Pure Vanilla by Lavanila Laboratories
Pure Vanilla is a perfume by Lavanila Laboratories for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-resinous. It is still in production.

Givaudan

Freesia, Heliotrope, Bourbon vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.03.2019.

4.5

Vanilla multivitamin??
I thought this was just ok at first, but after wearing it a few times I have noticed that the drydown is really unpleasant to my nose. It actually reminds me of the smell of multivitamins! The opening just smells like straight-up vanilla essence. I am yet to be impressed by Lavanila scents.

Daisyvision
A lovely vanilla scent that lingers all day.
My first impression was that it felt like a sort of simple, straightforward vanilla gourmand (However, gourmand lovers seem disappointed by the lack of sweetness here). The vanilla upstages the subtle floral notes in this one, and I find it very similar to Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens - A true, pleasant, and slightly 'waxy' vanilla (probably the tonka bean). It seems like a great perfume for layering with other scents. If you're seeking a no-nonsense vanilla that is lovely, warm, comforting, and a little delicious, too - be sure to give this one a try. However, if you're looking to make a statement, this may not be bold enough.

Complex Vanilla
Pure Vanilla’s name is quite misleading. I actually find it not quite descriptive of the complex oriental that this perfume really is. On my skin, top notes are a combination of patchouli and vanilla, in equal strength. In the heart phase the patchouli softens and blends with heliotrope. The fragrance turns more and more luscious with each passing hour, finally ending in a powdery vanillic cloud. It is not only gourmand but also very sensual due to the presence of the woods and hint of flowers. Masterfully blended and projects well. It lasted a good 6 hours on my skin. I also recommend the deodorant version of this perfume. It is totally natural and is incredibly effective. Probably the best deodorant I've ever used.

Pure Vanilla = Vanilla Extract
The initial spray is pure vanilla and just that, pure vanilla and nothing else. No sugary sweetness in the top notes for me, nor in the middle notes. All I could smell was the vanilla.
Now I'm the first to admit that I'm a vanilla fan in my perfumes, but I also want it to be infused with other notes. So I waited. And waited. And waited some more.
About four hours later Pure Vanilla finally settled down to the tonka bean and vanilla mix on me and stayed that way for at least ten hours. Had this fragrance been more of a sugary gourmand mix, I would have been delighted. For me, it simply was not.
I felt as if I had simply sprayed on vanilla extract from my kitchen and dipped my fingertips into some Raw Sugar for effects as I was baking a home-made apple pie. That's about as basic a vanilla this is to me.
The longer it mixed with my body chemistry, the sweeter the mix, yes. But it took hours for me to discover the scent, and waking up the next day, which is far too long to wait for the effect I want from a vanilla scent.
What I have discovered to do with this scent is to use it as an add-on to other scents I own to power them up or create a uniqueness of a scent that I can call my own. So in the long run, this Lavanila Pure Vanilla will have its uses in my perfumery at home.

Dark, chocolatey vanilla
A few years ago I wore a fragrance by La Maison de la Vanille called Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar to University religiously. On cold, snowy days this fragrance kept me warm and focused with its rich, dark vanillary goodness. Today I spritzed on LaVanila Pure Vanilla and was reminded of this fragrance from my past.

I wish I still had a bottle of Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar to compare alongside LaVanila Pure Vanilla. The two are very similar, and I'm rather glad that others have also pointed out this similarity.

In regards to the scent itself, this vanilla is foody and dark. Like a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of warm milk, it's comforting and snuggly. Although the patchouli is dominant alongside the vanilla, it is no where near as earthy as you might expect it to be. It's quite sweet and smoky.

The name is a little misleading as this is not 'pure vanilla' as such. It's quite chocolatey, gourmand and creamy, which is not necessarily the scent of a real vanilla pod or the liquid essence. LaVanila Pure Vanilla is richly oriental at best, with dark gourmand qualities.

This fragrance projects quite strongly on the skin, with one or two sprays proving to be more than enough to get you through the day. I may have enjoyed LaVanila Pure Vanilla more if I hadn't already smelt Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar, as the similarities have deterred me, making me somewhat annoyed.

The longevity is excellent, and I don't doubt that this is a popular fragrance. However, I will be sticking to Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar as I had a little mishap in regards to skin chemistry with LaVanila Pure Vanilla, especially in the heart where it took a bitter, and somewhat 'dirty' turn on my skin.

Popular Lavanila Laboratories

Vanilla Grapefruit (Eau de Parfum) by Lavanila Laboratories Vanilla Coconut (Eau de Parfum) by Lavanila Laboratories