Fortis - Eau Delà (2011)

Fortis - Eau Delà by Les Liquides Imaginaires

Fortis - Eau Delà is a popular perfume by Les Liquides Imaginaires for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Sonia Constant

Saffron, Cumin, Oud, Cedar, Gaiac wood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 08.07.2019

The scent was first released in 2011 as a limited edition without mentioning the ingredients. Since 2013 it is regularly available as part of the trilogy Eaux Delàs.

10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Meggi
Let's show how quiet it is!
Singing in the Great Hall of the Tchaikovsky Conservatory is an unforgettable experience for a young chorister. But also our performance in the smaller Rachmaninow-Saal remained in my bright memory: Various choirs, mainly local, presented a short programme of four or five pieces. And we're in the middle. Those who know Russian choirs will have hardly overheard that there is value placed on force. Interpretational subtleties or our local ideal of a "mixing" of voices to a common one are pushed into the background.

The beginning was made by a group of monks and offered drone and impressive euphony. My dear Mr. Singing Club - after that we would not have wanted to perform. The second, however, was an ensemble that put an excessive strain on the idea of force. Solo tenor and bass had the qualities of a class I circular saw and typhon respectively, and the rest of the troop held to the best of their ability with.

There's no point in yelling at them as teenagers. So (not for the first time on our trip to Russia...) our choir leader issued the motto: "Let's show how quiet it is!"

Fortis now shows us how quiet - and nuanced - Black Afgano goes.

As a prelude, so to speak, after a brief Black-Afgano antidote at the beginning, the fragrance is initially rather spicy. Nice cumin, warm and border sweaty. After half an hour I smell more of the "black" again, specifically the sweet, thick and lacquered, but not so aggressive here. The dark, thickened wood note that reigns today is much more discreet and dignified than with the Nasomatto. I could imagine that (artificial?) sandalwood plays a role in this impression and ask for correction if necessary.

In the course of time this and that float in hints. At noon, for instance, a slightly hot note, like paprika powder. Just a little pinch that brings in a new nuance and prevents boredom. The wood shows - in impeccable "piano", of course - carefully a medical-ougth side.

In the afternoon, a few gentle, animalistic aspects finally come into play. Ambra is plausible, there is an idea of single-mindedness that refers to Patchouli, perhaps even to Castoreum. But it's all just swabs. In the evening we could also speak of AmbER, with sandalwood and vanilla shining undoubtedly. Musk, I can guess. But our striking wood - and with it the closeness to Black Afgano - are consistently present in a leitmotif manner.

Conclusion: Although I don't know what to do with a lot of the pyramid information about Fortis, he seems to me, despite his superficial resemblance to the Nasomatto, richer in aromas and nuances and thus ultimately more relaxed and confident. In addition, the endurance of the "black" may at some point be perceived as an energizing penetrance. Fortis, on the other hand, gradually fades after seven or eight hours, and that was enough. A candidate for the wish list.
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Fortis
A sexier Black Afgano,a less screaming one i may say.If Black Afgano roars from the top of its lungs 'i'm a more man fragrance',Fortis is a more wearable version,smoother,indeed strong but without the coffee and incense,and that is not necessarily bad! I wear Black Afgano without any hesitation but i'd rather wear Fortis,makes me feel different than the other,bit more feminine but equaly strong .Woody,resinous fragrance,softened by amyris,sandalwood and vanilla,a very interesting perfume.
7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Applause!
I turned my husband into a perfumisto by sticking great scents under his nose. He promptly acquired about 15 wonderful perfumes then announced he was done -- until this weekend when I had him smell Fortis. His eyes lit up. He sniffed and sniffed then made me promise to send him a link so he could buy it. I'm going to have to buy it, too.

Fortis is a simply outstanding fragrance.

I've never smelled cypriol (i.e., papyrus, ordering a sample right now), so can't be sure what it's contributing to this magical blend of woods, sultry spices, musks, vetiver and vanilla, the latter two not overdone, but lending their accents. Amyris must be adding the mildly resinous note.

All I know for sure is that this perfume is a swoon-inducer. It's agreeably light, rather than heavy, no doubt due to the lack of incense. The woods are rendered so well they're almost sweet. It doesn't shout like the nevertheless fabulous Norma Kamali Incense, but sits quietly on the skin, projecting enough to be known but not to drive anyone away.

In a world of often copycat so-so perfumes, Fortis is a beautiful, beautiful accomplishment.

p.s. Since posting this I read comparisons of Fortis with Nasomatto's Black Afgano and since I have a sample handy, I compared them. Yes, they're both lovely woods, but IMO Fortis surpasses Black Afgano in beauty by quite a lot, the lack of incense making it accessible to both women and men. Black Afgano projects a bit more after drydown, but that's it.

p.p.s I do have cypriol, a woody, leathery, smoky note from the root of an Indian sedge plant. It contributes beautifully to Fortis's top note.

Update 12/27/14
Fortis arrived a few days ago and doesn't disappoint. I've already worn it twice, just swooning.

by Brise