Rumeur (2007) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2007
Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin

Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Lanvin for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-powdery. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesMagnolia
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orange blossom, Plum, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.08.2019

5.0 7.0 5.0 5.0/10

Bussi - no thanks
I am not a friend of the Bussi culture - so "kiss left - kiss right" greeting and the like...
I just don't like it.
But this is quite an abomination to me if I become the involuntary victim of foolhardy flavoured gentlemen (more rarely ladies) - and afterwards carry their olfactory legacies around with me for the rest of the day/evening...
With every movement I perceive what was left on my skin unwanted. Sometimes it just annoys me, but in the worst case it causes upset and/or headaches.
If I also find myself in a social event from which I can't easily distance myself, my pain takes on astronomical proportions (which may be difficult for others to comprehend)...

Why am I telling this? That's how I feel about "Rumeur".
The fragrance pyramid of this fabric made me rejoice and long for a container. But finally on my skin (thanks to a hearty donation from a dear Parfuma; a thousand thanks!): I really only notice a kind of aftershave. Aftershave, aftershave, aftershave... bööh.
"Flowery Powdery"? Not at all. On me a downright passive-aggressive aftershave note unfolds that neither wavers nor gives way. In a kind of fascination of horror, my nose wanders for hours to the wetting ("scented" I don't want to say here) arm - and still and again gibt´s aftershave, aftershave, aftershave. I don't recognize a fragrance development, and only the patchouli I can identify to some extent...
I'm afraid (please don't hit!) if this creation were offered in any bottle in the lowest drugstore shelf for two-fun - it wouldn't take me by surprise.

I would love to speak in a flowery way of the journey that took me to Rumeur and of everything I experienced then...
Alone, I have only the wish that he may go where all the rumors belong:
To Pepperland.
10.0 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

An Addictive Chameleon
After reading some reviews from fellow perfumistas about Rumeur I can only be -yet again- amazed at how our chemistry and sense of smell make each fragrance an utterly personal experience. I can only smile at the name and how appropriate it is: Rumeur (rumours, talk, buzz etc) Indeed! Rumeur causes a lot of that, it is a hate or love fragrance and if it were a woman she would say with a posh french accent: "love me or hate me but don't dare to be indifferent to me! Merde!" ; )

Love at first sniff is what I experienced with this beautiful darling. No nail-polish remover or plastic notes at all. Au contraire; roses with the most amazing mock orange, than jasmine and a heavenly magnolia unfold their beautiful note opera, followed by a dry down of musk dipped in a soft vanilla. -the patchouli is not at all noticeable to me, but perhaps it's hiding behind the musk?- Hmmm It's quite a beauty.
It cannot be compared to the other Lanvin classic Lady called Arpege -- Arpege is sultry in an oriental, vintage way. Whereas Rumeur is more like a delicious floral (slightly fruity) Lady with a soft powdery dry down. A hint of vintage vibe floats around her, but it is a vintage that is timeless in its beauty.

The orange-rose notes combine to my nose to something like Chanels Mademoiselle but with far more rose. A rose with an orange edge, a magnolia cloud and a faint vanilla/musk dry-down. And it lasts and lasts. People stop me and ask me what that delicious scent is that is trailing and softly embracing me. It's divine and not linear but extremely expressive in its note development. A "mood stone" among perfumes. I love it! And I haven't even mentioned the gorgeous and classy bottle. Tres chic! Tres beau!

To me this Lanvin is right up there with Chanels classy Ladies. Don't judge this one by reviews, try it on your skin and see if this classy French Lady is in the mood to seduce you. If she does, I guarantee that you'll have a new great love in your life, and it all started with a Rumeur! ; )

Silage is: "OMG! I'm being seduced with roses, magnolia, lilac and fresh oranges! YUM!" -- Longevity is awesome 10+ hours. Real value for your money.
An affair that will last until they stop making it and I can't find it anymore. *LOVE*
6.0/10

Seek out the Parfum
The only way to go with this fragrance is in the parfum concentration, with a 15ml bottle available for under $20 if you hunt it out. The EdP has a metallic edge to me - it might be the same bothersome quality that many others report. That bothersomeness is missing in the parfum concentration but is present in EdP.

Rumeur is a pleasant floral woody musk. Nothing earth shattering but not offensive either. Would make a good office scent. In the same playground as SJP Lovely and NR for Her. Personally, I would choose one of those over Rumeur, although I own them all. ;)
5.0 10.0 7.5 4.0/10

Nail Polish Remover
The Opening Smells like Nail Polish Remover
i don't smell the Magnolias
just a heap full or Jasmine the lily is
trying to make it's presence known but
the jasmine just hogs up the smelling show
what a ham that jasmine is hehehehe
the plum comes later during the drydown
and sandalwood and musk closes the show

but when you bere the nailpolish stage
this seems to be an intoxicating perfume.
10.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Brilliant
I am very lucky that my skin chemistry goes with such wonderful smells in harmony!

Magnolien are part of my favorite flowers and a little tribe decorates my frontyard.
The flower smells show a hearty community.
Nobody jumps the line; everyone forms a circle of friends with each other.
A breath of musk inserts himself being warm into the powdered little cream pot. It doesn't need any more to make the wearer happy.

I feel the smell nobly, softly and very tender primarily to me, classically feminine, stylish, wonderful.
The list of things desired lies ready.

Correction: It is in my possession meanwhile :-)

Gorgia 16 days ago
This parfume is a string of pearls among the bress.Classy elegant an sophisticated....

by Hexana
by Gwiazdka72
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Lanvin

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Arpège pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Oxygène by Lanvin Arpège (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Arpège (1927) (Extrait) by Lanvin Avant Garde by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin Couture by Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose by Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin by Lanvin Oxygène Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Me by Lanvin Eau My Sin / Mon Péché (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Marry Me! by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - Oud & Rose by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - Orange Ambre by Lanvin Eau Arpège (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Éclat d'Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin