP
by IoanaP
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Ninis
by Ninis

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Oranges Bigarades by Lancôme Tubéreuses Castane by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Toilette Florale by Lancôme