Poême 1995 Eau de Parfum

Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Poême (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
MuskMusk
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.09.2021.

Nectar of the Gods
Poeme is a yellow and white sweet floral that must have been made to seduce bees and everyone else with its lovely scent. Poeme was composed by legendary perfumer M. Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud and launched in 1995.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Blue Poppy, Angel's Trumpet, Green Notes, Mandarin Orange, Narcissus, Peach, Plum, Black Currant

Heart Notes: Freesia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Leather, Mimosa, Orange Blossom, Rose, Tuberose, Vanilla Blossom, Ylang-Ylang

Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Just look at those notes! They look divine, and the perfume smells even more wonderful than the notes look! Poeme is a very romantic fragrance. It is utterly delicious but is not quite gourmand. I have never had bees drawn to my perfume before, but I think Poeme would draw them in from miles around. It smells so sweet and delicious but in a very womanly, sophisticated way. This is what great French perfumery is all about.

I find Poeme to be very feminine, and whilst I do think one could wear it to the office, I think it is better left for more romantic occasions or for those times whence you just want to be alone at home and savour your perfume. I wish Lancôme made matching body products for this perfume. If they made an extrait, I would be over the moon. This is one of those perfumes I could bathe in given the chance! It is gorgeous! If I did not know it was from Lancôme, I would guess it was from the legendary house of Guerlain.

The bottle is both distinctive and attractive albeit difficult to hold and spray. The colour of the packaging and especially of the perfume itself belie the warm, sweet, yellow and white floral fragrance that lay within. It is a masterpiece in my opinion.

I very highly recommend this if you are a lover of yellow and white florals or just florals in general although the yellow and white floral predominate. It is sweet but in the most wonderful sense of the word---not like sugar but more like the freshest, sweetest floral nectar you could ever hope to smell. This is not honey but the most perfect floral nectar that will one day be transformed by royal bees into a honey fit for the Gods's consumption.

This is nectar for the Queen Bee! It does not smell like any other floral perfume I have ever smelt before. This is seduction in a bottle ladies. I would be thrilled if everything in the room around me smelt of Poeme. The fragrance is so delicious, so intoxicating that I believe it would leave bees drunk and weak at the knees with pleasure just as it does me! Positively addictive!

This is the floral nectar of the most beautiful yellow and white florals to have ever existed, the florals from the Garden of Eden, the floral nectar Forms themselves if you will. No contest!! Ten out of ten!! Wowza!!

Fragrance: 10/10
Longevity: 6/10
Sillage: 7/10
Projection: 6/10

Value for Money: 10/10
Sleppy94
Lancôme! What's going on?!
"Warm, spicy, extraordinary. I wish every woman smelled like this. The warm embrace of a Juliette Binoche :) "

That's what my statement sounded like after I got hold of a vintage miniature and was downright infatuated with the scent inside. So of course (like with Trésor) I had to order a big bottle of it. And (as with Trésor) I had to wonder if my nose is broken, because what I heard there smelled completely different from what was in the vintage miniature.

While the old scent was really warm and spicy - resembling the sweet embrace of a free-spirited aunt - the new one is cool, elegant, and lacquer-like. It's as if Juliette dropped her paintbrush before all the wealth and has since been sipping cocktails with rich people covered in hair lacquer.

Much like Trésor, the heat has been kicked out of this one. Both feel too cool (for hugs) by now. They should probably rather radiate a little more authoritarian coolness - for the job or otherwise where you do not want to come across too close.

For me personally, this is very sad, because the old fragrances had, in my opinion, everything that I miss in the new releases. But now they are also not me what they were. I feel sorry for everyone who thinks to get the one and end up stuck with a completely different scent.

What's going on at Lancôme? As far as I know, Hypnôse was also changed beyond recognition. Does the brand feel under pressure to adapt to new trends, but can't afford new flacons or marketing campaigns. La Vie est belle seems to be selling well, along with its flankers? I somehow doubt that it's because of ingredients that have been banned in the meantime. Are the new fragrances the result of advice from some marketing geniuses? Maybe someone knows more. I think this sort of thing should be banned. It simply misleads loyal buyers. Personally, I no longer trust the brand and have no desire to try other fragrances of the brand.
Scentissima
Sunny flowers for colder days
Poême is a classic fragrance, heavy, viscous... Soapy mimosa accompanied by tuberose, jasmine and narcissus is somewhat softened by vanilla and fruit ( peach and plum). In the background are amber, musk and woody notes. I can also smell leather and tobacco (!) here- these notes make the scent more beautiful, I would say even more wearable. The beginning is very floral, very loud, after a few hours the scent becomes softer, more velvety. I find Poême most beautiful in autumn/winter, it's a bit too heavy for warm days. Lasts a long time and leaves a nice veil of fragrance. Absolutely timeless. Since 1998 always in my collection

I found my love
Wow... I’ve fallen in love. I bought a vintage bottle of Poeme and had no idea I was missing this for so many years.
Now, I can’t decipher anything more than the tuberose, jasmine and orange blossom because there are quite a few more scent notes in this mixture, but together with the others it’s quite a fantastic combination.
It’s not overly startling either. It softens over time, but lasts.
I’m really sad they don’t make this perfume anymore. I’ll need to horde a few bottles so that I can eternally float in this beautiful cloud of tuberose/jasmine.

Update: I found a large bottle in Costa Rica at the airport and immediately snatched it up. The new bottle is a little bit different than the old version. The old version was oilier with a sweeter scent. Both are fabulous, but I really wish they would re-create the old version. It’s something else and worth every penny if you can find a vintage one!

Prose
The bottle looks like an 80's power suit, wide shoulders tapering down in sexless straight lines to a slim small waist. And the perfume smells the same, a bombastic fruity tuberose in a metal-aquatic corset. (Compare this with the sensual curvy bottle and aldehydic tuberose of Spectacular by Joan Collins - 1989).
Poême's syrupy tuberose and soft oriental - combined with a liquid and cool-metallic cassis - feels like an 80's blockbuster with a 90's makeover. Fragrantica describe this rather schizophrenic structure as 'bitter honey', quite a good description on paper. But with my miniature, which has no box, there is a clear metallic overtone. Possibly this note is helional, or possibly it's been caused by damage, which can be a problem with vintage samples - especially those without a box.

Whatever the reasoning behind Poême, making a lush tuberose floriental in 1995 was clearly a retro gesture, going against the grain of the clean, watery, sexless scents that were the fashion of the time. It's to Jacques Cavallier Belletrud's credit that he dealt with the technical problem of pairing an aquatic with an oriental. If it was a sound thing to do artistically is another question all-together.

I wonder that Lancôme still sell such a ragbag of clichés, but then again, it's better than the last thing they did.

2*+
Poeme & I...
ENDLICH!
At last I have you...
First of all be greeted dear perfume fans,
in order to tell the story of me and Poeme, I have to travel a few years into the past... When I was still in training, (10 years ago) I smelled this fabulous fragrance for the first time on a patient, I had to address you immediately on this great fragrance and asked you which fragrance she wears... Her answer was Poeme of Lancome.
The next day I had to go to Douglas immediately to try it out again, he still smelled as good as the day before. I didn't have to wait long until a lady who worked at Douglas approached me and asked me if she could help me, I said yes I would love to buy this fragrance. The woman looked at me and said that I was much too young for this fragrance and advised me from this purchase on, and went with me to other fragrances which in your opinion fit better to me... Well, end of song, I didn't buy that scent. =(

Now almost 10 years later I had a sample of the Poeme in my exchange package and zack I'm back immediately away from this great fragrance, I just love it it smells fresh and fruity, lingers for a long time and just fits me perfectly. I ordered him to me, he arrived today and I had to spray myself full xD finally we are united. Never again without YOU! ;))
Sunny Girl
Summer, Sun, Juicy Fruit.
The best mood Vibes sit like a halo.
Resting Bitch Face? No problem today people on the street actually smile at you. Because you seem to be smiling right now. Well, that.
The first grape hyacinths in Grandma's garden, so beguiling and unforgettable. Memories of L'Air du Temps, the favourite perfume of the equally unforgettable mother. Smell of Freedom waves from a summer long gone. Sun also stands there and drips the juice from the melted Kallipo onto the flip-flops. But they're all good memories. When summer and sun accompanied a seemingly endless time full of heart palpitations, the scent of sun cream, summer dresses, ice cream and pleasantly self-forgotten bliss.
No trace of stress, circulatory problems due to the heat and eternal hours in the ice-cold office.
No. Now it's light and sweetness and warmth. And at full volume, it plays the whole orchestra. Here you can watch the magnolia blossoms in beautiful weather not get a pop 08/15 soundtrack from the commercials but the finest epic film music you can imagine to the blue sky and the warmth on your skin.
Poême does this without getting kitschy but with a certain stringency.
Sunglasses on and grin!
ne me quitte pas
Through a crack in the curtain, a figure squeezes itself. Far-reaching under the weight of a voluminous white coat with a protruding train of a strange material. As soon as she stands properly in the light, a courageous grasp into the coat, she pulls the train forward. Lush soft and radiant, heavy, the coat leaves one shoulder uncovered.

Her smoky, pregnant voice is in tune with a song that tells of loss and happy hours of loneliness, sadness and hope.

Please don't go away.

They say the coat is made of swan feathers. I think it's made of flowers. Flower after flower individually to a gigantic splendid coat, of unique beauty composed. Flowers over flowers that melancholically draw their bittersweet aroma behind them.

Attention the coat warms !
Yummie
I was looking for a fragrance with iris... but powdery Iris not the woody one ;) and landed in my favorite perfumery... somehow I did not find what I was looking for at Iris and my gaze wandered around...I discovered Poeme.

Something rang my bell... did I know this scent? I wasn't sure. From the name it was a term for me but I could not remember if I had it at that time in the 90s or not.

So sprayed and immediately in love.
No... I didn't have that at the time. I would have remembered the scent immediately. So distinctive and unique. Instant love

Golden Poem
Poême opens with sweet white and yellow flowers accompanied by a sort of dirty earthiness. With the time, the dirty scent dissipates and what's left is a perfectly blended sweet flowers. I can sense some tuberose, some peach; otherwise I can't really pick these many notes within. The sillage is moderate on me and it lasts quite a long time.

If it's a poem, it certainly is not a melancholic one. It's sweet, bright, and speaks of the cheerfulness and joy of life. It's shining, just like the gorgeous golden bottle.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A rich and warm flowery scent very feminin. A complexe acchord where the narcissus, the tuberose and the ylang ylang make their solos .

by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
by AromaX
by AromaX
by Sonnenwind
Ich danke Dir von ❤ en liebe Herbstblond :)
by Sonnenwind
Ein Duft wie ein Gedicht .....
by Shalima
by Blaustern
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Oranges Bigarades by Lancôme Hypnôse Elixir Envoûtant by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor Dentelle de Roses by Lancôme Figues & Agrumes by Lancôme