Vanille Havane 2020

Vanille Havane by Les Indémodables
Vanille Havane is a new perfume by Les Indémodables for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is spicy-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Antoine Lie

Comorian vanillaComorian vanilla
Colombian cocoaColombian cocoa
Egyptian jasmineEgyptian jasmine

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.11.2021.

DarkWinterCS
Best-of Gourmand - Better than Herod and Grand Soir?
Les Indemodables Vanille Havane, what a complicated and difficult name for a fragrance. Not only that I can hardly pronounce the brand name, but also always swap the two words of the fragrance name. How did I just come up with this fragrance?
While searching for a rum fragrance, I stumbled upon this one by accident, even though there is no rum in the fragrance pyramid. Sometimes you can have just luck in the search on Parfumo and find an unknown pearl. This Vanille Havane is certainly one of them, even if it is ultimately not a perfume that will end up in my collection.
For one thing, it's because of how the whole construct plays out on my skin. If one has like me an interest in Gourmands and had accordingly many of the category in the nose, so one must inevitably find that no longer extremely much new can be discovered. In the end, many chords are already known and fragrances which one does not yet know then simply use new combinations of chords. The fragrances must then be largely distinguished by their coordination, balance and quality.

So it is also with this vanilla Havane. Many fragrance chords that blossom here I have already smelled in other fragrances and also found good.Therefore, I had to make out then for me other criteria, as I can evaluate the fragrance. Because a Best-of-Gourmands must know halt also to convince. "Best-of" is to be taken literally, because I recognize so many fragrances again, that you can think, here the attempt was made to unite as many popular fragrances in itself and to demand a really proud price.

Specifically, I have heard when testing chords of the following fragrances:
Nasomatto Baraonda
MFK Grand Soir
Dior Ambre Nuit
PdM Herod

So it is quasi dire known representatives of the category warm, resinous, tobacco and vanilla. That this is also still so obvious on my skin, gives me something to think about. I'm sure many will have similar findings, even if I know that my skin can tickle out of certain notes a little more warmth and resinous notes. Now when I go through each of the scents, I'm usually only missing one or two notes to get right to Vanille Havane. Grand Soir ind dark (with some tobacco and vanilla), Herod with a little more sweetness through resinous notes or Ambre Nuit with a little tobacco.
Everyone can test it themselves times, here I'm convinced but something of the hype of the known fragrances should be taken.

However, I must award the fragrance an exceptionally high quality. The balance is excellent and not too sweet, not too dark and also the tobacco seems less damp than the Herod or Baraonda. The overall coordination and very successful and makes me doubt if it is just an inspiration of the fragrances mentioned. Since I can not estimate how high the quality of raw materials is, I have to rely on my intuition. Due to the really good coordination and perfection within the construct, I therefore hope that just as much value was placed on the raw material quality. Then also the price would be partly justified.

Also from the sillage and durability I can say nothing bad. The eight hours are loosely in and in the first three hours, the fragrance worked so well on the skin that it has also sprayed in the environment its notes.
Maybe I should still think about whether the fragrance deserves a place in my collection. Because the perfection is already impressive and partly even better than the fragrances listed above. Just the Herod sees no country against the here.

wonderful vanilla
The year has started and I already have one of the first discoveries of this year.
Vanille Habane is a work where Antoine Lie wants to show us a very realistic vanilla, without wanting to sweeten it, with a high load especially in the output of a black cocoa bathed with alcohol, the amber gives it a sweet point balanced by tobacco and subtle notes of leather, the jasmine always underneath accompanies the fragrance giving it a lot of elegance.
It is not high projection but the scent is incredibly irresistible.
Enigma/Creation-e was yesterday....
First of all, I would like to note that I have tested pretty much every fragrance of this house.
Although all the fragrances of this brand are of high quality and smell relatively good, I can't really recommend any of them because of the performance and the typical "baby powder" sweetness.
The fragrances belong for me rather in the category airy / light and especially rather (very) skin.

Vanilla Havane, however, is different..... gaaaaanz different.
Vanille Havane and Chypre Azural are the most unique fragrances of this house, but my favorite is clearly Vanille Havane!

In the opening (might seem slightly "challenging" to many) Vanille Havane smells like a delicate cinnamon bun with Baileys Original Irish Cream on top, relatively sweet! Later in the drydown, this scent shows its true strengths. It smells like damp leather and damp tobacco leaves wrapped in delicious rum. This is where I see similarities to Rojas Enigma and Back to Black by Kilian. However, Vanille Havane is somehow softer and contains a slight burnt sweetness that makes it a very mature gourmand that is timeless but shows sophistication. The burnt caramel and vanilla sweetness floats through the air quite pleasantly.
Opening aside, I find Vanille Havane better/more enjoyable than Enigma, as it has more warmth and density and is overall better/easier to wear.

However, if you like Enigma (Creation-e) and Back to Black, you should definitely try this one!
Longevity and sillage are similar to those of the above scents - no beast fashion, but good.

Is the relatively high price justified?
For me, a very clear YES!!!

RisingChaosRisingChaos 2 months ago
Heavily boozy, dry tobacco leaf with a healthy dose of warm, rich cocoa + vanilla. Drydown adds a powdery amber accord. Excellent gourmand.

by RahulESJ
by RahulESJ
by Dandrobe
by Dandrobe

Popular Les Indémodables

Fougère Emeraude by Les Indémodables Cuir de Chine by Les Indémodables Chypre Azural by Les Indémodables Rose de Jamal by Les Indémodables Musc des Sables by Les Indémodables Iris Perle by Les Indémodables Ambre Suprême by Les Indémodables Escale en Indonésie by Les Indémodables Oriental Velours by Les Indémodables Escale en Haïti by Les Indémodables