Trésor (1990) Eau de Parfum

Version from 1990
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Bottle Design: Charles Boussiquet

Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1990. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesRose leaf, Apricot blossom, Peach blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Vanilla, Heliotrope, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.09.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

The Thorn Bird
"Tresor" is anything but a well-kept, secretive secret. The women's fragrance heralded and coined the 90s, Lancome as a brand was also worn and defined. You have to do it first. And this "treasure" is still in vogue, even if it is due to its many flankers who, however, all pay respect to this mother ship. And also should. A code that seems a bit outdated and cracked in the meantime, keeps its head above water with updates, but was still incredibly valuable for the entire perfume industry.

This luxurious "locker" is typical of the 90s - soft and buttery yet with enough abrasion, texture and friction surface. The roses are not scratchy, but have character and look "real", while the apricots and peaches are soft and soft, almost velvety. And above all there is an enchanting, lusty and never too sweet musk vanilla veil. Simple but enormously mature and with a broad chest. If one were only to look at the fragrance pyramid, there could also be a modern sugar bullet behind it. But "Tresor" shows how it can be done differently with almost the same means. Stylish, diva-like, yet everyday and accessible enough. Few fragrances embody me their decade like this autumnal "steel chamber" of flower spikes. For me, however, only wearable by women, although I never actually make such "restrictions". Here it may be due to memories and nostalgia...

Flacon: one of the most beautiful in the mainstream of the last 30 years - fitting, fine, legant, without being kitschy.
Sillage: shows strength without obtrusiveness
Durability: I don't know how often/strongly it was reformulated or if I inherited a (very) old version - but it lasts hellishly well, quite loosely 9 hours.

Conclusion: a women's classic from the 90s, which lives up to its solid, still well wearable reputation. A thick-walled bouquet of prickly roses and soft fruits (peaches, apricots) - a fine play of contrasts. Even if I prefer other great classics on the lady of my heart. Something dusty but still great.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Peaches and roses
Tresor by Lancome has been around for a long time, since 1990, when it was a very popular fragrance and many young women wore it. He was a popular gift from men to their sweetheart. On occasions like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day he was strongly promoted and every perfumery presented him. He was "hyped" like LVEB today. Only that Tresor is much better and I can't at all with the latter.

I had known him for a long time, of course, but my heart belonged to opium in the nineties, that was my "treasure".
But at some point I also got a bottle of Tresor as a gift, and only in 2015. Also from my beloved.
So am I a vault after all? The batchcode says my bottle is from November 2014. It must have been reformulated before. Nevertheless, I like this formulation of 2014 very much. What came after that was supposed to be very bad. But I haven't tried the latest version, I have to say.

Tresor is a flowery and fruity fragrance. Very sweet, for me at the limit of the bearable. Nothing is sweeter for me than that. But here it is still possible, provided one does not overdose.
Despite the intense sweetness I like Tresor very much-even now in midsummer I wear it.
Dominantly I receive here the sweet peach or also peach gels. I also have to think a lot about the peach rubber bands from Hariobo. Rose joins it and also a lot of jasmine. A little vanilla rounds it off. I don't notice much of the base. Too much the peach blossom combination is stuck in my nose. The Sillage is strong in the beginning, then takes itself back a little, but is still clearly present. The 2014 version lasts 4-5 hours on me, which is enough for such a sweet scent.
On the packaging of my flacon there is something like a fragrance pyramid, which is a little bit different from the one above:
Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Jasmine Absolu, Sandalwood, Peach and Leather

In the meantime I bought a vintage bottle from August 1999 with a long bottle and packaging. But I haven't used it so often, the noble drop is too precious. Overall, the nineties version is rounder and peach and rose are even more noticeable to smell. It also lasts longer.
And I bought another bottle from October 2004, where the outer carton doesn't have this black border yet. Also , the bottle is still slightly narrower than now , although the same shape . So it can be said that the bottle has also gone more and more into the broad. Maybe I'll take a picture of the three bottles next to each other.

But also the 2014 version- I don't know since when and until when it existed, but shortly after it was apparently again "hands on" is still beautiful and not at all alienated. So if you find a batch of this date where you can find it, it's still recommended. But the cardboard already has its present shape with the black border which has been kept until now. So you really have to look at the batchcode here. And on the cardboard bottom it also says: Copyright Lancome 2014 in capital letters.

For me Tresor is a sweet-floral-fruity scent, which is still wearable for women of all ages even today
1.5/10

Oh jee...
I can't understand at all why this fragrance is so celebrated. He just doesn't smell good. My grandma always wore this scent and even today, when I smell it, I always associate it immediately with old ladies. From the age of 65 upwards, it is acceptable to have this special fragrance around you, but please only within the bounds of what is bearable.
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Jazzy76
Dear old Trésor, where are you?
I tested today at my favourite drigstore the reformulated perfume: the bottle was in offer and it was disposable an the shelf. I was so sure to find again a world of memories linked to the old advertisment with the Isabella Rossellini's face,but mainly to my mother and my green years: indeed, Trésor was one of her favourites scents and She wore it in every season, expecially when it was cold and she wore her fur.
I remember its very fruity bouquet , its strong alcoolic character at the first smell, giving way after a few minutes to a warmer heart and to unmistakable apricot notes.
Well, what I smelled this morning was TOTALLY DIFFERENT: a light gourmand scent, not bad, but very synthetic and without that particular fruity touch which was the true soul of the original scent.
What a disappontment! I must reveal a secret: if you want to find again the TRUE Trésor, look for a vintage bottle or, if it's too expensive, try some dupes like Wealth by Omerta. It could seem incredible , but with about 7€ you can enjoy all the original notes of this iconic scent of the early Nineties
8.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

Tuzzifruzzi
A great fragrance then and now
Since the scent came out then, I've become addicted to it.
I can wear it all year round. It's fresh, sweet but not too sweet, somehow seductive. The only negative thing: When I stood at the switch at KFC, the employee said I smelled like her mom. Heeeee like her mom!? Well, I'm not the freshest anymore :(. That's how I "avoided" the scent for a while. But now he is worn again pff I am just a grandma ;-) She seeks victory!
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Santalwalti
At the end of the reb bow
In my student days I collected fairy tale books from different countries, there were paperback editions with fairy tales from Iceland, Russia, China, Morocco and fairy tales from Norway. One of the Norwegian fairy tales I still remember alive today. A man lived alone in a hut in the woods. He was deeply unhappy, because he was struggling with his fate. Based on a prophecy given by a fairy at his birth, he expected to find a very special treasure when he grew up. Again and again his mother had told him about this promise, so that this had awakened great hopes in him. But despite decades of searching and struggling, he did not find this treasure. The fairy's saying promised that he would find a great treasure at the end of the rainbow, which was meant for him alone. The man, who had become old and bitter in the meantime, had even travelled faraway lands to search for the treasure, had dug for gold and diamonds. In his disappointment he became unable to work and enjoy life. He didn't even smell the tan scent that surrounded his miserable hut, he didn't see the wild flowers and mushrooms that adorned the ground. He lost all his friends in his grief and even his inheritance he had to give up because he didn't care about anything. Every day he fell into ponderies that clouded his eyes and took away his joy in life.
One day, when he realized that he had been wrong, his despair became particularly great: he felt that he was at the end and longed for his mother, who had always encouraged him. And at that moment the light in the sky changed. A gentle rain ran down his face like tears and suddenly he smelled the smell of the forest and the rain and the ground he was sitting on. The light became bigger and bigger, the sun made its way through the high fir trees, shone over the tops and warmed the wrinkled face of the man. Then he lifted up his eyes and saw a wonderful rainbow shimmering in the most glorious colours. It was the most magnificent rainbow he had ever seen and the end of the bow pointed directly at him. Yes, he sat at the end of the rainbow and an inexplicable feeling of happiness came over him. He breathed deeply and felt life flowing back into him, suddenly he could smell all the wonderful scents that surrounded him in the forest. He felt decades younger and suddenly he knew: The treasure at the end of the rainbow, that was himself, his life was this treasure. He looked up and saw a bright blue sky and he knew that many happy years lay ahead of him.

A few days ago, when I got to know the scent of 'Trésor', which means 'treasure' in French, I remembered this little story. That this man could no longer smell anything because of nothing but grief and when he became happy and the enlightenment about the gift of his life came to him, he could smell what surrounded him in beautiful scents.

Now I have used many lines to tell this fairy tale. Simply because this story and also the smells, which were there and still were not noticed by the old man, appeared to me like a symbol for the world and the effectiveness of smells.

Trésor is an eau de parfum, which at the beginning gives me a soft aroma of peach and apricot. It is delicious in its freshness and mellowness, it stimulates my appetite, arouses expectations for more...even more pleasant scents flattering the nose. And I am not disappointed, because an irresistible bouquet of flowers surrounds me so suddenly that it gives me a feeling of liveliness. It was as if in May I was wandering carelessly across a meadow, where proudly erect iris blossoms with their wide open tongues in blue and white smelled velvety, radiating elegance and nobility.
Not far from these noble flowers there are distinctive lilies of the valley, clearly planted in groups. A feast for the eyes and a feast for the nose. Powdery scents that nestle like veils on my skin mix in my subconscious with the feeling of the imminent summer. This makes me happy and gives me an enormous energy when I see, feel and smell such beauty.
In another corner of the garden, the first roses have opened their velvety buds and exude their fresh, citric and at the same time almond- sweet Odeur.

It's like throwing on a pastel cashmere sweater - warming yet airy and light. My mood rises solely by these chords, which escape from the small bottle, which is shaped like an inverted pyramid, with every spray.

The scent surrounds me like a cocoon, has something radiant, shining, that lifts me up and yet with 'Trésor' conveys something warming, enveloping, secure with the inside. It is like a flower symphony with many facets, in which gentle fruits like peach and apricot and nutty like almonds are hidden. A bright musk tone accompanies the symphony from beginning to end. After two or three hours, I notice distinctly woody notes, which ultimately make the fragrance so intense and long-lasting. Altogether this little treasure blossoms on my skin for six to seven hours.

Trésor' is a sensual and for my sensation delightful and liberating, also erotic perfume. Very finely tuned, the softness of which embodies an astonishing amount of endurance, strength and sublimity. This fragrance gives me a feeling of luxury. It is a true treasure that quickly found the key to my heart.

I own the current version and I find it wonderfully successful. It may be that the vintage version contained much more of these described beauties. I am nevertheless more than satisfied with my Trésörchen, enjoy (without being able to compare) the shimmering colours and feel richly rewarded like the old man at the end of the rainbow.
5.0 9.0 9.0 4.0/10

GirlofNow
Elegant fragrance that always works:)
This scent bedeudet me very much because my grandmother used to wear it always. I believe the love for fragrances I have from my grandparents because I do not really know anyone in my family who also has a certain passion for fragrances as we do:) Also my grandfather likes to wear perfume because it is very important to him to always be good and well-groomed. I know that this scent is nothing for teenagers but to sniff at the bottle in the perfumery as well as to test the scent from time to time and to remember beautiful times in my childhood which I still have with my grandmother I still want to remember is okey;). She thinks the fragrance has become too strong and sweet for her at the moment, I personally think that this fragrance actually smells like a perfumed cream. From time to time she still reaches for this fragrance for special occasions but now as in former times daily would be too much for her.
I sprayed it secretly on my wrist to see how this scent develops on my skin and I have to admit that it smells different to my grandmother. Her floral notes stand out as well as the musk, I can smell very sweet fruit notes with a certain powderiness. I'm not sure if the powderiness comes from the woody note but it's pleasant for everyday use. Everyone who knows me says I'm too young for this fragrance and it wouldn't suit me because I only wear 90% gourmand fragrances, as well as the younger sister of Trésor denn la nuit Tresor and I just love her:)) I also think that this fragrance is not for me at the moment, not that I would not wear it later when I get a little older. As already mentioned a beautiful fragrance which in my opinion always works and is elegant as well as feminine:)))
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Brings back memories
I recently received a bottling of the vintage version from 1990. When I smelled it, I felt emotions coming up inside me. I remember my grandmother embracing me. She always used that perfume, and I liked it. Fine, now I may know this bottling in my possession, always in mind of my grandmother.
10.0 7.0 6.0 9.5/10

Actual love
Everything has already been said about Trésor and about love, but not yet by everyone.

I wouldn't even call Trésor my favourite fragrance - I have more glamorous, more interesting, more beautiful, more splendid, more beguiling in my collection, all of which I like to wear and often wear - but, as I recently discovered full of surprise, I actually love him deeply and don't want to be without him anymore. And that's why I have to leave this comment. You stood so long faithfully in my cupboard in your beautiful bottle, always somehow perceived as a matter of course, now it is time to apologize for my arrogance and sprinkle you a few roses.

Trésor's architecture is classic, simple and noble, sublime in an unobtrusive way, graceful, simply timelessly beautiful, without being arrogant, cool or bold. The beautiful rose, the breeze of flowers (peach, apricot and lily of the valley), the most elegant vanilla I can think of (perhaps due to the heliotrope and the iris?), this foundation of sandalwood and musk like white stone. All this is simply there, from the spraying on to the end after many hours. The shelf life is really impressive, I can still perceive the scent, applied early in the morning, late in the evening. Trésor, however, does not undergo any notable development with me, he does not joke and does not surprise, he does not come around the corner in his course with flirtatious aromas; he is quietly straightforward, honest, yes - a strange word in this context: reliable - and in his presence of an unobtrusive clarity and at the same time unique delicacy that I know of no other fragrance. That makes it a real masterpiece for my nose.

I would also find it difficult to describe him as just flowery and sweet. It is creamy, warm, gentle, friendly, like a day in early summer, opaque and at the same time transparent, never heavy, but also no iridescent airtikus - it is simply perfectly balanced. It doesn't sparkle; it glows. Trésor is a soul mollycoddler who wraps and protects me, under whose wings I feel like a child at the hand of a gentle, beautiful mother. I find it kind of funny myself, but I like to wear it at night because it makes me feel so secure, and on Mondays or predictable stress days because it makes me more positive, calmer, more optimistic and prepared for the hectic working day.

Trésor, even if you come through the door in jeans, T-shirt and Converse, ensures that you sit a little more upright and move a little more smoothly, ladylike and with a smile, and somehow I sometimes have the impression that this cheerful calmness spreads out around you, the friendliness increases by two or three steps, wherever you go with it. Even a pensive "here it smells so good..." I have often heard when I wear it.

So, Trésor, let me say this quite frankly: yes, I love you and I hope that you will always be a part of my life. I'm glad you exist.

Reminds me of pear Helene - SO yummy
On me it smells more like pears than peaches. Almost like the dessert pear Helene with a boozy touch to it - and that's why I always loved it so much. It is super sweet, but in a very elegant and sophisticated way. Even with its sweetness it doesn't have a young girl feel to it. It is very classy, yet playful. Still a dream in a bottle.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Well balanced and beautiful
This is from an older bottle from the 90s:

The opening is blue, lilac, calm and then the White Rose jumps out. It quickly blends with Iris and Heliotrope to form a nice, soft, floral bouquet. Not too loud. There is a nice Sandalwood note in the background. The heart has more of the warm and sweet, peachiness with a strong dose of Apricot Blossom. The pairing of the peach with lily of the valley and lilac prevents it from getting tooth achingly sweet. The sandalwood is still in the background anchoring the entire thing. The dry-down is all Amber and Vanilla over the sandalwood base. It's smooth and creamy.

This scent has a great evolution on the skin and never gets boring. The balance between the florals and peachiness is well done so that the scent never gets overly sweet or gourmand and it has good projection and longevity. A really well done balance of sweet and floral.

Feb
2014

Rubyred
Tresor where oh where have you gone
As a young woman, I owned and loved Tresor for its sophistication and elegance and complexity and sparkle. Passing by the Lancome counter today, I thought to once again include it in my wardrobe. On a fancy, I sprayed Tresor on one arm and Tresor in Love on the other.
Just like me, how Tresor has changed. It is now the screechy stink of rotting apricots left in the sun. It is absolutely rank, and it has been rank for the last 3 hours. It must have changed its genes. Or my skin has changed.
Tresor In Love, on the other arm, went on warm, tea-rosy, powdery, blossomy sweet. After 3 hours, it is a sweet, powdery, dreamy, jammy-nectarine, woodsy delight. Much like my Kenzo Eau de Fleur de prunier - plum, which 50ml bottle I have just raced through as a favourite perfume.
7.5 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Sadly Not For My Chemistry
'Nose' Sophia Grojsman made some of my favorite perfumes, but alas, Tresor is not one of them. From all the pretty notes mentioned above, I only get wood that is burning. Not in a pleasant way like Cabochard or even Cabaret where the smoky wood sensation is teamed up with other notes that enhance and beautify it. No, it's a pile of moldy wood dowsed with bad fruit. I really wanted to like this one, but on my skin its horrible! Definitely not for me.
7.5 10.0 7.5 7.0/10

A Guilty Pleasure Hidden Away in a Cookie Jar to Consume When No One Else Is Around
I had a long-term relationship with Lancôme TRESOR, although I basically never wear it anymore. But whenever I catch a whiff of it, a flood of memories filled my mind, back from the time when Isabella Rossellini's image was ubiquitous.

I approached TRESOR with some trepidation (for the purpose of writing this review), not wanting to disrupt all of my past fond feelings for this fragrance. But my worries were for naught, for I still, after all these years, love the sweet rose, peach, and vanilla concoction that TRESOR is to me.

TRESOR, like it or not, was a trendsetter, perhaps the perfume that set off the explosion of sweet scents that have become so prevalent over the course of the past twenty years. TRESOR is an oriental floral in the sweetest sense of those words, for its vanilla infuses a slurry of pineapple and apricot--in addition to a double dose of peach--in which abundant rose petals float along with a few other diverse floral garnishes.

TRESOR is oh-so-sweet, yet oh-so-loveable, a guilty pleasure hidden away in a cookie jar to eat when no one else is around... TRESOR may have been my first comfort scent, and for that reason I hold it in esteem, despite my belief that its allures are somehow superficial. But I still cannot deny, even after so many years, and no matter how hard I try, that I love the way this smells!
10.0 9.0/10

Unique and feminine
This is the most feminine perfume in the world...It starts with the peach & rose presence involving sweet powdery nuances ....Soft and velvety stays at heart with delicate flower blossoms !
The drying down gets to the woodiness of amber and sandalwood !
I enjoy this scent because i love peach and rose combination in perfumes and this perfume is unique to this !
Romantic,powdery and tender.Three words that describe it the most.
Perfect for romantic wear .It is long lasting.A five stars perfume for me!
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Le Tresor
I Think this has to be the most beautiful Bottle next to Chanel no 5
I Just love the coloring. it reminds you of the sun setting driving though
the Fashionable Parisian district of
Champs Elysees. Very Elegant.

The first notes is very sweet Apricot Blossom Peach.

and it dries down to Vanilla Amber And the last Sandalwood.

As much as i love the Bottle this is not one of my favorites because i not a
fan of Vanilla. but i will give this a

7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Rotting peach? Surely not
I love strong florals, even the headache-inducing, overpoweringly heavy ones. I assumed that I would enjoy this classic fragrance, however this was not so.

When I first sprayed Tresor I had to smell my wrist a couple of times in order to clarify that it was perfume that I was actually smelling. It smelt like decay to me. Rotting fruit, wet sand, stale sweat and mothballs. I will add however that this was from an EDT tester bottle, so the EDP may be a lot nicer. This review may also be on one of the Tresor versions, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Needless to say, I was shocked by what I encountered. A tinge of sweetness later on only made this fragrance more nauseating. Something tells me that this has to be a different perfume, perhaps even an off bottle. I cannot understand why anyone would want to wear it.

In conclusion, thankfully, it's lasting power was very poor.

Jazzy76 8 months ago
Powerful and intoxicating, peachy and very alcoholic, it's a real scented treasure .Good sillage in the vintage version. Nice bottle+1

by GothicHeart
wunderbarer Blütennektar...da werde ich gern zur Biene...
by Santalwalti
...es entfalten sich prächtige, seltene Blumen, der ruhige Schatten der Bäume im Hintergrund und der unbeschreibliche Luxus der Ruhe. (Armand Lancôme)
Mein neuer Trésor ....
Tresor im Wald...
by Rosaviola
by Zora
by Zora
Als Vintage ein Traum
by Blödel
Monde und Jahre vergehen, aber ein schöner Moment leuchtet das Leben hindurch~Franz Grillparzer
by Sunshine00
by Echtdufte
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Idôle by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme