Tonka 25 (2018)

Tonka 25 by Le Labo
Tonka 25 (Le Labo)

Tonka 25 is a new perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Daphné Bugey

Orange blossom absolute, Atlas cedar, Styrax, Vanilla, Tonka bean absolute, Musk

Submitted by WiB, last update on 23.10.2018

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Tonka 25: Floral, Fresh, Clean, Cozy, Dusty, Comforting and Versatile.
I was already aware that this wouldn’t be a typical gourmand style Tonka and I am here to confirm that this is rue. When I first learned that Le Labo created a fragrance named Tonka 25, some fragrances immediately came to mind: Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain, Mugler Pure Tonka, Hermes Vetiver Tonka to name a few. This is nothing alike the aforementioned fragrances. I bought this fragrance blindly based on my obsession for this house (bottle #18) along with several reviews and opinions provided by some of the most trusted noses in the community. I've worn this 4x in the last week and wanted some real insight before posting a review. On initial spray, I’m detecting a clean-crispy white floral (orange blossom) with a mild citrusy hue and I am immediately reminded of the orange blossom in Neroli 36 and Fleur d' Oranger 25. This is fascinating to me for two reasons. One being that I have rarely found orange blossom to be an attractive floral when it is a prominent/dominant note in a fragrance and secondly, I have never liked Neroli 36 or Fleur d' Oranger 25. Within two to three minutes, the scent develops from a citrusy floral to a powdery, soft, smooth, clean musk and the transformation is impressive. As the scent continues to evolve, the vanilla +cedarwood+musk+tonka juxtaposition emerge creating an irresistible and subtle, dusty, nutty-like, quality. I cannot keep my nose off of my wrists at this point. Full disclosure: I have caught myself moving around to catch wafts of the fragrance throughout the day.... : ) ...... The fragrance is soft but tenacious and very comfortable to wear. The scent is long lasting. It is incredibly appealing in my opinion and I have received an unusual amount of compliments from family, friends, coworkers, and one stranger (today.) I've read some make a correlation between Tonka 25 and other scents in the Le Labo library and I can sort of relate: Vanilla 44 (dusty, musky, woody, dry), Another 13 (clean, crisp, musk), Neroli 36 (clean, bright, citrusy-florals.) All in all, Tonka 25 is a real pleasure to wear and I consider it to be a versatile scent that I can see myself wearing on a regular basis throughout the year.

• by Taskphorce by Taskphorce

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo