Poême (1995) Eau de Parfum

Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

Poême (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blue poppy, Angel's trumpet, Green notes, Mandarin, Narcissus, Peach, Plum, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Leather, Mimosa, Orange blossom, Rose, Tuberose, Vanilla blossom, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Poeme & I...
ENDLICH!
At last I have you...
First of all be greeted dear perfume fans,
in order to tell the story of me and Poeme, I have to travel a few years into the past... When I was still in training, (10 years ago) I smelled this fabulous fragrance for the first time on a patient, I had to address you immediately on this great fragrance and asked you which fragrance she wears... Her answer was Poeme of Lancome.
The next day I had to go to Douglas immediately to try it out again, he still smelled as good as the day before. I didn't have to wait long until a lady who worked at Douglas approached me and asked me if she could help me, I said yes I would love to buy this fragrance. The woman looked at me and said that I was much too young for this fragrance and advised me from this purchase on, and went with me to other fragrances which in your opinion fit better to me... Well, end of song, I didn't buy that scent. =(

Now almost 10 years later I had a sample of the Poeme in my exchange package and zack I'm back immediately away from this great fragrance, I just love it it smells fresh and fruity, lingers for a long time and just fits me perfectly. I ordered him to me, he arrived today and I had to spray myself full xD finally we are united. Never again without YOU! ;))
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Santalwalti
I love your colors, the full tone...
Painting with words from flowers
A glow and singing and hovering
Where trees guard the flowers
And wondrous birds live

I follow the tracks in the garden
Release my bird, track it down
Not long do I have to wait
There he finds his room < br />
With roses and freesias he sits down
With grace he sings his song
He lures me until I'm near him < br /> I feel like he sees me

His praise and praise is swarming
As if his singing was alone for me
The beautiful, strange melody -
Oh, colorful, little bird, so speak...

Your sweet magic fills my air < br /> Vanilla, Tonka and Ylang Ylang
Bewitching, loving - this is your fragrance
I turn to it in exuberance

Until dizziness makes me stagger < br /> I love your colors, the full tone
Poetry that sounds dancing and sings
I was seduced by the 'Blue Poppy'

This fragrance bears the appropriate name. It's perfect and beautiful. Out of sheer respect and fear of not being able to find the right words, I have dodged to the form of a poem. Who wants to know it more exactly and to read it in complete sentences, the very apt, inspired comment of Mrs. Lohse is recommended to that.

Thank you, my dear Solstice, for this food tasting.
After extensive testing Poême immediately moved from my wish list to my wish list.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Sunny Girl
Summer, Sun, Juicy Fruit.
The best mood Vibes sit like a halo.
Resting Bitch Face? No problem today people on the street actually smile at you. Because you seem to be smiling right now. Well, that.
The first grape hyacinths in Grandma's garden, so beguiling and unforgettable. Memories of L'Air du Temps, the favourite perfume of the equally unforgettable mother. Smell of Freedom waves from a summer long gone. Sun also stands there and drips the juice from the melted Kallipo onto the flip-flops. But they're all good memories. When summer and sun accompanied a seemingly endless time full of heart palpitations, the scent of sun cream, summer dresses, ice cream and pleasantly self-forgotten bliss.
No trace of stress, circulatory problems due to the heat and eternal hours in the ice-cold office.
No. Now it's light and sweetness and warmth. And at full volume, it plays the whole orchestra. Here you can watch the magnolia blossoms in beautiful weather not get a pop 08/15 soundtrack from the commercials but the finest epic film music you can imagine to the blue sky and the warmth on your skin.
Poême does this without getting kitschy but with a certain stringency.
Sunglasses on and grin!

ne me quitte pas
Through a crack in the curtain, a figure squeezes itself. Far-reaching under the weight of a voluminous white coat with a protruding train of a strange material. As soon as she stands properly in the light, a courageous grasp into the coat, she pulls the train forward. Lush soft and radiant, heavy, the coat leaves one shoulder uncovered.

Her smoky, pregnant voice is in tune with a song that tells of loss and happy hours of loneliness, sadness and hope.

Please don't go away.

They say the coat is made of swan feathers. I think it's made of flowers. Flower after flower individually to a gigantic splendid coat, of unique beauty composed. Flowers over flowers that melancholically draw their bittersweet aroma behind them.

Attention the coat warms !

Yummie
I was looking for a fragrance with iris... but powdery Iris not the woody one ;) and landed in my favorite perfumery... somehow I did not find what I was looking for at Iris and my gaze wandered around...I discovered Poeme.

Something rang my bell... did I know this scent? I wasn't sure. From the name it was a term for me but I could not remember if I had it at that time in the 90s or not.

So sprayed and immediately in love.
No... I didn't have that at the time. I would have remembered the scent immediately. So distinctive and unique. Instant love
5.0 6.0 8.0 6.0/10

Golden Poem
Poême opens with sweet white and yellow flowers accompanied by a sort of dirty earthiness. With the time, the dirty scent dissipates and what's left is a perfectly blended sweet flowers. I can sense some tuberose, some peach; otherwise I can't really pick these many notes within. The sillage is moderate on me and it lasts quite a long time.

If it's a poem, it certainly is not a melancholic one. It's sweet, bright, and speaks of the cheerfulness and joy of life. It's shining, just like the gorgeous golden bottle.
4.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

Beautiful...
We know what it's like.. For years you always scurry past it, something happens to whom you smell it and you ask yourself... now it's time for us... it hasn't been for years. The time had yet to come. And finally she's here. Since half a year I am finally mum, and then immediately of twins... a time which I would describe as "beautiful". ... wonderful things are nearest the most difficult, sometimes it is so difficult and then suddenly again incredibly beautiful... so a time hard of miracles. When I gave my little one the bottle again the other night, I was not so creased at all but somehow like inside wrapped in cashmere. Wrapped in Poême. Warm, soft, somehow at home, in my perception, this fragrance is rather unchanging in its course, heavy due to its consistency and somehow indestructible, always there, familiar, cosy, balm on the soul. Like certain things that used to be done in the same way, which wasn't boring, but on the contrary gave security. Spraying the scent again in the evening, he gently steps into his nose as Antoine peacefully empties his bottle. That's how I want to smell for my boys, finally our time has come. And now, first golden September days, he is finally my:)... nice that you exist!

AromaX
A bunch of sultry flowers surrounded by vanilla honey on a sunny day
What can you find inside the bottle?

- A bunch of sultry flowers like jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose, rose and ylang-ylang spreading their heady and suffocating aroma between the landscapes made of honey and vanilla.
- A meadow full of yellow flowers bathing under the golden sunlight.
- Daffodils. The poisonous greenish aroma along the lines of Chloé Narcisse.
- Downy powderness that recalls the fluffy mimosa flowers.
- Warm orange blossom that plays between the seductiveness of a white flower and the powdery blossom dust.
- The poisonous Angel trompet flower or datura similar to Datura Noir by Serge Lutens.
- Blue poppies from Himalaya supposed to be there. Can’t really find them, but can easily imagine the heat of orange and red poppies.
- Abundant character combined with a very strong projection and tenacity. Beware, it can be suffocating!
- An effect of a nourished skin as if it’s moisturized with a reach luxury body cream (similar orange blossom, lily, gardenia and tuberose aroma are often used to perfume luxury nourishing creams). I had a similar effect in Twilly by Hermès.
- An ancestor (one of many) of modern floral oriental perfumes.
7.5 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

An irrational anthem...
This giantess of a perfume is quite a difficult case to me. I guess that it's as hard to understand as its most profound namesakes, cause I'm sure that Lancôme didn't have Humpty Dumpty on its mind when "Poême" was chosen as a name. I was struggling with it since it was launched 20 years ago, and it took me nearly half of them to finally decide that I love the way it burns my olfactory receptors with its datura and narcissus mayhem, as opposed to its mimosa and vanilla comfort. And maybe this is the reason why its bottle always reminded me of a blasting machine, which of course would make a totally inappropriate vessel to contain a poem written with liquid gold. Unless this poem was a revolutionary olfactory manifesto. Well, was it? I'm not sure yet. Maybe Poême was never really meant to be thoroughly understood. Or maybe I was never able to handle its truth.
Poetry is one of the most subjective forms of art humankind has ever created. Because it's just words, and this makes it just a fleeting whiff of air. Because you can't see, touch or hear it (unless someone is reading or reciting it to you, but this subtracts the personal connection). All other arts require one or more senses to be perceived, and they depend on senses to reveal their true form and meaning. Poetry requires just reading, and reading is not a sense. Yes, it also requires vision, but vision here is only the mean. It's the most private of all arts. But on the other hand, it's the only form of art that can quietly make you see, touch, hear and smell the things it deals with.
Yet this befuddling elixir feels more like an incantation than a poem. But what it actually summons still remains a mystery. It's like a shapeless pulsating mist, which every time you take a step closer to it attacks you with such vice that makes you wanna run away, but when you turn your back and take the first step offward, it engulfs you with the most alluring and promising fantasies.
Just like when you desire something with all your heart, but you're scared to death by what it'll take to have it.
And all its qualities, whether good or bad, have a certain escalation.
Like a poem which starts in a seemingly indifferent or incoherent way, making you think that it's not going to be anything more than yet another babble, and suddenly you find yourself sitting on the edge of your seat, enthralled beyond words, trying to understand what has happened and why you're crying.
I have a very old bottle of this beauty, coming from the late '90s, and it has a deep amber colour, not unlike red gold. Every time I remove its cap, its olfactory assault hits me with full force, to the point of rendering spraying uneccessary. And in the rare cases of finally deciding to spray some on me, 24 hours is the minimum period it grants me its magnificent contradictions. Like stealing a full day and night of my life.
I'm still wondering why such a successful and popular perfume does not have even a single flanker launched. And I have no answer to offer, except that some strange conjuncture may have decided that it will remain one of a kind till the end of time. I believe that it's the last truly great piece of high perfumery created by the once mighty Lancôme. And this makes it a landmark on the edge of "old world" perfumes. A last, yet perpetual reminder of a time when the most important asset in any perfume house was the lab and not the marketing department.
10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Flowers of bulbs
It's springtime and I am at my mother's. She has been cutting flowers from her garden and they have been in a closed up room overnight. I walk in the next morning. The air is dripping, cloyed, thick with the smell of her cut daffodils, freesias, more daffodils, narcissus, jasmine, hyacinth, flowering cherry, honeysuckle from the fence. A few green sprays and blossom from the mandarine tree or orange or lemon tree. Some blood red rose, pink roses, but nothing as strong as the jonquils and tuberose in honey, vanilla. The scent is all over me, it comes up from me. It's all through the house, as I open the doors. It overwhelms the senses. It stays in the car with me for hours as i drive home. It's sweet and powerful. Viscous as honey.
This powerhouse scent is stronger, more cloying than the original Tresor, both are of the same genre, Tresor is a little more peach and apricot and fruity and uplifting and sparkling,less of the neroli and tuberose concentration. And then, to come a little further down the scale I might place Dolce Vita under Tresor.
7.5 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

A golden honey scent
I finally bought it, lured by beautiful advertisements. It has a vintage feel because it smells full and rich, like a classy old lady. A golden honey scent with a little of linden, and after that very little change, it just stays on and does not turn nasty. It seems to be meant for special occasions and should be sprayed with a light hand. Most suitable for Fall and Winter - to go with heavier fashions - then it makes sense.
The longevity is incredible. The scent stays and stays and will remain in scarves and clothes.
7.5 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

The Real Reason Why There are no Poème Flankers
Although I rarely wear it, I admire Lancôme's Poème as a creation. This unabashed floral-oriental perfume has an integrity absent from many late twentieth-century perfumes and which explains, I believe, why no flankers of Poème have ever been produced. Poème needs no tweaking at all. The world doesn't need "Poèmette," "Poème leger," "Mon Poème," "Rêve de Poème," "Poème pourpre," etc. Poème is a perfume which deserves to survive in of itself and does not need to procreate in order to justify its existence.

The opening is heavily floral, while the drydown is quite distinct and seems very oriental, in part because of the dominant floral note which somehow sneaks in to steal the show: the dark and mysterious neroli. The drydown is so spicy to my nose that I continue to believe--against all evidence--that clove must be among the basenotes, and this is perhaps why I rarely don Poème, since I have a low tolerance for clove, whether real or perceived.

My own idiosyncrasies notwithstanding, I believe that Poème is a real beauty for real lovers of real perfume. It goes perhaps without saying, then, that the edp is strong, even viscous, and should be applied lightly and not reapplied in order to avoid overwhelming the wearer and those nearby...
5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Poeme
If color had a scent Lancome Poeme
whould represent Dark Blue although the
liquid from this perfume is Gold and the
box is bright sunny Yellow.

The top notes/Opening note starts off
with hardiness of Leather a few seconds
later dries to an softer femenine note
of Blue Himalayan Poppies Succulant
Plum i can detect a note of sweet Blueberries and peach.

The Middle Notes. Turns a bit more floral fist of the leafy green notes what i also forgoten was the note
of orange blossom on the top notes after the harty leather comes the sweet
scents of freesia & Heliotrope the shy and Ellusive Rose and ylang ylang drifts
quitly though the scent.

The Basenotes dries to an dry woodsy
texture of Sandalwood with an musky
accord of the fire of the Tonka Bean
note Vanilla and the finishing touches
of Warm Amber.

this is an warm inviting scent i recomeneded for the winter months
it will be too heavy for summer and humid condidtions perfect for sitting
around the fireplace snuggling with a
good book kind of an perfume
a conforting scent.
10.0 7.5 6.0/10

Syrupy sweet white floral
Poeme is a heavy, syrupy sweet white floral, and I absolutely love it!

I can't stop smelling this one. It's a bit like Dior's Poison but much lighter, not as dark and more casual.

I sense a lot of plum, tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, vanilla, tonka bean and mimose in this fragrance. The white florals are quite honeyed. I picture Poeme as a thick liquid, trickling off my skin, it is in no way light, this fragrance is thick and intense.

It has a definite oriental feel, which makes me conclude that this is an oriental floral with class. Seeming that the opening is rather strong, it's probably best to apply this fragrance lightly or spray the scent into the air and walk through it. It could easily become headache-inducing and cloying if over-applied.

The scent lasts for ages which is really wonderful. Poeme appeals to me because I like fragrances of this nature, however for people that tend to dislike strong, heavy florals with a classic feel, this probably isn't for you.

Jazzy76 17 months ago
A rich and warm flowery scent very feminin. A complexe acchord where the narcissus, the tuberose and the ylang ylang make their solos .+2

by AromaX
by AromaX
by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
Wie soll ich meine Seele halten, daß sie nicht an deine rührt? Wie soll ich sie hinheben über dich zu andern Dingen? Ach gerne möcht ich sie bei irgendwas Verlorenem im Dunkel unterbringen an einer fremden stillen Stelle, die nicht weiterschwingt (Rilke)
by Santalwalti
by Schahram
by Piapedersen
by Piapedersen

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Idôle by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme