Santal 33 2011 Eau de Parfum

Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo
Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with S4ND4LW00D

IrisIris
VioletViolet
AmbroxAmbrox
LeatherLeather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.08.2021.

AnjaTom
Santal 33 - controversial - like no other....
...and I think that's exactly what makes the fragrance for me also so exciting!
From Holy Grail - the reason for Niche - signature the Always goes bin to the stale floral water is probably all there!
What is the fragrance for me?
After spraying it on directly, it is indeed a bit harsh. Some perceive dill or cucumber, for me it smells not of food but simply spicy-green...a well perceptible leathery component joins...but fortunately never too much.

The real magic of Santal 33 lies, however, in my opinion in the DD. It is difficult to describe. He smells of inner peace, Zufruedenheit, balance.
After having arrived, more like "smell" than perfume! Exactly that makes him strong and unique!

Santal 33 is not a loud redneck! Rather the restrained but still always present fragrance.
Sandalwood and just a pleasant warmth I take, yet summer suitable!
A fragrance that you do not find right at the Anfagng good, some will never find him good, you have to understand him first...

Together with B22 is for me S33 one of, if not the best LE LABO there is! Who likes woody spicy fragrances should smell this one. For me a reference fragrance! Absolutely unisex! No longer as unique as initially, he enjoys great popularity.

Santal 33 and I have had a few breakups ourselves, but I always come back to him. He's controversial, but we've had enough of everything else. That's just what makes the niche, that it's sometimes controversial and stands out a bit and goes in a different direction!

PL is here simply outrageous, if you buy it then only with discount or just here about the Souk with a good offer.

So, test him! He is worth it....
Sync and corrections by n17t01
When I first heard about this fragrance, I was very skeptical. "A perfume that smells very leathery and reminiscent of a cowboy" were the words I remember reading.
Nonetheless, I ordered it and to this day I don't regret a single second!

As soon as you spray this on, all the notes listed unfold - some more, some less - but mainly sandalwood, violet and leather and in such a combination that even the fellow student who hates everything about me forgets the hate and looks at me with sparkling and big eyes.
The durability and also the sillage are pretty decent. 2-3 Aufsprüher hold with me at least for 1 1/2 days.

Santal 33 is thus not nut any perfume, it is much more a secret weapon.
5.5

Pickle Juice
I love pickles and eat them often, however, wearing that scent as a perfume isn’t something I’m willing to do.
I’m so happy I bought a sample and not a large bottle. I really wanted to love this perfume, but all day long I smell like a pickle—a slightly rosy/floral pickle at that. There’s a tiny bit of leather there.
Sillage is average I suppose. No one noticed me wearing the fragrance except my dog. She likes it.
I’m passing on the sample to the hubby, who’s body chemistry may be a better fit.
HeavensScent
The reason why there are niche fragrances
This fragrance is simply the best explanation why there are / must be niche fragrances. After the first spraying (6-7 x squeezed) I wondered.... "such an expensive fragrance and I smell almost nothing". But this initial disappointment turned after 15 minutes. It felt to me like this fragrance needed to warm up - come up to speed. In a drugstore - where customers decide on a purchase after the first 5 seconds - and usually return home with top note shoddy packages, this composition would have been discontinued immediately. The top note is downright shy wallflower. But then ... the sandalwood builds to a wave - so pleasant and clenched .... you can hardly get enough of it. The drydown ends ... "never."
Belongs recently in my top 10!
Balance in a bottle
For a long time, this fragrance didn't let me think straight. It was through boredom in the first Lockdown that I accidentally came across Le Labo. I've always been into minimalist, beautiful looking things. And there the brand with its appearance was made for me. For me it was clear, the next perfume you buy here. After some research, I was faced with the decision: Bergamot 22 or Santal 33? Due to the desire for summer and the anticipation of the coming warm nights, it became Le Labo's Bergamotte 22. Also a wonderful fragrance to which I will gladly write a review at a later date! Nevertheless, Santal 33 never really let me go. I even dreamt of this fragrance once (crazy, I know!).

Finally, about two weeks ago, curiosity got the better of me and I ordered the perfume blind. With a huge sense of anticipation, I unwrapped the package two days later and took the bottle out of the beautiful box. One spray on the left side of the neck, one on the right. The first association on my part was strolling through a boutique or a classy furniture store, because it just smelled so clean like leather. A little later, I picked up an herbaceous green note. I couldn't really make out the sandalwood though. Maybe I just have a wrong idea of how sandalwood should smell. All in all, the fragrance seems very balanced to me. Fits so wonderfully to me :)

Irritated I am, however, by durability and sillage. While others write here of several hours of endurance and powerful sillage, I can rather report a maximum of five hours and mediocre projection. Here's my question: how many sprays do you use? Also in view of the fact that your environment should perceive the scent.
High expectation, bitter disappointment
Legendary... the scent of New York, the Holy Grail, a perpetual walker, perfumery art of all the first guard, compliments beast and everybodys darling.

I wanted to be a part of it all too, so my anticipation hadn't been this high for a long time to finally hold a fragrance under my nose.
Also the fact that one gets this fragrance just not on every street corner and only with difficulty his fingers to a filling did his remaining this perfume to mystify.
I got him but finally by fragrance mail of a nice Parfumos 3 days after order to eschickt, could hardly sleep during this time and read every evening to fall asleep diligently olfactory miracle stories.
Just by reading quite a few comments, this has unfortunately formed an expectation in my head, which could actually only be disappointed.

But now to the fragrance:
Freshly showered unpacked and zack, zack full of expectation and anticipation a splash right and left on the wrist and BUMM...my absolute first thought...
Did my girlfriend leave the pickles from the night before?

The beginning starts out for me as a waft of everything listed in the fragrance pyramid all at once. There pecks a little smooth leather through, here the violet leaf, there lets sandalwood hear from itself.
Only unfortunately in a, in its entirety - for me personally - such overloaded manner that I no longer really know what I actually smell. Overall, a large fragrance mush strikes one, which, I do not know why and how I come to it, one to one like vinegar / dill pickles smells. This impression unfortunately doesn't dissipate on my skin as it goes on and remains dominant until the end. The beautiful delicate notes, which flash at the beginning perhaps briefly and let me hope increasingly faded and back remained and remains just that uniform mush.
Now namely, 6 hours later unfortunately still the same. The fragrance makes for me no great development through..takes me just not in a amdere fabulous world and always smells the same. To stay with the metaphor: The story begins to bore me and to annoy.

In its defense and honorable mention, however, this fragrance cannot be denied decent longevity and sillage in my opinion. He is present. Just unfortunately not as I had dreamed of.
So it is now times with old legends, stories and wisdom, interpret must you each for himself.

I go on the search for my personal holy grail and begrudge it from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has found the same in this fragrance
as Moscow Mule disguised wintery private cuddle sandal
After reading a rousing commentary on this fragrance here, my curiosity was captured. All the more so because you can't even test it in a perfumery around the corner... ...and the price did make me respect the blind purchase. And as it is, once the olfactory fantasy is activated - he wouldn't let go of me, and I kept reading here to see if there were new descriptions, or even enchantments to be found... (interestingly enough, the cucumber aspect, which some of you are talking about here, completely slipped my mind)
So my heartfelt thanks go first of all to the dear Parfumo, who sent me a bottling and who sent me on a fragrance journey for this colder weekend in difficult times.

So here is my first impression: in the evening spraying very sparingly, not yet a far-reaching cloud, just a little bit for me to sniff in between.
Beginning: surprisingly fresh, quite tart spice - phew? Shouldn't Sandel be cuddly cuddly? My association is Moscow Mule without ginger and limes, but with wood instead.
Okay. I recall my fondness for warm woody skin and molecular scents... may yet become...
It does Course of events: again and again I sniff after. The cool freshness gives way, the tart herb is joined by a gentle sweetness, the scent becomes increasingly cuddly. Iris and violet are added, very discreetly, without it becoming flowery.
Later: warm, cuddly, tender-sweet, makes me feel nostalgic, some trace of memory of a homely and calming moment of life is activated, the scent becomes more skin-tight and more personal The next morning: the perfect "just out of bed", still there, but completely one with the wearer.

Oh, how nice!
At the same time tested on men, because the fragrance initially seemed rather masculine to me (also because of the feedback of a very pleasant scent) - but overall I would classify it as a harshly starting unisex fragrance
AND: with this one, the soapy accent that often occurs with sandal scents is completely absent.

I guess I'm thrilled.
Turbobean
A signature scent for all occasions
Since I like to miss trends, I have only just discovered Santal 33.

That's what you get when you just rely on your own nose and give influencers a wide berth. Otherwise I would have long since realized that this fragrance has an exclusive fan base.

Seisdrum. Santal 33 convinced me right away. I love sandalwood and I perceive it clearly here. Especially in the top note
The ensuing cocktail of aromas is so diverse that individual odours are difficult to identify. I don't even know if the pleasant sweetness is fig or if a sweet fig aroma of wood and synthetics results.

In any case, I perceive dry wood, dill, honeydew melon, fig, iso-E super and also a fine ambroxan freshness.

The fragrance is round, pleasant and absolutely convincing. It is a very attractive and appealing blend, which I can imagine mainly on a man. Very attractive, but not ingratiating and not pushy either.

The field of application of the fragrance is manifold. I hardly know any other fragrance that can be used so universally. From the office to leisure time to the evening rendezvous. From spring to autumn, maybe even to winter.

A perfect signature scent when you are looking for the one for all occasions.

My Birthday Scent
A dear friend got it for me as a present with a birthday message. The year was 2017, and I was probably the only person not to have heard of Le Labo. It smelled amazing on me - not too sweet, not too spicy, not too woodsy, not too green, not too "anything," but a little bit of everything and somehow just glorious. While wearing it, I felt feminine, powerful, and mysterious all at the same time. When I told those who asked what I was wearing, they would often nod in recognition but add that it worked especially well for me. I should confess that most perfumes turn sweet on me, which is why I gravitate away from perfumes that smell sweet straight out of the bottle. The same thing happened here; my body chemistry elicited the sweet notes from Santal 33 that are otherwise not detectible from the bottle. I began storing the bottle in my fridge because I had read somewhere that cold temperature makes the perfumes last years longer. Every morning before leaving for work, I would grab the bottle from the condiment compartment of the fridge and spritz twice on my neck. One such morning, my less-than-a-month old bottle slipped off my fingers. The shards went everywhere as did the liquid. I have yet to recover from the tragic waste that was Santal-33 all over my kitchen floor. One day we will reunite.
Palonera
L'île des fleurs et des rochers roses - or: Dialogue with nose
"Fig!" says my nose and raises irritated the neighboring brows. "Didn't you say something about sandalwood?"
"Actually, yes," I think and critically eye the sprayer.
It says "Santal 33" on it.
It comes from Le Labo like all the other sprayers we've dealt with before, nose, skin and me.
Usually it's what's written on it, at least about.
This time however: "Fig - still. The wood, the leaf, the milk. But no pulp, no sweet juice. And sea air - can it be? Just like that time on the Bréhat Island, remember?"

Yes, I remember it - rough, salty sea air, rugged cliffs, the wind blowing my hair into my face, pulling my clothes, desert and wild.
It seems so peaceful, the island, down in the south, with its thousands of bees and flowers around Saint Michel, the old chapel, with its almost kitschy green meadows, where a cow gave birth to her calf right in front of our eyes.
And the fig trees, the innumerable fig trees with their woody, tart green, which is bitter in its fragrance and yet the juice contracts in the mouth.

"Stop dreaming!" tears my nose out of memories. "Are you wearing the old leather jacket again? "The brown suede one whose sleeves once went in the Indian sauce?"
No, I didn't - but I know exactly what my nose means.
Leather is there, velvety wild leather, a bit stained apparently by spicy dark juice, who knows where from.
And smoke, a little bit woody, a little bit resinous, holy not so much - a little bit but yet, far back, imagined perhaps only.
"Did you say wood?" asks nose, suddenly with light eyes.
Yes, wood is there, for sure - dark, soft, polished wood.
"Sandalwood?!"
"If I wouldn't say so - it's not that soft, balsamic or not at all, much too dark in addition. Cedar...? Yes, but - a bit of pencil would get there, only without a lead," I think, my nose close to my wrist, breathing slowly and gently, "and powder - mauve-coloured smooth powder, very little, very fine. What do you say, nose? Am I right?"
"Did you," let me nod my nose, "and brine is there, sometimes peeking around the corner, playing hide-and-seek. And something from your kitchen that you put in the orient dishes, something with K."
"Cubeb pepper?"
"I don't know - could be. Maybe cardamom or coriander. Ask the tongue, it knows better than that."
But the tongue stays out and remains silent.

"Were you in the sauna?" my nose asks me a few hours later. "You smell like wellness, like essential oils, like camphor, eucalyptus - somehow healthy!"
She's right, I think, and I breathe deeper.
Cool and warm at the same time is what now rises from my skin, surrounds me like an aura, light and dark, leafy woody, smoky and at the same time ether-fresh, grated grain of spices next to a sea of green rocks.
Every day a little different, sometimes green, sometimes brown, always powerfully accompanied by a dull, rich grey.
A little bitter, bitter and brittle - not really tangible and of deep fascination.
Like L'île des fleurs et des rochers roses.
PS: Ergoproxy - thank you!

OmardoOmardo 2 months ago
One of the best sandal ever. not too creamy, but soft and warm like anything else. love at first sniff
ElectratidesElectratides 3 months ago
aggressive scent that smells like pickle juice. no thanks.
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
The opening it's absolutely one of the worst and aggressive that I've ever smelled, the dry down improves a little bit but still not for me.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Sandalwood and mothballs, the comforting scent of old furniture from the hippie thrift shop.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Scent of an old Buddhist temple. Deep, meditative and calm.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
First smells like a newly produced calf skin portfolio, then sandalwood, spice, laurel, cedar and violet. More interesting than nice.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Multifaceted wood fragrance: slightly powdery sandalwood with woodsy spicy papyrus and cedar, framed by fine leather.

Das Papierblumenmädchen
by Parfusaar
The best
by Razvanyke

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Baie 19 by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Aldehyde 44 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo