Blue Oud (2018)

Blue Oud by Lattafa

Blue Oud is a perfume by Lattafa for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Darkbeat, last update on 07.06.2020.

Not Bad, But Not Great Either
Blue Oud by Lattafa comes in a blue felt-lined box. The bottle is blue-colored and would look great in any collection. The cap fits snugly on top of the bottle and has the word Opulent engraved at the bottom of the cap.

When sprayed on, I smell floral and citrus notes. After a good while, I detect a very muted musk (possibly?). Due to the cheap price, if there is any oud here, it is definitely synthetic. Personally, I smell no oud.

It seems like Blue Oud would be a good fragrance to wear during the cooler months of the year. Projection was within an arm's length. Longevity was around 7 hours on my skin, becoming a skin scent at the 5 hour mark.

Do not confuse Lattafa's Blue Oud with Arabian Oud's Blue Oud. Though they share the same name, they are not at all alike. Arabian Oud's version is a lot more expensive, contains Cambodian Oud, Blue Musk, and Indian Agar Wood. Also, Arabian Oud's version comes with both an EdP and a bottle of oil.

If you are looking for something cheap to wear with mostly citrus and floral, with a bottle that will also look nice in your collection, go for the Lattafa. If you want real oud with musk, get Arabian Oud's version. Arabian Oud has my vote.

For myself, Blue Oud by Lattafa is more of a "Like" than a "Love" but for the nice cheap price, it is not bad at all.
6.5 out of 10

Polarrfox
Beautiful blue aura around...
The first, lets look at this beautiful bottle. Let it to go through our mind and think deeply about color which used to be so rare.
I must mention that I am not spicy-perfumes lover. At least these which cause headaches - and for me its most of these spicy ones.
When I felt it on my arm, I could not stop my nose from feeling this fragnance almost to the bonemarrow. Its so mysterious, masculine (when you are a woman, it will underline your confidence and mysterious look-up. I would say its unisex. These beautiful fragnances are so often called only for men and then there are fragnances like Oud Flora, which are definitely women-only but are called unisex. I think its a pitty. But back to the fragnance.
First feeling is musky. Musk, later mixed with spicy tones, which are more contrast with these soft tones. The later you have it on your skin, it goes to these more maskuline but on the other side also soft, but by another way than at the start. I cant desribe ehat exactly can be felt in there, but in these spicy tones there can be felt vanilla (only a little bit, though).
Ingredients: Cambodian oud, musk, saffron, vanilla, guajak wood, indian oud
As you can see, only beautiful notes are based in there and this is what makes this fragnance so amazing.

Fragnance lasts on my skin even after washing and its nice, because this one is just so good.
Definitely unisex. It doesnt bother ppl around you and it has something really soft, kind of mysterious, maskuline but on the other side very femine part.
My random thoughts from the fragnance: mysterious, elegant, strong scent, excelent for quiet people who dont talk too much, but are strong in their mind and charisma. Anf this is what this blue scent underlines. Your charisma. Try it, you will see. Definity worth it.

Precious new Blue Oud fragrance by Lattafa
Usually I tend to appreciate Oud fragrances less in the opening stage and more in the drydown stage. This new oud offer from Lattafa pleases me as much in the opening as in the drydown. This is quite an achievement because Blue Oud is far from being a linear fragrance; that's a plus for this perfume.
It's a unisex fragrance but I really think that it leans a bit more to the masculine side.
The only notes description I found, came from the UK Lattafa reseller where I bought this perfume:
Top Notes: Cambodian Oud
Heart Notes: Blue Musk
Base Notes: Indian Agar Wood
I am a bit suspicious about this notes as they are the same listed for Blue Oud from Arabian Oud and the fragrances are not similar. I enquire Lattafa about the notes and I will edit this review when I get an answer.
I don't have any doubts that I get a different oud scent in the top and in the base notes. In the top the oud projects more and it's harsher than in the base. Actually the two oud scents kind of melt into a single very agreable oud scent in the drydown.
With the heart notes I get a faint animalic note - probably good quality musk - and some spices - saffron and probably vanilla or benzoin for the existing sweet touch. Some wood besides oud is also dectetable in the heart and base notes. It seems to be guaiac wood and/or sandal wood, but it is a woody accord disguised by the stronger oud scent.
The fragrance comes in an EDP concentration but it has slightly less performance than other Oud fragrances by Lattafa. Nevertheless it has a respectable longevity of more than 8 hours with two sprays and 5~6 feet sillage, projecting for three hours with the same two sprays.
The oud notes are really wearable and agreable. There is some subtleness associated to the fragrance strenght that make you really enjoy and love the fragrance as it very well behaved, without any hint of "barnyard scent", "pee" or "urinal cakes".
The flask is very original and it's made of heavy glass, lacquered with strong "azure" or "king blue" color, with a metal medal "à la Versace" and a very good metal cap and sprayer.

Let's check the different rates I attribute to this Lattafa Blue Oud perfume:
Scent Opening: 8.5 (my judgement; nice oud opening, a bit heavy and harsh but very pleasant)
Scent Dry Down: 9.75 (my judgement; fantastic drydown with a great velvety tamed oud and woody scent)
Longevity: 8.5 (2 good sprays may last 8+ hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (5~6feet at its peak with just 2 sprays; projects for three hours and slowly becomes a skin scent by the sixth hour)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (Quite unique and enjoyable for an oud fragrance; I did get some minor similarities with Aoud Safran by Montale although I prefer this Lattafa fragrance)
Wearability: 8.5 (A three seasons scent for both outdoor or indoor, day or night; just avoid the summer hot days; a lot better than any average good oud fragrance)
Versatility: 8.25 (An "all around" versatile unisex oud fragrance; That's a strange comment for an oud perfume, but Blue Oud is one of the most wearable oud fragrances I have ever tried)
Compliments: 8.25 (This fragrance it's not a compliment magnet, but it's alluring and an above average pleaser, specially for an oud scent that has not been disguised by citrusy, flowerly, fruity, pepperish, spicy or sweet notes)
Quality: 9.0 (Above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 8.0 (no faults, elegant flask in a glass strong "azure" color and a good metal cap. I just think it is a bit strange for the cap to have the word "opulent" written in a similar way as in Lattafa Opulent Oud. Is this a new "Opulent" family of perfumes by Lattafa?)
Price: 10.0 (100 ml non tester for £ 12,5 + shipping, a real bargain)

Overall rating: 8.75/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you are not familiar with strong oud scents, do buy it only after you try it; I recommend this fragrance to ALL oriental oud fragrance lovers. if you really like an oriental oud fragrance you don't even need to try it before buying it. I do believe this fragrance will become a landmark for Lattafa.

Music: The Marcels - "Blue Moon"

MihaiuMihaiu 7 months ago
a fresh-clean-bit soapy musky scent with an wood/oud touch especially in the drydown. it has been reformulated
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 10 months ago
Definitely worth trying. Spicy, oud, hypnotic fragnance.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 2 years ago
This perfume is an amazing fusion between Invictus and Sauvage, with the addition of pure Oud, an authentic beauty.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Lattafa Blue Oud it's alluring and a pleaser above average for an oud scent not disguised by citrus, flower, fruit and spicy sweet notes.

by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH

Popular Lattafa

Raghba by Lattafa Opulent Oud by Lattafa Raghba Wood Intense by Lattafa Oud Mood by Lattafa Ameer Al Oudh by Lattafa Qaa'ed by Lattafa Sheikh Al Shuyukh Luxe Edition by Lattafa 24 Carat Pure Gold by Lattafa Najdia by Lattafa Just Oud Boulevard Edition by Lattafa Raghba Classic by Lattafa Al Dur Al Maknoon Silver by Lattafa Nakahat Al Oud by Lattafa Just Oud by Lattafa Pure Oudi by Lattafa Khas Lil Rijal Black Edition by Lattafa Shahrazad by Lattafa Oud Mood Reminiscence by Lattafa Oud Mood Elixir by Lattafa Ana Abiyedh Rouge by Lattafa