Rumeur 2 Rose (2008)

Rumeur 2 Rose by Lanvin
Bottle Design: Alber Elbaz

Rumeur 2 Rose is a perfume by Lanvin for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Grapefruit, Green notes, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckle, Jasmine, Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Mock-orange, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.07.2019

7.5 5.0 5.0 4.0/10

A Fleeting Rumour
I LOVE the original Rumeur and a nice rose scent is always welcome. In my mind "Rumeur 2 Rose" would smell reminiscent of the original Rumeur with a nicely blended rose note. The thought alone was soo tempting that I just wanted to tell the sales lady to ring it up. But, to be on the safe side I decided to test it and I am glad that I did!

Boy oh boy was I disappointed! On me "Rumeur 2 Rose" is a diluted version of the Original Rumeur with a watery rose surrounded by weak citrics somewhere on the note scale. A shadow of the original and a drowning rose in the middle. Fleeting, unimpressive and so very different from the beauty of the original. If it were only stronger and better mixed I would have been so happy! It was on sale and a 100ML bottle to boot! However, this one is not for me, alas. I guess you can't win them all. For all of you who get a lush rose on-top of the original divine magnolia base. Lucky you! Enjoy! : )
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Rose scented shampoo
Rumeur 2 Rose is an interesting fragrance in the sense that it's not entirely rose, but a rich blend of fruits and flowers.

I think I initially expected something quite sweet, rosy and fruity, but Rumeur 2 Rose is not so predictable. The opening is actually quite bitter and sharp, what seems to be lemon, bitter orange and pink rose counteracting with one another.

It does settle after awhile, however the fruitiness remains. I can detect an array of floral notes at times, but during most of its development, Rumeur 2 Rose is all about luscious roses and zesty citrus.

I'm not a huge fan of this fragrance because I think it smells very much like an expensive shampoo or shower gel. I do actually own this fragrance in the shower gel because I found it cheap and I knew I would enjoy using it along with other rose-scented bath products. As a perfume though, I'm not convinced.

I don't find this fragrance particularly refreshing, yet I do enjoy its unique take on a common rose note. It reminds me of Spring and I think it can also be worn by anyone of any age. The drydown is quite musky with subtle hints of earthy patchouli, which is thankfully not overpowering in the base.

The lasting power is not bad, lasting well over six hours. I think Rumeur 2 Rose is a fruity rose scent with a lot of character.

by DarkMatter
by DarkMatter
by Dariaviolin
by Dariaviolin
by Lel5
by Lel5

Popular Lanvin

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Arpège pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Oxygène by Lanvin Arpège (1927) (Extrait) by Lanvin Arpège (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Avant Garde by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin Couture by Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose by Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin by Lanvin Oxygène Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Me by Lanvin Eau My Sin / Mon Péché (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Marry Me! by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - Oud & Rose by Lanvin Les Notes de Lanvin - Orange Ambre by Lanvin Eau Arpège (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Éclat d'Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin