Gaiac 10 2008

Gaiac 10 by Le Labo
Gaiac 10 is a popular perfume by Le Labo for men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Annick Ménardo

Gaiac wood, Musk, Frankincense, Cedar absolute

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 17.02.2021.

This fragrance was exclusively created for Tokyo.

Metallic sapling
This stuff has been my holy grail fragrance for over a year now since my Seattle trip last year, and I’m happy to say that now that I have a full bottle, it doesn’t disappoint. Gaiac 10 is a beautifully sharp green fragrance. It smells like the blade of an axe after cutting down a bunch of fresh, green, baby trees. It smells like you took a mercury bath and then had buckets of mowed grass dumped on you. It smells like you grabbed a scythe and went to town on a bush. It smells like you swam under a train bridge and a train car full of cleanly sliced rainforest vines tipped over onto you. It’s metallic, it’s green, its watery, its musky, it’s ever so slightly smokey, it’s got a hint of pepper, it’s clean, and it’s amazing. I know just last week I said that Kira Kira was the cleanest fragrance I owned but that was before this arrived so I’ll have to amend that, because the first time I wore this out to a friends house I got asked if I just took a shower. I love this stuff, but try before you buy.

Subtle yet Persistent...
Incredibly attractive, clean, light airy woodsy, mellow, lightly peppered, so smooth and a little creamy. There is a laundry like effect. This fragrance is incredibly long lasting and subtle but tenacious. Gaiac 10 pairs perfectly with Vanille 44. I almost always receive compliments when wearing this fragrance and it is one of my wife's favorite pick from my collection. It's in an entirely different league than Molecule 01. I have a hard time understanding how one struggles to smell it. I find it quite potent. 10/10

Snooze-Ville
Gaiac 10 opens woodsy, with a bit of smoke wafting in the distance. As it dries, it passes through a detergent phase before it sweetens, becomes powdery & more musky. Wears close to the skin with mediocre longevity.

Although classified as a masculine, Gaiac 10 strikes me as unisex and it definitely can be worn by a gal. In fact, it may be more suited to women with its powdery & sweet character.

Overall, my experience is exactly what Sybarite says on another forum: "Wishy-washy woods, over wishy-washy incense and detergent musks." He nailed it. It's pleasant enough and not without interest, albeit a bit boring and common. At this price point ... snooze-ville.

(-_-)zzzzz

HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Subtly woody-resinous, lightly peppery combination that floats in a creamy, slightly synthetic musky cloud.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Baie 19 by Le Labo Aldehyde 44 by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo