Balahé 1983 Eau de Toilette

Balahé (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Top 92 in Women's Perfume
Balahé (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Léonard for women and was released in 1983. The scent is oriental-floral. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Daniel Molière

SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver
CivetCivet

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 28.09.2021.

A Traaauuuum, a South Seas dream
To begin with, it's hard to believe the luck that accompanies me on many a hunt for vintage fragrances on ebay.

8 x 5 ml vintage bottle = Vintage Balahe 40 ml, for which one would often have to reach seeeehr tiiieeef in the pocket. What I have but so far denied me.
Believe it or not, these 8 x 5 ml flacons offered the seller for 42 €, with the option to make a price proposal.

One believes it even less, my price proposal of 35 € has accepted this seller and I can now 8 x 5 ml of the Balahe Vintage version, since one week call my own.
Uuuuand, not a single one of the eight bottles tipped. No vinegar, no Maggi or other unpleasant surprises.

The funny thing is that I actually only had a very vague memory of this dream scent. I had never owned the fragrance itself, have no memory ever consciously in a perfumery department to have sniffed, but nevertheless I have him as something very special in memory, outstanding so to speak.

Why, from where, why, I don't know.

I do not belong to the trained noses in the position the individual components of the fragrance pyramid olfactory to be able to klamüsern apart.
What I certainly perceive is the plum.
I personally perceive Balahe in its entirety neither particularly fruity, but balsamic, creamy, vanilla, sandalwood and indeed in top form. Absolutely round, soft, sensual, gentle with a delicate unsugary sweetness.

Also, I personally would not call him a classic Oriental, but rather locate in exotic realms. The typical spicy of an Oriental does not sound in my nose.
Rather gentle South Sea waves, serene, friendly and peaceful people on white powder beaches, framed by palm trees, colorful exotic flowers and soft, calypso music ala Harry Belafonte.

Haaaach Balahe, glad that vague memory was so confirmed when I opened your beautiful flacon body and wet my skin with you.
Actually, almost a shame to have to keep you in the fridge. The most unthinkable environment for such a fragrance as you. But rest assured, it's for your own good, and mine, of course. So we can have some more exhilarating moments together.

Balahe, nothing reaches like you, you are simply incomparable. Why did you have to disappear from the market? A tragedy beyond compare.
So it was...
From the beginning I was influenced by the world of fragrances.
My dad has worn Pour un Homme de Caron for at least 60 years. My mom always had several perfumes like, Youth-Dew, Mitsouko and lastly L'eau d'issey. My aunt used to wear shalimar ~ by the gallon. And my grandpa only went out Old Spice
So I decided to create my own perfume when I was about 4 or 5 years old.
With a preserving jar from grandma's pantry, I made my way to the garden.
Fir needles, grass, moss, rose petals, violets and countless other flowers were collected. I also think I picked some blueberries from the bushes. Everything was put into the glass and filled up with some water. I put it in the sun and waited ...
The disappointment was then very great.
It smelled musty, like tilted water and musty greenery. Unsustainable!

Later, in the middle of the eighties, my mom gave me this little black mini bottle. What a surprise! Just like that! My very first perfume! Balahé!
I was so proud and so in love with that scent. Fruity, sparkling dew moistened, like after a warm summer rain. Rays of sunlight that break through and merge with countless sweet flowers. Seductively warm spices hang in the air and unite with soft vanilla.
The Mini Flakönchen was emptied sparingly, always only a small drop.
Now it has not been produced for a long time, but it remains in our thoughts, memories and hearts.
That's how it was... and that's how it'll always be!
Balahé

Mad sexy
A medicinal tuberose, cumin laden, ripe fruit, sweat, and leather, yet with a light touch. There is something both complex and effortless about this underrated masterpiece. I had not thought of it as related to Shalimar until my daughter noted the similarity, which might be the medicinal/resinous note. This is a the rare oriental I can wear in warm weather. At the moment it is my go-to scent. Recommend highly.

by FrauKirsche
by Schahram
Mein Überseeschätzchen.:-)))
by Moni43

Popular Léonard

Tamango (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Fashion (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Léonard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Léonard (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Eau Fraiche de Leonard by Léonard Leonard Homme by Léonard Leonara by Léonard Eau de Balahé by Léonard Tamango (Parfum) by Léonard Leonard (2012) by Léonard Monsieur Léonard (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Miss Balahé by Léonard Fashion (Parfum) by Léonard L'Orchidée by Léonard Eau Fabuleuse by Léonard Balahé (Parfum) by Léonard Cuir Ambré by Léonard Fabuleuse de Léonard by Léonard Monsieur Léonard (After-Shave) by Léonard Léonard pour Homme (Lotion Après Rasage) by Léonard