Eau des Missions (2011)

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes

Eau des Missions is a popular perfume by Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Vanilla, Gotu Kola, Myrrh, Benzoin, Chinese camelia, Virginia cedar

Submitted by Joe, last update on 17.05.2019

5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Sublime Vanilla...
This is a very enjoyable one for me! It's one that I only heard of on the internet as it's not available in many places, and also because I'm a lover of vanilla scents in general.

Cologne of the Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes is a very nice vanilla centred fragrance. I enjoy it very much. It has great staying power on clothes and skin and good overall longevity. I get a sweet, slightly edible vanilla, very similar to crème brûlée or vanilla ice cream, but it's very nice. There is a smoky aspect to it as well, maybe something even balsamic. I've worn this one in various situations and weather and I think it performs very well for an eau de cologne. I recommend it based on value for money. This is probably the best smelling cheap vanilla out there. As in, it has aspects of a well made perfume and delivers well for what you pay for. I can imagine layering this with other gourmand or vanilla centred perfumes (like for example Guerlain Shalimar). I think it would work very well. For lovers of edible and light vanillas, this is a great choice. I'm certainly enjoying it!
2.5 2.5 7.5 8.5/10

Addictive and discreet cologne
Leaving aside the reminiscences of this outstanding cologne to other offers and its unbelievable price, this is a subtle, elegant and special vanilla-benzoin scent which feels great for daily wear at any time of the year. It is sweet without becoming cloying and so easy to love I sometimes even miss it and need to smell it from its cap for a moment while wearing other scents just for the pleasure of it. It is welcoming and friendly, one of those scents that make you feel your better you.

Quiet enough not to annoy anybody around and very long lasting for a cologne. Definitely one a lot of people will deeply enjoy. It works well on both men and woman too.

My only complaint is the sprayer doesn't have its own cap and the bottle's one doesn't perfectly fit in the sprayer 's top. Nevertheless I considerer it a small disadvantage, and I'm happy that there are still houses which prefer to save money from bottles design other than lowering the quality of their scents. This house not only does that, it does while keeping them accessible to all kinds of budget.

Cozy comfort vanilla
This fragrance gets compared to Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain a LOT. But I don't get the comparison at all...

The only thing I noticed is that they are both boozy vanilla scents. But Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a lot more creamy, and Eau des Missions is sharper/spicier and more smoky (at least to me). Creamy happens to match less with me :)

Strangely enough, I let a woman in my neighborhood try the sample I have of SDV, and on her I DID smell the similarity to EdM! Maybe because SDV is technically a woman's scent and EdM a unisex scent?

Anyways, Eau des Missions is an amazing cozy comfort scent to enjoy in the evening on the couch beneath a blanket. It's not a complex scent, what you get when it's freshly sprayed stays during the drydown.

For an EdC, this has an incredible longevity on my skin. I can still smell it 5 hours or more after applying it! And my clothes absorb the fragrance like mad!

P.S. I recently tried out Montale Vanille Absolu, and to me this is almost identical to Eau des Missions! Should I declare my nose insane? :p

Steve0580
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla and a bit of balsamic.
Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, with an almost unnoticeable touch of balsamic to temper it a bit.

That's all I smell. I don't smell cedar or anything smoky. If I were to compare the fragrance to something, it would be vanilla taffy.

It's not a bad fragrance but definitely more feminine than masculine.

As a side note, this is only one of two fragrances that I've ever worn that actually made me a bit nauseous.

Cym 74 days ago
On me, equal parts cedar and boozy vanilla - something to bear in mind if your skin ramps up cedar notes. Nevertheless, calming & enjoyable.+2
Bcars10 19 months ago
A beautiful, calming vanilla scent. I just wish it were stronger! It's basically a gentle vanilla whisper. Hauntingly sophisticated.+2
3.0