Lanvin L'Homme 1997 Eau de Toilette

Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin
Bottle Design Pascal Mourgue
Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Lanvin for men and was released in 1997. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.09.2021.

Ramonku
Great opening, then becomes soap
The opening is delicious, it smells clean and pure, like fresh air; certainly the mix of neroli with citrus is great.

After the opening becomes soapy, a good soap though, but I don´t like to smell like a soap bar, so ... not for me.
AlterHerr
The favourite softener among the eau de toilettes
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

Every fragrance lover knows the moment of truth, namely just that moment when a bottle repeatedly approaches the end, and you have to admit to yourself, which Wässerchen then actually counts to the personal favorites without any enthusiasm.

In my case, this is undoubtedly Lanvin L'Homme Edt. whereby I always met the company a certain open-mindedness, since the wardrobe from the same house always counted to my favorite brands.

But what is so special about Lanvin L'Homme? In a word: the freshness.

One to two spritzes transform your own self into a wonderful mountain of floral white freshly washed laundry. This fragrance does not try at all to provoke, or to attract attention, but is content with the original task of every perfume, namely the improvement of the own smell. This he does but in such a sublime coolness and aplomb that the bulk of the rest of the perfume market must suddenly seem stenzartig next to it.
The positive neutrality of lavender dominates the top note so convincingly that a light touch of residual florality from bergamot and neroli creates just this feeling.

This top note is the most detached response to Parfums de Marly's Herod imaginable. In the Harry Potter universe, my boggart would consist of imagining myself at an evening stand-up party wetted with Herod - or worse, 1 Million - next to a Lanvin L'Homme wearer.

Yet Lanvin's L'Homme maintains its scandalous balance as it progresses, with pepper offsetting the sweetness of cardamom, and a brilliant interplay of amber and sandalwood offsetting the vanilla. All of this happens in such a unified way, though, that the scent fades out quite smoothly rather than really changing. Few fragrances can claim such a coherent wholeness.

In fact, I can think of only one comparable fragrance, namely Creed's Silver Mountain Water, which also exudes a rather captivating aura of freshness, although the Lanvin fragrance comes across as one step more purified and less maritime.
Or to put it another way: if you were to wash your favorite bedding with crystal clear glacier water and Vernel, you would be able to guess the profile of the fragrance quite well.

Please don't get me wrong:
I'm not talking about sterility and brittle cleaner charm, but true perfection.
So perfect that I catch myself with no other fragrance from my collection so often,
him simply times in between when going to the bathroom just for myself to put on.

A corresponding Roja addiction would be costly at times, but L'Homme is moreover convincing with a ridiculous price tag. This fragrance is the definitve signature of every man who has nothing more to prove in life.

He is simply there, and that's good
Synthetic Heart
After all the positive comments to this fragrance I was so curious, that I immediately bought my own bottle here in the souk.
After comments like "The balance in person" and "Unobtrusive companion" followed by performances of Southern France, I was very excited. The price for this very favorable smell let me grab immediately to the bottle.
In the meantime I have it some time and could test the smell development accordingly and find out when it is the most pleasant to wear.

First to the fragrance:
Although the prelude is very fresh, the citrus notes can only be guessed for my sensation. The whole prelude looks quite synthetic and actually rather aquatic. In the further process cardamom, mint and sage can be perceived fast, paired with lavender, perhaps also pepper resonates, which I cannot clearly identify however.
The base of musk, sandalwood and vanilla is waiting in vain during the shelf life of this fragrance. I take more than the fresh aquatic herbal synthetics even if the fragrance after about 6 hours close to the skin is not
Since I am not a fan of aquatic fragrances and also do not like synthetic fragrances so much, I have rarely worn the fragrance. I found the only good opportunity to put it on was in sports. There is also a sports version of the fragrance but this is also quite suitable for it.

Perhaps this fragrance has fallen victim to one or the other reformulation since its introduction in 1997, perhaps one has to be a friend of aquatic synthetics in order to determine the balance of this fragrance and to feel transported to southern French landscapes.
Unfortunately he could not achieve this effect with me.

The bottle is really a hand caress and the cap is a nice gimmick. All in all, the fragrance and its packaging are of a higher quality than the price might suggest.
He still has to move out of my collection, but if you feel like synthetic-aquatic freshness with a portion of herbal spice, you are well served with this representative of the late 90s.
The dream of France's South
It's like walking through lavender fields near the sea. The air is spicy and fresh and slightly salty. Even when it is very hot, there is always a pleasant, slightly cool wind, which makes the heat very bearable. From time to time you will encounter flowering orange trees, whose aromas blend with lavender and "sea" and enter into a very loving "liasion". There are also spice bushes here, cardamom, mint and sage thrive. If one rubs a leaf with it, a wonderfully herb-spicy scent comes to the fore. All in all, Lanvin L' homme is a very harmonious fragrance that has aromatherapy qualities.
The durability and sillage is quite better on my skin than stated above. Five to six hours this calming and "cozy" scent accompanies me clearly smellable.
I've never been to the south of France, but I've seen shows about the landscapes that make you happy. And make such an impression on me, how this EdT smells.
I can also well imagine mixing "L'homme" into a perfume-free body milk after bathing or showering and then spraying on the fragrance "pure" for a short time It makes you in a good mood, calms you down after stress and lets your whole body and soul recover.
Including dream pictures of lavender fields and beautiful landscapes. The sea near....
Fappelzillip
Aquatic remains aquatic remains aquatic remains aquatic
At first I thought it resembled some drugstore smell I got as a gift (believe something from David Beckham or something). But after a while, his class shows. First of all in the fact that after a few hours it is still there at all, and in addition well perceptible. And that I can hardly sniff out anything synthetic here. Really well done. One is surrounded by a very transparent and restrained fresh lavender-mint aura. And if you (almost) want to smell like a fresh shower all day long, you are sure to make a good choice and finally also a good value for money.
But Aquat remains Aquat. As with most of these fragrances, I lack a certain depth here, something interesting that animates to smell again. In my opinion, these fragrances are not suitable at all to underline one's own individuality. So according to the motto: I want to smell good, but I don't want to attract attention, let alone be addressed for my fragrance. The only exception I have come across here so far is Aqva Amara from Bvlgari. He's really great and he's got this certain "let me smell something again" thing. But that is another topic, also fragrance-technically, because that is for me already no more pure Aquate.
So: This is a really well made, natural, very fresh and long-lasting but inconspicuous clean scent, which is already very cheap to have online at the moment. Don't growl. Don't bite. Doesn't even want to play...
Clear thing
The friend's birthday is in August, and I have to see that I get a fragrance for him that suits both the summer and his type.

The birthday child is of a calm, balanced mind - but not a bore.
He is a masculine appearance, but far from macho.
Literature and music are his profession - just like his BMW.
I think I found the right fragrance with Lanvin.

Its minty coolness is emphasized again by Neroli, and also the lavender is of calm freshness.
The aquatic mandarin provides transparency.
A clear fragrance - for clear minds.
Cardamom andabei only work as a spicy breath - and delicate sweetness convey amber and vanilla.
Homme remains light and floating without being fleeting.

I would describe this summery, crystalline scent almost as unisex - with a tendency towards masculine.
But also in other seasons this cool, but not undercooled scent is well wearable.

I will gladly perceive this pleasantly balanced scent on my friend

JCopelandSFP
Nothing special, but that ain't bad
Starts off bright, soapy-fresh, citrusy, and a little sweet. Fresh soapiness comes from lavender, citrus seems to be mostly coming mostly from bergamot and neroli (especially up close, a tad bitter), and the slight sweetness seems to originate from the mandarin orange. I notice that off of my shirt, because the fragrance drys much slower, it stays on the sweeter side for longer. Overall, a nice smell in the beginning. Fairly light projection, but definitely creates a scent bubble. After an hour+, I still get a bit of a scent bubble but projection has definitely calmed down. Overall scent is still a bit soapy-fresh, musky (musk in the base), and even a little herbal (sage). Still getting a little bit of bitterness. 90+ minutes in, I'm loving the muskiness that seems to be taking over the soapy-freshness. After almost 3 hours in, I can barely pick this up around me. It's barely coming off of my hand, but I feel as if it might have a stronger presence off of my shirt. Ultimately smells musky with a hint of neroli and creamy sandalwood. Very, very light, but very pleasant. This is an easy to wear, classy, masculine scent that will be great for casual daytime wear (perfect for work, lunch date, etc.). 4 hours later, I can conclude that shirt-spraying with this one is the way to go. I feel like the fragrance has rested at its heart notes in its sillage, and it gives off a consistent, pleasant aura. By the 6th hour, barely a skin scent. Safe range for longevity on skin is 4-6 hours.

~ Lavender by Lanvin ~
~ This is what air, clean white shirts and heavenly dreams are made of! From the very crisp and fresh bergamot and neroli opening to my favorite middle notes of a soft creamy lavender this is a pleasant people pleaser! The base offers lingering amber notes that are almost translucent but still detectable in almost a subconscious level. A smart, sophisticated, safe skin scent with lasting sillage! Perfect for a day at the office or a sunny afternoon in the backyard on the hammock.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

change in notes
Im feeling very sad yesterday i was arranging my collection yesterday & i have two bottle of this one of them is half & the other one almost full , anyway i try to sniff the full bottle and i was shock . the notes change 100% nothing like original , it become soapy .

AnasaliAnasali 2 years ago
the most relaxing smell i ever came across . love
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
A burst of citrus top notes, which introduce the creamy-floral-minty-spicy heart, and lead to a sensual trail of smooth musky and ambery aura

by Uxfoerd
by Uxfoerd
by Achilles
#summer, #aromatic, #sensual# sweet, #warm, #citrus, #light, #fruity, #soft, #floral, #comforting, #green, #deep, #powdery, #bright, #freshspicy, #inviting, #warmspicy, #cozy, #balsamic, #fresh
by Elysium
by Keppy
by Keppy
by Michael
by Michael
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Lanvin

Lanvin for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Arpège (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Eau My Sin / Mon Péché (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Arpège (1927) (Extrait) by Lanvin Rumeur (1934) (Extrait) by Lanvin Éclat d'Arpège (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Scandal (Extrait) by Lanvin Arpège pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Eau Arpège (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin A Girl In Capri by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Avant Garde by Lanvin Oxygène by Lanvin Via Lanvin (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Prétexte (Extrait) by Lanvin Clair de Jour by Lanvin Monsieur Lanvin (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - II: Oud & Rose by Lanvin Oxygène Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin