Bade'e Al Oud - Oud for Glory

Bade'e Al Oud - Oud for Glory by Lattafa / لطافة
Bade'e Al Oud - Oud for Glory is a popular perfume by Lattafa / لطافة for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
LavenderLavender
NutmegNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesOudOud
PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
OudOud
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OudWood4L, last update on 22.09.2021.

Emko47
'lightly sugared dark wood'
A very accustoming fragrance especially for people who are not Oriental fans and do not like oud be it synthetically produced or real. Where you often hear that the original should be at least as pungent. It smells different again in the air than when you smell it directly off your skin. Would recommend to everyone who is thinking about buying the fragrance to get a sample first (of course you should always test a sample beforehand) But in the case it is clearly more advisable I would say.
Flacon is in any case an eye-catcher. However, the sprayer is not really the burner and runs out.
Start is sugary sweet with BR540 vibes but with a clearly dark Unternon which then also behaves very linear until the late dry down. Alcohol I also perceive that lays down as with most UAE fragrances.
Do not think now who likes BR, that he will also like this one, because they are 2 completely different fragrances. The dark undertone might remind some of Oud Wood but without the licorice-like.
I find that he is clearly more masculine but it could wear him also quite mature ladies.

The fragrance please do not buy directly for 50€ or more, but a little research.
There are him already for 30-35 euros and also already seen offers like 23 euros included. Therefore, please do not let people ver*chen you want to sell the fragrance for more than what they themselves have spent on it.

To my taste, I find him okay, but there are enough other fragrances that I would rather recommend if one would ask me for good UAE fragrances.
Danger of addiction
Wow, a scent that will blow your mind! But positive. A walk through the market in Marrakech, with all the scents of the Orient. Tart, spicy with a gigantic sillage....careful with the dosage. Unisex in my opinion as I love wearing it. And the value for money is incredible! A very big fragrance for extremely little money. The comparison with its twin, which is almost 200 euros more expensive, he passes easily.
This fragrance is definitely re-bought when he is all.
All 3
To begin with: Great scent!!!

I have the original
"Oud for Greatness" as well as the Dua Dupe
"Shadow Play" and just this one.
So this here is going to be a little comparison of the 3, almost same smelling fragrances.
Let's start with the original.

The Initio is in my opinion, the, with the best balance of H / S.
You can always wear this one, as it finds the perfect middle.
With it also everything is said.
Fragrance - H/S - Flacon : 10 - 9/8 - 10

Shadow Play: Here is the fragrance, mMn. identical to the Oud for Greatness. Both develop really 99.9% the same.
The Shadow Play and this is absolutely a matter of taste: 1x spraying is like 2x spraying with the Oud for Greatness.
This one really has a lot more power. I like it very much. But for me he is then e.g. less suitable for an office.
Fragrance - H/S - Flacon : 10 - 10/10 - 4

Now to the end - Oud for Glory:
This one also smells the same as the two before it. For me, the difference lies in the opening and the Enwticklung to the Drydown. He remains very linear.
But at about 50 euros for 100ml is also totally OK.
Here and there I've read or heard on Youtube that it should be a "Beast".
I do not see so. He is just very pleasant, but does not quite come close to the other two.
Fragrance - H/S - Flacon : 10 - 8/7 - 8

Flacon: No idea if it deserves an 8, because there are a few minimal flaws, but in itself the packaging as well as the flacon seems totally OK.
For copying it should then probably only get a 1, but everyone can decide for themselves.

I personally love all 3.
Each, although "the same fragrance" has its application with me.

Nothing for beginners
Not easy to found cause its little bit rare in central Europe. One of the most unique scent in my collection. Totally different to compare with mainstream and nothing for beginner. If you wanna go against flow, try this. Really unique and luxurious for good money.

Its not a beast like other arabian scents. OFG is inconspicuous with good projection and longevity above avarage. Its also good for westernize world. But not for everybody
Let's get loud
Here is an honest oud. Of course he emulates OFG, but he may also! If you look for the comparison to other products, so there is a real style icon of Rolex with the Submariner, which but often in the form of tributes to a certain extent was paid homage.
Well, well, OFG may not have the iconic character yet and therefore the comparison is a bit lame, but the clear, honest oud is worth imitating. I honestly don't know if the juice is created in a lab or if the ingredients are natural?!

After all, the essential thing is the smell and the impression that this perfume leaves on me.

Soft at the beginning for me (quite contrary to other comments) with some kind of mixture of coriander, lavender, rose and curd soap. It reminds me of my neighbors hand soap and takes me back to 1982. There was such a round metal plate in it to attach the soap to a magnet under a moss-green plastic arm.
But that makes up maybe 25% of the impression at a gallop. The rest, for me, is the oud. Earthy, stale, manure, soft old wood. Exactly as I know it from the DNA and like.
As it progresses, the soaped florals disappear and the oudy heart remains. Nothing sweet here anymore. Linear and really good.
And also strong in performance, because I can still perceive it on me after 8 hours without becoming noseblind.
I think it's great! My wife, by the way, not.
In addition, I would like to add that the smell smells much more "expensive" than the acquisition costs.
To the packaging and the bottle should also be said what. The bottle is in a very nice and valuable box, which makes with viewing pane of the brand Snow White's coffin already times desire to the contents. And although the part is beautiful (and already large), it has gone with me directly in the trash. The reason is the scent! I find the so good that this bottle would not have come back in its packaging anyway.
The bottle itself is beautiful, but only from afar. The surface of the glass is treated with a soft lacquer, where with me, already from the ovp, two small corners were rubbed off like. Overall good but somewhere must also be saved a little

Laurentiu
I wish there were more spices
Opens ambery, oudy aromatic (from lavender) with some spices from saffron and nutmeg. The spicy tone from the beginning is diminished after ~10 minutes and a strong note of patchouli kicks in combined with something smoky. (I feel the note of patchouli very strong, and then fades quickly somehow in the background).

On my skin is sweeter in the opening than dry-down.

In the dry-down is very smoky, woody, dry, musky, leathery with some amber, the sweetness almost doesn't exist on my skin.

Performance is good aswell ~9H of longevity, moderate projection/sillage, the smell it's there, a nice bubble for like 2h and then goes closer and closer to the skin.

The presentation is 10/10, good quality and details. I don't know how they do it for that price.
Pungent..
I have heard so much good about this fragrance and just HAD to order it. At YT he is also always really doll angepriesen and so I was really happy when he then finally arrived after a month of waiting. The first impression in the first minutes was quite good, quite coherent so far. But after about 15 minutes it started to sting super hard in my nose and became so unbearable that I had to wash it off. But nope, it didn't work, it ate into my skin so much that it somehow didn't wash off! After 20 minutes of trying around, the only thing that helped was to leave cream on and then take it off again.
I have the fragrance just not at all convinced, so something pungent, inconsistent and intrusive I have not smelled for a long time and my nose first needs some rest from perfume. Although I love perfume. Too bad.... Oh, and any sweet notes I've heard of were 0% noticeable to me. At least it wasn't that expensive...

Okay here we go
After reading reviews for this perfume and the similarity between initio oud for greatness, I decided to purchase this as a blind buy. Only cost me 22 quid which is definitely not risk.
Recieved the perfume within 2 days of ordering. The bottle feels good like a matte black and it is exactly like inito. Initial spray you smell this saffron and the it dries down to a sweet smell. Projection is good but longevity and sillage is not that great. However this perfume grew on me. O kept smelling it again again as it smelt so beautiful. Definitely wil buy again and trust me rather than spending 250 quid on initio this is exactly the same

Darkbeat
A beauty of darkness and woods
The beginning is beautiful, a dark, smoky oud with a precious lavender, and some very light and sweet tones, which I think could be some type of resin (amber, labdanum etc ...), all very balanced and, really, elegant and fine .

The aroma is quite linear, it varies little, the only thing I feel is that, little by little, the lavender note is diminishing in intensity and a slightly spicy and sweet note takes on a bit of prominence, which together with the wood creates an aroma quite nice and pretty. In this part it is a slightly sweet and spicy wood, which I liked a lot.

Drying is very similar to this last part of the perfume, but with the addition of musk, feeling a musky wood with sweet and spicy nuances, a precious thing.

The perfume is dark, but not as dark as you might believe, it is fine and elegant, and I have found it perfect for special occasions, but yes, I still think that it is a perfume for cool climates.

The performance is very good, remaining on the skin for more than 9 hours, with a very noticeable wake the first hours of use, then it becomes close to the skin, but remains as a kind of aura, and thus remains almost the rest of life of the perfume.

The quality of the materials feels good in any case, and without knowing the Initio perfume yet, I think it may be very feasible that they look very similar, because as I have already explained, the notes that I have been feeling are very similar to what Initio declares in its perfume file, so surely the inspiration is not only in the external appearance of the bottle.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Airy spicy and sweet oriental scent. Warm, smooth, slightly woody and musky. I get saffron with a cotton candy feel, patchouli and soft oud.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 5 months ago
I just jumped out of hype train.Friend said this is15usd at gas station in Dubai.It smells like that,cheap.Dont expect miracles/pay too much
LaurentiuLaurentiu 9 months ago
Opens a little spicy, aromatic-oudy. Patchouli note is very noticeable. In the drydown it's smokier, little leathery amber-oudy.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 12 months ago
Very decent attempt at oud for greatness. Lighter but great longevity good 8 hours. If you can get it for a good price definitely worth it.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 1 year ago
Confirmed, it's almost a carbon copy of Initio Oud for Greatness perfume. Highly recommended if it is at a good price.

by Narcoperfume
by SetshabaC
by DAV
by DAV

Popular Lattafa / لطافة

Qaa'ed by Lattafa / لطافة Opulent Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba by Lattafa / لطافة Oud Mood by Lattafa / لطافة Ameer Al Oudh Intense Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba Wood Intense by Lattafa / لطافة Sheikh Al Shuyukh Luxe Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Just Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Ameer Al Oudh by Lattafa / لطافة Shahrazad by Lattafa / لطافة Oud Mood Reminiscence by Lattafa / لطافة Nakahat Al Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Khas Lil Rijal Black Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Velvet Oud by Lattafa / لطافة Just Oud Boulevard Edition by Lattafa / لطافة Ana Abiyedh Rouge by Lattafa / لطافة 24 Carat Pure Gold by Lattafa / لطافة Najdia by Lattafa / لطافة Raghba Classic by Lattafa / لطافة Maahir by Lattafa / لطافة