Trésor 1990 Eau de Parfum

Version from 1990
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme
Bottle Design Charles Boussiquet
Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 1990. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Sophia Grojsman

HeliotropeHeliotrope
IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.07.2021.

SherapopSherapop 9 years ago

„A Guilty Pleasure Hidden Away in a Cookie Jar to Consume When No One Else Is Around”

I had a long-term relationship with Lancôme TRESOR, although I basically never wear it anymore....
OrianeOriane 4 days ago

„Likely Another Victim of Reformulation ”

Likely Another Victim of Reformulation
First of all, let me stipulate that I bought my bottle directly from Lancome's website, so I have no doubt it is genuine, and I am really shocked and disappointed by this perfume. This is the much acclaimed and much beloved Tresor??? How???? I think I must have sniffed the bottle in stores before, but I never tested it. This not what I expected it to smell like at all given the many, many reviews I read and my study of the notes's pyramid. I do not find Tresor either particularly fruity or floral or warm or much of anything really.

Top notes are always purposely enchanting no matter what is the perfume because they are supposed to draw one into the perfume. Inexperienced perfume buyers often purchase a bottle of perfume immediately based on top notes alone, which is often a mistake. Lutens' De Profundis has arguably the most beautiful top notes I have ever encountered in any perfume in my life, but as soon as those top notes dissipate, the heart and base notes are a huge letdown, at least for me.

In the case of Tresor, I am not sure what I smelt in the top notes, but whatever the notes, they were not very appealing at all. It certainly was neither sweet nor very floral nor very fruity. It was a bit acrid actually. I think I detected a hint of rose and a hint of pineapple in the top notes, but that was all.

Once the heart notes developed, the fragrance did seem slightly more fruity, but I still would not have described Tresor as truly fruity or floral or even warm from amber and vanilla.

This Tresor is light and really rather non-descript if I am blunt about it. I have been more pleased with some inexpensive chemist shop fragrances. I have been much more impressed with many Avon fragrances and Estee Lauder fragrances and even many B&BW fragrances are more appealing than this. Is it possible I was sent a very old bottle or one that was not stored properly and has gone off? It is almost as if there are no perfume oils in this fragrance at all.

I cannot imagine anyone complimenting me on this fragrance or leaning in to get a better whiff of it. Maybe if I wear it another couple of times something will "click," but my hopes are not high. I like several of Lancome's fragrances including Poeme which is truly lovely, but Tresor leaves me cold. I really am unsure what all I smell here, but I can say whatever it is, it is a rather synthetic smelling. I would be disappointed with this if was priced at $20 frankly. I am both disappointed and a bit angry that at this price point this is all I get.

Longevity, sillage and projection seem minimal, but in this case, that is probably a blessing. My best advice is to order a sample, or visit a large department store where you can test it on skin before you purchase. You may find it one of the most gorgeous fragrances you have ever smelt, but it leaves me feeling like I am not really wearing "perfume." Maybe it is the rose that is putting me off? I like generally like rose as a note, though, so whatever is in here is very disappointing for me. Try before you buy. Your milage may vary. Sorry I can not leave a more enthusiastic review right now. I will give it another couple of wears and update this review if anything changes. Perhaps Tresor is just another victim of bad reformulation. I really do not know as I never smelt it at the time it was launched.

Sorry, Lancome. Your Poeme is heavenly, but this Tresor is a huge disappointment. If you have reformulated, and I bet you have done many times since the original launch, go back to the original formulation. That is the formulation that made so many people fall in love with Tresor at the time. I cannot imagine what is called "Tresor" today is even remotely the same as the original formulation.
Sleppy94
A new fragrance in an old bottle
"A restaurant in Spain. Flowers everywhere. Ripe baked peaches under a noble vanilla sauce. A chilled sparkling wine to go with it. Simply divine!"

This was my statement about the Trésor EdP which a few months ago as a vintage miniature got to know. After such a positive impression, I had to order me of course as soon as possible a large bottle. Here in the Souk I also found it quickly for a VERY pleasant price. (Thanks again to @Eberlin!!!)

I liberally sprayed the newest member of my collection and didn't understand what was going on. What's stinging like that? What's that green thing? Leather? Now where the hell did the leather come from? There's nothing about it in the pyramid!!!

I read my statement again and it did NOT fit AT ALL. I smelled the mini again and it made sense again. So now I have to clarify here in a review: Lancôme has hidden a completely different scent here under the same name and in the same bottle. He is not bad and I also wear him very much. At some point, more peach comes out, but the leather note remains through and through. The peachy dessert has turned into a cool rose leather scent with peaches. This is no longer a 90s mommy like the scent people often associate. This is a self-confident woman who goes to the office in leather jacket and brightens up the day with her green peach freshness colleagues.

Conclusion: Old and new formulation both revolve around peach + rose, but that's it with the commonalities.

Scentility
Is this classic treasure still modern enough
Recently got this classic treasure. It’s very unique and different from the current either very floral or very gourmand trends. I have to say that initially I disliked it, but then I just couldn’t stop smelling it and reaching for it. I guess there’s something about it, some sort of mystery. You keep trying to smell it over and again. It’s interesting. You want to keep discovering it on yourself this Tresor. It opens up with a kind of cosmetics like note. You know, if you ever smelled a very expensive furniture polish lacquer box. It can be a little off putting and at same time addictive and inviting. After that initial blast, it transitions into the bitter peach core territory. It’s the prettiest sexiest apricot dry down and you just can’t stop smelling it on yourself. I bought it for winter, but it does not have a strong projection or silage. It stays pretty close to the skin. It’s very moderate. I know the description of the ad says it’s romantic, but to me it has a sort of strength a sort of toughness. And I find it can provide this toughness when you need it. I can imagine wearing it in those social professional situations and feeling quite confident. Should you wear this vintage classic now? To me, why not? I love its uniqueness and characteristic charm. You probably will smell more unique than most. It’s beautiful!
Funny nose?
Another comment on "Trésor", is it necessary? That's debatable, but I'd love to know what you think about my experience with this fragrance. It is a current one, not a vintage scent. Unlike many others here, I was not influenced by the 90s or anyone else. So I approached "Trésor" with an open mind.

Sprayed on as discreetly as possible, I perceive neither apricot nor peach blossom in the top note, no fruit at all. And also no sweetness. Rather something green, which I simply attribute to the (green?) Rose petals. But there's more, something tart, almost unpleasant. Are the lilies of the valley already coming through? I actually like them ... After a few minutes, I detect a subtle haze of rose that seems to hover over the other notes. Maybe the rose petals are not green after all ...
The heart notes are dominated by the tart green with rose accent, although it slowly diminishes and gives the floral notes a chance. The lily of the valley is joined by heliotrope, which makes the fragrance a bit more lovely. Sweet it is still not, but minimally powdery-soft and with a touch of cool vanilla, which fits well with the flowers.
The base note belongs to the cool vanilla, the tart green is now finally largely gone, the flowers can still be guessed. Company, but very shy, the vanilla gets from a musk note, something woody I smell not explicitly. Remains a discreet, cool vanilla note.

And now I ask myself: what's wrong with my nose? Or with my skin? I perceive the fragrance quite differently and find that a bit of a shame, because it is described here so beautifully and lovingly. To be honest, I don't like it very much. Now you might say: "Oh Mona, if you had tested it before". I have, dear ones, twice on a strip of paper. On the skin, however, not, I find with winter coat and scarf not so practical, otherwise the clothes smells the same. On paper it smelled similar, but not unpleasant, I thought it was interesting and fancy enough to buy this scent, I had a hankering for it. That's why I gave it several chances on my wrist.

But now it's sitting there, looking at each other a little sadly. I will probably give him away. The durability is pretty good, the next morning I still perceived the cool vanilla, and the sillage was also not bad. For my nose, however, it's not worth fighting through the rather unpleasant green to end up with a base note that's not particularly impressive.
Hope dies last
In 2013, a friend of mine bought her first "expensive" designer fragrance. After an overnight party, she sprayed two spritzes of Trésor on her neck in the morning. I was seriously impressed and couldn't believe that she would spray such an expensive perfume on her neck in the morning - without any special occasion. So, since I was 13, I knew this fragrance and always thought it was something unapproachably noble. I was wrong! So, wallowing in nostalgia, I recently ordered this fragrance using a voucher I got for Christmas and euphorically sprayed myself with it. I wasn't grossed out, but the desired wow effect still didn't happen. Now as I walked down to the kitchen where I met my mother, I was unfortunately forced to see Trésor's true face. "Jana what fragrance are you wearing? ... It's really not your scent honey. Don't you think this is more of a perfume for older ladies?". Gradually a feeling of disillusionment spread through me and when now my friend also said that I "smell like a granny", it was completely enough for me. Unfortunately, Trésor and I are no longer friends. The scent only reminds me of an 87 year old lady from the nursing home where I work part-time. I would have liked you so much, Trésor, but the two of us...that's not going to happen.
A great memory
This perfume was one of the first that completely captivated me. Maybe it was due to the fact that I got to know it, but it fascinated me from the first moment on!

At the time it seemed very mysterious, warm, flattering and somehow simply delicious. I had never smelled such a fragrance before and decided to buy a bottle as soon as possible.

In the 90s, Trésor was, next to Jil Sander No. 4 and Sun (in the men's Cool Water by Davidoff), simply a fragrance you couldn't get past. Today, the original version is too demure and well-behaved for me, because of the lovely fruits and vanilla it seems too childish to me with my almost 50 years, but it remains a nice memory. It is also still a great fragrance, warm and sensual, but no longer for me. After a lot of rummaging around here I will have a closer look at the various "grandchildren" of the Ur-Trésor, maybe there is something nice for me?
New discovery
Many years ago, a friend had discovered Tresor and so I also had the opportunity to sniff it a few times. I remember a shimmering bouquet of flowers with a clear radiance and good longevity. I found the fragrance beautiful, but also just too much, so Tresor never stood on my fragrance shelf.

Now I wear the second day the EdP from 1990 and am convinced that I met the EdT then. The EdP is also a floral bouquet, but it lacks that flicker, that radiating spread. Tresor EdP is powerful but rather calm and warm. An adult fragrance you could say. Very floral, apricot and peach blossom give a hint of how their tasty fruits will smell and taste. Lily of the valley adds, subtly, its spring freshness, vanilla a creamy texture and the base notes fix and ground the scent. In short, Tresor EdP is floral on my skin, warm, creamy with a hint of sweetness.

This Tresor could find a place on my shelf, were there still a spot available.

The sillage is for me still in the middle range on the way to the powerful radiance. The durability is good to very good with up to 8 hours and a bit more.

Addendum: The fragrance pyramid at Flaconi looks a little different...
The Thorn Bird
"Tresor" is anything but a well-kept, secretive secret. The women's fragrance heralded and coined the 90s, Lancome as a brand was also worn and defined. You have to do it first. And this "treasure" is still in vogue, even if it is due to its many flankers who, however, all pay respect to this mother ship. And also should. A code that seems a bit outdated and cracked in the meantime, keeps its head above water with updates, but was still incredibly valuable for the entire perfume industry.

This luxurious "locker" is typical of the 90s - soft and buttery yet with enough abrasion, texture and friction surface. The roses are not scratchy, but have character and look "real", while the apricots and peaches are soft and soft, almost velvety. And above all there is an enchanting, lusty and never too sweet musk vanilla veil. Simple but enormously mature and with a broad chest. If one were only to look at the fragrance pyramid, there could also be a modern sugar bullet behind it. But "Tresor" shows how it can be done differently with almost the same means. Stylish, diva-like, yet everyday and accessible enough. Few fragrances embody me their decade like this autumnal "steel chamber" of flower spikes. For me, however, only wearable by women, although I never actually make such "restrictions". Here it may be due to memories and nostalgia...

Flacon: one of the most beautiful in the mainstream of the last 30 years - fitting, fine, legant, without being kitschy.
Sillage: shows strength without obtrusiveness
Durability: I don't know how often/strongly it was reformulated or if I inherited a (very) old version - but it lasts hellishly well, quite loosely 9 hours.

Conclusion: a women's classic from the 90s, which lives up to its solid, still well wearable reputation. A thick-walled bouquet of prickly roses and soft fruits (peaches, apricots) - a fine play of contrasts. Even if I prefer other great classics on the lady of my heart. Something dusty but still great.
Peaches and roses
Tresor by Lancome has been around for a long time, since 1990, when it was a very popular fragrance and many young women wore it. He was a popular gift from men to their sweetheart. On occasions like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day he was strongly promoted and every perfumery presented him. He was "hyped" like LVEB today. Only that Tresor is much better and I can't at all with the latter.

I had known him for a long time, of course, but my heart belonged to opium in the nineties, that was my "treasure".
But at some point I also got a bottle of Tresor as a gift, and only in 2015. Also from my beloved.
So am I a vault after all? The batchcode says my bottle is from November 2014. It must have been reformulated before. Nevertheless, I like this formulation of 2014 very much. What came after that was supposed to be very bad. But I haven't tried the latest version, I have to say.

Tresor is a flowery and fruity fragrance. Very sweet, for me at the limit of the bearable. Nothing is sweeter for me than that. But here it is still possible, provided one does not overdose.
Despite the intense sweetness I like Tresor very much-even now in midsummer I wear it.
Dominantly I receive here the sweet peach or also peach gels. I also have to think a lot about the peach rubber bands from Hariobo. Rose joins it and also a lot of jasmine. A little vanilla rounds it off. I don't notice much of the base. Too much the peach blossom combination is stuck in my nose. The Sillage is strong in the beginning, then takes itself back a little, but is still clearly present. The 2014 version lasts 4-5 hours on me, which is enough for such a sweet scent.
On the packaging of my flacon there is something like a fragrance pyramid, which is a little bit different from the one above:
Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Jasmine Absolu, Sandalwood, Peach and Leather

In the meantime I bought a vintage bottle from August 1999 with a long bottle and packaging. But I haven't used it so often, the noble drop is too precious. Overall, the nineties version is rounder and peach and rose are even more noticeable to smell. It also lasts longer.
And I bought another bottle from October 2004, where the outer carton doesn't have this black border yet. Also , the bottle is still slightly narrower than now , although the same shape . So it can be said that the bottle has also gone more and more into the broad. Maybe I'll take a picture of the three bottles next to each other.

But also the 2014 version- I don't know since when and until when it existed, but shortly after it was apparently again "hands on" is still beautiful and not at all alienated. So if you find a batch of this date where you can find it, it's still recommended. But the cardboard already has its present shape with the black border which has been kept until now. So you really have to look at the batchcode here. And on the cardboard bottom it also says: Copyright Lancome 2014 in capital letters.

For me Tresor is a sweet-floral-fruity scent, which is still wearable for women of all ages even today
1.5
Oh jee...
I can't understand at all why this fragrance is so celebrated. He just doesn't smell good. My grandma always wore this scent and even today, when I smell it, I always associate it immediately with old ladies. From the age of 65 upwards, it is acceptable to have this special fragrance around you, but please only within the bounds of what is bearable.

ScentwitchScentwitch 8 months ago
A spicy scent that screams 1990s with strong sillage and longevity.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Powerful and intoxicating, peachy and very alcoholic, it's a real scented treasure .Good sillage in the vintage version. Nice bottle

Tresor im Wald...
by Smitty
by Smitty
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana
Zur Erinnerung an meine Mutter. Sie schenkte mir Tresor u. liebte Perlen.
by Baeumchen
by Johanna
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Lancôme

La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Iris Dragées by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Parfait de Rôses by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor Dentelle de Roses by Lancôme Balafre (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Balafre Brun (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lancôme Ôud Ambroisie by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Magie Noire (Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme L'Autre Ôud by Lancôme Sagamore (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme