Lanvin L'Homme (1997) Eau de Toilette

Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin
Bottle Design: Pascal Mourgue

Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Lanvin for men and was released in 1997. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Mint, Pepper, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.05.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Synthetic Heart
After all the positive comments to this fragrance I was so curious, that I immediately bought my own bottle here in the souk.
After comments like "The balance in person" and "Unobtrusive companion" followed by performances of Southern France, I was very excited. The price for this very favorable smell let me grab immediately to the bottle.
In the meantime I have it some time and could test the smell development accordingly and find out when it is the most pleasant to wear.

First to the fragrance:
Although the prelude is very fresh, the citrus notes can only be guessed for my sensation. The whole prelude looks quite synthetic and actually rather aquatic. In the further process cardamom, mint and sage can be perceived fast, paired with lavender, perhaps also pepper resonates, which I cannot clearly identify however.
The base of musk, sandalwood and vanilla is waiting in vain during the shelf life of this fragrance. I take more than the fresh aquatic herbal synthetics even if the fragrance after about 6 hours close to the skin is not
Since I am not a fan of aquatic fragrances and also do not like synthetic fragrances so much, I have rarely worn the fragrance. I found the only good opportunity to put it on was in sports. There is also a sports version of the fragrance but this is also quite suitable for it.

Perhaps this fragrance has fallen victim to one or the other reformulation since its introduction in 1997, perhaps one has to be a friend of aquatic synthetics in order to determine the balance of this fragrance and to feel transported to southern French landscapes.
Unfortunately he could not achieve this effect with me.

The bottle is really a hand caress and the cap is a nice gimmick. All in all, the fragrance and its packaging are of a higher quality than the price might suggest.
He still has to move out of my collection, but if you feel like synthetic-aquatic freshness with a portion of herbal spice, you are well served with this representative of the late 90s.
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

The dream of France's South
It's like walking through lavender fields near the sea. The air is spicy and fresh and slightly salty. Even when it is very hot, there is always a pleasant, slightly cool wind, which makes the heat very bearable. From time to time you will encounter flowering orange trees, whose aromas blend with lavender and "sea" and enter into a very loving "liasion". There are also spice bushes here, cardamom, mint and sage thrive. If one rubs a leaf with it, a wonderfully herb-spicy scent comes to the fore. All in all, Lanvin L' homme is a very harmonious fragrance that has aromatherapy qualities.
The durability and sillage is quite better on my skin than stated above. Five to six hours this calming and "cozy" scent accompanies me clearly smellable.
I've never been to the south of France, but I've seen shows about the landscapes that make you happy. And make such an impression on me, how this EdT smells.
I can also well imagine mixing "L'homme" into a perfume-free body milk after bathing or showering and then spraying on the fragrance "pure" for a short time It makes you in a good mood, calms you down after stress and lets your whole body and soul recover.
Including dream pictures of lavender fields and beautiful landscapes. The sea near....
7.0 5.0 7.0 7.0/10

Fappelzillip
Aquatic remains aquatic remains aquatic remains aquatic
At first I thought it resembled some drugstore smell I got as a gift (believe something from David Beckham or something). But after a while, his class shows. First of all in the fact that after a few hours it is still there at all, and in addition well perceptible. And that I can hardly sniff out anything synthetic here. Really well done. One is surrounded by a very transparent and restrained fresh lavender-mint aura. And if you (almost) want to smell like a fresh shower all day long, you are sure to make a good choice and finally also a good value for money.
But Aquat remains Aquat. As with most of these fragrances, I lack a certain depth here, something interesting that animates to smell again. In my opinion, these fragrances are not suitable at all to underline one's own individuality. So according to the motto: I want to smell good, but I don't want to attract attention, let alone be addressed for my fragrance. The only exception I have come across here so far is Aqva Amara from Bvlgari. He's really great and he's got this certain "let me smell something again" thing. But that is another topic, also fragrance-technically, because that is for me already no more pure Aquate.
So: This is a really well made, natural, very fresh and long-lasting but inconspicuous clean scent, which is already very cheap to have online at the moment. Don't growl. Don't bite. Doesn't even want to play...
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Clear thing
The friend's birthday is in August, and I have to see that I get a fragrance for him that suits both the summer and his type.

The birthday child is of a calm, balanced mind - but not a bore.
He is a masculine appearance, but far from macho.
Literature and music are his profession - just like his BMW.
I think I found the right fragrance with Lanvin.

Its minty coolness is emphasized again by Neroli, and also the lavender is of calm freshness.
The aquatic mandarin provides transparency.
A clear fragrance - for clear minds.
Cardamom andabei only work as a spicy breath - and delicate sweetness convey amber and vanilla.
Homme remains light and floating without being fleeting.

I would describe this summery, crystalline scent almost as unisex - with a tendency towards masculine.
But also in other seasons this cool, but not undercooled scent is well wearable.

I will gladly perceive this pleasantly balanced scent on my friend

JCopelandSFP
Nothing special, but that ain't bad
Starts off bright, soapy-fresh, citrusy, and a little sweet. Fresh soapiness comes from lavender, citrus seems to be mostly coming mostly from bergamot and neroli (especially up close, a tad bitter), and the slight sweetness seems to originate from the mandarin orange. I notice that off of my shirt, because the fragrance drys much slower, it stays on the sweeter side for longer. Overall, a nice smell in the beginning. Fairly light projection, but definitely creates a scent bubble. After an hour+, I still get a bit of a scent bubble but projection has definitely calmed down. Overall scent is still a bit soapy-fresh, musky (musk in the base), and even a little herbal (sage). Still getting a little bit of bitterness. 90+ minutes in, I'm loving the muskiness that seems to be taking over the soapy-freshness. After almost 3 hours in, I can barely pick this up around me. It's barely coming off of my hand, but I feel as if it might have a stronger presence off of my shirt. Ultimately smells musky with a hint of neroli and creamy sandalwood. Very, very light, but very pleasant. This is an easy to wear, classy, masculine scent that will be great for casual daytime wear (perfect for work, lunch date, etc.). 4 hours later, I can conclude that shirt-spraying with this one is the way to go. I feel like the fragrance has rested at its heart notes in its sillage, and it gives off a consistent, pleasant aura. By the 6th hour, barely a skin scent. Safe range for longevity on skin is 4-6 hours.

~ Lavender by Lanvin ~
~ This is what air, clean white shirts and heavenly dreams are made of! From the very crisp and fresh bergamot and neroli opening to my favorite middle notes of a soft creamy lavender this is a pleasant people pleaser! The base offers lingering amber notes that are almost translucent but still detectable in almost a subconscious level. A smart, sophisticated, safe skin scent with lasting sillage! Perfect for a day at the office or a sunny afternoon in the backyard on the hammock.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
10.0/10

Helpful Review
change in notes
Im feeling very sad yesterday i was arranging my collection yesterday & i have two bottle of this one of them is half & the other one almost full , anyway i try to sniff the full bottle and i was shock . the notes change 100% nothing like original , it become soapy .

Elysium 3 years ago
A burst of citrus top notes, which introduce the creamy-floral-minty-spicy heart, and lead to a sensual trail of smooth musky and ambery aura+2
5.0
6.0

by Uxfoerd
by Uxfoerd
by Achilles
#summer, #aromatic, #sensual# sweet, #warm, #citrus, #light, #fruity, #soft, #floral, #comforting, #green, #deep, #powdery, #bright, #freshspicy, #inviting, #warmspicy, #cozy, #balsamic, #fresh
by Elysium
by Michael
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Lanvin

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Arpège pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Oxygène by Lanvin Arpège (1927) (Extrait) by Lanvin Arpège (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Avant Garde by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin Couture by Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose by Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin by Lanvin Oxygène Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Me by Lanvin Eau My Sin / Mon Péché (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Marry Me! by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - Oud & Rose by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - Orange Ambre by Lanvin Eau Arpège (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Éclat d'Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin