L'Orchidée (2006)

L'Orchidée by Léonard

L'Orchidée is a perfume by Léonard for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Peach, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orchid, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 21.02.2020.

Gold
Antidote to our dreary winter
A composition by Olivier Pescheux from 2006 featuring orchid, jasmine and tuberose. "L'Orchidée" is deliciously and unashamedly old-fashioned in nature, but it is a very delicate impression rather than a slavish imitation of the orchid. At first, the scent of the flower seems to be far away, but gradually it emerges shyly through a web of slightly woodsy and powdery notes. "L'Orchidée" is a very smooth, dewy scent, rounded and soft. I only smell some faintly fruity notes in the beginning, heart and drydown are flowery. And a floral fragrance is the best antidote to dreary wintertimes. "L'Orchidée" was on sale last week and heavily reduced and it's not the latest, most fashionable floral fragrance on the market, but I think it's worth a sniff before it will be discontinued.

Cloying blackcurrant
L'Orchidee isn't what I'd describe as being an oriental floral. What I smell is a particularly strong fruity floral.

This fragrance was suggested to me by a helpful sales assistant when I expressed my love for strong scents. L'Orchidee is indeed very powerful, however far too much for me.

The black currant, peach and bergamot opening, screams fruit. In my opinion, this opening is far too loud and offensive. I gave L'Orchidee some time to develop hoping that the orchid note mixed with the tuberose and jasmine would impress me.

Unfortunately, the orchid note, although present, isn't particularly dominant so it doesn't seem to justify why this fragrance has been named after this note. Up until the drydown, this fragrance annoyed me with its cloying and intense black currant note which made me feel as if I'd had bathed in black currant juice for a couple of hours until it had permanently seeped into the pores of my skin.

The drydown offered me some relief, with the jasmine, vanilla and woodsy notes calming me down considerably.

I actually like the bottle, but I find the whole concept rather misleading. I expected something floral and feminine, but what I experienced was quite the opposite.

On a more positive note, at least the lasting strength was reasonable.

Popular Léonard

Balahé (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Tamango (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Fashion (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Eau Fraiche de Leonard by Léonard Léonard (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Léonard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Leonara by Léonard Leonard Homme by Léonard Eau de Balahé by Léonard Leonard (2012) by Léonard Monsieur Léonard (Eau de Toilette) by Léonard Miss Balahé by Léonard Fabuleuse de Léonard by Léonard