Trésor 1990Eau de Parfum

Version from 1990
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Bottle Design Charles Boussiquet
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1990. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesRose leaf, Apricot blossom, Peach blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Vanilla, Heliotrope, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.11.2020.

A great memory
This perfume was one of the first that completely captivated me. Maybe it was due to the fact that I got to know it, but it fascinated me from the first moment on!

At the time it seemed very mysterious, warm, flattering and somehow simply delicious. I had never smelled such a fragrance before and decided to buy a bottle as soon as possible.

In the 90s, Trésor was, next to Jil Sander No. 4 and Sun (in the men's Cool Water by Davidoff), simply a fragrance you couldn't get past. Today, the original version is too demure and well-behaved for me, because of the lovely fruits and vanilla it seems too childish to me with my almost 50 years, but it remains a nice memory. It is also still a great fragrance, warm and sensual, but no longer for me. After a lot of rummaging around here I will have a closer look at the various "grandchildren" of the Ur-Trésor, maybe there is something nice for me?

Gatsby
Treasure in a bottle. Grab a vintage.
It seems all the mums in the world are loving this masterpiece! And, sure, not only the moms! So happy I found another vintage big bottle, there s no need to say the differences between the old original formula and the one from nowadays...it is useless.
So, childs from everywhere, if your mamies loves Tresor, then do a complete and REAL surprise and buy a vintage one.There is no way to mistake! And I love too this smell because it s ...mom. The best Grojsman creation ever, IMO.
A love from me!

The Thorn Bird
"Tresor" is anything but a well-kept, secretive secret. The women's fragrance heralded and coined the 90s, Lancome as a brand was also worn and defined. You have to do it first. And this "treasure" is still in vogue, even if it is due to its many flankers who, however, all pay respect to this mother ship. And also should. A code that seems a bit outdated and cracked in the meantime, keeps its head above water with updates, but was still incredibly valuable for the entire perfume industry.

This luxurious "locker" is typical of the 90s - soft and buttery yet with enough abrasion, texture and friction surface. The roses are not scratchy, but have character and look "real", while the apricots and peaches are soft and soft, almost velvety. And above all there is an enchanting, lusty and never too sweet musk vanilla veil. Simple but enormously mature and with a broad chest. If one were only to look at the fragrance pyramid, there could also be a modern sugar bullet behind it. But "Tresor" shows how it can be done differently with almost the same means. Stylish, diva-like, yet everyday and accessible enough. Few fragrances embody me their decade like this autumnal "steel chamber" of flower spikes. For me, however, only wearable by women, although I never actually make such "restrictions". Here it may be due to memories and nostalgia...

Flacon: one of the most beautiful in the mainstream of the last 30 years - fitting, fine, legant, without being kitschy.
Sillage: shows strength without obtrusiveness
Durability: I don't know how often/strongly it was reformulated or if I inherited a (very) old version - but it lasts hellishly well, quite loosely 9 hours.

Conclusion: a women's classic from the 90s, which lives up to its solid, still well wearable reputation. A thick-walled bouquet of prickly roses and soft fruits (peaches, apricots) - a fine play of contrasts. Even if I prefer other great classics on the lady of my heart. Something dusty but still great.
Peaches and roses
Tresor by Lancome has been around for a long time, since 1990, when it was a very popular fragrance and many young women wore it. He was a popular gift from men to their sweetheart. On occasions like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day he was strongly promoted and every perfumery presented him. He was "hyped" like LVEB today. Only that Tresor is much better and I can't at all with the latter.

I had known him for a long time, of course, but my heart belonged to opium in the nineties, that was my "treasure".
But at some point I also got a bottle of Tresor as a gift, and only in 2015. Also from my beloved.
So am I a vault after all? The batchcode says my bottle is from November 2014. It must have been reformulated before. Nevertheless, I like this formulation of 2014 very much. What came after that was supposed to be very bad. But I haven't tried the latest version, I have to say.

