Raghba Wood Intense 2014

Raghba Wood Intense by Lattafa / لطافة
Raghba Wood Intense is a popular perfume by Lattafa / لطافة for men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCedarCedar Gaiac woodGaiac wood LiquoriceLiquorice CaramelCaramel
Heart Notes Heart NotesOudOud SandalwoodSandalwood SugarSugar Cashmere woodCashmere wood
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk AmberAmber VanillaVanilla OakmossOakmoss FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 25.04.2022.

BEAST OUD
Beast mode stuff... Forget about over applying, even more then 2 sprays on skin can make it very offensive and synthetic. Strictly not a summer scent. I wear it rarely on cold or pleasant breezy nights with strict only 2 sprays slightly under my shirt neck and got compliments. I never came across any fragrance as cheap as this one and is not linear. It changes alot and I don't get bored with it's longevity. The over applying it make it smells like "burnt sugar" and wood but correct use makes it "burnt wood" with sugar. Definitely not a every day versatile fragrance but worth collecting for the price and uniqueness.
Knechtobald
Campfire light and a little sweet
On my fragrance journey I have now seen a lot and am a fan of not smelling like everyone after Sauvage or Paco gold. Mostly there are great fragrances there even for little money.

So I also came across Raghba Wood Intense. The many good reviews prompted me to blindbuy, but unfortunately I was disappointed.
Admittedly, I was allowed to find all too often that various badges and reformulations have a massive impact, so I was very surprised how far away the Wood Intense was from my expectations.

The opening is very smoky, then comes a little sweetness and that's it. Complexity missing. When I read here of licorice and incense I really wonder if the one who has touched the badge was hungover or had no desire on the day.
Smoke, sweet and then the whole thing also finds its quick end. As I said, the good reviews make me suspect I just grabbed the bottle in the loo.

One of my favorites La Yuqawam bspw. was THE fragrance par excellence for me, 10 years lasting, 20 years on clothes and after I had gotten me a new bottle only a shadow of its former self and a joke compared to my initial badge.

Therefore, Raghba wins with me unfortunately no bouquet and for 20 euros there are far better fragrances that really keep what you promise like Bentley Intense or Dunhill Icon, or....

Burnt Cotton Candy Or Melted Marshmallows On The Campfire
Incredibly, when this fragrance dries on the skin it looks quite similar to Noble Wood by S.T. Dupont which I also had the opportunity to try it for several days along with its sister Royal Amber and they have almost the same chords, although I like the latter more. Now, it is true that the top notes evoke woods in a bonfire with burnt cotton candy or melted marshmallows on the campfire, the incense base (it is more frankincense of frankincense of olibanum that is not declared on the page, softer), vanilla, balsamic amber, are maintained during the life cycle, the oud here is somewhat shy with medicinal tinge but is friendly and non-intrusive-aggressive (kills resin fungus), so this is ideal personal enjoyment for a winter season, rainy season in which it is doing quite cold to warm up with its aroma with a wool bag, a good black coffee and a good book, or simply in this pandemic enjoy it with work at home in front of the laptop. For the price it is excellent to experiment and break down the notes, obviously do not expect the super quality but believe me it is really good for its cost, and not other aguachirris that are on the market.

This is the opening to the house of Lattafa, to the Oriental world, and to go little by little raising the level, developing other nuances on the sense of smell.

Good Find.
Aroma: 8 (reminds me of other Orientals).
Longevity: 8
Projection: 8
Versatility: 6
Feminine Olfactory Perception : 6
Price : 10

Total : 7,6/ 10

Tiens!
Hujo77
Campfire in the fairytale forest !!!!
This perfume smells like you would make a campfire in an enchanted fairy tale forest and meet the Brothers Grimm which join you to let their fairy tales come to life.
This strong smoky, sweet and spicy fragrance lets you dive immediately into the fairy tale world and linger for hours in its spell simply dreamlike. !!!!
Although this fragrance starts very nice sweet and spicy seduce him all the wood notes a strong animal and gloomy character, as when you as Little Red Riding Hood meets the big bad wolf disguised as a grandmother. nice familiar but dangerous !!!!
In this slightly sweet smoky and spicy tone, it then also remains until its end, which lasts a long time and radiates exceedingly well.

Conclusion:
Very good fragrance that lasts Long and performs super !!!!
For fans of smoky / woody / spicy / fragrances in any case recommendable !!!!

If he did not die then he is still alive today.
RikR315
The opening Haribo Liquorice Slug...
The opening of Wood Intense by Raghba is in my eyes an open bag of Haribo liquorice snails. The strong liquorice scent disappears very quickly and a really great light liquorice scent with caramelized spices, which are slightly underlined with wood.
Wood Intense takes an hour to ignite. After about an hour it is very pleasant and as an allday fragrance good to wear, who wants to and also likes oriental fragrances Once again, I'm very enthusiastic about such a cheap fragrance.
Flacon and outer packaging are also quite well done, so that you can put the fragrance in your collection with pleasure Since I have only been working with oriental fragrances for a few months now, I don't want to go too far out of the window with my evaluation. Nevertheless, I can really only recommend it.

AromaTikka
Licorice snail meets burnt cane sugar plantation in the desert
╠ Simplified and shortened fragrance classification:

Top note:
About half a minute alcoholic, white wine like

Heart note:
Brown sugar, vanillin, caramel tones, smooth, slightly powdery woods

Base note:
Myrrh, olibanum, roasted, smoked liquorice (= liquorice /= myrrh)
╠ Range intensity (projection & sillage):
(4-5 of 10) rather weak for an Arabic perfume.

╠ Course:
Very linear. Only when applied directly, one has an alcoholic, ethereal effect.
The heart note is also not of long duration and quickly merges into the long-lasting base, which has a good fixation.

╠ Endurance:
6 hours min.
Still perceptible the next day, because of the smokiness, which is very concise and stands out.

╠ Flacon & exterior design:
Flacon looks very valuable and is made of very thick, heavy glass. A brown wood grain is printed on three sides. At the back, the bottle is transparent and you can see the Arabic writing on the front. The lid is made of very heavy, solid plastic with a wooden look on the sides and a gold metal effect on top and bottom. The spray button is not specially made, but it serves its purpose. Lid closes very tightly, so that the bottle can be lifted by the lid without falling down. The packaging is partly printed with gold metallic arabesques, which remind of the splendid decorations of mosques. Packaging is also partially embossed with wood texture. On the inside of the packaging there are countless Lattafa brand logos next to each other (tiling). Packaging is much larger than the flacon. This sits wobble-proof in a cardboard device. For the price very beautifully processed.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________br />
╠ Description:
The name is a misnomer!
I was also a little disappointed and had imagined the scent differently. Comments and scent pyramids cannot represent the scent as it is subjectively perceived by the individual. There is no wood in the classical sense and it is not necessarily 'intense'. Myrrh, myrrh, more myrrh and desert (resin) bushes! Myrrh smells similar to liquorice! I have a bottle of myrrh extract for comparison.
I think you have to wear it more often to like it On some days I perceive more the vanilla notes, on others only the licorice and smoky aspects. This very linear fragrance isn't bad, but it's very special and unusual.
I also think about what to put in the headline, so that one can judge the scent already from it.
For lovers of single malts, whiskeys and other spirits matured in wooden barrels, this fragrance will be worth a try. (Holy) smoky, resinous, woody, crunchy, dry-warm. Like a freshly burnt oak barrel.
Another association would be something like a pirate ship, the 'flying Dutchman' or an orthodox church, where the incense was being waved.
╠ Occasion:
For dreaming, meditating, watching a suitable film, going to church, drinking whiskey or cigars in the gentlemen's room. Absolutely no party scent!!!
You can probably use it to perfume a winter coat, a man's room or an old library.

╠ Season:
More like winter, if worn in public. By Arab standards an evergreen Any time you put it on for yourself.

╠ Age recommendation:
>30
╠ Similare & Scent Twins:
see suggestions from Parfumo

╠ Associations:
Pirate ship, ghost ship, whiskey, gentlemen's room, burnt oasis in the desert, liquorice, myrrh, incense, orthodox church, Byzantium, Greece, resins, burning bushes, single malt, whiskey cask, arabesque, church visit

╠ Other:
Oud and other ingredients not perceptible. Apparently only serve to round off the overall composition.
A lot of myrrh (liquorice note), a lot of incense and for the newcomer to fragrance 'charred wood' noticeable.
Winter nights
The biting cold, which once seemed to warm my heart, raged omnipresent through town and country. The nights are getting darker, the temperatures are slowly but steadily approaching the double-digit minus range. Now I am sitting here, in my apartment in the middle of a big city, abandoned, but not alone. In the apartment that was once ours, the apartment that we, together, painted and decorated. I look out of the window and see happy and quarrelling families opposite. Fate is omnipresent and inevitable.

"I might once have thought that I was the center of the universe it hits me like a thunderbolt that none of this is so."

I constantly faced reality. We're only human. In all kinds of different orientations. What event gave me the right to think that everything revolves around us. The world lives on. We develop, make friends, discover places, live out our hobbies, and try, as it may seem, to do the best that life has to offer.

"The little dwelling that was our paradise
now stands half empty, in the midst of which stands a once-loving."

The candles flicker as if the wind had found a way through the walls to now rage inside the room. Classical music resounds softly from the speakers, the room scent is omnipresent with woods, underscored by a sweet-smoky note. Now I sit there alone, no information about your well-being. I hope you are well. In the course of time I understood that life goes on and that between us was only an act of our life. From this time I take with me many memories, feelings and once sadness.

"The evening draws to a close and the last flame goes out,
i'm not sad and hoping,' so neither are you."
== now something about the smell ==

For the price of two cinema tickets, the fragrance is an incredible masterpiece. But probably not made for everyone. The definition of "fireplace room meets Christmas lacquer".
Durability is, as you can see from the ratings, extremely long.
Sillage unfolds with warmth, otherwise it is restrained.
The barbecue evening
The mobile phone vibrated and vibrated. So slowly I had to answer it even though I hardly felt like it after the night shift. It seemed to be urgent, as penetrating and persistent as the mobile phone answered. "Yes, hello?" "It's me, Manfred! Hmma, tomorrow there will be a barbecue! The weather is fine, I know the season "okay, but why are you calling me? I'd love to come, but it's tomorrow night "My car's in the shop. I need a ride." "all right, I'll pick you up in an hour!"
No sooner said than done. So we drove off and worked through the list, first the beer crates, then to the hardware store to get the coal and the lighters. And then we went to the butcher shop. I wanted to drive him home, but Manfred intervened. "No, we still have to go." "what should be missing? The grill?" I joked. "That's right, I broke mine. Let me put it this way: unfortunate circumstances. I wanted to grill something sweet. Smelled really good, but the grill was gone, so we went and bought another grill, the latest thing. Now I wanted to put him down but Manni again hesitantly intervened. "You know, the Elfie always says that a perfume would do me good. And I like crickets, but I'm also a little sweet tooth. You're on one of those platforms on the internet. Can't you recommend something? So barbecue, but sweet. Like when I broke my old grill. Like grilled caramel, grilled sugar, got something? Thinking for a moment, I answered: "I'll give you some Lattafa - Raghba Wood Intense. That fits."

No sooner said than done. My buddy Manfred served and then the day after served all sorts of things from the grill and winked at the ladies - self-confident, as he was now thanks to the perfume and the added drinks. At the end of the evening, we both drank a bottle of beer together, he started the monologue. Content: Raghba Wood Intense, where he apparently had read some things. "Bomb thing you gave me there! I first smell like fresh liquorice factory, that's where the sweet guaiac wood comes into play", he looked at me with an omniscient look, "and as if it wasn't already a great box, then comes the caramel with the incense! Just like when I put the caramels on the grill. I smell like smoked candy! The Elfie says really good, to eat!"

He did, although it's not important how he got his kicks. But there was another, slightly sweaty note that I knew all too well about the perfume because of the ingredients. "sprayed you good, too, huh? Couple of sprayers too much?", I asked. "Nah, just one sprayer."
I casually nodded and watched as I emptied my beer
Pinseltown
When an angel in heaven...
his bottle of perfume loses and it tumbles down to the ground, right into my hands, - then it must smell like this one.
I have not worn a more oriental garment yet
Sweet heaviness, caramel, vanilla, incense, wood (oud), cinnamon(?) all smoked in front of the fire (smoke).
For me as a more "frequent sprayer" one or two sprays luxuriant - since H/S bursts the grade 10.
Where you don't stand out: Dubai - Sisha-Bar.
There's little space between Hate/Love here.
Pure western noses: Hands off - lovers of the Orient: Test!
My "I take with me to the island" and reference perfume

Minigolf
Is the old wooden chick still alive?
...yeah, he's still...alive in that scent. Even if he was believed to be lost in the depths of the forest long ago.
He likes liquorice and caramel, but only a little, not too much. And like to burn incense, light a incense stick for his refreshment. (of course only if it's not dry like tinder) and it's good to go on a cashmere blanket. In his wooden hut, where it scents...scents...scents...scents...after all the different delicious resins and woods of his territory. And he's anything but thrifty. There are sweet wood scents, dark resin scents. fine conifer-odor, soft amberwood scent, and everything the forest has to offer in scents.
And it wraps itself in natural brown wool when it's very cold outside. He is a good-natured and powerful fellow, and if he accompanies you faithfully, too. He patiently walks beside you for up to 8 hours and tells you all sorts of things about forests, woods and meadows and about the different types of wood he has already explored. Likes to share his knowledge with those who are interested. And you don't just call him "Holzmichel". He has the honourable nickname "Wood Intense"....
I suppose some people get nosy about the good ones?!?!

FragblokeFragbloke 2 months ago
The perfect fragrance for bonfire night doesn't exi---
TeleraTelera 1 year ago
Dulce sin ser empalagoso. Aroma oriental 100%. Por cierto, el atomizador es muy bueno.
LaurentiuLaurentiu 2 years ago
Smoky sweet caramelized woods with a salty touch.
It gives headaches, easy w/ sprays. U can get snifs after 2 days if u spray on your jacket
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Not as strong as other reviews say very nice still but certainly no beast. I do get a headache from this so maybe go easy with the sprays
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
Burned sugar. Sweet candy like sugar fragrance, with smoke and woody nuances. Not complex, was expecting a bit more quality in the blend
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
One of the best sweet perfumes designed in the Middle East. Sweet caramel, inebriating incense and dark smoky woods blended to perfection.
MRothMRoth 5 years ago
Oud with licorice and caramel leads to a coffee-like accord. Drydown is bitter, fragmented. Passable, but there are better Lattafa ouds.

Holzige Olibanum-Myrrhe Lakritzschnecke
by AromaTikka
by KC2503
by KC2503
by Yinawa
by Yinawa

Popular by Lattafa / لطافة

Qaa'ed by Lattafa / لطافة Bade'e Al Oud - Oud for Glory by Lattafa / لطافة Opulent Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba by Lattafa / لطافة Oud Mood by Lattafa / لطافة Sheikh Al Shuyukh Luxe Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Ameer Al Oudh Intense Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Ameer Al Oudh by Lattafa / لطافة Qaed Al Fursan by Lattafa / لطافة Oud Mood Reminiscence by Lattafa / لطافة Opulent Musk by Lattafa / لطافة Ana Abiyedh Rouge by Lattafa / لطافة Shahrazad by Lattafa / لطافة Fakhar (Black) by Lattafa / لطافة Bade'e Al Oud - Amethyst by Lattafa / لطافة Velvet Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Khas Lil Rijal Black Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba Classic by Lattafa / لطافة Ramz Lattafa (Silver) by Lattafa / لطافة Just Oud by Lattafa / لطافة