Musc 25 (2008)

Musc 25 by Le Labo

Musc 25 is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Aldehydes, Amber, Lily-of-the-valley, Musk, Patchouli, Rose, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 23.04.2018

Manufactured exclusively for Los Angeles and only available there.

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Clean yet Dirty...
Out of everything I own, Le Labo still remains my #1 fragrance house. I find their fragrances to be unique and versatile. I really enjoy the sleek, modern, and simple personalized design of the bottle. Le Labo Musc 25 can be described as being a warm, soapy, powdery, dense/thick, clean white musk which also contains a dirty-sweet, animalic appeal. The powdery aroma can be best associated with a barbershop-esque Clubman Pinaud and unlike that of Johnson and Johnson baby powder. I would absolutely concur with henri435que's review when he correlates Musc 25 to Maurice Roucel's Musc Ravageur and Le Labo Labdanum 18. While there is an obvious parallel between these fragrances, Musc 25 has this irresistible and alluring sex appeal that is absent in the others. Most of my friends who I've shared samples with have ultimately purchased a full bottle. One appealing quality with this fragrance is that it is versatile and can be easily worn during the day or night (including after a shower or before bedtime) and throughout the year whereas I do not find Musc Ravageur or Labdanum 18 that easy to wear in the hot and humid weather. I usually apply a few extra sprays to ensure the fragrance will last an entire shift (8 hours.)
Scent 8.0/10
If i didn't knew who was the perfumer behind it, i'd swear that this was a Maurice Roucel creation with a more old-fashioned vibe. At first, Musc 25 opens with a contrast of dirty-clean muscs and a very powdery aldehyde effect. The floral accord, which i suppose has more lily of the valley than rose, makes me think of talcum powder or something powdery that my grandmother had at her dressing table. There is also something incensy, smoky too, which makes the opening of Musc 25 quite a complex scent that seems to go on different directions. After it settles down you get a woody, slightly sweet and musky amber that is what makes me think of Maurice, since it's a theme he has used on his fragrances for Helmut Lang, his creations for Frederic Malle (more in Dans te Bras and less in Musc Ravageur) and also in his Labdanum 18. I don't think this makes it less interesting, but it makes me wonder if Le Labo didn't ask Frank to use Labdanum as a starting point to creating this one. My caution is that this is not a clean, simple and creamy musk. It's a mixture of modern and old-fashioned, clean and dirty, sexiness and temperance. Not for everyone, a kind of cerebral fragrance.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Something Smells So Good!
The words I long to hear! This is hands down the only fragrance I've ever sampled where 6 unrelated individuals made the same comment to me on the street along with several other devilish smiles and intrigued sideways glances. I tried this on a hot sunny day in L.A. This starts of as the most benign fresh clean white musk. A slight powdery note, a tad of aldehydes, a bit of rose and a touch of wood. I protested initially when the S.R. said it had a little patchouli in the base...but she persisted that I would be pleasantly surprised. I am so glad I didn't listen to my little inner patchouli alarm that day. Musc 25 is so masterfully blended that the patchouli is merely a rounded facet on this gem it morphs from clean musk to warm powdery to a little sexy in about 2 hours and some how gets better and better the more body heat and sunshine is applied to it. What was so mysterious about this fragrance was that as I became less and less aware of its presence others seemed become more and more attracted to it and to me. One of my biggest regrets in perfume world is not springing for a bottle of this LA Boutique Exclusive when I was there. Now I think about it nearly everyday, wishing it was my signature scent. Plotting a secret trip to Cali for the sole purpose of acquiring "My Precious". This is probably the only Le Labo that I would invest in the full bottle without further adieu.

Hermesh 2 years ago
Bright clean musk, minimal animalistic, with a delicate powdery elegance of white flowers.+1
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 7.5

• by Taskphorce by Taskphorce
  • by Flavorite by Flavorite

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo