La Rose (2014)

Version from 2014
La Rose (2014) by Le Galion

La Rose (2014) is a perfume by Le Galion for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Thomas Fontaine

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Ylang-ylang, Peach, Watery notes, Lily
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Patchouli, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 19.09.2018.

7.5 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Turandot
The smell can't help it...
...that he's not taken for full here. If a perfume is called "La Rose", then of course all rose fragrance lovers smell morning air and will then be disappointed with this fragrance. The watery notes are also unlikely to arouse storms of enthusiasm among flower lovers. I fell for it myself, because when most users classify a perfume as floral-fresh, my curiosity is limited. It was rekindled, however, when I saw that "La Rose" was developed by Thomas Fontaine, because his creations are often well wearable, rarely provocative but never banal.

My impression now is that the rose is only one voice in the orchestra. An important one, but not a soloist. I see the violet leaf and the creamy peach note much more present. And nobody has to be afraid of the lily either. As far as the watery notes are concerned, I feel them like the softening technique of a wet-on-wet watercolour painting. So nothing that dilutes the fragrance, but makes it appear transparent and flooded with light and dissolves hard contours. The scent becomes floating and almost a little dancing.

At the end, the vanilla I feared is kept in check by cedar and also Patchouli measured Thomas Fontaine with the pharmacist's scale, because the note is simply not recognizable to me and that is good in this case, because the character of the perfume thus remains until the end.

I like the fragrance and put it on my wish list. There is nothing that is really missing in my collection, because for occasions, in which I would reach for La Rose, stands a flacon Grisette of Lubin in my closet but also that will run out.

Popular Le Galion

Iris (2014) by Le Galion Essence Noble by Le Galion Eau Noble (2014) by Le Galion Sortilège (1937) by Le Galion Special for Gentlemen (2014) by Le Galion 222 (2014) by Le Galion Vetyver (2015) by Le Galion Sortilège (2014) by Le Galion Sang Bleu by Le Galion Aesthete by Le Galion Snob (2014) by Le Galion Cuir by Le Galion Whip (2014) by Le Galion La Rose (2014) by Le Galion Tubéreuse (2014) by Le Galion Cologne by Le Galion Cologne Nocturne by Le Galion Sortilège Elixir by Le Galion L'Âme Perdue by Le Galion Megara (Eau de Toilette) by Le Galion