Magnifique (2008) Eau de Parfum

Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme

Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, May rose, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesNagarmotha, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.07.2019

9.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

The Woman in Red
If all this happens to me, if I wear this fragrance, what happens to her...it's all right with me ;-)
Because if the fragrance goes through its various phases and now rests in itself, I could imagine that it fits a woman like Kelly LeBrock, who wrote film history in 1984 in the movie "The Woman in Red" similar to Marylin Monroe with an air shaft scene. In both cases there is a man present, one right next to it, the other somewhat distant and very taken with the hustle and bustle of the respective lady. The latter almost falls down his chin because of the lascivious dance of the lady on the air shaft grid and you can hear his excited beating heart. Both gentlemen are more than enthusiastic about the sexy performances of the ladies and flee either in their fantasies or in real, in one adventure after the other, to draw attention to themselves and impress. The courtship behavior of the man has hardly changed in the intervening years of the films and so the attempts at imposing on both of them naturally cause one or the other hearty laugh.
But back to Magnifique. Red is absolutely fitting. Deep red, fatal red, alarm red, signal red. This fragrance wants to attract attention and does so. Whoever wears it will do the same to him. I know similar scents or some with one of his notes in them, but none are like him. This concentrated power paired with sensuality and maybe a little more...there goes the head cinema!
His movie starts loud and somehow a moment totally citric, really tingly fresh. But after a few moments this disappears and the saffron emerges. Already here I sniff out a well-known note, but put it aside a bit, it should not distract from the further course. A beautiful and very rich, dense rose-jasmine cloud covers the top note, which gives it a beautiful and very noble floral flap, but also a warm sensuality. The suspiciously known note still wobbles along, even gets a little stronger. I'll wait and see. For a few minutes the fragrance stops, then the Nagarmotha incense note slowly adds to the fragrance, giving it a gentle herbaceous quality. Don't be afraid, here it doesn't smell of green or brown, it just steers a gentle astringency, a slight bitterness and to it and prevents "Magnifique" from drifting too much into the jasmine sweetness. The wood and vetiver support the project very harmoniously and despite its fullness and opulence, the densely woven veil of fragrance and the full-blooded heart note, which is slightly slowed down, this fragrance never falls into the ordinary, kitschy or even unpleasant. The notes lift heart and mood and can be responsible for one or the other spontaneous reaction. Maybe we're not dancing in red dress on an air shaft grid, but maybe in jeans and a lightly unbuttoned white blouse a few steps in the park? Instead of lasciviously circling the curves, we enjoy the warm spring air that meanders through the blouse? In any case "Magnifique" is able to inspire, his cheerful-sensuous nature certainly instigates a few hormones to crazy play. Oh yes and the suspiciously known note I noticed carries the DNA of "Trésor". It can always be heard in the background and I like it even better in "Magnifique" than in the original fragrance itself. Durability is top and the Sillage is strong. You should be reasonable and merciful in your dosage.
And who knows: Maybe you enchant someone with it and become his "Woman in Red".
That would be "Magnifique"...!
7.0 7.0 7.5 7.5/10

Magnifique-the new treasure
Magnifique von Lancome was given to me in 2014 by my daughter on Mother's Day. I tested it once, and I liked it. Probably my daughter was there. Anyway, she also tested it and found it good. Very generous of her to save so much money together to make her mom a joy. It's not a bargain for a teenager, after all. And meanwhile it is only traded at exorbitant prices since it was hired.

Magnifique is not a discreet fragrance with its spicy-floral-sweet-woody pompous scent character. He plays in the league of fragrances like Tresor, also from Lancome. I think it's very similar to this scent. Like Tresor, Magnifique also has this very warm, fruity, flowery, spicy radiance with a flowery sweetness.

Magnifique begins with this sweet-spicy saffron fragrance and is immediately accompanied by a good portion of jasmine and many sweet roses. The scent radiates a lot of warmth, which reminds me of the peach-rose mixture of Tresor. The base still appears warm, but also woody with lots of sandalwood. I can't hear Vetiver, he always smells out. But I guess this is where he goes down in the flowery sweetness. I'm afraid that's all I can smell. I don't know how Nagarmotha smells. Overall, the fragrance is very compact and does not undergo any great development.

A beautiful, very feminine fragrance that is sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet. One should dose Magnifique however already rather carefully, otherwise it becomes too pompous. And I like it better than the current safe because it doesn't smell so artificial and somehow looks rounder and more balanced. He's still a wummser.

I gave my daughter my own bottle sometime, because she used my bottle again and again.

Supplement 7.9.2018:
I got a bargain: a full 30 ml bottle for 15 Euro. For bunkering.....
10.0 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Briarthorn
The perfect balance. Worth every cent.
This is a review from a 2008 formulation, not the newest formulation

It opens with a strong saffron and a bit of powder (just a hint from the rose I think). There is a slight spice but not distinct enough to say for sure it's caraway. I actually think it may be the cypriol oil. I don't get any of the rye bread caraway scent, anyhow. There is definitely that synthetic thing going on that others have complained about but it's not too overpowering to ruin the scent for me. I wish there was a bit more warmth in this though. The opening has an unfinished feeling to it.

Now we get to the magic of this one. The heart. I checked back in after an hour of application and I am getting a sweet rose. Very similar to the rose in Tresor, I can see why people compare the two. But unlike Tresor there is Saffron behind this rose cutting the sweetness and adding more depth to this composition and grounding the sweet rose. It's lovely. The warmth I wanted in the opening is here in the heart thanks to the saffron and spice (maybe caraway most likely the cypriol oil, but I still can't say for sure). The spice is subtle and soft, a very goldilocks amount. Not too much, not too little. Perfect. The synthetic thing is all gone now too.

I'm checking in on the dry down nine hours after application. It's definitely a skin scent now but it's a beautiful soft sweet floral with a slight hint of sandalwood. There is also a memory of the saffron and spice that sits behind the sandalwood and rose.

Yea. I love it.

Nov
2014
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Magnifique
What i notice about Lancome perfumes
that they have an distinct scent apart
from other fragrances lancome has a sweetish light and woody texture
notice Poeme Miracle Hypnose Tresore
and Hypnose senses all have this sweet vanilla
and woodsy scent that is sort of their
trademark.

The top note starts with saffron with
it's woody & sweet accord with the spicy drydown of Caraway. the middle dries to a Velvety scent of crushed Red
roses and fiery Sandalwood i can detect
a vanilla note in this so i think they
should place an vanilla note in the
note cards.

The color of the flacon is beautiful deep Ruby Red on top but dilutes to a
Clear Crystal at the bottom the sunset
motif beneth the red sky very cleaver
7.5 5.0 4.0/10

Synthetic flowers
Oh no, no, no, NO! This fragrance had me cringing from the very first spray.

Sure, Magnifique is unique, but perhaps Lancome took their new daring approach to making fragrances a little too far this time.

I really expected Magnifique to smell magnificent; rich, elegant, powerful and almost regal. Honestly I don't find anything wonderful about smelling like a piece of burnt plastic and synthetic flowers.

The alcohol is so strong in this fragrance, it almost wipes out the notes completely. I have smelt cheap drugstore deoderants that smell better than Magnifique.

If you can manage to get past the overly strong opening notes without washing this scent off, the scent does improve slightly. Magnifique becomes a woodsy fragrance, yet I'd say it is more masculine smelling than feminine.

I very rarely get headaches from fragrances, yet Magnifique has succeeded in giving me one. I think it's because of the strong caraway and vetiver notes.

I don't know if I could ever recommend this fragrance, I'm rather glad I don't work behind a Lancome fragrance counter, otherwise I'd have to lie and don a false smile everytime someone bought this fragrance.

masterpiece!
This scent is a circular skin scent on me. At first I smell a sweet tobacco, then vanilla, then tobacco, then vanilla. The dance continues until the base where they stand arm in arm exhausted and calm. The entire time I could smell both at the same time. Very well blended and beautiful, but did not last as long as I had hoped.

Jazzy76 19 months ago
A pleasant spicy-flowery scent , where the saffron opening notes are very noticeable.Quite good the bottle too.+1
6.0

by Echtdufte
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Idôle by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme