Sotto Voce by Laura Biagiotti
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt

Sotto Voce is a perfume by Laura Biagiotti for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Ellen Betrix / Eurocos.

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander, Mahogany, Peach, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Orange blossom, Orchid, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.12.2019.

7.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Fragrances of the past, part 231234
Hello hello and welcome. Hmm... Laura Biagiotti. Although I know the brand, I just see that I've never tasted a fragrance of it before. So it's about time you did, right? Well... it's rather a coincidence that I reach for Laura Biagiotti, because the scent was in my sample box and I just fished it out earlier!

Well... what can we say about the scent now? Well... actually, I used to see Laura Biagiotti's scents at home more often, because Roma used to be one of my mother's favourite scents back then. That was a long time before I was interested in scents (yes, there used to be!) And someday my smell interest is surely also gone again,... then you are finally rid of me!!! Finally, isn't it? :DD). And I have to admit that I always found the Roma flacons so cool because they looked like those Roman temples, with columns and stuff, I like that in general very much!

Anyway, it's all about Sotto Voce now. I don't know exactly what this means, but the term appears in music, among other things, where it leads one to play or sing a little more muted, at least if I have looked properly. So this could be a somewhat reserved scent, but I'll see for myself in a moment. Well, then, spray on...

The fragrance:
So, the fragrance begins bitter and herbaceous with light, fruity portions. The tart is probably coming from the wood, which is okay, the herbaceous seems to be coriander, which as always I find repulsive to run away, but at least this is softened a little by other scents... nevertheless the top note is not everyday, in addition quite "mature" and thus also very old-fashioned. But at least it's a fragrance from the 90s, so actually everything fits.
So, it still smells woody, the fruity notes, especially the plums, become stronger and the coriander fortunately much weaker.
The middle part is flowery and fruity. I continue to smell plums, but now also flowery scents, which are somewhat difficult to classify. I would bet on tuberoses and a little heavier orchids here, because I perceive heliotrope less. Neroli flashes, but I can't smell it all the time.
The base, which begins quickly, radiates above all musk, next to it there is some tonka and vanilla. Oh, and plums, of course.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
So this scent is not reserved as expected... no, it has quite the opposite even a quite strong charisma, which could suffocate everything in the environment sprayed on exaggeratedly :D
The shelf life is therefore also quite strong, so that the fragrance lasts longer than eight hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is slightly inflated, roundish or drop-shaped and has a "notch" or depression in the glass on both sides, where the chrome-plated lid continues its lengthening "appendages", as it was shaped like a tuning fork, which I find very successful in design. Like I said, a nice bottle.

Okaay, in spite of a somewhat unusual beginning, the fragrance has not turned out so badly. He doesn't necessarily meet my taste now, but he's not ready to run away again. But you can tell by the age of the fragrance, because it really smells old-fashioned opulent and today it would hardly fit to younger ones, in my opinion anyway.

It might fit all the others, but I don't want to write here that I mean perfumas that are getting on in years... och man, it's hard to address women who have already exceeded a certain age, but hey, I'm not the youngest anymore, so don't be so strict with me :D

Anyway, for me this scent is not necessarily a night scent, even if it should possibly work "in the evening", because it would be too unspectacular for me. On the other hand, the perfumes I'm talking about won't be going to wild techno dance festivals anymore (and I'm still talking about the age of the women... :D), so you could use the fragrance for an elegant evening, but I'd choose something more beautiful for it, but that's a matter of taste.

Well, before I say anything completely wrong here, I better come to the end and... wish you all a nice evening. Well then, see you next time and a nice third Advent :)
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

JetonToni
A clear "whisper" with a sweet face
I came into contact with Scotto Voce in 1997, and that rather accidentally and unintentionally. I liked swimming with my cousin and already then I read the newspapers for adults (not what you think now) :). The stars, the guidebooks, horoscopes and short novels interested me more than Mickey Mouse and its friends. Comics weren't my thing. One day in the summer of 1997, one of the booklets had a sample of this fragrance with it.

I already tried the rehearsal outside in the outdoor pool and it fitted wonderfully to the weather: It smelled fruity, sweet, somehow sunny. Maracuja came to me in that sense, but there were also floral notes with a sweetness like chewing gum but in a positive sense. Powdery notes also made the fragrance long-lasting.
It was the most beautiful day this summer when I met Scotto Voce. The scent accompanied me for several hours and did not seem to want to weaken at all. Like an aura, it adapted to me. It haunted me that day what was right to me because scents that have evaporated and were never my thing.

Scotto Voce stayed...

Of course you can also see the Sophia Grojsman feather here. Scotto Voce smells very much like Sun, Moon, stars from the Lagerfeld, but somehow more noble without being more scratchy. At the same time I mean to hear a hint of Trésor. I also smell Spellbound even if only in tracks, but it really smells something of everyone,

Scotto Voce is declared as an opulent warm scent, which it is, but the scent is not out of place even in summer. It smells full-bodied but nevertheless sunny, warm, friendly.
Scotto Voce will always remind me of the summer of 1997, you never forget that.
At that time I bought the fragrance several times after, so I still have a bottle of it today.

Whereby the advertising and the slogan of the fragrance, reflect a wrong orientation. Despite the opulent Charakter´s, the fragrance is by no means "quiet", but powerful like a roar that can end in a hysterical cry if not carefully dosed.

Also the smell is not noble, but joyful, sunny, 90's, perms, short skirts, wild music, fun. Scotto Voce is not a sexy erotic scent, but delightfully sympathetic, it arose from a time I still think back today with longing and tears in my eyes.

Too bad that this "exaggerated (by name) whispering" no longer exists.

7.5 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

A Lost Beauty
To my nose Sotto Voce always smells like the Italian love-child of CK-Eternity and Sun Moon Stars. It conjures memories of both, yet is not one of these all the way:

It's not as loud and fruity as Eternity, yet it has fruity notes that are very deliciously present. It's not as sensually powdery like Sun Moon Stars, yet it's sexy in a soft vanilla scented powdery dry-down.

To me, a mix of both great scents, Italian style. For al those that like one or both and would love to find a third of the same 'family'.
Silage is great. Longevity is: a perfume that goes through all the notes in about 5 hours. If you find it you really should sample it.

by Zora
by MariellaMmmh
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Laura Biagiotti

Roma (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Laura (Eau de Parfum) by Laura Biagiotti Venezia (1992) (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Venezia (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Laura Biagiotti Essenza di Roma by Laura Biagiotti Blu di Roma Donna by Laura Biagiotti Tempore Donna by Laura Biagiotti Essenza di Roma Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Mistero di Roma Donna by Laura Biagiotti Mistero di Roma Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Aqua di Roma Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Laura Rosé by Laura Biagiotti Roma Passione by Laura Biagiotti Biagiotti Due Donna by Laura Biagiotti Blu di Roma Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Roma Passione Uomo by Laura Biagiotti Venezia Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Venezia (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Laura Biagiotti Venezia Pastello by Laura Biagiotti