Poême 1995 Eau de Parfum

Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Poême (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blue poppy, Angel's trumpet, Green notes, Mandarin orange, Narcissus, Peach, Plum, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Leather, Mimosa, Orange blossom, Rose, Tuberose, Vanilla blossom, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.04.2021.

I found my love
Wow... I’ve fallen in love. I bought a vintage bottle of Poeme and had no idea I was missing this for so many years.
Now, I can’t decipher anything more than the tuberose, jasmine and orange blossom because there are quite a few more scent notes in this mixture, but together with the others it’s quite a fantastic combination.
It’s not overly startling either. It softens over time, but lasts.
I’m really sad they don’t make this perfume anymore. I’ll need to horde a few bottles so that I can eternally float in this beautiful cloud of tuberose/jasmine.

Update: I found a large bottle in Costa Rica at the airport and immediately snatched it up. The new bottle is a little bit different than the old version. The old version was oilier with a sweeter scent. Both are fabulous, but I really wish they would re-create the old version. It’s something else and worth every penny if you can find a vintage one!

Prose
The bottle looks like an 80's power suit, wide shoulders tapering down in sexless straight lines to a slim small waist. And the perfume smells the same, a bombastic fruity tuberose in a metal-aquatic corset. (Compare this with the sensual curvy bottle and aldehydic tuberose of Spectacular by Joan Collins - 1989).
Poême's syrupy tuberose and soft oriental - combined with a liquid and cool-metallic cassis - feels like an 80's blockbuster with a 90's makeover. Fragrantica describe this rather schizophrenic structure as 'bitter honey', quite a good description on paper. But with my miniature, which has no box, there is a clear metallic overtone. Possibly this note is helional, or possibly it's been caused by damage, which can be a problem with vintage samples - especially those without a box.

Whatever the reasoning behind Poême, making a lush tuberose floriental in 1995 was clearly a retro gesture, going against the grain of the clean, watery, sexless scents that were the fashion of the time. It's to Jacques Cavallier Belletrud's credit that he dealt with the technical problem of pairing an aquatic with an oriental. If it was a sound thing to do artistically is another question all-together.

I wonder that Lancôme still sell such a ragbag of clichés, but then again, it's better than the last thing they did.

2*+
Poeme & I...
ENDLICH!
At last I have you...
First of all be greeted dear perfume fans,
in order to tell the story of me and Poeme, I have to travel a few years into the past... When I was still in training, (10 years ago) I smelled this fabulous fragrance for the first time on a patient, I had to address you immediately on this great fragrance and asked you which fragrance she wears... Her answer was Poeme of Lancome.
The next day I had to go to Douglas immediately to try it out again, he still smelled as good as the day before. I didn't have to wait long until a lady who worked at Douglas approached me and asked me if she could help me, I said yes I would love to buy this fragrance. The woman looked at me and said that I was much too young for this fragrance and advised me from this purchase on, and went with me to other fragrances which in your opinion fit better to me... Well, end of song, I didn't buy that scent. =(

Now almost 10 years later I had a sample of the Poeme in my exchange package and zack I'm back immediately away from this great fragrance, I just love it it smells fresh and fruity, lingers for a long time and just fits me perfectly. I ordered him to me, he arrived today and I had to spray myself full xD finally we are united. Never again without YOU! ;))
Sunny Girl
Summer, Sun, Juicy Fruit.
The best mood Vibes sit like a halo.
Resting Bitch Face? No problem today people on the street actually smile at you. Because you seem to be smiling right now. Well, that.
The first grape hyacinths in Grandma's garden, so beguiling and unforgettable. Memories of L'Air du Temps, the favourite perfume of the equally unforgettable mother. Smell of Freedom waves from a summer long gone. Sun also stands there and drips the juice from the melted Kallipo onto the flip-flops. But they're all good memories. When summer and sun accompanied a seemingly endless time full of heart palpitations, the scent of sun cream, summer dresses, ice cream and pleasantly self-forgotten bliss.
No trace of stress, circulatory problems due to the heat and eternal hours in the ice-cold office.
No. Now it's light and sweetness and warmth. And at full volume, it plays the whole orchestra. Here you can watch the magnolia blossoms in beautiful weather not get a pop 08/15 soundtrack from the commercials but the finest epic film music you can imagine to the blue sky and the warmth on your skin.
Poême does this without getting kitschy but with a certain stringency.
Sunglasses on and grin!
ne me quitte pas
Through a crack in the curtain, a figure squeezes itself. Far-reaching under the weight of a voluminous white coat with a protruding train of a strange material. As soon as she stands properly in the light, a courageous grasp into the coat, she pulls the train forward. Lush soft and radiant, heavy, the coat leaves one shoulder uncovered.

Her smoky, pregnant voice is in tune with a song that tells of loss and happy hours of loneliness, sadness and hope.

Please don't go away.

They say the coat is made of swan feathers. I think it's made of flowers. Flower after flower individually to a gigantic splendid coat, of unique beauty composed. Flowers over flowers that melancholically draw their bittersweet aroma behind them.

Attention the coat warms !
Yummie
I was looking for a fragrance with iris... but powdery Iris not the woody one ;) and landed in my favorite perfumery... somehow I did not find what I was looking for at Iris and my gaze wandered around...I discovered Poeme.

Something rang my bell... did I know this scent? I wasn't sure. From the name it was a term for me but I could not remember if I had it at that time in the 90s or not.

So sprayed and immediately in love.
No... I didn't have that at the time. I would have remembered the scent immediately. So distinctive and unique. Instant love

Golden Poem
Poême opens with sweet white and yellow flowers accompanied by a sort of dirty earthiness. With the time, the dirty scent dissipates and what's left is a perfectly blended sweet flowers. I can sense some tuberose, some peach; otherwise I can't really pick these many notes within. The sillage is moderate on me and it lasts quite a long time.

If it's a poem, it certainly is not a melancholic one. It's sweet, bright, and speaks of the cheerfulness and joy of life. It's shining, just like the gorgeous golden bottle.
Beautiful...
We know what it's like.. For years you always scurry past it, something happens to whom you smell it and you ask yourself... now it's time for us... it hasn't been for years. The time had yet to come. And finally she's here. Since half a year I am finally mum, and then immediately of twins... a time which I would describe as "beautiful". ... wonderful things are nearest the most difficult, sometimes it is so difficult and then suddenly again incredibly beautiful... so a time hard of miracles. When I gave my little one the bottle again the other night, I was not so creased at all but somehow like inside wrapped in cashmere. Wrapped in Poême. Warm, soft, somehow at home, in my perception, this fragrance is rather unchanging in its course, heavy due to its consistency and somehow indestructible, always there, familiar, cosy, balm on the soul. Like certain things that used to be done in the same way, which wasn't boring, but on the contrary gave security. Spraying the scent again in the evening, he gently steps into his nose as Antoine peacefully empties his bottle. That's how I want to smell for my boys, finally our time has come. And now, first golden September days, he is finally my:)... nice that you exist!
Ignika
Revival: Love for, and from, childhood days
Everyone has certain fragrances that they associate with the good times and moments. One of my first scent memories comes from Lufthansa. We used to fly to Spain and Turkey. On board, Mr. Gaultier's box office hits were also sold. That's why I like poems: memories of individual little fragrances around the plane, of my childhood, of Classique.
A small detail of the boom of Classique and Le Male is the base Amber Musk Vanilla, which is also represented here. That's probably where the similarity comes from. Also both lead orange blossoms and ylang-ylang.

Back on track!
Poême begins beguilingly. Seldom does a fragrance stand for lived sensuality so much. In front of the mentioned base the erotic blossoms rage in confusion.
(This time I add the respective scent impressions behind the notes)
I recognize first of all heliotrope(vanilla with almond notes), angel trumpets ("penetrating"), ylang-ylang(heavy, soft, feminine), tuberose(opulent, creamy) and a little further back orange blossom(fresh flowery) and the black currants. I like the latter very much in this fragrance, but feel a bit out of place. If you sniff hard enough you can even smell the cedar wood. More of that! Apart from that, the fragrance also seems to me to be rather dusty, there is also some iris (or mimosa, which is said to have iris notes) hidden so far back.
I would also describe the scent as linear. Nothing new comes up, the existing notes just disappear. It's not so bad if the work is as successful as this! Sillage and durability do not disappoint.

Abstract: Incredibly beautiful composition that you have to experience.

AromaX
A bunch of sultry flowers surrounded by vanilla honey on a sunny day
What can you find inside the bottle?

- A bunch of sultry flowers like jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose, rose and ylang-ylang spreading their heady and suffocating aroma between the landscapes made of honey and vanilla.
- A meadow full of yellow flowers bathing under the golden sunlight.
- Daffodils. The poisonous greenish aroma along the lines of Chloé Narcisse.
- Downy powderness that recalls the fluffy mimosa flowers.
- Warm orange blossom that plays between the seductiveness of a white flower and the powdery blossom dust.
- The poisonous Angel trompet flower or datura similar to Datura Noir by Serge Lutens.
- Blue poppies from Himalaya supposed to be there. Can’t really find them, but can easily imagine the heat of orange and red poppies.
- Abundant character combined with a very strong projection and tenacity. Beware, it can be suffocating!
- An effect of a nourished skin as if it’s moisturized with a reach luxury body cream (similar orange blossom, lily, gardenia and tuberose aroma are often used to perfume luxury nourishing creams). I had a similar effect in Twilly by Hermès.
- An ancestor (one of many) of modern floral oriental perfumes.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A rich and warm flowery scent very feminin. A complexe acchord where the narcissus, the tuberose and the ylang ylang make their solos .

by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
by AromaX
by AromaX
by Sonnenwind
Ich danke Dir von ❤ en liebe Herbstblond :)
by Sonnenwind
Ein Duft wie ein Gedicht .....
by Shalima
by Blaustern
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Peut-Être (2020) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Figues & Agrumes by Lancôme