Tresor is a flowery and fruity fragrance. Very sweet, for me at the limit of the bearable. Nothing is sweeter for me than that. But here it is still possible, provided one does not overdose.
Despite the intense sweetness I like Tresor very much-even now in midsummer I wear it.
Dominantly I receive here the sweet peach or also peach gels. I also have to think a lot about the peach rubber bands from Hariobo. Rose joins it and also a lot of jasmine. A little vanilla rounds it off. I don't notice much of the base. Too much the peach blossom combination is stuck in my nose. The Sillage is strong in the beginning, then takes itself back a little, but is still clearly present. The 2014 version lasts 4-5 hours on me, which is enough for such a sweet scent.
On the packaging of my flacon there is something like a fragrance pyramid, which is a little bit different from the one above:
Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Jasmine Absolu, Sandalwood, Peach and Leather

In the meantime I bought a vintage bottle from August 1999 with a long bottle and packaging. But I haven't used it so often, the noble drop is too precious. Overall, the nineties version is rounder and peach and rose are even more noticeable to smell. It also lasts longer.
And I bought another bottle from October 2004, where the outer carton doesn't have this black border yet. Also , the bottle is still slightly narrower than now , although the same shape . So it can be said that the bottle has also gone more and more into the broad. Maybe I'll take a picture of the three bottles next to each other.

But also the 2014 version- I don't know since when and until when it existed, but shortly after it was apparently again "hands on" is still beautiful and not at all alienated. So if you find a batch of this date where you can find it, it's still recommended. But the cardboard already has its present shape with the black border which has been kept until now. So you really have to look at the batchcode here. And on the cardboard bottom it also says: Copyright Lancome 2014 in capital letters.

For me Tresor is a sweet-floral-fruity scent, which is still wearable for women of all ages even today
1.5
Oh jee...
I can't understand at all why this fragrance is so celebrated. He just doesn't smell good. My grandma always wore this scent and even today, when I smell it, I always associate it immediately with old ladies. From the age of 65 upwards, it is acceptable to have this special fragrance around you, but please only within the bounds of what is bearable.

Jazzy76
Dear old Trésor, where are you?
I tested today at my favourite drugstore the reformulated perfume: the bottle was in offer and it was disposable on the shelf. I was so sure to find again a world of memories linked to the old advertisment with the Isabella Rossellini's face,but mainly to my mother and my green years: indeed, Trésor was one of her favourites scents and She wore it in every season, expecially when it was cold and she wore her fur.
I remember its very fruity bouquet , its strong alcoolic character at the first smell, giving way after a few minutes to a warmer heart and to unmistakable apricot notes.
Well, what I smelled this morning was TOTALLY DIFFERENT: a light gourmand scent, not bad, but very synthetic and without that particular fruity touch which was the true soul of the original scent.
What a disappontment! I must reveal a secret: if you want to find again the TRUE Trésor, look for a vintage bottle or, if it's too expensive, try some dupes like Wealth by Omerta. It could seem incredible , but with about 7€ you can enjoy all the original notes of this iconic scent of the early Nineties
Tuzzifruzzi
A great fragrance then and now
Since the scent came out then, I've become addicted to it.
I can wear it all year round. It's fresh, sweet but not too sweet, somehow seductive. The only negative thing: When I stood at the switch at KFC, the employee said I smelled like her mom. Heeeee like her mom!? Well, I'm not the freshest anymore :(. That's how I "avoided" the scent for a while. But now he is worn again pff I am just a grandma ;-) She seeks victory!
GirlofNow
Elegant fragrance that always works:)
This scent bedeudet me very much because my grandmother used to wear it always. I believe the love for fragrances I have from my grandparents because I do not really know anyone in my family who also has a certain passion for fragrances as we do:) Also my grandfather likes to wear perfume because it is very important to him to always be good and well-groomed. I know that this scent is nothing for teenagers but to sniff at the bottle in the perfumery as well as to test the scent from time to time and to remember beautiful times in my childhood which I still have with my grandmother I still want to remember is okey;). She thinks the fragrance has become too strong and sweet for her at the moment, I personally think that this fragrance actually smells like a perfumed cream. From time to time she still reaches for this fragrance for special occasions but now as in former times daily would be too much for her.
I sprayed it secretly on my wrist to see how this scent develops on my skin and I have to admit that it smells different to my grandmother. Her floral notes stand out as well as the musk, I can smell very sweet fruit notes with a certain powderiness. I'm not sure if the powderiness comes from the woody note but it's pleasant for everyday use. Everyone who knows me says I'm too young for this fragrance and it wouldn't suit me because I only wear 90% gourmand fragrances, as well as the younger sister of Trésor denn la nuit Tresor and I just love her:)) I also think that this fragrance is not for me at the moment, not that I would not wear it later when I get a little older. As already mentioned a beautiful fragrance which in my opinion always works and is elegant as well as feminine:)))
Brings back memories
I recently received a bottling of the vintage version from 1990. When I smelled it, I felt emotions coming up inside me. I remember my grandmother embracing me. She always used that perfume, and I liked it. Fine, now I may know this bottling in my possession, always in mind of my grandmother.
Actual love
Everything has already been said about Trésor and about love, but not yet by everyone.

I wouldn't even call Trésor my favourite fragrance - I have more glamorous, more interesting, more beautiful, more splendid, more beguiling in my collection, all of which I like to wear and often wear - but, as I recently discovered full of surprise, I actually love him deeply and don't want to be without him anymore. And that's why I have to leave this comment. You stood so long faithfully in my cupboard in your beautiful bottle, always somehow perceived as a matter of course, now it is time to apologize for my arrogance and sprinkle you a few roses.

Trésor's architecture is classic, simple and noble, sublime in an unobtrusive way, graceful, simply timelessly beautiful, without being arrogant, cool or bold. The beautiful rose, the breeze of flowers (peach, apricot and lily of the valley), the most elegant vanilla I can think of (perhaps due to the heliotrope and the iris?), this foundation of sandalwood and musk like white stone. All this is simply there, from the spraying on to the end after many hours. The shelf life is really impressive, I can still perceive the scent, applied early in the morning, late in the evening. Trésor, however, does not undergo any notable development with me, he does not joke and does not surprise, he does not come around the corner in his course with flirtatious aromas; he is quietly straightforward, honest, yes - a strange word in this context: reliable - and in his presence of an unobtrusive clarity and at the same time unique delicacy that I know of no other fragrance. That makes it a real masterpiece for my nose.

I would also find it difficult to describe him as just flowery and sweet. It is creamy, warm, gentle, friendly, like a day in early summer, opaque and at the same time transparent, never heavy, but also no iridescent airtikus - it is simply perfectly balanced. It doesn't sparkle; it glows. Trésor is a soul mollycoddler who wraps and protects me, under whose wings I feel like a child at the hand of a gentle, beautiful mother. I find it kind of funny myself, but I like to wear it at night because it makes me feel so secure, and on Mondays or predictable stress days because it makes me more positive, calmer, more optimistic and prepared for the hectic working day.

Trésor, even if you come through the door in jeans, T-shirt and Converse, ensures that you sit a little more upright and move a little more smoothly, ladylike and with a smile, and somehow I sometimes have the impression that this cheerful calmness spreads out around you, the friendliness increases by two or three steps, wherever you go with it. Even a pensive "here it smells so good..." I have often heard when I wear it.

So, Trésor, let me say this quite frankly: yes, I love you and I hope that you will always be a part of my life. I'm glad you exist.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Powerful and intoxicating, peachy and very alcoholic, it's a real scented treasure .Good sillage in the vintage version. Nice bottle

Tresor im Wald...
by Kwad
by Kwad
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana
Zur Erinnerung an meine Mutter. Sie schenkte mir Tresor u. liebte Perlen.
by Baeumchen
by Echtdufte
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Oranges Bigarades by Lancôme