Aldehyde 44 2006

Aldehyde 44 by Le Labo
Aldehyde 44 is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is synthetic-green. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Yann Vasnier

Vanilla absoluteVanilla absolute
AmbrettolideAmbrettolide
MuskMusk
AldehydesAldehydes

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 21.04.2020.

Ambrettolide is a scent molecule developed by Givaudan.
The scent was available exclusively at the "Le Labo Boutique" in Dallas.

Taskphorce
Aldehyde 44....Undoubtedly A Masterpiece!!
My most worn Le Labo and I have 20 Le Labos! It is so comforting and exudes vibes of cleanliness. I thoroughly enjoy this fragrance from opening through dry down. It is a dry, sweet, soapy, aldehydic floral that is neither masculine nor feminine. There is a monstrous dose of clean white musk in this fragrance that produces a detergent like vibe. I am also a fan of "clean" fragrances such as Comme des Garçons Synthetic Series: Dry Clean, Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Body Musk, and Le Labo Musc 25... I literally wear this fragrance every single day after I get out of the shower right before bedtime although I do wear it during the daytime too. I find it incredibly versatile. This fragrance lasts all day long. I'm sorry Coutureguru. I have to strongly disagree with your review. If you own a bottle, you can get refills (only with an original bottle) from LeLabo in Nolita (NYC) for a limited time, otherwise you are out of luck as it is a discontinued city exclusive.

UPDATE: This is now back in stock at the Dallas Boutique!
10/10 in all categories.

A definite miss ...
I'm one of those people who is a soft sell when it comes to fragrances. I think I just like the fact that there is SOOOO much out there that I can find loveliness in pretty much all of it. I like the way things smell when they smell good ... period.

Every so often a stinker of such vast proportions comes along that it makes my hair stand on end which, as I have a shaved head, is no mean feat. This one is definitely a member of the 'shoulda-been-destroyed-on-the-blotter" club. It joins other noteworthies like D&G Rose The One, Escada's Magnetism and pretty much every Britney, Paris and Justin frag ever created. It screeches off my skin in the most alarming way giving me instant nausea and a tickling sensation in the back of my throat. The notes sound promising (no Tuberose to speak of here!!) ... but the delivery is unfortunately a disastrous mangle of aromachemical hell. I'm not sure how it's possible to f*k up a fragrance like this using these basic notes ... but Le Labo has managed it with Aldehyde 44.

I really don't like being mean about a fragrance but on me, this is truly a horror. I received it as a sample and the two spritzes out of it will be the first and last. It's exhorbitant price aside, I just cannot fathom anyone wanting to smell like this. Please let me know if you are reading this review and enjoy wearing this one ... I'd love an enthusiasts opinion.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie 19 by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo