Bergamote 22 (2006)Eau de Parfum

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo

Top 91 in Unisex Perfume
Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Daphné Bugey

Bergamot, Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Vanilla, Vetiver, Orange blossom, Cedarwood, Aspic

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 27.05.2020.

The taste of summer ☀️
Close your eyes. Relax.
Imagine you are sitting in late summer in a garden in Italy full of trees of citrus fruits. The sun has completely filled up your vitamin D household during the day. Your skin literally smells and tastes like it. You take a deep breath and relax. The bergamot, lemons, oranges and grapefruit give you a feeling of unprecedented freshness. A perfect balance, as you would find in a perfect gin and tonic with lemon. You don't scream for more, you enjoy this feeling of well-being. You relax
A short love letter
Beloved bergamot,

we hide many things, we don't show them to anyone, out of shame, out of fear that our vulnerability could be used. Imperfection pricks like a thorn. Pressure from outside, pressure from within to conform to images, not the other way around. Everyday life is often pervaded by this madness. In the morning, after the alarm clock rings, sand in the eyes, creaking joints, moon craters in the face at night, staggering, listlessness, grumbling, stale. It's all part of life, but they don't like to show it. But that's normal and good. Your presence helps me to shift my gaze. Because with you I can be as I am. You accept without reservation You wake up next to me and lie on me like a veil, like the finest mist. I draw the curtains, sun floods the bedroom, you on my skin, in my textiles, your smell in my nose, penetrates my brain, doesn't let go of me, you won't let go of me. You dream of bergamot. You shift the autumnal softness of your family of origin into the creamy, easygoing. Fluffy and airy cream, not heavy at all, not dragging bitter. Soft, harmonious, through and through. Bergamot ice cream in summer. With slightly sweetish elements, like vanilla oranges, and delicate green, but soft, very soft, with the aim of smoothing everything out, rounding it off. If you were a picture, you would be a watercolour You love it when the sun shines; and when it does not, you take its place. At work you blow in my nose at times, reminding me of you and everything you stand for: cheerfulness, light-heartedness, warmth, lightness. Walking in the park, the spring green of nature becomes even more intense and beautiful. When we meet a friend, time suddenly flows in the most beautiful way. You please, not only me, for which I am grateful. In your poetry album I would put in as attribute triad clean/fresh/pure. You're a not too loud middle-distance runner. You don't stick, you don't clog, you fade quietly instead. At work, sometimes it makes me sad. But there's a good thing about it: I long for you again and look forward to the evening and the next morning with you.
It is a pity that you are relatively unknown. It's a pity you taste. But be that as it may, you are with me, and you are enjoying the lives of some others. That's how it should be
With love
The day after
It's curled up there.
Gently I put my hand over it. He's cool.
Yesterday he snuggled up warm against my neck I'll pick it up A very pleasant creamy fragrance clings to it, not sweet, but with a slightly green vibrating impact.
My nose is drawn to it and she breathes a few deep breaths of this delicious echo of my past undertakings.
The smell is clearly noticeable even at a distance and I hesitate, I would like to keep it for a while Then I put the scarf into the washing machine with all the other clothes and turn it on Why not repeat the experience from the very beginning?

The simple bottle with the typewriter label releases a load of juicy citrus fruits, which I find neither sweet nor particularly sour or bitter, but simply refreshing and above all natural.
Very briefly, I perceive the typical classic 4711 Eau de Cologne scent, but Le Labo's Bergamote 22 is embedded in a gentle creaminess, although this seems to me to be a somewhat inappropriate description, because cream in itself smells at best slightly chemical and only receives the "typical" cream smell through the added fragrances.
It is probably the vanilla that creates this soft, flattering, somehow homely and not at all chemical association.
At the same time the scent oscillates and seems to be there and then gone again.
I often have this perception when vetiver or even ISO-E-Super is included.
Vetiver provides here for a golden-green lightness, which Bergamote 22 radiates for me.

On my skin I can't perceive the scent very strongly, but it transfers well to clothes and sticks there for a very long time.
Of course you should not expect a monstersillage from a citric perfume and so I am also very satisfied with this fine and noble clean scent, which even days later from the dirty laundry still winks at me.
The best citric scent?
A friend of mine brought me a bottle of this fragrance.
When I tested him, I was immediately blown away. The scents are balanced, the citrus not penetrating. Also the shelf life of over 8 hours, which is very unusual for a citric scent, testifies to high quality.

Conclusion:
If you want to smell a GENIAL fragrance that is different - even if it is not an everyday fragrance - you should get a sample. The price is unfortunately still a little too high, which is the reason that I do not own it yet. But definitely a masterpiece by Le Labo. Hats off!

Reference Bergamot?
One of Le labo's more popular releases, from 2006 and eau de parfum concentration, here are my thoughts on this fragrance....enjoy. ...................

like old friends
It almost seemed as if it had returned again, the summer.
Returned to give him a worthy framework, the test of "Bergamote 22".
After all, it should be a summer scent, a scent for sun and blue sky, for light and air and at least 20 degrees.
Not for bad weather, storm grey skies, lashing rain and leave the dog in the house.
Once again it had become warm in this golden October, once again the sky was drunken blue, the light like bright honey, that one could leave the jackets at home, rummage out the T-shirts once more and wear the scents of summer.
And "Bergamote 22".

We had never met before, "Bergamote 22" and I, I knew that for sure.
And yet she was very familiar to me from the very first moment, we met like old friends.
I knew their gentle, sweet freshness, the flowery Hesperides, the not too darkly bitter wood and a Neroli that only briefly touches the hemisphere of a cologne.
I knew her stimulating effect, her gentleness and appeasement, the smile she put on my cheeks, and the wrinkles she stroked out of my brows.
She had been familiar to me for a long time, 17 long years - "Mugler Cologne" was her name on our very first date, which since then has been followed by so many, so many.

They are siblings, those two - no twins, but close, very close relatives.
Without direct comparison, I couldn't tell them apart, not from the heart note, especially not in the drydown.
"Bergamote 22" shows more wood at the beginning, appears a little more bitter, but after half an hour at the most they are both the same in their expression, in their fine citrus fruit, the light creaminess, the light yellowish-green that lifts every mood, that awakens and simply does me good.
Like the heat, like the blue sky, like October this solar year.
And like an old, beloved, good friend.
The Best Bergamote Fragrance
For a long time I was looking for a convincing bergamot scent, when I found the "Le Labo Bergamote 22". It was my most expensive blind purchase in my perfume career so far. I have not regretted this decision until today.
I ordered the fragrance online from a nameful perfumery, and when the package arrived at my home, I couldn't wait. I was looking forward like a little child, the packaging ripped open and off I went the wild ride.

To the fragrance:
After the first sprayer I meet a juicy creamy bergamot with a slight undertone of orange and grapefruit. I didn't expect such a start at all, I was very surprised and a little speechless. After a certain time, a slightly spicy undertone with beautiful wood chords appears, but this remains in the background. The bergamot can be clearly perceived throughout.

To the bottle:
It is a classic round solid glass bottle that can also be personalised. I didn't personalize my bottle.

Sillage & Durability:
The scent is not a Sillagebombe that one must say, I do not expect also with a bergamot scent. Silage's okay, but it could be better. You are perceived with this scent, in the office I have often been asked about the scent by colleagues.
I would estimate the shelf life of this fragrance at 7 to 8 hours.

Personal conclusion:
I have already tested some bergamot scents and I really have to say that Le Labo is the best by far. Personally I wear the scent in the summer from 25 degrees, there the scent really hits. I still don't regret buying the scent. The fragrance is expensive, but you are rewarded for it. Personally I would buy the fragrance again at any time.

Beautiful citrus
For men? Really, I'm not convinced. The day I wore this, I received so many compliments. I didn't feel like this needed gender bending at all.

I usually hate dominant citrus notes in my fragrances, especially when grapefruit plays a leading role, but Bergamote 22 has proven that a perfectly refreshing citrus scent without harshness or sour accords can be achieved.

Bergamote 22 sparkles with such brightness and prettiness. In truth, the name is a little misleading as the woods are quite a feature in this fragrance.

There's a sweet aspect to this fragrance that is difficult to explain. It's a clean floral to my nose with an interesting soapy quality, especially towards the drydown. I only noticed the sweetness on the tester card, but not my skin.

On my skin, the masculinity of this fragrance appears. For the first few minutes it's a clean and crisp blend of citrus and musk, however vetiver and amber really feature after the top notes fade. This fragrance also struggled to last on me.

On others Bergamote 22 has wonderful sillage and longevity. I so wanted this fragrance to work for me, but like all citrus scents, they don't go well with my chemistry.

I have not been entirely let-down by this fragrance, in fact I'm thoroughly impressed. I highly recommend.

Dan81Dan81 14 days ago
Fresh bergamot with tart citruses that smell like Neroli to me but it may be grapefruit as the notes listed above. Definitely for summer
ItchynoseItchynose 166 days ago
Astringent green with a fleeting clean bergamot that is quickly taken over by petitgrain and vetiver.
KingPinKingPin 15 months ago
5.5
Clean Bergamot, but a bit faint in strength. Prefer Malin+Goetz Bergamot as the cleanest, purest bergamot scent.
OdysseusOdysseus 3 years ago
Reminds me of Creed's Original Vetiver, with less of the earthiness of O.V. Fresh, clean and crisp with a luxury bar soapiness vibe. V. Nice
Q8baggioQ8baggio 3 years ago
Clean bright citrus..long lasting... notes are well balanced...a must have one .

by TheScenter
by R0din
by Dimwobba
by Dimwobba

Popular Le Labo

Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie 19 by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo