Tabac 28 (2019)

Tabac 28 by Le Labo

Tabac 28 is a new perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Tobacco absolute, Oud, Cedarwood, Gaiac wood, Rum, Green cardamom

Submitted by Viola8, last update on 20.09.2019

The scent is exclusively available in Miami.

10.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Taskphorce
An Ode to The Magic City...

Tabac 28:

Being a former connoisseur of fine cigars, I was immediately reminded of freshly rolled Cigar Tobacco (entering a walk-in humidor) but I’m getting tons of Cedarwood similar to the Cedarwood in The Noir 29 (definitely a hint of that scent, a slight resemblance), soft boozy accord (the inside of a booze soaked oak barrel), a slight sourness with a minty-camphor-spicy-slight smokey-sweet effect. There is a lot of green cardamom and that is totally attractive to my nose. I keep coming back to it...

The scent seems: Dark, earthy, coniferous green, with a piercing, spicy, crisp-freshness with very prominent Cedarwood that reminds me of some my Young Living 100% pure Cedarwood essential oil that I use for diffusing. There are aromatic qualities that I find therapeutic and relaxing here. A mild but recognizable incorporation of rum and tobacco. Enough to round off or wrap up the scent with soft sweetness in the base. *Sort of* like a safer Slumberhouse scent if that makes sense. If you love cardamom and/or cedarwood it would be hard to dislike this. Neither the tobacco or the rum is as pronounced as I had expected but nonetheless, I approve. I will likely order Tabac 28 (my 19th Le Labo) and enjoy it in cooler summer days & definitely in the fall/winter. I have not made up my mind entirely but keep coming back to this scent. I’m optimistically intrigued!
I would consider this a long lasting, persistent yet soft projecting scent (with 2-3 sprays from a sample.) I imagine the performance would improve with full sprays from a Le Labo bottle.
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Miami Little Havana
I'm glad Le Labo came out with a tobacco fragrance and I like that they based it off of Miami. The scent delivers you to a cigar shop with dried tobacco leaves. Wonderful aroma. The tobacco is accompanied by cedar and rum with a bit of spice. The cedar is a perfect replica of a humidor or cigar box. All of these notes blended together to make for a very inviting scent. Above average sillage and longevity. Definitely, a must try for tobacco lovers.

SmellGoodGuy 7 months ago
There’s definitely some similarities between this and Red Tobacco by Mancera. I really need to put the both side by side to compare. TBC
6.0

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo