Santal 33 2011 Eau de Parfum

Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo
Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with S4ND4LW00D

Australian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood PapyrusPapyrus CedarwoodCedarwood CardamomCardamom IrisIris VioletViolet AmbroxAmbrox LeatherLeather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.05.2022.

Razvanyke
One of the best on the market
I have been testing niche perfumes since over one year, mainly through samples and then if any specific perfume was too good, a bottle would follow.

This happened with Santal 33, after testing it via a sample from a sharing, I knew this is bottle worthy and got one from a shop in Germany.

The smell of this beautiful Sandalwood scent is very natural and it transposes me to a timber processing plant where they have freshly cut wood, which gives me a natural calming effect. Maybe not many people have the chance to experience visiting a wood processing plant but I had.

To the overall experience, you will also feel papyrus, iris, cardamom and ambroxan of course .. and they will stay with you for a while, minimum 6 hours .. but very close to you, not projecting much.

Le Labo also has a refill program which I think it´s the right way ahead for the beauty industry, too many used bottles remain unused or thrown away who knows where.

Maybe there are cheapear alternatives with nice sandalwood notes out there, but for me Santal 33 is a clear winner which is here to stay, thank you Le Labo.

Fredericoo
"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of" ... and Dill joins the party
NYC February 2020.
Before the world was forced to stand still and everything fundamentally changed, my wife and I visited arguably the most beautiful city in the world.
The hotel lobby of a good hotel smells here now once strongly of sandalwood/leather. For us, this is something very fine. One gets a pleasant feeling. Either smells luxury so, or after Oud/Rose as it is the case in the UAE.
That it is now - to say the least - difficult to enter the US is probably aware of everyone. Therefore, we mourn the city - which never sleeps - of course strongly behind.

So what do you do when you want to go back to a place but aren't allowed? That's right Go back in your mind. Us Parfumo's help here with certainty fragrances!
Santal 33 catapults you back into the concrete jungle after one spray!
You are abruptly on the streets of the Big Apple as soon as you wear this wonderful fragrance.

Durability and sillage are really good. Santal 33 stays at least a day and projects 8-9 hours decently glamorous. The fragrance is very high-end and luxurious in the process, but is most likely to suit modern young ladies.
In the beginning, the sandalwood note dominates, which remains with you throughout the stay. Leather and cedar join them. Thus, the prelude is woody. In the later course, it becomes spicier. Here you can think of pickles or dill under certain circumstances.
Me at least something reminds of it.
But? So be it! It doesn't matter at all!!! It's not like you stink after a neat jar of pickles either.

"New York, New York" or just "Santal 33, Santal 33", but it's best to have both together
AnjaTom
Santal 33 - controversial - like no other....
...and I think that's exactly what makes the fragrance for me also so exciting!
From Holy Grail - the reason for Niche - signature the Always goes bin to the stale floral water is probably all there!
What is the fragrance for me?
After spraying it on directly, it is indeed a bit harsh. Some perceive dill or cucumber, for me it smells not of food but simply spicy-green...a well perceptible leathery component joins...but fortunately never too much.

The real magic of Santal 33 lies, however, in my opinion in the DD. It is difficult to describe. He smells of inner peace, Zufruedenheit, balance.
After having arrived, more like "smell" than perfume! Exactly that makes him strong and unique!

Santal 33 is not a loud redneck! Rather the restrained but still always present fragrance.
Sandalwood and just a pleasant warmth I take, yet summer suitable!
A fragrance that you do not find right at the Anfagng good, some will never find him good, you have to understand him first...

Together with B22 is for me S33 one of, if not the best LE LABO there is! Who likes woody spicy fragrances should smell this one. For me a reference fragrance! Absolutely unisex! No longer as unique as initially, he enjoys great popularity.

Santal 33 and I have had a few breakups ourselves, but I always come back to him. He's controversial, but we've had enough of everything else. That's just what makes the niche, that it's sometimes controversial and stands out a bit and goes in a different direction!

PL is here simply outrageous, if you buy it then only with discount or just here about the Souk with a good offer.

So, test him! He is worth it....
Sync and corrections by n17t01
When I first heard about this fragrance, I was very skeptical. "A perfume that smells very leathery and reminiscent of a cowboy" were the words I remember reading.
Nonetheless, I ordered it and to this day I don't regret a single second!

As soon as you spray this on, all the notes listed unfold - some more, some less - but mainly sandalwood, violet and leather and in such a combination that even the fellow student who hates everything about me forgets the hate and looks at me with sparkling and big eyes.
The durability and also the sillage are pretty decent. 2-3 Aufsprüher hold with me at least for 1 1/2 days.

Santal 33 is thus not nut any perfume, it is much more a secret weapon.
5.5

Pickle Juice
I love pickles and eat them often, however, wearing that scent as a perfume isn’t something I’m willing to do.
I’m so happy I bought a sample and not a large bottle. I really wanted to love this perfume, but all day long I smell like a pickle—a slightly rosy/floral pickle at that. There’s a tiny bit of leather there.
Sillage is average I suppose. No one noticed me wearing the fragrance except my dog. She likes it.
I’m passing on the sample to the hubby, who’s body chemistry may be a better fit.
HeavensScent
The reason why there are niche fragrances
This fragrance is simply the best explanation why there are / must be niche fragrances. After the first spraying (6-7 x squeezed) I wondered.... "such an expensive fragrance and I smell almost nothing". But this initial disappointment turned after 15 minutes. It felt to me like this fragrance needed to warm up - come up to speed. In a drugstore - where customers decide on a purchase after the first 5 seconds - and usually return home with top note shoddy packages, this composition would have been discontinued immediately. The top note is downright shy wallflower. But then ... the sandalwood builds to a wave - so pleasant and clenched .... you can hardly get enough of it. The drydown ends ... "never."
Belongs recently in my top 10!
Balance in a bottle
For a long time, this fragrance didn't let me think straight. It was through boredom in the first Lockdown that I accidentally came across Le Labo. I've always been into minimalist, beautiful looking things. And there the brand with its appearance was made for me. For me it was clear, the next perfume you buy here. After some research, I was faced with the decision: Bergamot 22 or Santal 33? Due to the desire for summer and the anticipation of the coming warm nights, it became Le Labo's Bergamotte 22. Also a wonderful fragrance to which I will gladly write a review at a later date! Nevertheless, Santal 33 never really let me go. I even dreamt of this fragrance once (crazy, I know!).

Finally, about two weeks ago, curiosity got the better of me and I ordered the perfume blind. With a huge sense of anticipation, I unwrapped the package two days later and took the bottle out of the beautiful box. One spray on the left side of the neck, one on the right. The first association on my part was strolling through a boutique or a classy furniture store, because it just smelled so clean like leather. A little later, I picked up an herbaceous green note. I couldn't really make out the sandalwood though. Maybe I just have a wrong idea of how sandalwood should smell. All in all, the fragrance seems very balanced to me. Fits so wonderfully to me :)

Irritated I am, however, by durability and sillage. While others write here of several hours of endurance and powerful sillage, I can rather report a maximum of five hours and mediocre projection. Here's my question: how many sprays do you use? Also in view of the fact that your environment should perceive the scent.
High expectation, bitter disappointment
Legendary... the scent of New York, the Holy Grail, a perpetual walker, perfumery art of all the first guard, compliments beast and everybodys darling.

I wanted to be a part of it all too, so my anticipation hadn't been this high for a long time to finally hold a fragrance under my nose.
Also the fact that one gets this fragrance just not on every street corner and only with difficulty his fingers to a filling did his remaining this perfume to mystify.
I got him but finally by fragrance mail of a nice Parfumos 3 days after order to eschickt, could hardly sleep during this time and read every evening to fall asleep diligently olfactory miracle stories.
Just by reading quite a few comments, this has unfortunately formed an expectation in my head, which could actually only be disappointed.

But now to the fragrance:
Freshly showered unpacked and zack, zack full of expectation and anticipation a splash right and left on the wrist and BUMM...my absolute first thought...
Did my girlfriend leave the pickles from the night before?

The beginning starts out for me as a waft of everything listed in the fragrance pyramid all at once. There pecks a little smooth leather through, here the violet leaf, there lets sandalwood hear from itself.
Only unfortunately in a, in its entirety - for me personally - such overloaded manner that I no longer really know what I actually smell. Overall, a large fragrance mush strikes one, which, I do not know why and how I come to it, one to one like vinegar / dill pickles smells. This impression unfortunately doesn't dissipate on my skin as it goes on and remains dominant until the end. The beautiful delicate notes, which flash at the beginning perhaps briefly and let me hope increasingly faded and back remained and remains just that uniform mush.
Now namely, 6 hours later unfortunately still the same. The fragrance makes for me no great development through..takes me just not in a amdere fabulous world and always smells the same. To stay with the metaphor: The story begins to bore me and to annoy.

In its defense and honorable mention, however, this fragrance cannot be denied decent longevity and sillage in my opinion. He is present. Just unfortunately not as I had dreamed of.
So it is now times with old legends, stories and wisdom, interpret must you each for himself.

I go on the search for my personal holy grail and begrudge it from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has found the same in this fragrance
as Moscow Mule disguised wintery private cuddle sandal
After reading a rousing commentary on this fragrance here, my curiosity was captured. All the more so because you can't even test it in a perfumery around the corner... ...and the price did make me respect the blind purchase. And as it is, once the olfactory fantasy is activated - he wouldn't let go of me, and I kept reading here to see if there were new descriptions, or even enchantments to be found... (interestingly enough, the cucumber aspect, which some of you are talking about here, completely slipped my mind)
So my heartfelt thanks go first of all to the dear Parfumo, who sent me a bottling and who sent me on a fragrance journey for this colder weekend in difficult times.

So here is my first impression: in the evening spraying very sparingly, not yet a far-reaching cloud, just a little bit for me to sniff in between.
Beginning: surprisingly fresh, quite tart spice - phew? Shouldn't Sandel be cuddly cuddly? My association is Moscow Mule without ginger and limes, but with wood instead.
Okay. I recall my fondness for warm woody skin and molecular scents... may yet become...
It does Course of events: again and again I sniff after. The cool freshness gives way, the tart herb is joined by a gentle sweetness, the scent becomes increasingly cuddly. Iris and violet are added, very discreetly, without it becoming flowery.
Later: warm, cuddly, tender-sweet, makes me feel nostalgic, some trace of memory of a homely and calming moment of life is activated, the scent becomes more skin-tight and more personal The next morning: the perfect "just out of bed", still there, but completely one with the wearer.

Oh, how nice!
At the same time tested on men, because the fragrance initially seemed rather masculine to me (also because of the feedback of a very pleasant scent) - but overall I would classify it as a harshly starting unisex fragrance
AND: with this one, the soapy accent that often occurs with sandal scents is completely absent.

I guess I'm thrilled.
Turbobean
A signature scent for all occasions
Since I like to miss trends, I have only just discovered Santal 33.

That's what you get when you just rely on your own nose and give influencers a wide berth. Otherwise I would have long since realized that this fragrance has an exclusive fan base.

Seisdrum. Santal 33 convinced me right away. I love sandalwood and I perceive it clearly here. Especially in the top note
The ensuing cocktail of aromas is so diverse that individual odours are difficult to identify. I don't even know if the pleasant sweetness is fig or if a sweet fig aroma of wood and synthetics results.

In any case, I perceive dry wood, dill, honeydew melon, fig, iso-E super and also a fine ambroxan freshness.

The fragrance is round, pleasant and absolutely convincing. It is a very attractive and appealing blend, which I can imagine mainly on a man. Very attractive, but not ingratiating and not pushy either.

The field of application of the fragrance is manifold. I hardly know any other fragrance that can be used so universally. From the office to leisure time to the evening rendezvous. From spring to autumn, maybe even to winter.

A perfect signature scent when you are looking for the one for all occasions.

YasSharovYasSharov 1 month ago
If this fragrance was a man, it would've been a characterless one. It has nothing that catches attention, very simplistic but still nice.
Martah22Martah22 1 month ago
I got the dill scent to it. I actually liked the top notes just fine but the more it sat on me the more I wanted to be done with it
RisingChaosRisingChaos 2 months ago
5.5
Opens like a tree stump soaked in vinegar: sour earthy woods. Drydown reveals a more pleasant iris, fresh spices, light leather, sweetness.
OmardoOmardo 10 months ago
One of the best sandal ever. not too creamy, but soft and warm like anything else. love at first sniff
ElectratidesElectratides 11 months ago
aggressive scent that smells like pickle juice. no thanks.
GreMuserGreMuser 2 years ago
The opening it's absolutely one of the worst and aggressive that I've ever smelled, the dry down improves a little bit but still not for me.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Sandalwood and mothballs, the comforting scent of old furniture from the hippie thrift shop.
KimJongKimJong 3 years ago
Scent of an old Buddhist temple. Deep, meditative and calm.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
First smells like a newly produced calf skin portfolio, then sandalwood, spice, laurel, cedar and violet. More interesting than nice.
HermeshHermesh 7 years ago
Multifaceted wood fragrance: slightly powdery sandalwood with woodsy spicy papyrus and cedar, framed by fine leather.

Das Papierblumenmädchen
by Razvanyke
by Parfusaar
by Parfusaar

Popular by Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie 19 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo