Bergamote 22 2006 Eau de Parfum

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo
Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Daphné Bugey

VetiverVetiver
Orange blossomOrange blossom
CedarwoodCedarwood
Aspic

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 15.10.2021.

Lacrimalus
This is how the holiday smells
Bergamot 22 is a citrusy woody scent that smells like freshly squeezed lemons (bergamots) and for me is one of the most beautiful bergamot scents. This scent is all about the bergamot and its lemon / lime like tones, very refreshing and pleasant. But it's more than just a citrusy scent, woods, spices, grapefruit and vanilla come out as it progresses. They help create a fantastic citrus dominated scent. In the dry-down, subtle florals stand out, yet all tones reach a more balanced level. In the base, the vanilla becomes stronger and adds a touch of sweetness to the eau de parfum. The ingredients seem very high quality, but you have to pay a corresponding price for that. The shelf life is six hours (+) with a moderate projection for over 60-90 minutes.
-----------------------
Conclusion: is the fragrance worth the money? I say yes! Anyone who has ever cut a bergamot in half will immediately find the smell and emotion in Le Labo's perfume. A very authentic and natural smelling fragrance that is a great companion especially in spring and into late summer. Clean, sharp and very refreshing.
Summer Evening
When you've spent the whole day at the beach on your summer holiday and get ready in the evening with a slight sunburn in your hotel room, quickly apply some perfume and go out for dinner. This is how Bergamot 22 smells to me. Beautifully citrusy and totally fresh. Silage and durability are good. By the way, it can also be layered with other Le Labo fragrances. I would never have thought but with Santal 33 also a beautiful, interesting combination.
My Vitamin D
How many sunny, warm days have we had between now and May 2021? I think I can count them on one hand. But every time I miss the warmth, every time I look forward to long nights, I have to sniff the Bergamot 22 bottle. It makes me hope for sunny days.

The prelude begins strongly citrusy, in my opinion almost a bit too much. But that settles quickly. It remains a pleasant note that is composed of the many citrus ingredients. In the background, I still notice a slight woody note, which is probably caused by the vetiver and cedar. To be honest, I don't smell a great change in the hours after. But then, it doesn't need to. I like it just the way it is. Above 20 degrees Celsius, it also comes to have a really solid staying power. The sillage is also perfectly fine for a citrusy scent. He is never penetrating, but is noticed by the fellow.

Le Labo picked me up with this perfume and brought me into the world of niche fragrances. For this I am really grateful
The spring can come
Since there are currently also more expensive niche fragrances again and again at amazingly good prices, I get the pleasure to test significantly more new candidates than normal. One of my latest acquisitions : Le Labo Bergamotte 22.

This fragrance gives real competition to big cologne classics like Farina. However, Le Labo smells more highly condensed, fresh, sporty. And although the fragrance delivers not a whiff, but a concentrated load of bergamot freshness, it does not falter in the nose. Generated from a cheaper oil, that could have been exactly true. In the quality delivered, the perfume is an absolute delight. The 100 ML will be quickly empty (provided the sun shines again as in 2020). ?
Bask in the sun with Le Labo
Hello you fragrance freaks :D
Welcome to my commentary on Le Labo's "Bergamote 22". I do not know how well known Le Labo is among you sniffing noses, I anyway know the brand from the name, but many fragrances I have not yet tried from them.

Alright, as I said, here comes Bergamote 22, which sounds like a fresh scent. Many seem to like such fresh or citrus scents not so much... well, my cat does not like them either, but at least he bears them bravely anyway, if I should test them and he should happen to be near me... see, even my cat does not grumble about citrus scents as much as you do, he just takes off very quietly, so you do not even get with that he is long over the hills :D

Anyway, I'll get straight to the fragrance, let's see if it is something for the summer (especially if the summer should be reasonably Corona-free, which I somehow but no longer quite believe *sigh*...)

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins somewhat strictly citrusy, almost even a little chemically scented. Fortunately, this is only the prelude, which lasts only a few seconds (he can nevertheless drive away so some quickly...). After that, the scent becomes increasingly citrusy, with the chemical scents I just mentioned fading away quite quickly. The citrusy scents then actually smell quite authentic, which is great, especially on hot days. In addition to the bergamot and lemon you can smell a fragrance that also works very great on hot days, namely a grapefruit, which comes across nice citrusy sour and also a little bitter, although you can still smell the fruity juicy pulp well and get the feeling to bite right into a grapefruit (but without sugar on it, he he :D).
Soo... in the background I still smell very slightly a mint out, but that can also just seem to me.
To the base, the fragrance becomes a little drier. In addition, there are earthy notes of vetiver, you can also smell a little cedar, which is as so often a good basis for a base. The base smells of cedar and the citrus scents, but is now again a little more severe, because more acidic, which might not please everyone. This "strict effect" unfolds certainly so right on hot days.
In the base, it remains citrusy and slightly bitter, but also strangely a little strict-biting. Is okay, but for me there are much nicer citrus fragrances.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is... well, it's a summer scent. A really citrusy summer scent. As is so often the case, this fragrance has a rather low sillage, although it's not quite as bad here as with most other citrusy summer fragrances, which yes, sometimes seem to disappear after 15 minutes. So it's okay, especially just for a summer scent. The durability is also quite okay, he holds out so four or five hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is a cylindrical and clear container with a silver colored lid. The label looks a bit cluttered with lots of information, but is okay and reminds a tiny bit of the label of Maison Margiela's Replica fragrances. Is all not soo special, but still nice.

Conclusion:
Okay, Bergamote 22 is one of those fragrances that fits well in the summer. However, such fragrances are a dime a dozen and you'd have to try a lot of them to find your "THE summer scent". Well, let's be honest, you are all perfumas and parfumos here, for you there is not THE summer scent, but rather THE summer scents, so several, because you can never have enough of something, right? Boah one could surely torture you well with it, if one would ask you to give away all your bottles, except five favorites, which you may keep,... well, let's say 10, which you may keep, I'm not an inhuman, mu ha ha :D

Soo,... whether you can count this fragrance here to the great summer fragrances, well, that everyone must decide for themselves. For me, there are more beautiful fragrances, but he is after all times worth trying, because he smells through the somewhat strict-bitter fragrance notes also times something different.

But much you should now still not expect, he is now once more intended for refreshment, he is at best a leisure or office fragrance on hot days, and nothing you could use for going out, at least in my opinion.

Well... that's about it for the scent. Until summer I have certainly tried so some summery fragrances, let's see what I still discover so everything (... what the poor cat must endure until then so everything... :D). Take care and see you :)

Expensive
As much as I love the opening scent of this parfum, the longivitiy and projection is far from the price tag seem to represent.

Love the opening bergamote, fresh and crisp, but still find it hard to pay around €250...
Fresh & Clean
This fragrance smells just super fresh citrus. You feel directly like on a beautiful spring or summer day as soon as you apply this perfume. I immediately fell in love with this great minimalist design of the bottle.
Will definitely put on as soon as it gets warmer again!

Nice nice bergamot
Este perfume tiene una de las mejores salidas cítricas que he olido.
Se nota una bergamota de calidad, con el paso del tiempo aparecen las maderas y la
Vainilla dándole un toque algo cremoso al conjunto.
Me ha gustado mucho.
Perfume unisex y para primavera y verano.
FabianO
Like a well-cut white T-shirt...
Yes, it's amazing how long this summer beauty has passed me by.
Amidst the many rather mediocre, unnatural summer scents, "Bergamote 22", already 14 years old, is a true, clean, floating beauty.

Bergamot is really the creamy, delicate centre, softened by orange blossom and a micro-bud of vanilla at the back. Somehow a simple, but high quality and simply well cut white T-shirt comes to my mind as an association and clothing counterpart. There are so many motives (which I tend to do myself), but in the end a clear, redundant T-shirt that drifts into a slim-fit doesn't distract from the wearer so much
And that's how I detect that Le Labo smell. Airy, clear, citric, not carrying too much olfactory ballast, but without being banal.
Good shelf life and simply an adorably creamy bergamot for the summer.
The Fine One
I don't know what happened to the other perfumers in Corona times. I myself saw myself banished to the home office at the beginning of March. And thus a bit far into an isolation not chosen by myself, which was then further aggravated by the lockdown. No more sniffing scents while shopping, no more samples to be tested. No news that was presented to you, somehow suddenly everything was different. Somehow I lost the desire to be active online. The situation was too strange, too odd and strange.

After a few weeks boredom set in and yes, I admit it, a certain withdrawal - from new things, from visual stimuli, simply from strolling through shops. So what could be more obvious than a blind purchase? Well, I didn't just hit the bull's eye with such stories, so a certain risk is permanently and latently present here, but hey, no risk no fun. And in times of Corona, a matching scent might even become a real mood enhancer. So all concerns put aside and ordered Bergamote. My first Le Labo, by the way, a true niche brand, which is still very, very rare. The probability of running into a wearer of such a fragrance is extremely low, which alone makes the brand really interesting.

Le Labo. A sturdy box, a bottle. The unboxing is relatively unspectacular, just like the bottle itself. The highlight is most likely the cap that fits snugly in the hand. The sticker in the pharmacy style of yesteryear, well, a question of taste.

In the end, the truth lies in the content, it must fit, then the rest is irrelevant to me. Activate sprayer and wait. There are scents, I sniff on my wrist and then again after an hour. And there are scents I can't stop sniffing. These are the ones that are highly appreciated by me. And bergamote belongs exactly to this genre. Again and again and again I bring my wrist to my nose and vice versa. This happens to me very rarely. The last time it happened to me was with Reckless von Roja. Such reflexes then trigger an absolute and direct buying stimulus or, as in the case at hand, confirmation and enthusiasm about the transaction already made.
And I was anything but sure that this Le Labo really has what it takes to get me on his side. After all, with Bergamotto di Calabria from Acqua di Parma, I already have a representative of this fragrance in my home, also very popular.

But when the Acqua di Parma competitor comes around the corner, male and immediately present, Bergamote from Le Labo is completely different. My first thought was: Wow. A true gentleman. One who still keeps the ladies' car doors open today. A gentleman who sometimes brings flowers home without any reason. One who likes to be invited to dinner. Not a riot, not a loudspeaker, but a super elegant, finely crafted fragrance. I want to smell like this Le Labo, exactly the same, noble, elegant, unobtrusive. The bergamot goes from start to finish, and as it goes on I smell some wood and slight hints of vetiver. But only light, and that's what makes this fragrance so fantastic, no note literally kills the other, but interweaves with the components to a perfect harmony. Towards the end, Bergamote weakens further and wanders into a very soft and slightly creamy corner, which, however, is not disturbing due to the diminishing perception.

Is there anything to complain about in view of such a revelation of scent? Well, to my chagrin, the sillage is only at an average level, which I find disappointing in terms of the price point. Overall, the shelf life is clearly above that, but here too - after all, we are talking about an eau de parfum! - still has some room for improvement, even if it is a light and summery representative. On my skin it is over after 60-90 minutes with any sillage, durability in the range of 4-5 hours. Will soon increase the dosage to see how much it takes to leave a lasting effect.

In this respect there is light and shadow, whereby light (= the scent per se) simply gains the upper hand. I see Bergamote in the unisex corner, undoubtedly also ladies, but generally people who do not want to make an impression by hook or crook but want to be pleasantly remembered. Quite in the gentleman style just ...

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A rather simple, yet fresh and clean floral-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by gentle and warm creamy-woody base. Unisex, sadly overhyped!
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Fresh bergamot with tart citruses that smell like Neroli to me but it may be grapefruit as the notes listed above. Definitely for summer
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Astringent green with a fleeting clean bergamot that is quickly taken over by petitgrain and vetiver.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
5.5
Clean Bergamot, but a bit faint in strength. Prefer Malin+Goetz Bergamot as the cleanest, purest bergamot scent.
OdysseusOdysseus 4 years ago
Reminds me of Creed's Original Vetiver, with less of the earthiness of O.V. Fresh, clean and crisp with a luxury bar soapiness vibe. V. Nice
Q8baggioQ8baggio 4 years ago
Clean bright citrus..long lasting... notes are well balanced...a must have one .

by Lacrimalus
by Dimwobba
by Leka
by Leka

Popular Le Labo

Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie 19 by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Aldehyde 44 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo