Balahé (1983)Eau de Toilette

Balahé (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard
Bottle Design Serge Mansau

Top 89 in Women's Perfume
Balahé (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Léonard for women and was released in 1983. The scent is oriental-floral. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Daniel Molière

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Pineapple, Aniseed, Bergamot, Coriander, Mandarin, Clary sage, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Orris root, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Orchid, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Opoponax, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Civet

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 02.06.2020.

So it was...
From the beginning I was influenced by the world of fragrances.
My dad has worn Pour un Homme de Caron for at least 60 years. My mom always had several perfumes like, Youth-Dew, Mitsouko and lastly L'eau d'issey. My aunt used to wear shalimar ~ by the gallon. And my grandpa only went out Old Spice
So I decided to create my own perfume when I was about 4 or 5 years old.
With a preserving jar from grandma's pantry, I made my way to the garden.
Fir needles, grass, moss, rose petals, violets and countless other flowers were collected. I also think I picked some blueberries from the bushes. Everything was put into the glass and filled up with some water. I put it in the sun and waited ...
The disappointment was then very great.
It smelled musty, like tilted water and musty greenery. Unsustainable!

Later, in the middle of the eighties, my mom gave me this little black mini bottle. What a surprise! Just like that! My very first perfume! Balahé!
I was so proud and so in love with that scent. Fruity, sparkling dew moistened, like after a warm summer rain. Rays of sunlight that break through and merge with countless sweet flowers. Seductively warm spices hang in the air and unite with soft vanilla.
The Mini Flakönchen was emptied sparingly, always only a small drop.
Now it has not been produced for a long time, but it remains in our thoughts, memories and hearts.
That's how it was... and that's how it'll always be!
Balahé

Mad sexy
A medicinal tuberose, cumin laden, ripe fruit, sweat, and leather, yet with a light touch. There is something both complex and effortless about this underrated masterpiece. I had not thought of it as related to Shalimar until my daughter noted the similarity, which might be the medicinal/resinous note. This is a the rare oriental I can wear in warm weather. At the moment it is my go-to scent. Recommend highly.

by Pistazieneis
by Schahram
Mein Überseeschätzchen.:-)))
by Moni43

Popular Léonard

Fashion (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Tamango (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Léonard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Eau Fraiche de Leonard by Léonard Léonard (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Leonara by Léonard Leonard Homme by Léonard Eau de Balahé by Léonard Leonard (2012) by Léonard Monsieur Léonard (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Miss Balahé by Léonard L'Orchidée by Léonard Fabuleuse de Léonard by Léonard