Ô d'Azur (2010)

Ô d'Azur by Lancôme

Ô d'Azur is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFinger lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.07.2019

Martine
Once again something "very simple"
Vacation. A few days in Barcelona. I have all the time in the world to indulge in the scents of Cortes Ingles. And try some. My beloved Hermessencen (Myrrhe Eglantine begins to please me), the new 1957 from Chanel, also La Pausa, even Molinard fragrances, which I did not know until now (Chypre Charnel is interesting).

And despite all my enthusiasm, suddenly the desire for a "simple" fragrance arises in me. A fragrance like before, when I wasn't so spoiled olfactorically and could be very happy when the perfumes just worked well on me, like Allure by Chanel or No. 4 by Jil Sander.

My search focus changes immediately, suddenly I find myself at the Lancom stand. And reach for O d'Azur. And sniff something. Try O de Lancome, too. So, exciting. O de Lancome doesn't work. It must have appeared in 1969. You can smell it. But O d'Azur attracts me. I'll buy it!

I'm not so interested in the fragrances in the foreground, the citric ones in the opening, the rose and the peony in the heart note. I'm not even sure I can spot the rose as such. Anyway, it smells clearly flowery, not fruity.

As always, I am more interested in the plasticity of the fragrance. And I like it. It surrounds me a rather firm, not cloudy fraying fragrance field, with little Sillage, but close to the body warm and round. The "consistency" reminds of the fresh warmth in a pine forest in the late afternoon at heat. There is a lot of oxygen...and also a slight wood note, which is often very synthetic in newer fragrances. But here is bearable and fortunately very enigmatic.

You read O d'Azur doesn't smell intense. Seems to me that's what's wanted. Here the haptic is in the foreground. You can breathe freely, and yet there is something enveloping, warm summery.

All in all a beautiful fragrance with an acceptable shelf life (6 to 8 hours). A perfect modern interpretation of the famous O de Lancome! And an excellent choice if you want it to be something "quite simple" again!

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

pudelbonzo
The bearable lightness of being
Yesterday I was in a brooding mood and couldn't do anything right.

Doubts about the world in general - and about me in particular - hung like a heavy, black cloud above me.

It occurred to me how the translator examination of the London Chamber of Commerce was brewing, and the whole seminar broke out in nervousness.
I was at the front of the scary ones, of course.
But it wasn't the tricky topics I had to deal with that kept me down, but the creepy public transport from Bo to Essen.
Indeed no world trip, but already the idea of an overcrowded S train robbed me of my sleep.

I entrusted myself to a resolute fellow inmate, and she offered me her strong shoulder to lean on.
I survived the ghost train ride standing upright.
When I entered the examination hotel, a millstone had fallen from me - and I was the only good-humoured person among the pale waiting.
Friendly I smiled in dense faces, went light-heartedly into the test, and passed it with joy.

And this feeling of lightness after depression is also conveyed by Azur.
It creates optimism without exuberance, and creative joy without actionism.
Azur makes legs, but you stay on the carpet.
Citrus caviar appears apart sweet - sour, and gives momentum, but the rose aroma dims gently so you don't take off.
Further grounding is provided by the wood notes.

An honest, cheerful fragrance that doesn't fool you - but draws your attention to the positive.

He whispers - completely in the sense of my grandmother - Who wants to create must be cheerful.
8.0 7.0 6.0 7.0/10

Clean and refreshing
It is meant to be worn in summer :its fizzy opening and the flowery -fresh heart give a clean and refreshing result . It's a very pleasant scent perfect in the hottest days. Less citrusy and vibrant than the original O by Lancome , I find it easy to wear and modern , adapt to all ages, when you need a soft and fresh cocoon.

Ein Rest Sommerwärme...
by Thornyrose
by DarkMatter
by DarkMatter

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Idôle by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme