Bergamote 22 2006Eau de Parfum

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo
Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Daphné Bugey

Bergamot, Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Vanilla, Vetiver, Orange blossom, Cedarwood, Aspic

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 21.02.2021.

Havelock
The scent I always come back to
My first comment here - bear with me please!

I'll keep it short too, it's all been said in many earlier comments.

I am rather no fragrance freak like probably many here, but have me the last few years with much pleasure by a whole lot of fragrances "through-smelled" and also the one rder andere erstanden.

This one has emerged over time as my favorite.

Whenever I go through my "collection", this is where I get "stuck". The fragrance is just fantastic all around. It goes with everything, has nothing unpleasant and is "simply" flawlessly beautiful. No other fragrance has that for me - either too strong, too unusual/difficult to wear/intrusive, or too 08/15 mainstream like every airport perfumery smells. Here everything fits
Bask in the sun with Le Labo
Hello you fragrance freaks :D
Welcome to my commentary on Le Labo's "Bergamote 22". I do not know how well known Le Labo is among you sniffing noses, I anyway know the brand from the name, but many fragrances I have not yet tried from them.

Alright, as I said, here comes Bergamote 22, which sounds like a fresh scent. Many seem to like such fresh or citrus scents not so much... well, my cat does not like them either, but at least he bears them bravely anyway, if I should test them and he should happen to be near me... see, even my cat does not grumble about citrus scents as much as you do, he just takes off very quietly, so you do not even get with that he is long over the hills :D

Anyway, I'll get straight to the fragrance, let's see if it is something for the summer (especially if the summer should be reasonably Corona-free, which I somehow but no longer quite believe *sigh*...)

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins somewhat strictly citrusy, almost even a little chemically scented. Fortunately, this is only the prelude, which lasts only a few seconds (he can nevertheless drive away so some quickly...). After that, the scent becomes increasingly citrusy, with the chemical scents I just mentioned fading away quite quickly. The citrusy scents then actually smell quite authentic, which is great, especially on hot days. In addition to the bergamot and lemon you can smell a fragrance that also works very great on hot days, namely a grapefruit, which comes across nice citrusy sour and also a little bitter, although you can still smell the fruity juicy pulp well and get the feeling to bite right into a grapefruit (but without sugar on it, he he :D).
Soo... in the background I still smell very slightly a mint out, but that can also just seem to me.
To the base, the fragrance becomes a little drier. In addition, there are earthy notes of vetiver, you can also smell a little cedar, which is as so often a good basis for a base. The base smells of cedar and the citrus scents, but is now again a little more severe, because more acidic, which might not please everyone. This "strict effect" unfolds certainly so right on hot days.
In the base, it remains citrusy and slightly bitter, but also strangely a little strict-biting. Is okay, but for me there are much nicer citrus fragrances.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is... well, it's a summer scent. A really citrusy summer scent. As is so often the case, this fragrance has a rather low sillage, although it's not quite as bad here as with most other citrusy summer fragrances, which yes, sometimes seem to disappear after 15 minutes. So it's okay, especially just for a summer scent. The durability is also quite okay, he holds out so four or five hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is a cylindrical and clear container with a silver colored lid. The label looks a bit cluttered with lots of information, but is okay and reminds a tiny bit of the label of Maison Margiela's Replica fragrances. Is all not soo special, but still nice.

Conclusion:
Okay, Bergamote 22 is one of those fragrances that fits well in the summer. However, such fragrances are a dime a dozen and you'd have to try a lot of them to find your "THE summer scent". Well, let's be honest, you are all perfumas and parfumos here, for you there is not THE summer scent, but rather THE summer scents, so several, because you can never have enough of something, right? Boah one could surely torture you well with it, if one would ask you to give away all your bottles, except five favorites, which you may keep,... well, let's say 10, which you may keep, I'm not an inhuman, mu ha ha :D

Soo,... whether you can count this fragrance here to the great summer fragrances, well, that everyone must decide for themselves. For me, there are more beautiful fragrances, but he is after all times worth trying, because he smells through the somewhat strict-bitter fragrance notes also times something different.

But much you should now still not expect, he is now once more intended for refreshment, he is at best a leisure or office fragrance on hot days, and nothing you could use for going out, at least in my opinion.

Well... that's about it for the scent. Until summer I have certainly tried so some summery fragrances, let's see what I still discover so everything (... what the poor cat must endure until then so everything... :D). Take care and see you :)

Expensive
As much as I love the opening scent of this parfum, the longivitiy and projection is far from the price tag seem to represent.

Love the opening bergamote, fresh and crisp, but still find it hard to pay around €250...
Fresh & Clean
This fragrance smells just super fresh citrus. You feel directly like on a beautiful spring or summer day as soon as you apply this perfume. I immediately fell in love with this great minimalist design of the bottle.
Will definitely put on as soon as it gets warmer again!

Nice nice bergamot
Este perfume tiene una de las mejores salidas cítricas que he olido.
Se nota una bergamota de calidad, con el paso del tiempo aparecen las maderas y la
Vainilla dándole un toque algo cremoso al conjunto.
Me ha gustado mucho.
Perfume unisex y para primavera y verano.
FabianO
Like a well-cut white T-shirt...
Yes, it's amazing how long this summer beauty has passed me by.
Amidst the many rather mediocre, unnatural summer scents, "Bergamote 22", already 14 years old, is a true, clean, floating beauty.

Bergamot is really the creamy, delicate centre, softened by orange blossom and a micro-bud of vanilla at the back. Somehow a simple, but high quality and simply well cut white T-shirt comes to my mind as an association and clothing counterpart. There are so many motives (which I tend to do myself), but in the end a clear, redundant T-shirt that drifts into a slim-fit doesn't distract from the wearer so much
And that's how I detect that Le Labo smell. Airy, clear, citric, not carrying too much olfactory ballast, but without being banal.
Good shelf life and simply an adorably creamy bergamot for the summer.
The Fine One
I don't know what happened to the other perfumers in Corona times. I myself saw myself banished to the home office at the beginning of March. And thus a bit far into an isolation not chosen by myself, which was then further aggravated by the lockdown. No more sniffing scents while shopping, no more samples to be tested. No news that was presented to you, somehow suddenly everything was different. Somehow I lost the desire to be active online. The situation was too strange, too odd and strange.

After a few weeks boredom set in and yes, I admit it, a certain withdrawal - from new things, from visual stimuli, simply from strolling through shops. So what could be more obvious than a blind purchase? Well, I didn't just hit the bull's eye with such stories, so a certain risk is permanently and latently present here, but hey, no risk no fun. And in times of Corona, a matching scent might even become a real mood enhancer. So all concerns put aside and ordered Bergamote. My first Le Labo, by the way, a true niche brand, which is still very, very rare. The probability of running into a wearer of such a fragrance is extremely low, which alone makes the brand really interesting.

Le Labo. A sturdy box, a bottle. The unboxing is relatively unspectacular, just like the bottle itself. The highlight is most likely the cap that fits snugly in the hand. The sticker in the pharmacy style of yesteryear, well, a question of taste.

In the end, the truth lies in the content, it must fit, then the rest is irrelevant to me. Activate sprayer and wait. There are scents, I sniff on my wrist and then again after an hour. And there are scents I can't stop sniffing. These are the ones that are highly appreciated by me. And bergamote belongs exactly to this genre. Again and again and again I bring my wrist to my nose and vice versa. This happens to me very rarely. The last time it happened to me was with Reckless von Roja. Such reflexes then trigger an absolute and direct buying stimulus or, as in the case at hand, confirmation and enthusiasm about the transaction already made.
And I was anything but sure that this Le Labo really has what it takes to get me on his side. After all, with Bergamotto di Calabria from Acqua di Parma, I already have a representative of this fragrance in my home, also very popular.

But when the Acqua di Parma competitor comes around the corner, male and immediately present, Bergamote from Le Labo is completely different. My first thought was: Wow. A true gentleman. One who still keeps the ladies' car doors open today. A gentleman who sometimes brings flowers home without any reason. One who likes to be invited to dinner. Not a riot, not a loudspeaker, but a super elegant, finely crafted fragrance. I want to smell like this Le Labo, exactly the same, noble, elegant, unobtrusive. The bergamot goes from start to finish, and as it goes on I smell some wood and slight hints of vetiver. But only light, and that's what makes this fragrance so fantastic, no note literally kills the other, but interweaves with the components to a perfect harmony. Towards the end, Bergamote weakens further and wanders into a very soft and slightly creamy corner, which, however, is not disturbing due to the diminishing perception.

Is there anything to complain about in view of such a revelation of scent? Well, to my chagrin, the sillage is only at an average level, which I find disappointing in terms of the price point. Overall, the shelf life is clearly above that, but here too - after all, we are talking about an eau de parfum! - still has some room for improvement, even if it is a light and summery representative. On my skin it is over after 60-90 minutes with any sillage, durability in the range of 4-5 hours. Will soon increase the dosage to see how much it takes to leave a lasting effect.

In this respect there is light and shadow, whereby light (= the scent per se) simply gains the upper hand. I see Bergamote in the unisex corner, undoubtedly also ladies, but generally people who do not want to make an impression by hook or crook but want to be pleasantly remembered. Quite in the gentleman style just ...
The taste of summer ☀️
Close your eyes. Relax.
Imagine you are sitting in late summer in a garden in Italy full of trees of citrus fruits. The sun has completely filled up your vitamin D household during the day. Your skin literally smells and tastes like it. You take a deep breath and relax. The bergamot, lemons, oranges and grapefruit give you a feeling of unprecedented freshness. A perfect balance, as you would find in a perfect gin and tonic with lemon. You don't scream for more, you enjoy this feeling of well-being. You relax
A short love letter
Beloved bergamot,

we hide many things, we don't show them to anyone, out of shame, out of fear that our vulnerability could be used. Imperfection pricks like a thorn. Pressure from outside, pressure from within to conform to images, not the other way around. Everyday life is often pervaded by this madness. In the morning, after the alarm clock rings, sand in the eyes, creaking joints, moon craters in the face at night, staggering, listlessness, grumbling, stale. It's all part of life, but they don't like to show it. But that's normal and good. Your presence helps me to shift my gaze. Because with you I can be as I am. You accept without reservation You wake up next to me and lie on me like a veil, like the finest mist. I draw the curtains, sun floods the bedroom, you on my skin, in my textiles, your smell in my nose, penetrates my brain, doesn't let go of me, you won't let go of me. You dream of bergamot. You shift the autumnal softness of your family of origin into the creamy, easygoing. Fluffy and airy cream, not heavy at all, not dragging bitter. Soft, harmonious, through and through. Bergamot ice cream in summer. With slightly sweetish elements, like vanilla oranges, and delicate green, but soft, very soft, with the aim of smoothing everything out, rounding it off. If you were a picture, you would be a watercolour You love it when the sun shines; and when it does not, you take its place. At work you blow in my nose at times, reminding me of you and everything you stand for: cheerfulness, light-heartedness, warmth, lightness. Walking in the park, the spring green of nature becomes even more intense and beautiful. When we meet a friend, time suddenly flows in the most beautiful way. You please, not only me, for which I am grateful. In your poetry album I would put in as attribute triad clean/fresh/pure. You're a not too loud middle-distance runner. You don't stick, you don't clog, you fade quietly instead. At work, sometimes it makes me sad. But there's a good thing about it: I long for you again and look forward to the evening and the next morning with you.
It is a pity that you are relatively unknown. It's a pity you taste. But be that as it may, you are with me, and you are enjoying the lives of some others. That's how it should be
With love
The day after
It's curled up there.
Gently I put my hand over it. He's cool.
Yesterday he snuggled up warm against my neck I'll pick it up A very pleasant creamy fragrance clings to it, not sweet, but with a slightly green vibrating impact.
My nose is drawn to it and she breathes a few deep breaths of this delicious echo of my past undertakings.
The smell is clearly noticeable even at a distance and I hesitate, I would like to keep it for a while Then I put the scarf into the washing machine with all the other clothes and turn it on Why not repeat the experience from the very beginning?

The simple bottle with the typewriter label releases a load of juicy citrus fruits, which I find neither sweet nor particularly sour or bitter, but simply refreshing and above all natural.
Very briefly, I perceive the typical classic 4711 Eau de Cologne scent, but Le Labo's Bergamote 22 is embedded in a gentle creaminess, although this seems to me to be a somewhat inappropriate description, because cream in itself smells at best slightly chemical and only receives the "typical" cream smell through the added fragrances.
It is probably the vanilla that creates this soft, flattering, somehow homely and not at all chemical association.
At the same time the scent oscillates and seems to be there and then gone again.
I often have this perception when vetiver or even ISO-E-Super is included.
Vetiver provides here for a golden-green lightness, which Bergamote 22 radiates for me.

On my skin I can't perceive the scent very strongly, but it transfers well to clothes and sticks there for a very long time.
Of course you should not expect a monstersillage from a citric perfume and so I am also very satisfied with this fine and noble clean scent, which even days later from the dirty laundry still winks at me.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
A rather simple, yet fresh and clean floral-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by gentle and warm creamy-woody base. Unisex, sadly overhyped!
Dan81Dan81 10 months ago
Fresh bergamot with tart citruses that smell like Neroli to me but it may be grapefruit as the notes listed above. Definitely for summer
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Astringent green with a fleeting clean bergamot that is quickly taken over by petitgrain and vetiver.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
5.5
Clean Bergamot, but a bit faint in strength. Prefer Malin+Goetz Bergamot as the cleanest, purest bergamot scent.
OdysseusOdysseus 4 years ago
Reminds me of Creed's Original Vetiver, with less of the earthiness of O.V. Fresh, clean and crisp with a luxury bar soapiness vibe. V. Nice
Q8baggioQ8baggio 4 years ago
Clean bright citrus..long lasting... notes are well balanced...a must have one .

by Lacrimalus
by Leka
by Yrahd
by Yrahd

Popular Le Labo

Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Baie 19 by Le Labo Aldehyde 44 by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo