Eau des Missions (2011)

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes

Eau des Missions is a popular perfume by Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Vanilla, Gotu Kola, Myrrh, Benzoin, Chinese camelia, Virginia cedar

Submitted by Joe, last update on 12.12.2019.

6.0 2.0 6.0 8.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
On the way to "my" vanilla fragrance - Vanilla fragrances in Advent 2019: 1 December
Uh... what's that out there? It doesn't matter. it's raining! How cold it is outside! I am in the process of preparing my rooms a little festively, discreetly, but comfortably and above all according to a fixed ritual: That's how it has to be every year, that's how it has to be and not differently. The Bach Christmas Oratorio is running and it's time for the first perfume test: Eau des Missions.

The very first second I perceive citrus, but that has vanished immediately and a warm, soft vanilla spreads out. It smells delicious and reminds me very much of the Christmas market. Not the smell of roasted almonds, which I don't notice at all, but a really stiff, hot grog. The feeling when the first sip is already warm inside, when you no longer feel your ice-cold feet and don't understand your counterpart because the carousel music is so loud - that's exactly the feeling I feel now. There appear to be grog or rum notes. That makes the vanilla so dark and so round. It appears completely closed, sweet, but softened by the Grog note. You wouldn't call this fragrance an obtrusive gourmand.

The effect on the skin is slightly creamy, a little oily, which I find very amazing at this price. Unfortunately, I find the Sillage very weak. I have to poke my nose against the skin to take some of the delicious scent with me, otherwise I would perceive it too weakly. It's risky to prefer a stronger Sillage if you don't want to lose sight of your fellow human beings, but I really want to perceive the vanilla scent, and I think that's too weak for me here. But delicious, wonderfully warm and somehow dark it smells without doubt. A fantastic fragrance, which I like very much.

One hour later: The shelf life is good, at least now the scent is still there! And surprise: He has developed quite a bit again! The vanilla has now made a connection with something that reminds me of a herbal soap, I'm spontaneously tempted to believe that I've noticed so many men sniffing. A tiny touch of a fine, slightly sweet shaving lotion is there, but really so incredibly discreet that I can only imagine it. But as I said, strong enough to take the gourmand away from vanilla and expand it in another direction while maintaining its fullness. It is still undoubtedly vanilla, but no longer grog vanilla, rather a kind of soft herbal vanilla. My associations now suddenly lead me to a library, an English one with a Chesterfield sofa. A reading gentleman, smoking - can that be the myrrh? - and drinking grog and fine perfumed. It's something like that, this aftershave note becomes clearer every minute. She's fine. Very fine.

What a wonderful and so subtle fragrance. Given the price, he's a direct hit. But it will probably not become my working vanilla scent, because it is a touch ZU discreet to me. I would like to perceive a tiny bit more at some distance from the spray spots. But the change that vanilla undergoes in Eau des Missions is impressive to me.

Conclusion: The first Advent gave me many vanilla impressions. Right at the end I believe that Eau des Missions is at least unisex, but maybe even a bit too little feminine for me.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Then you'll find me at "Vanilla" by Réminiscence!
7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Cuddly vanilla
As a small addition to my ordered fillings at ervin23 I got 2 samples of Eau des Missions. These have now also been subjected to a first test.
Immediately after spraying, you are wrapped in a dense, dark, smoky vanilla cloud. In the very dominant vanilla I also take a hint of spices on the edge, but without being able to specify what it is. Possibly this is the tiger herb which is listed in the fragrance pyramid. It's supposed to smell like parsley, which I can't really assign here. As the fragrance develops, the vanilla becomes lighter, warmer and sweeter with the help of benzoin and a combination of cedar woods. For my taste the vanilla development tends thankfully not towards cotton candy, but remains tolerably slightly vanilla-sweet. This is achieved with the added slightly smoky myrrh, which keeps the vanilla note in check and remains discreetly in the background throughout the whole process.
The durability is mediocre with 5-6 hours, the projection is rather considered as close to the body one. I can sign unisex from the classification, although not every man wants to smell so sweet of vanilla.
Application could find this fragrance in the colder months with a nice cup of hot tea with biscuits in the cozy home living room.
I'm sure you won't tear too big a hole in your wallet and so I can recommend Eau of the mission to anyone who is a fan of a cuddly vanilla scent.
9.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

Warm seducer
After being delighted with this fragrance in the last days and weeks from 3 different perfumers in the form of bottling or sampling, I had plenty of time (and material) to test this sweetheart.
I have in the time when the smell still extremely favorable to have was unfortunately too long with me gehadert because I was afraid that he is too sweet to me or too "over" like my accident with Heliotrope Blanc. For him 13 Euro were too good for me.
Super stupidly only that the smell shot up only short after it really in price. Then I left it all the more because I have fallen on the nose with blind purchases, as I said before, more often than not.

Through the rehearsals and bottlings I was now - thank God - converted.

After spraying on, the cuddly soft vanilla spreads immediately. Sweet, warm, melting. The way I love scents:)
As already described by many people, the fume later becomes a little smoky, spicy and resinous. However, these scents never gain the upper hand and only surround vanilla in an interesting and noble way. Towards the end it becomes quieter and quieter and then slowly creeps away. Excellent fragrance development. Please don't be angry with me, I really don't have much idea but I could have thought of it without knowing what it is maybe also for a Guerlain. So great I find the :-)

With me the fragrance lasts a splendid 10 hours with a really decent sillage. For an eau de cologne, I find that really remarkable.

I got weak after all and ordered 250ml in the bay for 13 Euro from GB. Zack, Boom, a new favorite in the collection. And again a price that is acceptable. Whereby one must say that also 30 Euro would still be given for this smell. Great love!

P.S I'm curious and want to test the Eau de L'Angelus now, which should be nice sweet. Maybe I'll get lucky someday:)
5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Sublime Vanilla...
This is a very enjoyable one for me! It's one that I only heard of on the internet as it's not available in many places, and also because I'm a lover of vanilla scents in general.

Cologne of the Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes is a very nice vanilla centred fragrance. I enjoy it very much. It has great staying power on clothes and skin and good overall longevity. I get a sweet, slightly edible vanilla, very similar to crème brûlée or vanilla ice cream, but it's very nice. There is a smoky aspect to it as well, maybe something even balsamic. I've worn this one in various situations and weather and I think it performs very well for an eau de cologne. I recommend it based on value for money. This is probably the best smelling cheap vanilla out there. As in, it has aspects of a well made perfume and delivers well for what you pay for. I can imagine layering this with other gourmand or vanilla centred perfumes (like for example Guerlain Shalimar). I think it would work very well. For lovers of edible and light vanillas, this is a great choice. I'm certainly enjoying it!
2.5 2.5 7.5 8.5/10

Addictive and discreet cologne
Leaving aside the reminiscences of this outstanding cologne to other offers and its unbelievable price, this is a subtle, elegant and special vanilla-benzoin scent which feels great for daily wear at any time of the year. It is sweet without becoming cloying and so easy to love I sometimes even miss it and need to smell it from its cap for a moment while wearing other scents just for the pleasure of it. It is welcoming and friendly, one of those scents that make you feel your better you.

Quiet enough not to annoy anybody around and very long lasting for a cologne. Definitely one a lot of people will deeply enjoy. It works well on both men and woman too.

My only complaint is the sprayer doesn't have its own cap and the bottle's one doesn't perfectly fit in the sprayer 's top. Nevertheless I considerer it a small disadvantage, and I'm happy that there are still houses which prefer to save money from bottles design other than lowering the quality of their scents. This house not only does that, it does while keeping them accessible to all kinds of budget.

Cozy comfort vanilla
This fragrance gets compared to Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain a LOT. But I don't get the comparison at all...

The only thing I noticed is that they are both boozy vanilla scents. But Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a lot more creamy, and Eau des Missions is sharper/spicier and more smoky (at least to me). Creamy happens to match less with me :)

Strangely enough, I let a woman in my neighborhood try the sample I have of SDV, and on her I DID smell the similarity to EdM! Maybe because SDV is technically a woman's scent and EdM a unisex scent?

Anyways, Eau des Missions is an amazing cozy comfort scent to enjoy in the evening on the couch beneath a blanket. It's not a complex scent, what you get when it's freshly sprayed stays during the drydown.

For an EdC, this has an incredible longevity on my skin. I can still smell it 5 hours or more after applying it! And my clothes absorb the fragrance like mad!

P.S. I recently tried out Montale Vanille Absolu, and to me this is almost identical to Eau des Missions! Should I declare my nose insane? :p

Steve0580
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla and a bit of balsamic.
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, with an almost unnoticeable touch of balsamic to temper it a bit.

That's all I smell. I don't smell cedar or anything smoky. If I were to compare the fragrance to something, it would be vanilla taffy.

It's not a bad fragrance but definitely more feminine than masculine.

As a side note, this is only one of two fragrances that I've ever worn that actually made me a bit nauseous.

Itchynose 6 months ago
Sweet resinous vanilla, very close to Spiritueuse Double Vanille but with a subtle cedar note missing in Guerlain's fragrance.
6.0
6.0
Cym 9 months ago
On me, equal parts cedar and boozy vanilla - something to bear in mind if your skin ramps up cedar notes. Nevertheless, calming & enjoyable.+2
Bcars10 2 years ago
A beautiful, calming vanilla scent. I just wish it were stronger! It's basically a gentle vanilla whisper. Hauntingly sophisticated.+2
3.0

by Sorceress
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular Le Couvent des Minimes

Eau Aimable by Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Minimes by Le Couvent des Minimes Eau du Cloître by Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Mâtines by Le Couvent des Minimes Eau Sereine by Le Couvent des Minimes Eau de l'Angelus by Le Couvent des Minimes Porto Bello by Le Couvent des Minimes Tinharé by Le Couvent des Minimes Kythnos by Le Couvent des Minimes Smyrna by Le Couvent des Minimes Valparaiso by Le Couvent des Minimes Aqua Sacrae by Le Couvent des Minimes Nubica by Le Couvent des Minimes Fleur d'Oranger / Orange Blossom by Le Couvent des Minimes Santa Cruz by Le Couvent des Minimes Fort Royal by Le Couvent des Minimes Aqua Paradisi by Le Couvent des Minimes Heliaca by Le Couvent des Minimes Aqua Solis by Le Couvent des Minimes Aqua Minimes by Le Couvent des Minimes