Trésor (1990)

Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Flacon Design: Charles Boussiquet
Compare Prices
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) (Lancôme)
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1990. The scent is flowery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Sophia Grojsman

Scent 9.0/10
1 Award
Well balanced and beautiful
This is from an older bottle from the 90s:

The opening is blue, lilac, calm and then the White Rose jumps out. It quickly blends with Iris and Heliotrope to form a nice, soft, floral bouquet. Not too loud. There is a nice Sandalwood note in the background. The heart has more of the warm and sweet, peachiness with a strong dose of Apricot Blossom. The pairing of the peach with lily of the valley and lilac prevents it from getting tooth achingly sweet. The sandalwood is still in the background anchoring the entire thing. The dry-down is all Amber and Vanilla over the sandalwood base. It's smooth and creamy.

This scent has a great evolution on the skin and never gets boring. The balance between the florals and peachiness is well done so that the scent never gets overly sweet or gourmand and it has good projection and longevity. A really well done balance of sweet and floral.

Feb
2014
Scent 0.0/10
Very helpful Review    6 Awards
Tresor where oh where have you gone
As a young woman, I owned and loved Tresor for its sophistication and elegance and complexity and sparkle. Passing by the Lancome counter today, I thought to once again include it in my wardrobe. On a fancy, I sprayed Tresor on one arm and Tresor in Love on the other.
Just like me, how Tresor has changed. It is now the screechy stink of rotting apricots left in the sun. It is absolutely rank, and it has been rank for the last 3 hours. It must have changed its genes. Or my skin has changed.
Tresor In Love, on the other arm, went on warm, tea-rosy, powdery, blossomy sweet. After 3 hours, it is a sweet, powdery, dreamy, jammy-nectarine, woodsy delight. Much like my Kenzo Eau de Fleur de prunier - plum, which 50ml bottle I have just raced through as a favourite perfume.
Bottle 7.5/10
Scent 4.0/10
1 Award
Sadly Not For My Chemistry
'Nose' Sophia Grojsman made some of my favorite perfumes, but alas, Tresor is not one of them. From all the pretty notes mentioned above, I only get wood that is burning. Not in a pleasant way like Cabochard or even Cabaret where the smoky wood sensation is teamed up with other notes that enhance and beautify it. No, it's a pile of moldy wood dowsed with bad fruit. I really wanted to like this one, but on my skin its horrible! Definitely not for me.
Bottle 7.5/10
Sillage 10.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Very helpful Review    4 Awards
A Guilty Pleasure Hidden Away in a Cookie Jar to Consume When No One Else Is Around
I had a long-term relationship with Lancôme TRESOR, although I basically never wear it anymore. But whenever I catch a whiff of it, a flood of memories filled my mind, back from the time when Isabella Rossellini's image was ubiquitous.

I approached TRESOR with some trepidation (for the purpose of writing this review), not wanting to disrupt all of my past fond feelings for this fragrance. But my worries were for naught, for I still, after all these years, love the sweet rose, peach, and vanilla concoction that TRESOR is to me.

TRESOR, like it or not, was a trendsetter, perhaps the perfume that set off the explosion of sweet scents that have become so prevalent over the course of the past twenty years. TRESOR is an oriental floral in the sweetest sense of those words, for its vanilla infuses a slurry of pineapple and apricot--in addition to a double dose of peach--in which abundant rose petals float along with a few other diverse floral garnishes.

TRESOR is oh-so-sweet, yet oh-so-loveable, a guilty pleasure hidden away in a cookie jar to eat when no one else is around... TRESOR may have been my first comfort scent, and for that reason I hold it in esteem, despite my belief that its allures are somehow superficial. But I still cannot deny, even after so many years, and no matter how hard I try, that I love the way this smells!
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
Unique and feminine
This is the most feminine perfume in the world...It starts with the peach & rose presence involving sweet powdery nuances ....Soft and velvety stays at heart with delicate flower blossoms !
The drying down gets to the woodiness of amber and sandalwood !
I enjoy this scent because i love peach and rose combination in perfumes and this perfume is unique to this !
Romantic,powdery and tender.Three words that describe it the most.
Perfect for romantic wear .It is long lasting.A five stars perfume for me!
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 10.0/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 8.0/10
Helpful Review    1 Award
Le Tresor
I Think this has to be the most beautiful Bottle next to Chanel no 5
I Just love the coloring. it reminds you of the sun setting driving though
the Fashionable Parisian district of
Champs Elysees. Very Elegant.

The first notes is very sweet Apricot Blossom Peach.

and it dries down to Vanilla Amber And the last Sandalwood.

As much as i love the Bottle this is not one of my favorites because i not a
fan of Vanilla. but i will give this a

Scent 4.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Rotting peach? Surely not
I love strong florals, even the headache-inducing, overpoweringly heavy ones. I assumed that I would enjoy this classic fragrance, however this was not so.

When I first sprayed Tresor I had to smell my wrist a couple of times in order to clarify that it was perfume that I was actually smelling. It smelt like decay to me. Rotting fruit, wet sand, stale sweat and mothballs. I will add however that this was from an EDT tester bottle, so the EDP may be a lot nicer. This review may also be on one of the Tresor versions, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Needless to say, I was shocked by what I encountered. A tinge of sweetness later on only made this fragrance more nauseating. Something tells me that this has to be a different perfume, perhaps even an off bottle. I cannot understand why anyone would want to wear it.

In conclusion, thankfully, it's lasting power was very poor.

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Miracle by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme Magnifique by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Climat (1967) (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Toilette by Lancôme