Ameer Al Oudh

Ameer Al Oudh by Lattafa

Ameer Al Oudh is a popular perfume by Lattafa for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by CountZero, last update on 07.12.2019.

8.0 8.0 8.5/10

At the Oudist Beach, Part 6: Arabia Felix
At the very beginning of my perfume time, probably as a free addition to my very first souk order (Souk fits here), a tiny sample "Black Oudh" by Al Haramain came under my nose and knocked me over so much that the fragrance has been on my wish list ever since as a kind of unfulfilled longing. I probably didn't dare to write comments or statements at that time, at least I didn't leave anything in writing. The fact that I have never fulfilled my wish is perhaps also due to a certain fear, whether this powerful scent is not a little too strong for everyday use, for myself and especially for my not necessarily oud-affine surroundings.

If my memory doesn't play tricks on me, which is possible, of course, because the Black Oudh fragrance experience is well over two years ago and because both come from inexpensive Arab suppliers, so you might think they "must" have something in common, then Lattafa's "Ameer Al Oudh" is a fragrance that comes very close to Al-Aramain, but which presents itself somewhat more tamed and well-balanced; a ruler, not a jinni. That he still doesn't like the little nose on my side is another question.

Be it because of my early Oud initiation by "Black Oudh", be it for other reasons, this scent type, Black Oudh in the more uninhibited and this one here in the more controlled version, is for me the true, genuine, authentic, classic Oud perfume type, which I very much appreciate, so to speak the reference type I. I also like the - for the common Central European office person much more suitable for everyday use - type of the fine, urban polished and quite stinkfrei "Berliner Oud", represented by Lehmann's "Oud" and Urban Scents "Singular Oud", but this reference type II is not the topic today
Ameer (that's probably the same word as "emir", isn't it?) starts with a very powerful, but not murderous fanfare of very distinctive woody-oud notes with at least as striking resinous-fresh-balsamic counterpoint. He has a golden glow and is very classic, powerful but tidy and not violent. Despite its clarity and strength, the oud note is not excessively pungent. That is one of the main points of contention here with the pre-reviews; I take the side of those who perceive little animalism, I would say two to three on the cowshed scale ranging from zero to ten. And at all, if animalistic, then with a royal scent of course bird of prey crap and not cowshed. Special in this phase, but basically to the end for me a very masculine fragrance, my imagination hardly reaches so far to introduce it to me "with success" to a lady or young woman. But who knows, my imagination is not the measure of all things.

As the wine progresses, the balsamic-fresh notes recede somewhat, while the strong, woody, ovoid basic tone continues, and then partially take their place with moderately honey-sweet and spicy notes, sometimes even with a kind of fruity touch. But the fragrance never gets cuddly sweet or even sticky (that's another point of contention here among my esteemed colleagues; I'm clearly positioning myself on the no-sugar alarm page) and, above all, never gets out of hand, but keeps its firm center.

For me a thoroughly likeable oud, whose "ruling" name attribute I understand in the sense of the medieval princely mirrors, for which there were certainly equivalents in the Arab-Islamic cultural area as well: This sea radiates power and power, but always maintains control, retains its center, remains straightforward and attracts admiration through its well coordinated virtues.

If it (for the time being, further tests are reserved) remains at "only" 8.5 points (if you want to regard this as a deficit), then it's because this Lattafa initially arouses great pleasure and respect in me, but at the moment still no princely love; the spark doesn't (yet?) jump all over me. Maybe I'm too Republican for that, too.
6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Essence of Essence
Ameer Al Oudh - the Lattafas already create images of an idealized Orient by name. There the smell comes in the use a Zacken more profaner therefore. I find the prelude minimal medical. The often woody-dry-sour appearance of oud is otherwise captured and smoothed by a creamy overtone. After a quarter of an hour I even imagine a floral note. Jasmin?

A little later I think of the concentrated wood note from Duro. However, here it is milder, sweeter and probably closer to real Oud wood. And speaking of Nasomatto: As we move on (see noirceur's statement), a relationship to Black Afgano indeed becomes unsmellable, although the one in front rushes much sweeter and thicker. With coffee etc. Ameer Al Oudh doesn't irritate us.

I agree with the statement that everything that can be perceived as exaggerated and hewn on with the Nasomatto has become rounder in the Lattafa. In particular, the possibly somewhat out-of-control aroma density of the black was shortened with a sense of proportion (provided the order of the two is actually this - I don't know!). Although a lacquer note should not be missing also today, but how much more discreetly it is held! I like that well.

What others in Ameer Al Oudh can sense above all in spices remains largely hidden to me and hardly leaves the sphere of fantasy. I still like to nod off cinnamon, something sweet from the direction is there. Instead, I throw something nutty-woody, close to the nutty capacity of some vetiver scents, into the ring for the second hour.

In the afternoon, Ameer Al Oudh continues to play the well-known keyboard, although consistently as "Black Afgano in fine", rather a veil than a cloud. The wood notes are more velvety and more difficult - despite the occasional shimmering artificiality, which in the meantime, however, does without the bite of varnish.

In addition, the oud idea resonates more naturally, so to speak, throughout. And just when I want to check off the fragrance as ready tested, I am suddenly surprised - born of course from this very corner - again by a medical impression, next to which a breeze blows from a far away cowshed (with Mustang69 it is a "stud mark" - wonderful!). It acts like a snap of the fingers at the end.

Even as a quieter clone, Ameer Al Oudh would have a certain justification, just to have to join a long list. But I think he's more than that. It is the essence of the Nasomatto. It would be possible to formulate it in a very malicious and in parts unfair way: Ameer Al Oudh makes use of the best of what had been designed in Black Afgano groping and searching in coarse and sometimes for the scent character more or less redundant brush strokes.

Therefore a test tip for all those who are too keen on Black Afgano.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Heartwood
One word would be enough to describe this fragrance briefly and concisely.
But isn't there more to it? Herb is "Ameer al Oudh" anyway. And also very woody. The oud shimmers here like golden autumn sun in the afternoon.
Cedar wants to capture pleasantly cool, moist haze. Moss, which grows in thick, green cushions on the trunks, has collected glittering water pearls on itself.
Horses cavort in a nearby paddock. One can perceive its slightly "animal" smell finely.
A mixture of todays earthy aromas, probably due to patchouli and vetyver, make this impression softly present in the course of the fragrance.
A "distant rose" also seems to be present, subtle, barely perceptible, but without it the fragrance would be missing something.
I can imagine exactly, what the landscape looks like, whose picture is a little bit more than br /> in me.
Very close to where I live, there are so-called dunes with pine, juniper and cedar trees, the "Alte Neckarbett", which is interspersed with sand and houses plants that are otherwise rare in our region. Certain grasses that smell bitter. iridescent green mosses. endure the dryness and adorn themselves with these described "pearls" in the rain before they absorb the water.
The fragrances are very similar to those of "Ameer Al Oudh", just HERBHOLZIG with various mysterious "extras".........
7.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Carlitos01
Strong but light eastern pleaser
Whenever you feel like wearing a powerfull Oud fragrance, but want it well behaved and not disturbing your fellow common wearer and lover of citrus scents, you may well elect Ameer Al Oudh as one of your favourites fragrances.
Top notes are agarwood (oud), cinnamon and nutmeg; middle notes are jasmine and sandalwood; base notes are musk, vanilla, guaiac wood, amber, and cedar. Depicting the strength of this lingering scent, this fragrance main oud note is Oudh from Cambodia which yields earthy and woody smoky notes.
In the opening you get the cambodian oud with full strenght, blended with cinnamon and nutmeg. This notes will stay active for the entire longevity of the fragrance. The heart notes serve mainly the purpose of building a bridge for the base notes blending, and the scent become sweeter and smoother then. The drydown is very pleasant with the strong different woods softened by the sweetness of cinnamon and vanilla, and the smoothed by a confortable amber.
The performance is quite high and you are bound to have a 10~12 hours longevity and a sillage of more than six feet at its peak.

My rates for Ameer Al Oudh go as follows:
Scent Opening: 8.5 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.0 (my judgement)
Longevity: 9.0 (2 sprays may last for more than 10 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (6 feet at its peak with just 2 sprays)
Uniqueness: 8.0 (quite unique for a Cambodian Oud fragrance that is very wearable and not offensive)
Wearability: 7.0 (mainly cold weather and a night scent; you may use it either in outdoors or indoors)
Versatility: 7.0 (yes to enjoy it on your own, clubbing, socializing, events, restaurants, dates, romancing, intimacy, weaddings,... not good for the office, informal meetings, small spaces, work out, beach and places where you may sweat)
Compliments: 8.0 (With an increasing number of people enjoying oriental woody sweet fragrances, I realy do think that this fragrance will please to a wide range of people of both genders; the number of compliments I received exceeded my expectations)
Quality: 8.5 (Above average quality, good performance, quality ingredients, nice heavy flask, good sprayer)
Presentation: 8.5 (above average neat presentation for an arab fragrance; simple and effective)
Price: 10.0 (100 ml non tester for 12,5 £ + shipping)

Overall rating: 8.30/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: Try before you buy if you are not familiar with strong oud oriental perfumes.
I recommend this fragrance; it's a dusky (how can I say light dark?), resinous, oudy, woody, sweet fragrance with a bit of smokiness and that may please not only oriental fragrances lovers, both women and men and particulary in the pleasant drydown.

Music: Dire Straits - "Sultans Of Swing" .... ("You get a shiver in the dark,..")
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Darkbeat
Elixir of woods and resins.
Every time I am more happy with the perfumes of this house, each one that I try is a new perfumistic delight, precious bottles, long-lasting perfumes and very diffusive, with aromas for all tastes, but always with an excellent quality and with prices of laughter. Can you ask for more? Yes, but not at these prices, bravo for Lattafa.

The bottle is heavy and well finished glass, really nice, the cap is plastic, although it is not bad at all, and yes, the box is very weak, but costing what it costs, what I miss is that the rest be so good.

The output is an explosion of medicinal and alcoholic Oud, it smells like some industrial solvent with a resinous touch, which it throws back, but in a matter of seconds, this beginning has evaporated, and what leaves us is a persistent and incredible aroma a sweet wood, spicy, resinous and something dirty, but of a beautiful dirt, wooded and a bit smoky. It is a deep, dry and animal wood, with a slight sweet, almost creamy nuance, and an ethereal vapor of almost imperceptible rose. A perfect symbiosis between the dry and the creamy, the sweet and the dirty, a masterful accompaniment, for an amazing exotic wood. This is fundamentally the aroma of the whole development of the perfume, except for a slight decrease of the wood in the final drying, to show us something more of its resinous and sweet nuances. A linear aroma, but beautiful.

There are comments that say he looks like Nasomatto's Black Afghan, and it's true, it's very similar to the drying of this perfume, only that, Black Afghan is greener and has that marijuana note so characteristic, but even so, I would say that could be Black Afghan without the green notes and something more sweet and resinous. Another perfume to which it has a certain resemblance is "Sultan Al Oud" by Al Rehab.

The performance is very good, the 10 hours easily exceeds them and with a good projection, at least, the first three hours this projects fantastically well, then goes down to moderate, and from there, approaching little by little to the skin as they go by the hours. Nothing to object to his performance.

It is a perfume of cold and temperate climates, and I think it could be perfectly usable both day and night, although it is true that its depth is perfect for dressing at night.

If you like hardwoods and are compatible with the aroma of Black Afghan, you can not miss this perfume, it costs one tenth of the price of Nasomatto. Another Lattafa recommended 100%.

Forgive me for my english.
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Avoirdupois
Powerful, enchanting, almost overwhelming fragrance !
This is a brilliant Arabian eau de parfum which impresses deeply with even the first spray. The initial promise is carried through with full application.

Get ready to be bowled over by this scent: it seems to capture and entrance in a bewitching spell that is a tribute to masterful perfumery. I love the heavy solid glass bottle, btw.

Through the oudh woodiness I detect a hint of leather and some sweetness which may be vanilla, though it is reported there is also sugar in the mix. One small criticism: I found the cinnamon and labdanum content to be too high for me, made me sneeze after a while as they came through very strongly... for this reason I've rated this fragrance 70% whereas it would have been 80%; the combination of cinnamon and labdanum causes a reaction in me, unless at very low levels, and here they pass the barrier.

While Ameer Al Oudh is primarily a man's cologne, I believe it can be worn with confidence by a stylish lady. I wonder, though, what this EDP would be like if, instead of alcohol, the dilutant were a carrier oil. I feel sure that would be a distinct improvement, but we'll never know!

Bang for the buck!
The first minutes of Ameer Al Oudh on skin are basically a blast of harsh alcohol, but once the scent “settles” on skin and blossoms up, it’s a woody oud beauty. One of the nicest mid-range oud-based eau de parfums I have ever tried (not taking into account oud oils, therefore, which are obviously just another experience). It’s a really simple scent, but exceedingly pleasant, well made, civilized and discreet enough to be perfect versatile and easy to pull off – contrary to other Arabian inexpensive fragrances, which sometimes are too powerful and a bit tacky. Ameer Al Oudh is an austere, and really “woody” oud, slightly sweetened by a roasted-sugar and vanillic base, a sprinkle of cinnamon and perhaps a hint of leather. It’s not a skanky-animalic barnyard oily oud, rather - like in M7 or Dior’s Leather Oud, it smells dry, woody, medicinal, smoky and slightly nutty, with just a hint of sweat, but nothing really challenging. Realistic and intense, and of a totally respectable quality as far as I can tell. Surely miles above the openly-synthetic oud notes like you find in many far more costly Western ouds. I am not an expert of oud, but here I definitely smell something woody, organic, thick, true to life. The price is ridicolous, I got a 100 ml bottle of this for 25 EUR shipped from Kuwait and it’s worthy every penny – actually it would be easily worthy double that price as well, considering the oud scents we’re used to in Europe and USA. It’s not a masterpiece but it’s solid, rich and classy, with just the right sillage (not a bomb, more on the discreet side) and a fantastic persistence, with even a nice evolution playing different chords as time pass (smoky, nutty, dark nuances), as you may expect with oud. Recommended!

7,5-8/10

Carlitos01 10 months ago
A powerfull Oud fragrance but very well behaved. The fragrance main woody note is Oud from Cambodia yielding earthy & smoky accords. A star!+3
9.0

by Vawallpa
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Lattafa

Raghba by Lattafa Raghba Wood Intense by Lattafa Oud Mood by Lattafa 24 Carat Pure Gold by Lattafa Al Dur Al Maknoon Silver by Lattafa Raghba Classic by Lattafa Najdia by Lattafa Opulent Oud by Lattafa Sheikh Al Shuyukh Luxe Edition by Lattafa Just Oud Boulevard Edition by Lattafa Pure Oudi by Lattafa Raghba for Man by Lattafa Just Oud by Lattafa Oud Mood Reminiscence by Lattafa Nakahat Al Oud by Lattafa Raghba Muski by Lattafa Opulent Musk by Lattafa Blue Oud by Lattafa Atyaab Al Oud by Lattafa Qaa'ed by Lattafa