Trésor Midnight Rose (2011)

Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme

Trésor Midnight Rose is a perfume by Lancôme for women and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Anne Flipo

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Currant blossom, Peony, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 25.10.2019

9.0 5.0 5.0 7.5/10

GirlofNow
The first time test dreamlike and the second time just funny...
I love and find (almost) all Lancome fragrances:) beautiful! I have also tested most of them and found many beautiful treasures among others in the Tresor fragrances. The la nuit Tresor edp has been my favourite perfume for one year now and would not like to miss it in my perfume collection anymore!:) At midnight rose I was always insecure... Not because the scent is bad, on the contrary! Do you know that when you test a certain scent öffters and that always smells differently? And that was exactly the case with midnight rose! When I tested for the first time had liked the me soooooo good! I smelled quite clearly such a beautiful and sweet raspberry note:) Midnight Rose could not convince there despite the beautiful raspberry note yet to buy, because I never buy the first time test a fragrance because unfortunately my opinion can change very quickly when it comes to fragrances. The second time we tested the fragrance was not as sweet and beautiful as the first time we tested it... He was slightly sour which disappointed me a little bit:( Because I love good raspberry scents.

A few weeks ago I left the perfumery and wanted to have a closer look at the fragrance or better said test it more closely... Because I wanted to buy myself a new spring fragrance, midnight rose is in my opinion actually a good spring fragrance because it is not heavy or intense. But I also wanted to test the musc diamond more closely:) Meaning I had to choose one of the two. I sprayed myself for Musc diamond on the right hand and midnight rose on the left. Also there I could LEIDER smell a sour note out at the midnight rose. The raspberry was very, very strong to smell but some note made the scent course funny...! The rose note was also very clear to smell, it was very fresh and grown up as I think. It wasn't a soapy rose, no it was a beautiful mature and feminine rose. Jasmine gave the fragrance a beautiful deep, also the course of the fragrance became much more feminine and darker through the jasmine I would almost say. Those were the only notes I could smell now with this fragrance... Nevertheless raspberry was to be smelled well again and again in the course of the fragrance.

I have to say that I didn't buy the fragrance because of the sour note and decided for the musc diamond. Nevertheless I will test this perfume again, maybe I will have a look and buy some fragrance but at the moment I do not think so. In my opinion, H+S was unfortunately not tingling either... On my skin I smelled the scent only for an hour and then no longer what I found a pity...:((

I would be mega interested if you also perceive fragrance so...? Because actually I think it's very nice, I unfortunately don't know if the tester is tilted but nevertheless I ask myself why the first time the tester was different and above all so beautiful and then just funny...:(

Tresor Midnight Rose
When I first spray this, it instantly puts me in mind of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. I think because of the raspberry top note. It smells like sugared, dark fruits to me.

Once it starts to dry down, the Midnight Fantasy comparison becomes much less obvious as Midnight Fantasy stays syrupy sweet, loud and linear whereas Midnight Rose is softer, smoother, better blended with a hint of powdery florals.

Billing this as a "rose" fragrance and having it be a part of the name of this perfume is a stretch in my opinion. I can't pick out an obvious rose note from the other notes. Yes, there are definitely florals in this creation but the rose doesn't stand out to me from anything else. It's just a mix of florals. Perhaps they should have called this Midnight Flower or better yet, Midnight Berry instead. The powdery hint that I'm getting is nice and I'm happy that it's there. It adds a nice dimention to the florals and helps to temper the sweetness of the raspberry.

Most definitely, this is predominantly a fruity perfume. The berry smell is front and center but I don't find that it's too sweet. The fruitiness blends well with the rest of the notes and gives an overall impression of a very pleasant perfume. Is it anything really special? I don't think so. Would it stand out from the masses? No. Do I love it? Nope. However, I do like it. It's a good perfume and it has an expensive feel to it (as most of the other Lancome's) and I can see it being popular with with people who aren't looking for a mature, serious perfume.

The bottle is worth mentioning as it's quite lovely. Tall and sleek with a silk rose tied around the neck and I find that the purple colour does indeed match the idea of this scent.

Overall, a nice perfume that falls into the trend of today's fruity-floral fragrances and would most certainly please the demographic audience that it's aimed at.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Rosaviola
Midnight The rose opens its heart
Tresor Midnight Rose was once again a blind purchase from me as a half-full remaining bottle.
It took a while until I got really warm with Midnight Rose.
Now that I had him I wore him again and again and slowly I got to know his qualities and now I even appreciate him very much! Who knows, maybe I'll even buy it after myself? It is always worth getting to know fragrances slowly over a longer period of time and not giving them away again
This scent is a fruity floral scent and that was also the point why it took us a while to grow together.
He starts off with a fruity start with raspberries and currants. I like raspberries very much, but in the beginning the fruity prelude was too arbitrary for me. He didn't even bother me properly, rather the fruitiness bored me. The berries aren't too sweet, that's a plus. After some time dark velvety roses and pink pepper are added and the fruitiness retreats.
But what I like most about this fragrance is the beautiful base. This one develops really beautifully on me. A delicate scent flows from my neck upwards towards my nose and I have to smell my arm again and again. It is a very balanced blend of musk, vanilla only subtle and woody cedar. At this point I keep thinking that I don't regret having kept him. Quite wonderful, the Midnight Rose!

The durability lies in the good midfield and the Sillage is present, but not too strong. It is solidly made and also well wearable in everyday life.
The bottle of Tresor Midnight Rose is very pretty and comes into my bottle collection.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Daisyvision
To sum this up in one word: Juicy.
If you find Midnight Rose initially too sweet, cloying or fruity - stick around a while longer. It loses some of its fruitiness and gives way to a more sultry, spicy and mysterious vanilla-laced rose (as its name suggests). For me, it is powerful in both sillage and longevity, a small amount goes a long way.
5.0 2.5 4.0/10

stephaniek
Midnight Poof! It's Gone!
Oh, how I wish the longevity of this fragrance lasted! Despite three generous sprays (the fragrance was dripping up my arm), this just didn't last on my skin. There's a hint of it on my clothes, but for me it was more like, MIDNIGHT POOF! Gone at the strike of 12 (applied at the strike of 11).
7.5 5.0 7.5 3.0/10

Berries united!
Red and purple berries from all over the world escaped from a chemical lab and managed to unite in this bottle. So much about the top-notes. Should you be able to survive this berry-attack, you'll be given a nice reward: a vanilla-trifle treatment.
Who is this aimed at? 8-14 year-olds?
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Very Berry!
I decided to try this today, as had a lovely large sample. I have had Lancome fragrances in the past, and can't say I like them all, but this is the first fruity one I have tried. I have to be honest and say, I really don't detect Rose at all! But, Berries galore! First opening, a blast of Raspberry...followed by more berries..a hint of citrus, and still more types of berries. Too sweet for my liking, and didn't detect any cedar. It seems to last, but I find it very berry boring! The dry down is a bit of a let down, but perhaps this fragrance is geared more towards the real fruity (not much floral) fans. The bottle makes you think it will be more of an elegant scent..but, not in this case.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Jamalicious!
For me, this scent begins with very strong jammy and tart raspberries with a bit of rose. You can almost imagine you hear the bubbling of the rasperry and sugar mixture on the stovetop.

As the top notes fade out the musk and vanilla become more prominent. You can also notice some green (cedar?) somewhere in the back ground.

Although it's way too sweet for regular use by me, I really like it. Very feminine, sexy, yummy and pretty near edible fragrance. The sillage seems very good and the longevity is adequate (3-4 hours) for me.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

A Tresor flanker for the young ones
I'm on the fence when it comes to Tresor Midnight Rose. I'm not a huge fan of the top notes, yet the drydown has me somewhat captivated. Either way, I find this fragrance unique, which is one very pleasant aspect, especially in regards to a modern mainstream release.

Tresor Midnight Rose opens with a rather musty blend of pink pepper and rich, jammy berries. The overall feel is dark and mysterious, but perhaps a little too musky on the skin sometimes. A berry sweetness dominates this fragrance, sharing some similarities with typical releases from Escada to Mariah Carey. The rose adds a floral dimension to the composition, that certainly complies with this fragrance's femininity but doesn't cancel out the sugary aspect. I also get a strange cough syrup vibe.

For most of this fragrance's development, it's a mish-mash of heavy musk, synthetically sweet berries and pepper. I can't say that I'm a fan. However, closer to the drydown, Tresor Midnight Rose shows signs of complexity, and sweetens even further into a blend that can only be described as powdered chocolate and blueberry flavoured jellybeans.

Okay, so although it's still too sweet for my personal tastes, this rather captivating blend interests me greatly. In fact, I can hardly stop smelling it. It goes from a musky fruity floral to a rich gourmand in only a matter of hours. I'm kind of impressed.

The longevity is great, as is the sillage which projects itself quite strongly. Of all the Tresor flankers so far, including the original, Tresor Midnight Rose is certainly the best, but then again it has its moments.

by Andreas09
by Liebmausdana
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Lancôme

La Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Trésor (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Hypnôse Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Poême (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor L'Eau de Parfum by Lancôme Miracle (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose by Lancôme Trésor in Love by Lancôme Magie Noire (Eau de Toilette) by Lancôme Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme Cuir de Lancôme by Lancôme Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie by Lancôme La Nuit Trésor à la Folie by Lancôme Idôle by Lancôme Magnifique (Eau de Parfum) by Lancôme La Vie est Belle L'Absolu by Lancôme Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme Ô d'Azur by Lancôme