Tonka 25 (2018)Eau de Parfum

Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo

Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Daphné Bugey

Orange blossom absolute, Atlas cedar, Styrax, Vanilla, Tonka bean absolute, Musk

Submitted by WiB, last update on 27.02.2020.

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

First sunbeams!
Yes, it is linear and yes, there may be nothing nasally special about it. But for me "Tonka 25" is especially beautiful. And it forms a beautiful counterpart to my "Botany Bay", whose simple arrangement as a light and spicy freshness is especially effective in spring and autumn.
With "Tonka 25" in its name, Le Labo refers to a tonka bean that is filled in the inventory. As is often the case with this brand, I may have trouble guessing one part of the name giver, often other ingredients are predominant. Here it is clearly for me the cedar as a fine spirit, determining and woody-fresh, the 24 remaining correlates line up behind.

The art of this composition is mine in the interplay of a quiet orange blossom with a hesitant sweetness - interwoven in the light cedar. The orange blossom is gentle, far less smart than, for example, in "Terra Bella" by Dior. The two fragrances can therefore exist side by side. "Tonka 25" is not an orange blossom fragrance. What is nice is that this orange blossom remains subtle and never pushes itself into the foreground.

This is what the sweetness in question does. I'm thinking of a light vanilla or clay note, woody, never getting annoying. It should be remembered that this fragrance is certainly not a summer freshness, I like to wear it right now, 5 degrees and rain and maybe imagine a summer like it could be this year. My I Wish-My-Summer-Be-Gone Perfume! In addition, a few musk winds pass by again and again, light up briefly and then disappear again.

In general, "Tonka 25" is characterized by an inherent warmth, whose satisfaction is able to emit the first iridescent sunrays.
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Taskphorce
Tonka 25: Floral, Fresh, Clean, Cozy, Dusty, Comforting and Versatile.
I was already aware that this wouldn’t be a typical gourmand style Tonka and I am here to confirm that this is rue. When I first learned that Le Labo created a fragrance named Tonka 25, some fragrances immediately came to mind: Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain, Mugler Pure Tonka, Hermes Vetiver Tonka to name a few. This is nothing alike the aforementioned fragrances. I bought this fragrance blindly based on my obsession for this house (bottle #18) along with several reviews and opinions provided by some of the most trusted noses in the community. I've worn this 4x in the last week and wanted some real insight before posting a review. On initial spray, I’m detecting a clean-crispy white floral (orange blossom) with a mild citrusy hue and I am immediately reminded of the orange blossom in Neroli 36 and Fleur d' Oranger 25. This is fascinating to me for two reasons. One being that I have rarely found orange blossom to be an attractive floral when it is a prominent/dominant note in a fragrance and secondly, I have never liked Neroli 36 or Fleur d' Oranger 25. Within two to three minutes, the scent develops from a citrusy floral to a powdery, soft, smooth, clean musk and the transformation is impressive. As the scent continues to evolve, the vanilla +cedarwood+musk+tonka juxtaposition emerge creating an irresistible and subtle, dusty, nutty-like, quality. I cannot keep my nose off of my wrists at this point. Full disclosure: I have caught myself moving around to catch wafts of the fragrance throughout the day.... : ) ...... The fragrance is soft but tenacious and very comfortable to wear. The scent is long lasting. It is incredibly appealing in my opinion and I have received an unusual amount of compliments from family, friends, coworkers, and one stranger (today.) I've read some make a correlation between Tonka 25 and other scents in the Le Labo library and I can sort of relate: Vanilla 44 (dusty, musky, woody, dry), Another 13 (clean, crisp, musk), Neroli 36 (clean, bright, citrusy-florals.) All in all, Tonka 25 is a real pleasure to wear and I consider it to be a versatile scent that I can see myself wearing on a regular basis throughout the year.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo