Rose Praliné by Les Parfums de Rosine

Rose Praliné is a perfume by Les Parfums de Rosine for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Cardamom, Rose essence
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Chocolate, Rose absolute, Lapsang Souchong tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Cocoa, White musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 12.12.2019.

5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Yummy spiced tea!
I do not understand why this is called Rose Praline. Perhaps it's skin chemistry? Firstly, rose is just in the background, and I don't get pralines from this at all. Having said that, this is a very delish fragrance!

When I sprayed this on, my mind screamed "Chai tea!" It is immediately spicy and warm and a little sweet, so reminiscent of my favourite chai tea latte from Starbucks. There's a tiny tiny bit of a reddish rose, but it's mostly drowned in a sea of spices (especially the wonderful cardamom!), which turns out, isn't such a bad thing at all.

A spice-coated chocolate slowly emerges, and it's very well-rounded. I think of it as rolling a piece of chocolate around in your mouth just after you've had a sip of chai tea. It starts of as an almost milk chocolate before becoming darker. Positively yummy.

The rose only properly takes centre-stage right at the end, when a little more sweetness shows through. It's contrasted by the now bitter chocolate on a background of spices. It's a pity it took 4 hours for this to finally happen and for it to end up sitting so close to the skin at this stage, because it really is quite pretty.

Projection wasn't very strong, but still noticeable for the most part. Lasted around 5.5 hours on me.
6.0/10

Honey Rose
Neither fresh nor clean, Rose Praline is a sweet rose compared with the other Rosine scents. The juicier notes of bergamont are immediate; no cocoa, no vanilla, though a hint of musk breaks through the brighter green notes, giving ROSE PRALINE a warmer characteristic.

When asked, my kindergartener children tell me this smells, "Yummy, like candy. Good, like you." There is no mention of flowers or chocolate.
A sweet scent, though not gourmand in a vanilla batter way, ROSE PRALINE reminds me of BLV (the blue bottle of the Bvlgari brand). I think it's the lingering musk that reminds me of BLV, and, now it dawns on me, HONEY! ROSE PRALINE smells like honey roses, served with a bright green tea. Perhaps that's where the Praline name comes in. This is a honeyed rose that manages to smell like honey without smelling of urine (as many honey scents have a tendency to do).
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Unsweetened Cocoa Rose
Like many other reviewers, I was confused initially by Les Parfums de Rosine ROSE PRALINE because it is not really a gourmand perfume at all, despite its sugary-sounding name. Pralines are probably one of the sweetest candies around so I was definitely ready to reach for the expresso and ice water, if needed.

Nothing of the sort is required to digest this cocoa rose perfume, which features unsweetened and slightly bitter cocoa bean, not dark chocolate, unless perhaps it is the bar of Lindt chocolate boasting 90% cocoa. I bought one of those once, and I have to admit it that the experience seemed rather close to that of eating a spoonful of cocoa. Although I do appreciate a good dark chocolate, my preferred percentage is probably closer to 70...

ROSE PRALINE is the least rosy of the Rosine perfumes--at least those familiar to me--with rose serving as the background to the cocoa and the sandalwood. I rather like this composition and would consider adding a bottle to my collection for cool-weather wear.

This would be a good choice for those who like but do not love roses and those who enjoy some culinary notes but generally steer clear of gourmand compositions because they tend to be overly sweet or have too strong of a vanilla note. Neither is the case here--somewhat ironically, given the name!

Lecker Schokorose...
by Spawny
by Spawny
by Hatka
by Hatka
by Iris983
by Iris983

Popular Les Parfums de Rosine

Rose Kashmirie (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Un Zest de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Été by Les Parfums de Rosine Rosissimo (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Secrets de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Vive la Mariée by Les Parfums de Rosine La Rose de Rosine by Les Parfums de Rosine Roseberry by Les Parfums de Rosine Diabolo Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Clair Matin by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Amour by Les Parfums de Rosine Twill Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rosa Flamenca by Les Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Homme by Les Parfums de Rosine Ecume de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Une Rose au Bord de la Mer by Les Parfums de Rosine Poussière de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Majalis by Les Parfums de Rosine La Rose de Rosine Extrême by Les Parfums de Rosine