Oud 27 (2009) Eau de Parfum

Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo

Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Oud, Atlas cedar, Frankincense, Patchouli, Black pepper, Saffron, Gaiac wood

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 22.10.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Nice oud but too floral perhaps?
Oud 27 is super skanky at first, like pure, fresh, sharp, cat pee, coupled with really pungent oud. I like it a lot, but at the same time there is a floralcy to it that I'm not sure I jive with. I wish it was just woody and skanky, and not floral. I have seen rose mentioned on other sites (I do not see it above), and rose is definitely what I smell. It smells a little too much like an Arabian fragrance mixed with some kind of old-fashioned rose fragrance, like Tea Rose (sorry folks, I never liked Tea Rose. It smelled like dried garden weeds to me, and too mature). I would need to wear it a few more times to decide whether a full bottle is wanted or not. I think it's an amazing fragrance, even if not to my taste. Like 9/10 amazing, so try it if you are curious.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
Does Authentic Oud smell like Bandaids and Shoe Polish?
I'm a real gringo when it comes to oud. My concept derives solely from the perfumes in which it is said to figure and which I happen to have sniffed. My suspicion is that Le Labo OUD 27 is the answer to those who so often complain about oudless oud perfumes. The heavy, rubbery and almost harsh demeanor of this perfume leads me to believe that this may in fact be the real thing. Why else make a perfume which smells as this one does, if not to satisfy the yearnings for an authentic oud experience?

The naysayers have compared OUD 27 to Bandaids and shoe polish, and I do not disagree. This perfume may serve as a litmus test to true oud appreciation. I suspect that this would probably smell great blended with a powerful dose of rose, but as an unadorned presentation of oud--or so it seems--I do not find it very pleasant at all.

What I have learned through this Le Labo oud experience is that I probably need some more training before I'll be able to appreciate the real thing--assuming that this is genuine oud and not simply some overwrought and ill-conceived synthetic attempt at mimicry...

For now, I think it's safe to say that I still prefer the wimpy Westernized oud perfumes.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Skanky love
Oud is a note that is relatively new to me. As I strolled through the department store, I noticed Oud 27 and thought that it would be the perfect moment to experience oud, which is either a love it or hate it.

Oud 27 opened quite strong and edgy, however despite its rather loud entrance, I sensed that I was falling in love already.

In my words, Oud 27 smells like rich, resinous woods with a touch of spicy earthiness and fragrant smoke. It's not your typical run-of-the-mill type scent, it is very unique and sits more on the masculine side of things.

I'm a girly-girl, however I love wearing this. The scent makes me feel in control and sexy, in a bad-girl way.

This fragrance has a somewhat leathery feel, which reminds me of Bandit by Robert Piguet, however I wouldn't say that they are very alike in scent. There really isn't anything like it.

The earthiness does create an almost dirty feel, which can be off-putting for some. Oud 27 is very raw and I would say, shocking. It actually smells a little bit like sex.

I adore Le Labo's Oud 27. It is absolute perfection to my nose. The amazing lasting strength and sillage only adds to this fragrance's impressiveness.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bottle of this sitting on my dresser very soon.

Odysseus 16 months ago
I love all kinds of Oud... and even I struggled with this one. The Civet makes it too feral. Do you want to smell like a dangerous wildcat?+2
Bottle 7.0

• by AmyAmy by AmyAmy
  • by JPhx by JPhx
  • by Taskphorce by Taskphorce

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo