Eau des Missions (2011)

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes

Eau des Missions is a popular perfume by Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Vanilla, Gotu Kola, Myrrh, Benzoin, Chinese camelia, Virginia cedar

Submitted by Joe, last update on 14.09.2019

9.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

Warm seducer
After being delighted with this fragrance in the last days and weeks from 3 different perfumers in the form of bottling or sampling, I had plenty of time (and material) to test this sweetheart.
I have in the time when the smell still extremely favorable to have was unfortunately too long with me gehadert because I was afraid that he is too sweet to me or too "over" like my accident with Heliotrope Blanc. For him 13 Euro were too good for me.
Super stupidly only that the smell shot up only short after it really in price. Then I left it all the more because I have fallen on the nose with blind purchases, as I said before, more often than not.

Through the rehearsals and bottlings I was now - thank God - converted.

After spraying on, the cuddly soft vanilla spreads immediately. Sweet, warm, melting. The way I love scents:)
As already described by many people, the fume later becomes a little smoky, spicy and resinous. However, these scents never gain the upper hand and only surround vanilla in an interesting and noble way. Towards the end it becomes quieter and quieter and then slowly creeps away. Excellent fragrance development. Please don't be angry with me, I really don't have much idea but I could have thought of it without knowing what it is maybe also for a Guerlain. So great I find the :-)

With me the fragrance lasts a splendid 10 hours with a really decent sillage. For an eau de cologne, I find that really remarkable.

I got weak after all and ordered 250ml in the bay for 13 Euro from GB. Zack, Boom, a new favorite in the collection. And again a price that is acceptable. Whereby one must say that also 30 Euro would still be given for this smell. Great love!

P.S I'm curious and want to test the Eau de L'Angelus now, which should be nice sweet. Maybe I'll get lucky someday:)
5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Sublime Vanilla...
This is a very enjoyable one for me! It's one that I only heard of on the internet as it's not available in many places, and also because I'm a lover of vanilla scents in general.

Cologne of the Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes is a very nice vanilla centred fragrance. I enjoy it very much. It has great staying power on clothes and skin and good overall longevity. I get a sweet, slightly edible vanilla, very similar to crème brûlée or vanilla ice cream, but it's very nice. There is a smoky aspect to it as well, maybe something even balsamic. I've worn this one in various situations and weather and I think it performs very well for an eau de cologne. I recommend it based on value for money. This is probably the best smelling cheap vanilla out there. As in, it has aspects of a well made perfume and delivers well for what you pay for. I can imagine layering this with other gourmand or vanilla centred perfumes (like for example Guerlain Shalimar). I think it would work very well. For lovers of edible and light vanillas, this is a great choice. I'm certainly enjoying it!
2.5 2.5 7.5 8.5/10

Addictive and discreet cologne
Leaving aside the reminiscences of this outstanding cologne to other offers and its unbelievable price, this is a subtle, elegant and special vanilla-benzoin scent which feels great for daily wear at any time of the year. It is sweet without becoming cloying and so easy to love I sometimes even miss it and need to smell it from its cap for a moment while wearing other scents just for the pleasure of it. It is welcoming and friendly, one of those scents that make you feel your better you.

Quiet enough not to annoy anybody around and very long lasting for a cologne. Definitely one a lot of people will deeply enjoy. It works well on both men and woman too.

My only complaint is the sprayer doesn't have its own cap and the bottle's one doesn't perfectly fit in the sprayer 's top. Nevertheless I considerer it a small disadvantage, and I'm happy that there are still houses which prefer to save money from bottles design other than lowering the quality of their scents. This house not only does that, it does while keeping them accessible to all kinds of budget.

Cozy comfort vanilla
This fragrance gets compared to Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain a LOT. But I don't get the comparison at all...

The only thing I noticed is that they are both boozy vanilla scents. But Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a lot more creamy, and Eau des Missions is sharper/spicier and more smoky (at least to me). Creamy happens to match less with me :)

Strangely enough, I let a woman in my neighborhood try the sample I have of SDV, and on her I DID smell the similarity to EdM! Maybe because SDV is technically a woman's scent and EdM a unisex scent?

Anyways, Eau des Missions is an amazing cozy comfort scent to enjoy in the evening on the couch beneath a blanket. It's not a complex scent, what you get when it's freshly sprayed stays during the drydown.

For an EdC, this has an incredible longevity on my skin. I can still smell it 5 hours or more after applying it! And my clothes absorb the fragrance like mad!

P.S. I recently tried out Montale Vanille Absolu, and to me this is almost identical to Eau des Missions! Should I declare my nose insane? :p

Steve0580
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla and a bit of balsamic.
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, with an almost unnoticeable touch of balsamic to temper it a bit.

That's all I smell. I don't smell cedar or anything smoky. If I were to compare the fragrance to something, it would be vanilla taffy.

It's not a bad fragrance but definitely more feminine than masculine.

As a side note, this is only one of two fragrances that I've ever worn that actually made me a bit nauseous.

Itchynose 125 days ago
Sweet resinous vanilla, very close to Spiritueuse Double Vanille but with a subtle cedar note missing in Guerlain's fragrance.
6.0
Cym 7 months ago
On me, equal parts cedar and boozy vanilla - something to bear in mind if your skin ramps up cedar notes. Nevertheless, calming & enjoyable.+2
Bcars10 24 months ago
A beautiful, calming vanilla scent. I just wish it were stronger! It's basically a gentle vanilla whisper. Hauntingly sophisticated.+2
3.0