AnOther 13 2010 Eau de Parfum

AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo
AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is synthetic-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Goes well with L'Homme

Nathalie Lorson

Ambrette seed absoluteAmbrette seed absolute AmbroxanAmbroxan PearPear JasmineJasmine MossMoss Helvetolide®Helvetolide®

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 10.08.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Ischgelroi
May it be something AnOther ?
I received my blindly bought Le Labo AnOther from England today at about 11 am (luckily without customs). AnOther I bought to have something new / different to my Escentric Molecules 01, of which I already have the second bottle. The other Escentric Molecules and Escentrics couldn't really convince me, either I didn't really like the restriction to one molecule, or it was too much of a "perfume" for me, this may sound strange to some, but sometimes I'm looking for more of a smell or sensation to spray on and not a scent, or a perfume. AnOther is really refreshingly different here.

AnOther starts out fresh and somewhat fruity with pear. The Ambroxan note which has not pleased me for example with Molecule 02 at all is not omnipresent here and not disturbing. After about 2-3 hours, the freshness gives way to a little musk (fragrance), which I also perceive as pleasant. A very big advantage of AnOther I see in perceptibility of each person, this is for example not with each Escentric Molecules the case
The association of sweat or metal I can somehow not understand at all. I can perceive nothing in that direction here. Aquatic I can easily perceive here, but not really scratchy, but nice and gentle.

I think many people think wrong when testing AnOther. Here the buyer does not acquire a perfume but more a smell or a perception. A perfume to expect leads here inevitably to a colossal disappointment, because a perfume gets the tester here not to face. Who hopes this, will certainly not be happy with AnOther.

I am really very happy to have discovered AnOther 13 for me, even if the price makes you gulp. Since a Molecule 01 is already significantly cheaper, but AnOther is (unfortunately) really worth the money.

The durability is really perfect, although this is probably very much dependent on the carrier, as with many Molecule fragrances, with me smells AnOther really without problems 10 hours well perceptible.
Minimalism
First of all, I would like to mention how much I like molecular fragrances and if you do not share this passion, this fragrance will not be for you. This is where everything I like about this way of creating fragrances comes together. So what you smell here is not really a perfume at all, but something else. But it is of infinite beauty.. It is!

When I spray:
If it smells fresh, this can be captured, although it is a very sterile freshness that does not look natural. It appears slightly metallic, slightly sweaty and heated. You can smell the ambroxan and ambrette seeds very well and you have to accept that we are dealing with upscale synthetics. If you think that the synthetics are due to a lack of high-quality ingredients, then you have to accept that this "effect" is intentional. But the synthetic - and this speaks for itself - is not pungent, biting or headaches, but simply futuristic. In addition, "Another 13" has a repellent effect due to its clanking freshness and is elevated above the wearer. It thus leads a small life of its own on the skin of the wearer. But this is not really surprising, considering the chemical cocktail it is mixed from. Pear and jasmine can only be smelled slightly in the background and make the fragrance a little softer.

The conclusion after smelling it is that we are dealing with a dry, repellent, metallic, slightly sweaty and overall fresh-synthetic scent. A true molecule, which is in no way inferior to molecule 01.

H/S:
Also typical for the molecular kitchen is the outstanding performance. It can easily last for 10 hours+ and is clearly perceptible in my environment. Yesterday I wore it in the gym, which was clearly over the top - the poor athletes around me. In addition, A13 always recharges itself. Sometimes it seems to disappear, then a nice wave comes under your nose again: wonderful!

Flacon:
Pure minimalism...

Price:
Maximalism pure...

Buy?
If you are looking for a beautiful, fresh and unusual fragrance that is not commonplace, you might find it here. However, you should already have dealt with other molecular scents, as this one is much more angular than many of the other "chemical bombs". Furthermore, I would strongly recommend to test "Another 13" not only once quickly, the scent needs time to take effect and - despite its straightforwardness - to reveal all its facets. After the first test it could not convince me either, but today I love it very much. It has what not every fragrance can do, smells like little and thus expresses so much. Here you can find pure minimalism in the best way

Pleasantly Cold
This fragrance feels cold, metallic, and crisp. The most accurate way I could describe this would be to smell an ice cube wrapped in aluminum foil, with a slice of frozen pear wrapped along with it. Usually fruits can add a warm freshness to the fragrance, but this pear is more like a pear popsicle instead of a regular pear. Like when you first take a popsicle out of the wrapping and you just catch that faint whiff of what flavor it is, all the freshness, but without any warmth. Truth be told though, I don’t even know if that description does this scent justice because this scent is rather indescribable, but not in a bad way. Honestly it’s one of the most easy to wear fragrances in my collection and is kind of a dumb reach if I need to go out for a quick errand or something, as the scent is inoffensive, interesting, and pleasant to smell. I can easily recommend this to most people, unless you’re sensitive to Iso E Super as there’s a hefty amount of it in this fragrance, so remember to try it first before buying a full bottle.
Perfumed glossy magazine!
Another 13, the rough diamond?
Yes, even I did not immediately realize to what a wonderful ...? Yeah, what is Another 13 actually? A perfume? No, that would be to quickly dismiss it. Aura in a Bottle? Maybe!
I like to compare the "Another 13" with the Pondon of D.S. Durga "I Don't know what" Durga herself calls it a fragrance enhancer, like an empty house in which aromas and perfume components can "nestle" I personally prefer the term aura-scent Use only for layering? No, in my opinion A13 is much too good for that!
I like it when you describe scents briefly and concisely in order to try to tell others what to expect!
I am neither a poet nor a major collector. That doesn't impress me either! Quality counts, and I like it when you can recognize a line or a footprint in a collection!
This A13 will fit perfectly into my collection.
Yeah, enough talk (written), how does he smell now?

>> Scented glossy magazine!
"Antiperfume" 13
There are perfumes that are less perceived as perfume than as smell or fragrance. First and foremost, of course, Geza with its "famous" Escentric series, which deals with individual fragrances, from which topics such as perception thresholds and compliments end in eternal discussions.
IsoESuper, like Ambroxan, should now be known to everyone at least as a carrier in almost every perfume. Viewed individually, the two of them can already give quite a lot of pleasure: IsoE as a soft, cool-dry cedar wood smell and Ambroxan with its rather sweet-woody accents, both somehow convince every perfume lover at some point. Be it "monothematic" or as a carrier or additive combined with other substances... which finally finds its way into the bottles via Dior, Chanel or Hermès.
With Another13 we are dealing with a "smell", which at its core appears completely detached from any perfume idea as an abstract but also somehow natural work of art. The focus is clearly on Ambroxan, which probably once again prevents some noses from seeing the whole work of art at all, as well as some old acquaintances like birch, jasmine or moss.

Simply put, Antoher13 smells like synthetic.

More precisely, Another13 smells of craft, industry and metal. But also after sun-tanned skin on long summer days in nature, after fresh sweat on warm but clean skin, after Petrichor (rain on warm asphalt), after past but also future. Innovative, minimalist, consistent and purist.
After an alcoholic start it goes directly in the Ambrox veil through the industry, off into nature. Where he remains in the metal-Moschus mix and in between flashes up metallic-coolly like the weather lights in the summer thunderstorm. Similar to Molecule01 it also comes in waves. It wafts, reacts to temperature and environment. After a more exact evaluation of altogether 5 persons it can be said that Antoher13 on a good arm length is reserved and pleasant, fantastic 12-15 hours perceptible.

Gentle but radical in its implementation, convincing in its durability, Another13 has captivated me completely. For me, the perfect "anti-perfume" when I want to smell the way I like to smell myself, without putting on a more "superimposed" perfume. When I feel "arrived and done" and leaving out means more than having to. Synthetic, but maximum natural. Art can be that simple.

4 short views on the fragrance
PetarMolnarPetarMolnar 3 months ago
Dirtier and Glorified Molecule02 by Escentric Molecules. Really good though. But I prefer the crisp and clean feel Molecule02 experience.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Opens like sweetened rubbing alcohol, morphs into a light musky-nutty thing, then dries down into freshly shaven woods.
YosYos 7 months ago
This is a prime example of why you cannot always base your purchases on reviews. Average 7.2/10 on here, but it's my most complimented frag!
JANE87JANE87 8 months ago
To me is Perfection. Love at the first spray. Everyone ask me what I am wearing. Compliments gainer. It’s not just a perfume it’s a trace

Images

13 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie 19 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo