Trésor Midnight Rose (2011)

Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme

Trésor Midnight Rose is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Anne Flipo

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Currant blossom, Peony, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 20.05.2019

Tresor Midnight Rose
When I first spray this, it instantly puts me in mind of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. I think because of the raspberry top note. It smells like sugared, dark fruits to me.

Once it starts to dry down, the Midnight Fantasy comparison becomes much less obvious as Midnight Fantasy stays syrupy sweet, loud and linear whereas Midnight Rose is softer, smoother, better blended with a hint of powdery florals.

Billing this as a "rose" fragrance and having it be a part of the name of this perfume is a stretch in my opinion. I can't pick out an obvious rose note from the other notes. Yes, there are definitely florals in this creation but the rose doesn't stand out to me from anything else. It's just a mix of florals. Perhaps they should have called this Midnight Flower or better yet, Midnight Berry instead. The powdery hint that I'm getting is nice and I'm happy that it's there. It adds a nice dimention to the florals and helps to temper the sweetness of the raspberry.

Most definitely, this is predominantly a fruity perfume. The berry smell is front and center but I don't find that it's too sweet. The fruitiness blends well with the rest of the notes and gives an overall impression of a very pleasant perfume. Is it anything really special? I don't think so. Would it stand out from the masses? No. Do I love it? Nope. However, I do like it. It's a good perfume and it has an expensive feel to it (as most of the other Lancome's) and I can see it being popular with with people who aren't looking for a mature, serious perfume.

The bottle is worth mentioning as it's quite lovely. Tall and sleek with a silk rose tied around the neck and I find that the purple colour does indeed match the idea of this scent.

Overall, a nice perfume that falls into the trend of today's fruity-floral fragrances and would most certainly please the demographic audience that it's aimed at.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Rosaviola
Midnight The rose opens its heart
Tresor Midnight Rose was once again a blind purchase from me as a half-full remaining bottle.
It took a while until I got really warm with Midnight Rose.
Now that I had him I wore him again and again and slowly I got to know his qualities and now I even appreciate him very much! Who knows, maybe I'll even buy it after myself? It is always worth getting to know fragrances slowly over a longer period of time and not giving them away again
This scent is a fruity floral scent and that was also the point why it took us a while to grow together.
He starts off with a fruity start with raspberries and currants. I like raspberries very much, but in the beginning the fruity prelude was too arbitrary for me. He didn't even bother me properly, rather the fruitiness bored me. The berries aren't too sweet, that's a plus. After some time dark velvety roses and pink pepper are added and the fruitiness retreats.
But what I like most about this fragrance is the beautiful base. This one develops really beautifully on me. A delicate scent flows from my neck upwards towards my nose and I have to smell my arm again and again. It is a very balanced blend of musk, vanilla only subtle and woody cedar. At this point I keep thinking that I don't regret having kept him. Quite wonderful, the Midnight Rose!

The durability lies in the good midfield and the Sillage is present, but not too strong. It is solidly made and also well wearable in everyday life.
The bottle of Tresor Midnight Rose is very pretty and comes into my bottle collection.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Daisyvision
To sum this up in one word: Juicy.
If you find Midnight Rose initially too sweet, cloying or fruity - stick around a while longer. It loses some of its fruitiness and gives way to a more sultry, spicy and mysterious vanilla-laced rose (as its name suggests). For me, it is powerful in both sillage and longevity, a small amount goes a long way.
5.0 2.5 4.0/10

stephaniek
Midnight Poof! It's Gone!
Oh, how I wish the longevity of this fragrance lasted! Despite three generous sprays (the fragrance was dripping up my arm), this just didn't last on my skin. There's a hint of it on my clothes, but for me it was more like, MIDNIGHT POOF! Gone at the strike of 12 (applied at the strike of 11).
7.5 5.0 7.5 3.0/10

Berries united!
Red and purple berries from all over the world escaped from a chemical lab and managed to unite in this bottle. So much about the top-notes. Should you be able to survive this berry-attack, you'll be given a nice reward: a vanilla-trifle treatment.
Who is this aimed at? 8-14 year-olds?
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Very Berry!
I decided to try this today, as had a lovely large sample. I have had Lancome fragrances in the past, and can't say I like them all, but this is the first fruity one I have tried. I have to be honest and say, I really don't detect Rose at all! But, Berries galore! First opening, a blast of Raspberry...followed by more berries..a hint of citrus, and still more types of berries. Too sweet for my liking, and didn't detect any cedar. It seems to last, but I find it very berry boring! The dry down is a bit of a let down, but perhaps this fragrance is geared more towards the real fruity (not much floral) fans. The bottle makes you think it will be more of an elegant scent..but, not in this case.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Jamalicious!
For me, this scent begins with very strong jammy and tart raspberries with a bit of rose. You can almost imagine you hear the bubbling of the rasperry and sugar mixture on the stovetop.

As the top notes fade out the musk and vanilla become more prominent. You can also notice some green (cedar?) somewhere in the back ground.

Although it's way too sweet for regular use by me, I really like it. Very feminine, sexy, yummy and pretty near edible fragrance. The sillage seems very good and the longevity is adequate (3-4 hours) for me.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

A Tresor flanker for the young ones
I'm on the fence when it comes to Tresor Midnight Rose. I'm not a huge fan of the top notes, yet the drydown has me somewhat captivated. Either way, I find this fragrance unique, which is one very pleasant aspect, especially in regards to a modern mainstream release.

Tresor Midnight Rose opens with a rather musty blend of pink pepper and rich, jammy berries. The overall feel is dark and mysterious, but perhaps a little too musky on the skin sometimes. A berry sweetness dominates this fragrance, sharing some similarities with typical releases from Escada to Mariah Carey. The rose adds a floral dimension to the composition, that certainly complies with this fragrance's femininity but doesn't cancel out the sugary aspect. I also get a strange cough syrup vibe.

For most of this fragrance's development, it's a mish-mash of heavy musk, synthetically sweet berries and pepper. I can't say that I'm a fan. However, closer to the drydown, Tresor Midnight Rose shows signs of complexity, and sweetens even further into a blend that can only be described as powdered chocolate and blueberry flavoured jellybeans.

Okay, so although it's still too sweet for my personal tastes, this rather captivating blend interests me greatly. In fact, I can hardly stop smelling it. It goes from a musky fruity floral to a rich gourmand in only a matter of hours. I'm kind of impressed.

The longevity is great, as is the sillage which projects itself quite strongly. Of all the Tresor flankers so far, including the original, Tresor Midnight Rose is certainly the best, but then again it has its moments.

by Andreas09
by Liebmausdana
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Jasmins Marzipane by Lancôme