Vetiver 46 (2006) Eau de Parfum

Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo

Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Le Labo for men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Mark Buxton

Vetiver, Frankincense, Cedar, Labdanum absolute, Amber, Bergamot, Vanilla, Black pepper, Gaiac wood, Clove

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 07.06.2019

6.0 6.0 10.0 5.0/10

Nofretete
Corridor in the dark forest
A little cedar, a little green pepper, a little incense. Vetiver? Nobody here. Later: lots of incense, a bit of Labdanum, lots of dark wood. Vetiver? I might. Even later: a lot of dark wood. Vetiver? So honestly, no.

How am I supposed to write a comment with it? It's not gonna work. When I like incense so much. I smell a lot of that. And I like vetiver as much as I do. But I smell almost nothing of that here.

Second try. Sprayed on. Again only this weak incense wood breath on the skin. It's nice, kind of. One hour after spraying I walk through a long narrow hallway with little traffic and ventilation, an hour later I come back and smell the perfume over a distance of ten meters! I left a chemtrail completely unsuspecting. Frankincense in the forest, like after a begging procession. And my sleeve still smells for days like oily heavy dark wood with resin beads, boring and oppressive. It even seems to get stronger all the time.

Is this perfume just a failure on my skin? Either way, I don't feel nuanced enough, too rigid, too lifeless - too synthetic. There are more beautiful vetiver scents. Which one that I can wear without leaving any territorial scent stamps.

(Because of the batch discussions: Manufacturer sample from Le Labo booth, Berlin department store, Sept 2018)
7.0/10

Darkest Vetiver
The most dense and dark vetiver I ever confronted with, never thought a vetiver scent could be so smoky and mysterious like this , its derived from pure vetiver oil which is called 'Khus' in Pakistan and India. I use to wear the Khus oil the dark green liquid which lasts for ages, Vetiver 46 is very much the same with the mysterious smoky woody notes of Olibanum and Labdanum and the background sweetness of Ambre. I absolutely don't get any citrus / floral trails.

If compared to Encre Noir in terms of Darkness and Mystery , the only thing may be found dark in Encre Noir would be its Black Bottle.

Gucci pour Homme I Vetiver Edition
If a hypothetical “Gucci pour Homme Vetiver” from 2003 existed, it would have smelled exactly like this. Vetiver by Le Labo is literally Gucci pour Homme I (I get this one closer than the CdG) with all its distinctive incense-cedar-pepper structure, just topped with (good) vetiver. A proper “flanker”. Surely nice overall, with also a remarkable persistence, but really too derivative for me.

6/10
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Not entirely vetiver, but close
Vetiver as a note has its ups and downs with me. Sometimes I'm intrigued by the way it smells, other times, I find it too dry and a little bitter. Vetyver 46 has managed to encompass every aspect of what I consider perfection in a fragrance.

This scent is surprisingly fresh, a little damp, but also smokey. The pepper adds to its invigorating punch, however the vetiver, cedar and guaiac woods are what keeps this fragrance rich, masculine and exotic.

The typical Le Labo incense accord is also found in Vetyver 46, however its done in such a way that you don't feel like a walking temple. There is only the subtlest hint of sweetness in this fragrance, found in the form of powder towards the drydown.

To be honest, Vetyver 46 isn't a true representation of vetiver itself, it's more of a spiced woods and incense fragrance. It tries to incorporate the qualities of vetiver, however it misses the point.

Because this fragrance isn't so dry, green and grassy, it's possibly the reason why I enjoyed this so much. Although I will agree with its masculine nature, I'll say that it is wearable for women too.

The lasting power and sillage are extraordinarily good, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Le Labo. Once again Le Labo has presented a fragrance that isn't exactly what is listed on the bottle, but have got away with it anyway.

Lexa 14 months ago
I'd dare to say Vetiver46 is one of the best Le Labo offerings.Between 46 ingredients,the vetiver rises,pleases and makes a great fragrance.+3
Q8baggio 3 years ago
Unique composition..well rounded vetiver.. dark and clean..hard to describe.
Professional man scent .+2

by Taskphorce
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Poivre 23 by Le Labo Neroli 36 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Cuir 28 by Le Labo Jasmin 17 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ambrette 9 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo