La Rose de Rosine (1991)

La Rose de Rosine by Les Parfums de Rosine
Compare Prices
La Rose de Rosine (Les Parfums de Rosine)
La Rose de Rosine (Les Parfums de Rosine)
La Rose de Rosine is a perfume by Les Parfums de Rosine for women and was released in 1991. The scent is flowery-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Tagetes, Violet, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose oil, Rose oil from Grasse, Iris, Jasmine, Turkish rose oil
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Peru balsam, Tonka bean

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 25.05.2017

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
A comforting, old-fashioned rose
On my skin, iris is the first one to show up, immediately followed by an explosion of roses lined with ylangylang. Right away, it brings to mind the image of a person lathering rose-scented soap and swishing the bubbles around. It's jammy and rosy and a little sweet and oh-so-feminine.

Something woody and faintly resinous shows up as it slowly becomes powdery. Almost as if there is rose sap being tapped from a tree the way rubber tappers tap rubber. The drydown is somewhat similar to several other chypre roses, with the key difference (for me) being that this rose retains its sweetness.

I really enjoyed this. La Rose de Rosine is a seemingly old-fashioned red rose, and a fairly realistic one at that, with some sugar thrown in for good measure. The bed of other flowers on which it rests brings out the rose even better, IMHO, whilst the woodiness adds dimension to it. It is at once comforting and gracefully sensual (if that's possible), kind of like a cashmere sweater on a woman who knows how to work it.

Longevity and sillage were decent: about 4-5 hours, with the last 3 hours sitting rather close to the skin.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Tar
Pervert boss of Roses - the Jasmine
LA ROSE DE ROSINE could be the name plate of Les Parfums de Rosine, if we count only the top notes. Rose bomb explodes in an instant after donning.
After a half hour it developes to be shamelessly pervert, jasmine reigning on the whole composition. Unfortunately I do not like it. It reminds me to Enlèvement au Serail. I do not recommend to wear LA ROSE DE ROSINE for work - only at night, and agree with previous voters, that it fits better to older, mature women.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Batch Problems chez Rosine????? My bottle is NOT: Old-School Floral Aldehyde Leaning Toward the Chypre side
*CAVEAT
I feel obliged to report that my bottle of LA ROSE DE ROSINE smells nothing at all like this description (my former review, based on a house-produced sample):

(old review):

LA ROSE DE ROSINE strikes me as a classic floral aldehyde of the “old lady” kind—which by the way is a term of endearment, not derogation, in my perfume book. Rose is unsurprisingly the centerpiece of this beautiful composition, created by a house built amazingly upon some person's rose note OCD. And that's a beautiful thing, too, by the way.

The house of Rosine offers a wide variety of finely calibrated yet distinctive rose perfumes, basically covering the entire olfactory map while also focusing on rose. LA ROSE DE ROSINE is closest, according to my nose, to something along the lines of Jean-Charles Brosseau L'OMBRE ROSE, with its vintage vibe. There may even be a touch of good old evernia prunastri here. Anyway, I like this one a lot, and can heartily recommend it to rose-loving aficionados of old-fashioned floral aldehydes on the chypre side.

------------------
New take: The perfume in my bottle of LA ROSE DE ROSINE opens very sweetly, so I do affirm the presence of violet right off. In fact, looking at the notes in the hierarchy, I can only conclude that there was a decanting or labeling error involved in the production of my carded sample. Based on this fresh bottle, I'd say that LA ROSE DE ROSINE is a fresh, sweet rose fragrance with a youthful appeal. NOT A CHYPRE at all. I do not detect either aldehydes or oakmoss in this composition. If I were to compare this to another floral perfume it would be closer to BVLGARI POUR FEMME.

I still like LA ROSE DE ROSINE quite a lot, but I just lucked out, since my purchase was made on the basis of the previous review!