Ambrette 9 (2006) Eau de Parfum

Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo

Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Michel Almairac

Ambrette, Fruits, Citruses

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 22.09.2019

Ambroxanette!
Ambrette by Le Labo is a cute and graceful scented thingy gently and carelessly revolving around amber, musk, ambrettolide, ambroxan, with something fruity on top and a pleasant anisic-floral breeze providing a watercolour silky touch all over. Cozy, sweet, lively, as much pleasant as completely unsubstantial to me, as it basically smells like the drydown of a whatever floral-fruity feminine scent from the late Nineties. Feeble, nerveless, and short lived. Meh...

5,5-6/10
2.5 2.5 7.5 8.0/10

Sweet Baby Peach
This is my second time wearing my sample and I am having a much better experience than my first impression. This is indeed very low sillage, translucent and watery in its manifestation. Easily appropriate for young children/tweens, but also a fine non-offensive day scent for corporate adults. When I visited the Le Labo Boutique in L.A. the S.R. made it very clear the mission of Le Labo is not to impress the audience in the first 15 minutes but to haunt and enslave us in the drydown and linger for hours peeking from the skin like a Cheshire cat (my words not hers) but she said Le Labo is all about the drydown. I am finding that is true- not only could I not formulate a review on this scent in the first hour, but it wouldn't do it justice if I did. What I perceived in the first 15 minutes was something like one drop of APOM pour Femme plus one drop of KM's Peau de Peche diluted in a liter of distilled water. However after one hour I can really not detect anything when I smell the location on my wrist, and yet when I wave my arm through the air I can detect the most soft feminine swoon-worthy soft orange blossom, ambrette seed and rounded warm golden amber it confers a subtle yet confident "I know I smell good" vibe. Of course, if you are not familiar with the house of Le Labo's fragrance naming system, let's just say, it's a bit tongue-in-cheek, IMO. If you're hunting for that quintessential ambrette experience- I don't believe this fragrance will clearly identify the essence of ambrette for anyone. This is art; a complete complex composition, for that I applaud it. Would I wear this...Yes! It is light, clean (a little soapy at first), fresh, breezy and yet creates a yearning in the soul for more- it's a beautiful signature skin scent for Spring and Summer. I think a man could wear this as well with the layering of a little leather, musk, vetyver, coffee, lavender, tobacco, coriander, woody note or something to give it a bit of a ruggedly handsome feeling. Sadly, there are so many more interesting fragrances with more attention to the bottle and decent sillage for 140usd, I can't imagine owning this unless the magical fragrance pixies dropped it on my doorstep.
5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Really, what is there to say?
I love Le Labo because their fragrances are almost always weird smelling, and I love weird. However, Ambrette 9 in this case might be a little too strange for me to comprehend.

It's a very light, intimate fragrance which is what I initially noted. Ambrette is not a note I am familiar with, and now that I have experienced it, I'm not too keen. This fragrance smells musky, but not in a dirty, sexy, animalic way. It's like a white, powdery musk blended with sugar-free marshmallows and pistachios. But it's not a gourmand.

On the skin it's light and fluffy. Some reviewers are saying that it's a scent for a baby. Well I'd prefer my babies to smell natural and to be honest it's quite an expensive fragrance for a one year old. Supposedly it's meant to compliment your own skin scent.

I agree with Henri345que, it does smell like cotton. The actual scent of clothes before they're washed and scented with laundry detergent. Ambrette 9 is such an odd fragrance that I see myself going off on all kinds of tangents trying to describe it.

It doesn't last unfortunately, which is a shame because Le Labo is usually known for their killer sillage and fantastic lasting power. I think my issue with Ambrette 9 is that I find it bland and lacking in character. It's a fragrance which has me confused as to who actually buys it.

I love musk in scents, particularly Kiehl's Original Musk, but this fragrance is under par in that department. I don't think I could possibly express my disappointment in any other way than through this review.

Hermesh 4 years ago
Transparent, light and clean. Sometimes alcoholic note emerges, sometimes juniper note, and sometimes it smells like clean skin.+1
6.0

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo