Bergamote 22 (2006) Eau de Parfum

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Daphné Bugey

Bergamot, Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Vanilla, Vetiver, Orange blossom, Cedarwood, Aspic

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 08.10.2019

5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Reference Bergamot?
One of Le labo's more popular releases, from 2006 and eau de parfum concentration, here are my thoughts on this fragrance....enjoy. ...................

7.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Minimalism through simple complexity
I don't know what other hobbies you have besides perfumes, but I know, at least from some of them, that they like to photograph like me. Bergamot is like a Leica camera to me. It does not have hundreds of functions, only a few buttons and hardly any plastic, it is not fast, it is not small, not light. It's expensive, very expensive. It is synonymous with quality, functionality and durability. With maximum use of resources, a maximum result... completely in contradiction to our time, in which everything should and must produce a maximum result with minimum effort. That's how I see Bergamote 22. From my first Leica I was shocked and in a negative sense, I was unbelievable that such an old-fashioned thing that is so cumbersome in everyday life should be worth so much money. I wasn't ready to see the fascination yet. It was exactly the same with this fragrance, when I tested it on Youtube a few years ago because of the hymns of praise, I was similarly shocked and could not understand what is so great about this simple, rather one-dimensional omaparfum... and I would like to share that with you in my commentary.

What appears at first sight, or a nose like a simple to see through 0815-smart fist, is in reality a concentrated force of perfectly coordinated, high-quality ingredients that hide in the shade behind a single main player. What you think you can see in a quick test on paper, or the back of your hand, is not even the beginning of what is happening here. You MUST have worn this fragrance for a day and a night and then let it work for days, weeks, months. What then remained in the olfactory memory only opens up real access to it at the next test. What seems simple and simple at first glance, disintegrates into a complex firework of freshness, warmth, harmony and in the drydown at the end: sensuality. I didn't notice that at my first test back then. Bergamote 22 is one of the few perfumes that can be worn at well over 30 degrees and I'd almost say it comes out right. I got a lot of compliments with him, but ignored them back then, because I found him so unspectacular myself, whereas every compliment at Molecule 01 always had a gold frame, because I was almost waiting for someone to say something. This one is at eye level with the ISO E Super Star when it comes to compliments, but somehow I wasn't aware of that at the time. Today it is one of the top 4 for me on my long and intensive journey through the world of perfume. These 4 fragrances are also the only ones in my collection because the best of the best of the best of all. With some the fascination already opens with the first smell, some need days, this one for me at least, months. He plays his aces in the Sillage and especially when he mixes with a person, maybe even a sweating person, then he comes out of himself. Forget paper strips.
7.0 8.0 8.0/10

like old friends
It almost seemed as if it had returned again, the summer.
Returned to give him a worthy framework, the test of "Bergamote 22".
After all, it should be a summer scent, a scent for sun and blue sky, for light and air and at least 20 degrees.
Not for bad weather, storm grey skies, lashing rain and leave the dog in the house.
Once again it had become warm in this golden October, once again the sky was drunken blue, the light like bright honey, that one could leave the jackets at home, rummage out the T-shirts once more and wear the scents of summer.
And "Bergamote 22".

We had never met before, "Bergamote 22" and I, I knew that for sure.
And yet she was very familiar to me from the very first moment, we met like old friends.
I knew their gentle, sweet freshness, the flowery Hesperides, the not too darkly bitter wood and a Neroli that only briefly touches the hemisphere of a cologne.
I knew her stimulating effect, her gentleness and appeasement, the smile she put on my cheeks, and the wrinkles she stroked out of my brows.
She had been familiar to me for a long time, 17 long years - "Mugler Cologne" was her name on our very first date, which since then has been followed by so many, so many.

They are siblings, those two - no twins, but close, very close relatives.
Without direct comparison, I couldn't tell them apart, not from the heart note, especially not in the drydown.
"Bergamote 22" shows more wood at the beginning, appears a little more bitter, but after half an hour at the most they are both the same in their expression, in their fine citrus fruit, the light creaminess, the light yellowish-green that lifts every mood, that awakens and simply does me good.
Like the heat, like the blue sky, like October this solar year.
And like an old, beloved, good friend.
7.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

The Best Bergamote Fragrance
For a long time I was looking for a convincing bergamot scent, when I found the "Le Labo Bergamote 22". It was my most expensive blind purchase in my perfume career so far. I have not regretted this decision until today.
I ordered the fragrance online from a nameful perfumery, and when the package arrived at my home, I couldn't wait. I was looking forward like a little child, the packaging ripped open and off I went the wild ride.

To the fragrance:
After the first sprayer I meet a juicy creamy bergamot with a slight undertone of orange and grapefruit. I didn't expect such a start at all, I was very surprised and a little speechless. After a certain time, a slightly spicy undertone with beautiful wood chords appears, but this remains in the background. The bergamot can be clearly perceived throughout.

To the bottle:
It is a classic round solid glass bottle that can also be personalised. I didn't personalize my bottle.

Sillage & Durability:
The scent is not a Sillagebombe that one must say, I do not expect also with a bergamot scent. Silage's okay, but it could be better. You are perceived with this scent, in the office I have often been asked about the scent by colleagues.
I would estimate the shelf life of this fragrance at 7 to 8 hours.

Personal conclusion:
I have already tested some bergamot scents and I really have to say that Le Labo is the best by far. Personally I wear the scent in the summer from 25 degrees, there the scent really hits. I still don't regret buying the scent. The fragrance is expensive, but you are rewarded for it. Personally I would buy the fragrance again at any time.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Beautiful citrus
For men? Really, I'm not convinced. The day I wore this, I received so many compliments. I didn't feel like this needed gender bending at all.

I usually hate dominant citrus notes in my fragrances, especially when grapefruit plays a leading role, but Bergamote 22 has proven that a perfectly refreshing citrus scent without harshness or sour accords can be achieved.

Bergamote 22 sparkles with such brightness and prettiness. In truth, the name is a little misleading as the woods are quite a feature in this fragrance.

There's a sweet aspect to this fragrance that is difficult to explain. It's a clean floral to my nose with an interesting soapy quality, especially towards the drydown. I only noticed the sweetness on the tester card, but not my skin.

On my skin, the masculinity of this fragrance appears. For the first few minutes it's a clean and crisp blend of citrus and musk, however vetiver and amber really feature after the top notes fade. This fragrance also struggled to last on me.

On others Bergamote 22 has wonderful sillage and longevity. I so wanted this fragrance to work for me, but like all citrus scents, they don't go well with my chemistry.

I have not been entirely let-down by this fragrance, in fact I'm thoroughly impressed. I highly recommend.

KingPin 7 months ago
Clean Bergamot, but a bit faint in strength. Prefer Malin+Goetz Bergamot as the cleanest, purest bergamot scent.
5.5
Odysseus 2 years ago
Reminds me of Creed's Original Vetiver, with less of the earthiness of O.V. Fresh, clean and crisp with a luxury bar soapiness vibe. V. Nice+3
5.0
9.0
Q8baggio 2 years ago
Clean bright citrus..long lasting... notes are well balanced...a must have one .+3
10.0

by R0din
by Swuuusch
by Swuuusch

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo