Vanille Havane 2020

Vanille Havane by Les Indémodables
8.5 / 10 184 Ratings
Vanille Havane is a popular perfume by Les Indémodables for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is spicy-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Comorian vanillaComorian vanilla Colombian cocoaColombian cocoa Egyptian jasmineEgyptian jasmine

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 02.02.2023.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Very helpful Review 14
Enigma/Creation-e was yesterday....
First of all, I would like to note that I have tested pretty much every fragrance of this house.
Although all the fragrances of this brand are of high quality and smell relatively good, I can't really recommend any of them because of the performance and the typical "baby powder" sweetness.
The fragrances belong for me rather in the category airy / light and especially rather (very) skin.

Vanilla Havane, however, is different..... gaaaaanz different.
Vanille Havane and Chypre Azural are the most unique fragrances of this house, but my favorite is clearly Vanille Havane!

In the opening (might seem slightly "challenging" to many) Vanille Havane smells like a delicate cinnamon bun with Baileys Original Irish Cream on top, relatively sweet! Later in the drydown, this scent shows its true strengths. It smells like damp leather and damp tobacco leaves wrapped in delicious rum. This is where I see similarities to Rojas Enigma and Back to Black by Kilian. However, Vanille Havane is somehow softer and contains a slight burnt sweetness that makes it a very mature gourmand that is timeless but shows sophistication. The burnt caramel and vanilla sweetness floats through the air quite pleasantly.
Opening aside, I find Vanille Havane better/more enjoyable than Enigma, as it has more warmth and density and is overall better/easier to wear.

However, if you like Enigma (Creation-e) and Back to Black, you should definitely try this one!
Longevity and sillage are similar to those of the above scents - no beast fashion, but good.

Is the relatively high price justified?
For me, a very clear YES!!!

Helpful Review 7
Best-of Gourmand - Better than Herod and Grand Soir?
Les Indemodables Vanille Havane, what a complicated and difficult name for a fragrance. Not only that I can hardly pronounce the brand name, but also always swap the two words of the fragrance name. How did I just come up with this fragrance?
While searching for a rum fragrance, I stumbled upon this one by accident, even though there is no rum in the fragrance pyramid. Sometimes you can have just luck in the search on Parfumo and find an unknown pearl. This Vanille Havane is certainly one of them, even if it is ultimately not a perfume that will end up in my collection.
For one thing, it's because of how the whole construct plays out on my skin. If one has like me an interest in Gourmands and had accordingly many of the category in the nose, so one must inevitably find that no longer extremely much new can be discovered. In the end, many chords are already known and fragrances which one does not yet know then simply use new combinations of chords. The fragrances must then be largely distinguished by their coordination, balance and quality.

So it is also with this vanilla Havane. Many fragrance chords that blossom here I have already smelled in other fragrances and also found good.Therefore, I had to make out then for me other criteria, as I can evaluate the fragrance. Because a Best-of-Gourmands must know halt also to convince. "Best-of" is to be taken literally, because I recognize so many fragrances again, that you can think, here the attempt was made to unite as many popular fragrances in itself and to demand a really proud price.

Specifically, I have heard when testing chords of the following fragrances:
Nasomatto Baraonda
MFK Grand Soir
Dior Ambre Nuit
PdM Herod

So it is quasi dire known representatives of the category warm, resinous, tobacco and vanilla. That this is also still so obvious on my skin, gives me something to think about. I'm sure many will have similar findings, even if I know that my skin can tickle out of certain notes a little more warmth and resinous notes. Now when I go through each of the scents, I'm usually only missing one or two notes to get right to Vanille Havane. Grand Soir ind dark (with some tobacco and vanilla), Herod with a little more sweetness through resinous notes or Ambre Nuit with a little tobacco.
Everyone can test it themselves times, here I'm convinced but something of the hype of the known fragrances should be taken.

However, I must award the fragrance an exceptionally high quality. The balance is excellent and not too sweet, not too dark and also the tobacco seems less damp than the Herod or Baraonda. The overall coordination and very successful and makes me doubt if it is just an inspiration of the fragrances mentioned. Since I can not estimate how high the quality of raw materials is, I have to rely on my intuition. Due to the really good coordination and perfection within the construct, I therefore hope that just as much value was placed on the raw material quality. Then also the price would be partly justified.

Also from the sillage and durability I can say nothing bad. The eight hours are loosely in and in the first three hours, the fragrance worked so well on the skin that it has also sprayed in the environment its notes.
Maybe I should still think about whether the fragrance deserves a place in my collection. Because the perfection is already impressive and partly even better than the fragrances listed above. Just the Herod sees no country against the here.

Delicious Boozy Tobacco
Opens with a boozy, dry tobacco leaf underlaid with a healthy dose of warm, rich chocolate and vanilla. Moderately sweet at first, after 30 minutes dries down to include a prominent amber accord and a suede leather that comes in to seamlessly replace the fuzzy, powdered tobacco touch. I'm not a huge tobacco fan but this stuff is fantastic. The vanilla and chocolate are bit players that play into the syrupy sweet base, with rum and tobacco accords being most dominant. Moderate-strong projection for 2-3hr, longevity 8-10hr.

I gotta be honest, I don't know how they came up with this nothingburger of a note breakdown. There's clearly way more going on here in a way that isn't the case with their other fragrances.

wonderful vanilla
The year has started and I already have one of the first discoveries of this year.
Vanille Habane is a work where Antoine Lie wants to show us a very realistic vanilla, without wanting to sweeten it, with a high load especially in the output of a black cocoa bathed with alcohol, the amber gives it a sweet point balanced by tobacco and subtle notes of leather, the jasmine always underneath accompanies the fragrance giving it a lot of elegance.
It is not high projection but the scent is incredibly irresistible.

Vanilleeeee
In Vanille Havane, Antoine Lie celebrates the singular ingredient of vanilla by taking you on an immersive journey through its olfactive complexity. By taking the emphasis away from the one-dimensional confectionary sweetness many vanilla fragrances highlight, and instead focusing on the authentic vanilla bean’s dark richness, Vanille Havane becomes Lie’s interpretation of vanilla as an intoxicating potion with facets of rum, dried fruits, cocoa, cigar, and dark florals that reverberate on an ambery leather base. Vanille Havane is Antoine Lie’s first foray into composing a fragrance centered on only one ingredient, but its masterful and smooth interpretation of the complex olfactive contrasts and complements of each of the vanilla bean’s many facets is the opposite of a typical linear fragrance. If you'd like a genuine olfactive odyssey through the vanilla bean, then this incredible fragrance is also for you!
Enjoy!
More reviews

5 short views on the fragrance
RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 year ago
Heavily boozy, dry tobacco leaf with a healthy dose of warm, rich cocoa + vanilla. Drydown adds a powdery amber accord. Excellent gourmand.
MiniGBICMiniGBIC 1 year ago
Where does the tobacco come from, I only smell tobacco.
And a tiny bit of vanilla.
Finally, dark chocolate powder.
Different than expected.
OdeurnicheOdeurniche 1 month ago
I usally don’t like vanille, but here the smell yield is amazing. Sweet, but in an ambery aspect. Boozy, powdery feelings from Cocoa. Yummy!
PetarMolnarPetarMolnar 1 month ago
Personally, this is the best interpretation of Tobacco&Vanilla and booze you will find on the market. Incredibly blended scent, easy 10/10
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
Initially spicy-boozy and sweet, a rather dry and resinous Oriental earthy-spicy Fall fragrance, on a warm and leathery spicy-woody base.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

6 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Les Indémodables

Fougère Emeraude by Les Indémodables Ambre Suprême by Les Indémodables Musc des Sables by Les Indémodables Chypre Azural by Les Indémodables Rose de Jamal by Les Indémodables Cuir de Chine by Les Indémodables Iris Perle by Les Indémodables Escale en Indonésie by Les Indémodables Oriental Velours by Les Indémodables Escale en Haïti by Les Indémodables