Baie 19 2019

Baie 19 by Le Labo
Baie 19 is a popular perfume by Le Labo for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-earthy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

PetrichorPetrichor
Juniper berryJuniper berry
PatchouliPatchouli
Green leavesGreen leaves
AmbroxAmbrox
Cade juniper woodCade juniper wood
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.10.2021.

interesting
I was never a fan of Le Labo, but now, slowly I start to like some of their scents. Even Santal 33 no longer smells like sour cucumber water with dill, but quite herbaceous and pleasant.

Anyway, back to Baie 19, when I first tried it, the lady from Le Labo warned me to be careful because the scent can be very weird and unpleasant. I must say that for me Baie 19 smells unusual and interesting but not bad at all. It may be that I am influenced at my current love for green I love it mostly in the cool and damp autumn days.

For me the smells:
a) like damp earth, with crushed tree leaves and grass/herb roots. It reminds me of my childhood where I often had to help in the garden. Not the most exciting thing as a child, but now as an adult this smell brings me a kind of melancholy. It's like a mixture of garden wet earth smell and forest in autumn.

I'm not a big fan of patchouli except for the patchouli here and in Bianchi's Sticky Fingers. I'm also not a big fan of the real petrichor (smell after the rain) but Baie 19 to me smells excellent.

b) Sometimes when outside is warmer, I perceive it as very dry...like rain in the city...on the concrete/cement after a very dry week.

In my opinion, this is a very interesting scent that is not liked by everyone but what is good about it is that not many would wear the scent and so you/ I can smell more unique.

*Wife Approved*
Upon Testing Baie 19 for the first time, I was immediately reminded of Diptyque Eau Mage, specifically in the discontinued EDT formulation. Baie 19 has some distinct differences however....with petrichor being an obvious difference and it lacks the rose oxide accord that is dominant in Eau Mage

Eau Mage EDT contains:
Top Notes: Green Mandarin, Rose oxide
Heart Notes: Ambrox, Caraway, Spicy notes
Base Notes: Cashmere wood, Musk, Cypress, Labdanum

Baie 19: contains:

Petrichor, Juniper berry, Patchouli, Green leaves, Ambrox, Cade juniper wood, Musk

I’ve also been wearing E.M. for years so the resemblance was apparent. 2 small sprays of Baie 19 has lasted 7 hours and is still going strong. The petrichor is quite realistic here. My reaction is that this is a clean, dewy-green, velvety-soft, musky-salty-sweet scent with a trace of darkness. Ambrox Addicts take notice! Both EM and B19 have a unique contrasting “light vs. dark” concept going on! Quite versatile, very attractive, and to be worn regularly. This scent has garnered an unusual amount of compliments. Most notably from my lovely wife, the ultimate critic and deciding factor with many of my fragrances... Finished a sample and decided it’s a must have. Bottle arrived yesterday and it’s as gorgeous as I anticipated. Le Labo still remains my #1 house and this became bottle #21 from Le Labo.
Speeding ticket
At the suggestion of a single nice perfume I visited Le Labo a few days ago and tested Baie 19. It was a little reckless. Although circled three times, at the end only one parking lot remained in second lane. Oh, oh the parking tickets go to my better half.
It seems to be unique in the niche scents, already because of Petrichor. Uh, Petrichor never heard of. Haven't really found a fragrance with these imaginative ingredients.
"The term was coined in 1964 by two Australian researchers. In the article, the authors describe how the smell is caused by an oil secreted by certain plants during dry periods, which in turn is absorbed by clay soils and rocks. During the rain, the oil, along with another compound called Geosmin, is released into the air. The connection creates the distinctive smell." (Wikipadia).

My nose feels the scent noble, woody, somewhat mossy and earthy with a hint of pine needles. He is not impressive, but "reserved" in his presentation. Fresh, earthy, wet. The juniper berry is slightly sweet and lasts forever in combination with the patchouli. The durability is with me approx. 7 hours. All in all, the Baie is now on my wish list. "Flacon price plus parking ticket price "

MoonhomeMoonhome 8 months ago
Walking through a pine forest after a light rain, sipping a gin cocktail that is just sweet enough. Both familiar and mysterious.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy

Popular Le Labo

Bergamote 22 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Thé Noir 29 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Santal 33 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Vetiver 46 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Musc 25 by Le Labo Mousse de Chêne 30 by Le Labo Tonka 25 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Lys 41 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Tabac 28 by Le Labo Patchouli 24 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Gaiac 10 by Le Labo Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo Iris 39 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo AnOther 13 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Ylang 49 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo Aldehyde 44 by Le Labo Vanille 44 by Le Labo Oud 27 (Eau de Parfum) by Le Labo