Raghba Wood Intense (2014)

Raghba Wood Intense by Lattafa

Raghba Wood Intense is a popular perfume by Lattafa for men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCedar, Gaiac wood, Liquorice, Caramel
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Sandalwood, Sugar, Cashmere wood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amber, Vanilla, Oakmoss, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 31.07.2020.

RikR315
The opening Haribo Liquorice Slug...
The opening of Wood Intense by Raghba is in my eyes an open bag of Haribo liquorice snails. The strong liquorice scent disappears very quickly and a really great light liquorice scent with caramelized spices, which are slightly underlined with wood.
Wood Intense takes an hour to ignite. After about an hour it is very pleasant and as an allday fragrance good to wear, who wants to and also likes oriental fragrances Once again, I'm very enthusiastic about such a cheap fragrance.
Flacon and outer packaging are also quite well done, so that you can put the fragrance in your collection with pleasure Since I have only been working with oriental fragrances for a few months now, I don't want to go too far out of the window with my evaluation. Nevertheless, I can really only recommend it.

AromaTikka
Licorice snail meets burnt cane sugar plantation in the desert
╠ Simplified and shortened fragrance classification:

Top note:
About half a minute alcoholic, white wine like

Heart note:
Brown sugar, vanillin, caramel tones, smooth, slightly powdery woods

Base note:
Myrrh, olibanum, roasted, smoked liquorice (= liquorice /= myrrh)
╠ Range intensity (projection & sillage):
(4-5 of 10) rather weak for an Arabic perfume.

╠ Course:
Very linear. Only when applied directly, one has an alcoholic, ethereal effect.
The heart note is also not of long duration and quickly merges into the long-lasting base, which has a good fixation.

╠ Endurance:
6 hours min.
Still perceptible the next day, because of the smokiness, which is very concise and stands out.

╠ Flacon & exterior design:
Flacon looks very valuable and is made of very thick, heavy glass. A brown wood grain is printed on three sides. At the back, the bottle is transparent and you can see the Arabic writing on the front. The lid is made of very heavy, solid plastic with a wooden look on the sides and a gold metal effect on top and bottom. The spray button is not specially made, but it serves its purpose. Lid closes very tightly, so that the bottle can be lifted by the lid without falling down. The packaging is partly printed with gold metallic arabesques, which remind of the splendid decorations of mosques. Packaging is also partially embossed with wood texture. On the inside of the packaging there are countless Lattafa brand logos next to each other (tiling). Packaging is much larger than the flacon. This sits wobble-proof in a cardboard device. For the price very beautifully processed.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________br />
╠ Description:
The name is a misnomer!
I was also a little disappointed and had imagined the scent differently. Comments and scent pyramids cannot represent the scent as it is subjectively perceived by the individual. There is no wood in the classical sense and it is not necessarily 'intense'. Myrrh, myrrh, more myrrh and desert (resin) bushes! Myrrh smells similar to liquorice! I have a bottle of myrrh extract for comparison.
I think you have to wear it more often to like it On some days I perceive more the vanilla notes, on others only the licorice and smoky aspects. This very linear fragrance isn't bad, but it's very special and unusual.
I also think about what to put in the headline, so that one can judge the scent already from it.
For lovers of single malts, whiskeys and other spirits matured in wooden barrels, this fragrance will be worth a try. (Holy) smoky, resinous, woody, crunchy, dry-warm. Like a freshly burnt oak barrel.
Another association would be something like a pirate ship, the 'flying Dutchman' or an orthodox church, where the incense was being waved.
╠ Occasion:
For dreaming, meditating, watching a suitable film, going to church, drinking whiskey or cigars in the gentlemen's room. Absolutely no party scent!!!
You can probably use it to perfume a winter coat, a man's room or an old library.

╠ Season:
More like winter, if worn in public. By Arab standards an evergreen Any time you put it on for yourself.

╠ Age recommendation:
>30
╠ Similare & Scent Twins:
see suggestions from Parfumo

╠ Associations:
Pirate ship, ghost ship, whiskey, gentlemen's room, burnt oasis in the desert, liquorice, myrrh, incense, orthodox church, Byzantium, Greece, resins, burning bushes, single malt, whiskey cask, arabesque, church visit

╠ Other:
Oud and other ingredients not perceptible. Apparently only serve to round off the overall composition.
A lot of myrrh (liquorice note), a lot of incense and for the newcomer to fragrance 'charred wood' noticeable.
Winter nights
The biting cold, which once seemed to warm my heart, raged omnipresent through town and country. The nights are getting darker, the temperatures are slowly but steadily approaching the double-digit minus range. Now I am sitting here, in my apartment in the middle of a big city, abandoned, but not alone. In the apartment that was once ours, the apartment that we, together, painted and decorated. I look out of the window and see happy and quarrelling families opposite. Fate is omnipresent and inevitable.

"I might once have thought that I was the center of the universe it hits me like a thunderbolt that none of this is so."

I constantly faced reality. We're only human. In all kinds of different orientations. What event gave me the right to think that everything revolves around us. The world lives on. We develop, make friends, discover places, live out our hobbies, and try, as it may seem, to do the best that life has to offer.

"The little dwelling that was our paradise
now stands half empty, in the midst of which stands a once-loving."

The candles flicker as if the wind had found a way through the walls to now rage inside the room. Classical music resounds softly from the speakers, the room scent is omnipresent with woods, underscored by a sweet-smoky note. Now I sit there alone, no information about your well-being. I hope you are well. In the course of time I understood that life goes on and that between us was only an act of our life. From this time I take with me many memories, feelings and once sadness.

"The evening draws to a close and the last flame goes out,
i'm not sad and hoping,' so neither are you."
== now something about the smell ==

For the price of two cinema tickets, the fragrance is an incredible masterpiece. But probably not made for everyone. The definition of "fireplace room meets Christmas lacquer".
Durability is, as you can see from the ratings, extremely long.
Sillage unfolds with warmth, otherwise it is restrained.
The barbecue evening
The mobile phone vibrated and vibrated. So slowly I had to answer it even though I hardly felt like it after the night shift. It seemed to be urgent, as penetrating and persistent as the mobile phone answered. "Yes, hello?" "It's me, Manfred! Hmma, tomorrow there will be a barbecue! The weather is fine, I know the season "okay, but why are you calling me? I'd love to come, but it's tomorrow night "My car's in the shop. I need a ride." "all right, I'll pick you up in an hour!"
No sooner said than done. So we drove off and worked through the list, first the beer crates, then to the hardware store to get the coal and the lighters. And then we went to the butcher shop. I wanted to drive him home, but Manfred intervened. "No, we still have to go." "what should be missing? The grill?" I joked. "That's right, I broke mine. Let me put it this way: unfortunate circumstances. I wanted to grill something sweet. Smelled really good, but the grill was gone, so we went and bought another grill, the latest thing. Now I wanted to put him down but Manni again hesitantly intervened. "You know, the Elfie always says that a perfume would do me good. And I like crickets, but I'm also a little sweet tooth. You're on one of those platforms on the internet. Can't you recommend something? So barbecue, but sweet. Like when I broke my old grill. Like grilled caramel, grilled sugar, got something? Thinking for a moment, I answered: "I'll give you some Lattafa - Raghba Wood Intense. That fits."

No sooner said than done. My buddy Manfred served and then the day after served all sorts of things from the grill and winked at the ladies - self-confident, as he was now thanks to the perfume and the added drinks. At the end of the evening, we both drank a bottle of beer together, he started the monologue. Content: Raghba Wood Intense, where he apparently had read some things. "Bomb thing you gave me there! I first smell like fresh liquorice factory, that's where the sweet guaiac wood comes into play", he looked at me with an omniscient look, "and as if it wasn't already a great box, then comes the caramel with the incense! Just like when I put the caramels on the grill. I smell like smoked candy! The Elfie says really good, to eat!"

He did, although it's not important how he got his kicks. But there was another, slightly sweaty note that I knew all too well about the perfume because of the ingredients. "sprayed you good, too, huh? Couple of sprayers too much?", I asked. "Nah, just one sprayer."
I casually nodded and watched as I emptied my beer
Pinseltown
When an angel in heaven...
his bottle of perfume loses and it tumbles down to the ground, right into my hands, - then it must smell like this one.
I have not worn a more oriental garment yet
Sweet heaviness, caramel, vanilla, incense, wood (oud), cinnamon(?) all smoked in front of the fire (smoke).
For me as a more "frequent sprayer" one or two sprays luxuriant - since H/S bursts the grade 10.
Where you don't stand out: Dubai - Sisha-Bar.
There's little space between Hate/Love here.
Pure western noses: Hands off - lovers of the Orient: Test!
My "I take with me to the island" and reference perfume

Minigolf
Is the old wooden chick still alive?
...yeah, he's still...alive in that scent. Even if he was believed to be lost in the depths of the forest long ago.
He likes liquorice and caramel, but only a little, not too much. And like to burn incense, light a incense stick for his refreshment. (of course only if it's not dry like tinder) and it's good to go on a cashmere blanket. In his wooden hut, where it scents...scents...scents...scents...after all the different delicious resins and woods of his territory. And he's anything but thrifty. There are sweet wood scents, dark resin scents. fine conifer-odor, soft amberwood scent, and everything the forest has to offer in scents.
And it wraps itself in natural brown wool when it's very cold outside. He is a good-natured and powerful fellow, and if he accompanies you faithfully, too. He patiently walks beside you for up to 8 hours and tells you all sorts of things about forests, woods and meadows and about the different types of wood he has already explored. Likes to share his knowledge with those who are interested. And you don't just call him "Holzmichel". He has the honourable nickname "Wood Intense"....
I suppose some people get nosy about the good ones?!?!

Darkbeat
A nuclear bomb of sweet and smoked wood
If you look at his notes, there are notes like: Candy, licorice, sugar, vanilla etc ... that can make us believe that we are now a gourmand perfume of current style and we may think that it is a sweet, rich and appetizing fragrance, as it can not be further from reality, because it is a perfume of wood and incense, intense, powerful and with the expansive wave of an authentic time bomb. Although that does not mean it is not rich or appetizing, because for me it is, but not in the style of what your notes could reflect, but rather in a Gothic style, dark and dense, that you can almost chew.

The beginning is an explosion of woods, rough and synthetic a bit, but the moment the fragrance settles, in a few minutes, it becomes so natural, that I close my eyes and see the following image: a dark night of thunderclouds next to a clearing, in a leafy forest, a gathering of friends around a fire, and an incipient rain that drowns the flames. That's how it smells to me, a real smoking fire, extinguished with water, for me, so natural, that my mother came to ask me, if I had made a bonfire, that my clothes smelled of smoke. Then the oud begins to emerge strongly along with the sweet notes, but not to make the fragrance very sweet, no, rather it is, to give it a hint of sweetness and make the woods and the oud appear like a cream, smoked and spicy, similar to a bitter and toasted caramel. This part of the perfume I love, it is opulent and dense, you can almost see it in the air. The final drying I love, it maintains a fragrance like toasted caramel, which becomes warm, vibrant and musky, with a touch of vanilla and amber very subtle.

Although in my description it seems that I could recommend the perfume to anyone, it is not, I would not recommend this perfume to anyone without knowing their tastes in advance, it is a complicated perfume, intense and with a lot of personality, only for people who enjoy the wood, the incense and the intense perfumes.

The duration is superlative, with an incredible wake, I was smelling it for more than 12 hours. I applied it to me at around 7:00 p.m. and when I got up at about 7:00 a.m. in the morning, I could still smell it without difficulty, then I took a shower and could not check how far I was able to go, but I must say that, If I got my nose right on my wrist, there were still traces after the shower. It is one of those few perfumes, that, every time, you are able to smell yourself, a marvel.

Perfume for cold climates and for the night, although if I am sincere, when I like a perfume, I wear it when I want, be it summer, autumn, winter, day or night hehehehe I am so weird.

Sorry for my bad english.
The sixth scent!!!????? ;-D
...freely after the "Horror Thriller" - "The Sixth Sense" with Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment... :-)

The room darkens, the face of the protagonist slowly appears out of the darkness, the gloomy mood increases more and more...
"I smell burnt wood... lots of burnt wood. It's slightly sweet and spicy because it doesn't know it's burned yet..."

Sooooo bad and gloomy is the scent now really not again, but at the first test I immediately remembered this modified form of the quotation from the film!

If you like sweet wood smoky scents you should definitely try them here!!!
:-)

Amazon1975Amazon1975 7 months ago
Not as strong as other reviews say very nice still but certainly no beast. I do get a headache from this so maybe go easy with the sprays
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 18 months ago
Burned sugar. Sweet candy like sugar fragrance, with smoke and woody nuances. Not complex, was expecting a bit more quality in the blend
Carlitos01Carlitos01 22 months ago
One of the best sweet perfumes designed in the Middle East. Sweet caramel, inebriating incense and dark smoky woods blended to perfection.
MRothMRoth 3 years ago
Oud with licorice and caramel leads to a coffee-like accord. Drydown is bitter, fragmented. Passable, but there are better Lattafa ouds.

Holzige Olibanum-Myrrhe Lakritzschnecke
by AromaTikka
by KC2503
by KC2503

Popular Lattafa

Raghba by Lattafa Opulent Oud by Lattafa Oud Mood by Lattafa Ameer Al Oudh by Lattafa Qaa'ed by Lattafa Sheikh Al Shuyukh Luxe Edition by Lattafa 24 Carat Pure Gold by Lattafa Najdia by Lattafa Just Oud Boulevard Edition by Lattafa Raghba Classic by Lattafa Al Dur Al Maknoon Silver by Lattafa Nakahat Al Oud by Lattafa Just Oud by Lattafa Pure Oudi by Lattafa Khas Lil Rijal Black Edition by Lattafa Shahrazad by Lattafa Oud Mood Reminiscence by Lattafa Oud Mood Elixir by Lattafa Ana Abiyedh Rouge by Lattafa Velvet Oud by Lattafa