Raghba by Lattafa / لطافة
Raghba is a popular perfume by Lattafa / لطافة for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesSugarSugar
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla OudOud MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.04.2022.

The Petticoat Lane Market scent
Today my nose took me to the whereabouts of Jack the Ripper, specifically to the narrow streets of Whitechapel in London. On that Sunday morning, the weather was perfectly normal, which in London means quite unpleasant. As soon as I left Aldgate tube station, the cold along with the drizzle was trying to get in through any gap in my clothes. I looked for the shortest route to Middlesex Street. To my disappointment, it was at the wrong end of the street, so I had to walk all the way to the other end, near Bishopsgate.
I'm not easily intimidated by a long walk, but in that nasty weather, I didn't feel like going through the hustle and bustle of Petticoat Lane Market. Around 1830, Petticoat Lane's name changed to Middlesex Street and the street marked the boundary between Portsoken Ward, in the City of London, and Whitechapel. Due to the popularity of the Sunday market, the old name continues to be used nearly two centuries later. It is the same filthy, badly paved street as it ever was. Although Middlesex Street is painted on the walls on each side of the lane, it is still called Petticoat Lane and is likely ever to be so.
Despite the hundreds of stalls selling clothes, the smell of the street was quite peculiar and extremely pleasant. Several pastry shops and cafes offered sweet cakes and the sugary aroma mingled with the smoke from incense sticks and sandalwood burned by oriental merchants. The smell awoke both the memory of warmer climes and woke up my stomach still waiting for the morning breakfast. Eventually, I reached my destination, a small coffee shop called "Caravela" where the owner, an eminent and very tall man wearing a turban, commanded operations at the counter.
"- Good morning, Nasir!" - I said completely chilled. "I need a hot "galão" and a custard tart quickly". Nasir was born in Rajasthan but as a child, he emigrated to Mozambique. From there he travelled to Portugal where he lived for half a dozen years. Like many other Indians, he emigrated to London where, remembering his years in Portugal, he served "pasteis de nata" (custard tarts) with a "galão" in his Indian Deli. The "galão" is nothing more than a very sweet cappuccino that can be spiced up with sweet spices and vanilla... what a delight! The aromas of incense and sandalwood, the pastel de nata and that sweet, hot drink comforted my body and soul. Only later when I first used Raghba, this vivid image of sweet, woody and balsamic aromas came back to my memory.

I don't think Raghba is an easy perfume to like or one that attracts crowds of buyers in Western countries. It is an oriental fragrance, with EDP concentration, and opens with a rather sweet aroma, kind of reminiscent of slightly caramelized sugar. The opening takes a while to let the latent evolution show, but it finally overpowers the burnt sugar accord. At the heart of the fragrance, we perceive a balsamic incense, and not at all liturgical, that comforts us and lets us perceive woody notes of sandalwood and yummy vanilla that completely replaces the sweetness of the initial sugar. For me a flask of Raghba contains a wonderful "pastel de nata" sprinkled with icing sugar and cinnamon, accompanied by a warm cappuccino with vanilla, sipped in a room where incense and sandalwood sticks burn.
I can't say it's a seductive perfume, but it's undeniably very cosy and comfortable. For me, it has the added advantage of being quite unique. Other oriental perfumes like 24 Gold or Kalemat have some similarities, although they are woodier and with a more prominent oud note.

My ratings for Raghba:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Aperture: 7.5 (Caramelized sugar)
- DryDown: 8.5 (Balsamic incense with nuances of smoke, sandalwood and lots of vanilla)
- Longevity: 8.0 (3 sprays last up to 7~8 hours)
- Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet of sillage and 2.5 hours of projection, with 3 sprays)
- Singularity: 9.0 (Quite unique although it shows slight similarities to Kalemat, 24 Gold and Al Mazyoona).
- Wearability: 7.0 (Mostly for cold weather)
- Versatility: 7.0 (Mainly at leisure, at least for westerners; Never wear it to the office)
- Praise: 7.0 (I like it but it's not consensual)
- Quality: 8.0 (Above average impression quality, although some notes seem a bit artificial)
- Presentation: 6.0 (Better than usual for a UAE fragrance bottle)
- Price: 10.0 (This perfume price is quite variable, depending on the shop where you buy it.... My 100ml bottle cost me 12 Pounds a couple of years ago).
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 7.80 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- above 9 = definitely not to be missed;

My opinion: It is not a consensual perfume. Some people hate it and others love it. This is the fragrance that put Lattafa on the perfumery map, and it collects a lot of praise in the Middle and the Far East. I love wearing it at will when I'm at home. If you like the description, you can risk a blind purchase due to its very affordable price.

Music: Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Vanillily
Somehow I ended up buying it...
...and I do not regret it!
The fragrance is well praised and the notes are a dream. That's why I wanted to have him for a long time. The disappointment was then great, when a filling came, and the fragrance- how can that be- did not really get going. Quiet, unimpressive, barely noticeable. That did not fit at all to the reports, which I had heard so far. So for now not worried.
Now it wouldn't let me go. I wanted so much that he liked with. Maybe the bottling was defective? Maybe I should try again?
So I've looked again and again, whether I should just buy it. Then a few days ago, I found him for an incredibly good price and ordered directly, you can already risk, I thought to myself.

And today he arrived.

1 spray, and smoky vanilla sugar on a woody base envelops me. Wow. A sweetness that is certainly too much for some and at the same time this is not a fruity, floral sweetness that crushes (Müller drugstore fragrance).
But it is a sweetness that gives warmth.
In addition, spicy woody notes that do not come too opulent. Rather incense in the light edition with crayon spitzerspähne (there I still do not know whether's bother me...)
Now for the vanilla. It is already there, but does not really distinguish itself now. One smells "should be in it", but where exactly and how? No idea. Beautiful? Yes!

Now that was a really unromantic, pragmatic tired post night shift comment. One does what one can ?
My favorite Oriental, or Oud in good
For me, oriental fragrances are mostly too overloaded. They go directly to the 12 and make no prisoners.
In addition, I can not with Oud at all, I feel with this kind of fragrance simply uncomfortable.
With Raghba it is different, which is probably also due to the fact that oud plays a rather discreet role here.
The fragrance starts with a delicious blend of incense, vanilla sugar and musk, and actually remains exactly the same in the further course.
I love it.
The Oud is to be guessed, but more also not, and exactly so it is wearable for me.
The fragrance is in my opinion, the attempt of Lataffa to make an oriental fragrance interesting for a European, and that is more than successful.
The price of 25-30 euros for 100 ml is mega, so you can overlook the moderate durability, and puts after 4 hours simply again.
Of course, most find such fragrances in winter more suitable, I find, however, that you can wear such sweetness in summer and should, where the fragrances are at home, there's for example no winter at all, and yet almost exclusively such fragrances are imposed.
The warmth makes them bloom even better.
For me, definitely a purchase recommendation
Pleasant oud?
Raghba was one of the first fragrances I bought a bottling of. I wanted to be bold times, dealt with perfumes for a few weeks, and again and again I stumbled over Raghba and statements such as: portable oud, pleasing oud, oud for beginners, not so extreme oud.

Alright, I thought, this has to be something different. Something what there is not on every corner and still affordable, if the fragrance should really like and a flacon hermuss.
Here is briefly mentioned, I move only recently in the perfume world, but it has grabbed me. Currently, I'm probably in the phase of wanting to discover and I imagine one or the other fragrance can sniff meanwhile. That's great for me as a newbie, yet I do not imagine with the experienced hares here to keep up can.
But that's not what it's about for me. I'm about what I like and if I can only comment in layman's terms, so I think that my layman's impression can also be helpful
At the beginning I could hardly differentiate the different fragrances. Over time, I have sniffed many other fragrances, ordered me samples and tested.
Meanwhile, I can recognize oud many a time, even if it is somewhat hidden or wearable and pleasing. ;-)
I have already smelled fragrances in which the oud is stronger and can now understand if someone says: This is too strong for me or I do not like it. I don't like it too strong either, but in Raghba it's really soft and blends beautifully with the other notes.

I have owned a bottle of Raghba for about half a year now. So he had to move in!

Raghba starts directly with everything he has. I smell a nice sweet vanilla with Oudeinschlag, which gives the fragrance from my point of view something special. Something smoky I also perceive, which also comes out a little in the course of the fragrance and dampens the sweetness a little. Sandalwood and musk are still indicated, but I can not smell out. I could imagine that sandalwood and musk are responsible for the incense is not cold and sacral. Raghba is a warm scent, oriental. He has a very good durability and in the first hours a good sillage.
For me, a fragrance for autumn / winter definitely for colder temperatures. I think I'll still make me times the fun and test him always summer. Whether the oud then still like? :-D
Sweetened incense ?
Sounds weird? It is! That's what he smells like to me! I have to say that I have been smoking for a long time with resin seeds and different plants and I love it because it creates a great atmosphere! I also love scented oils actually everything that smells :) a Fraghead ! But where is my scented orgasm here? I even blindly ordered a 100 ml bottle from different YouTube videos! And then ... no this can't be maybe my content is another one? I smell clearly Oud and for me it smells it I must speak it unfortunately bluntly in combination with the musk after A... Yes ...now not corrosive but a subtle breeze is clearly noticeable :)) I wanted to wear it so much and tried to do so but nothing to do my nose is playing a trick on me! I try it again in winter ...
Vanilla oriental beauty
I had to test this scent, because I think the pyramid is great and ordered a 10 ml filling via Parfumos Souk.
After the bottling was bought, I saw that this fragrance is traded as a 24 gold twin by ScentStory.
Whether that is so, I honestly don't know (I don't know the 24 gold).
I can only tell you how I feel about Raghba.

At the beginning I perceive Oud directly, but it is for me a soft and portable Oud (no medical or metallic).
The vanilla gets through quickly on my skin.
I also perceive incense and sugar at some point.
Developed I find this fragrance great, a real garnet for me: beautiful balsamic vanilla. With oud, incense and some sugar. Slightly powdery and sweetish.
This scent has blown my mind, I love it.

I think the durability is super.
I've been wearing it for 7 hours now and still perceive it well.

If you are looking for a vanilla oud scent with balsamic, slightly sweet and powdery accents, take a look. Oud is a difficult note for me, because I absolutely don't like "too oudig". But here it's soft, cuddly and portable.

An authentic oriental bomb
Reading the reviews that precede me, I expected a very sweet and cloying perfume, I even had my reservations envelopes if I would like, I am not a lover of excessively sweet perfumes, but ... it has not been as sweet as I expected, it is sweet, yes, but not cloying or excessive, I can wear it perfectly, moreover, I can say that I like it a lot.

It is not a very complex aroma, it is relatively linear, but it has something that appeals to me. The beginning is a sweet, creamy vanilla with a strong medicinal accent. Then, it gradually smokes and the sweet note is losing intensity, allowing us to see a multitude of soft and woody nuances, which frame perfectly, a scent of smoked, sweet, creamy vanilla and a musky tad. A blunt oriental vanilla.

The performance is very good, exceeding 9 hours in skin. The wake is moderate high at the beginning, then decays to moderate to dry, but with good notoriety, nothing to object to in this regard. Its use, as it can not be otherwise, is for cold or cool climates and recommended for the night, on hot days I think it could easily saturate, so be careful with this.

I recommend trying this perfume before your purchase, it is not an easy perfume to take and everyone may not like it, but if you end up liking it, you take home a real Bomb, with a magnificent “quality-price” ratio.

Emorandeira
Sweet oriental with an animalic touch
I have been for a lot time trying to find this perfume here un Tenerife. Finally i could get one bottle through eBay and i was expecting exited his arrival. However i felt a bit dissapointed. This didsspoint was not bacusr the perfume is vas. It is a good perfume with a good projection (i give to It an 8 which is not bad note), i just really hoped something better. I have perfumes with a similar vibe (al mazyoona by Kelsey Berwin ot shaghaf oud by swiss Arabian) and honestly i prefer some of these over this one. Why? Because if the dry diwn un raghba. The openi g of raghba is marvelous yo me: sweet, intense, spyci... Just what i was waiting for! But after 30 minutes It begin to appear a weird animalic note which on muy skin doenst work Well. I think It is the burnt sugar ir maybe the tupé if incense they use... But there is something here which makes me think that this doent get on Well with me. Ii am using It now overall to hoy yo bed into this oriental cloud.

Mellow sibling to 24 Gold
SOTD (Scent of the Day): Lataffa Raghba: As of 02/09/19

A good scent from Lataffa, Raghba is the mellow sibling of 24 Gold from ScentStory, my nose detects the sugar, vanilla and oud. The oud is not stanking a bit medicinal but not in your face, Projection to me is average and longevity/performance is beastly. I do have 24 Gold still not a fan of oud, but the oud on Raghba is mellow and is wearable. Again I will gave more wearings on 24 Gold and Raghba. But I wear more of the Raghba than 24 Gold I have to wait and see. Is a sweet vanilla/sugary bomb scent good for those cold winter nights. For the price is a must have to any collection

Rating

Scent: 8/10
Design/Presentation: 7.5/10
Value: 8/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 10-12+ hrs, the scent was lingering early in the morning around 18+ hr mark, Beastly
Overall: 8.25/10
Mantus
The deep aura of attraction
Raghba begins woody - sweetish - flowery, discreetly smoky, but also light - resinous.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Zirkeltanz" for the bottling.

First of all, I can perceive an intense woody sweetness that is reddish-brown and heavy for me, which also brings with it a very subtle smokiness and is due to the oud.

The oud is accompanied by a light resinous shade and ensures that the heaviness does not appear slaying but actually bright and comes from the incense.

Raghba has no real course, it only changes with time.

In the further course a very beautiful creamy and also quite lightly spicy note of the sandalwood is added, which conjures up a very deep attracting aura with the Oud; which one can hardly resist a little :-)

In the last 3 hours a homemade thick vanilla pudding with sugar - caramel glaze is to be noticed, which does not appear paste-like sweet thanks to the musk, but clearly sweet and lets the smell finish beautifully
Raghba is a wonderful companion for women and men aged 30 and over who are looking for an attractive woody, sweet, creamy, spicy and gourmand scent.

In total the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at one arm's length and this is also maintained for 3.5 hours before it is reduced in quiet steps until the fragrance finally disappears completely.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Sweet vanilla caramel, almost sirupy. Imagine By the Fireplace with all the smokey, resinous notes ripped out and replaced with vanilla.
RobbieXRobbieX 6 months ago
A gem. Complex, woody, floral and vanilla.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Batch 2020: Sweet easy vanilla scent. The longevity and the projection of it are similar to that of CK One.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 3 years ago
Oriental and sweet bomb. Very good opening but during the dry diwn there is something which doenst get on with me. Maybe the animalic sugar
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
A mildly sweet recipe of sugar, woods and vanilla. Just like a simple jewel, it's a crowd-pleaser. A lesson followed by 24 Gold for sure.

by Irini
Ja Fresh21...richtig schräg halt ;))
by Sternenklar
by Delidazo87
by Bradigow
by Bradigow

Popular by Lattafa / لطافة

Qaa'ed by Lattafa / لطافة Bade'e Al Oud - Oud for Glory by Lattafa / لطافة Opulent Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Oud Mood by Lattafa / لطافة Sheikh Al Shuyukh Luxe Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Ameer Al Oudh Intense Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba Wood Intense by Lattafa / لطافة Ameer Al Oudh by Lattafa / لطافة Qaed Al Fursan by Lattafa / لطافة Oud Mood Reminiscence by Lattafa / لطافة Opulent Musk by Lattafa / لطافة Ana Abiyedh Rouge by Lattafa / لطافة Shahrazad by Lattafa / لطافة Fakhar (Black) by Lattafa / لطافة Bade'e Al Oud - Amethyst by Lattafa / لطافة Velvet Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Pure Oudi by Lattafa / لطافة Khas Lil Rijal Black Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba Classic by Lattafa / لطافة Ramz Lattafa (Silver) by Lattafa / لطافة